VN Ren'Py Completed Chasing Beth [v1.0.2] [Tora Productions]

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
What Moskys said is correct, but I'll add that the 5 games down the left side of the Omnibus start screen are the actual games and ones to the right of them are short stories and other things that add color to the world. The writing is such that I don't expect anyone to have played the short stories when playing the games. They add color, sometimes a lot of it (one of them is a novella), but to understand what's happening, you only need to play the actual games.

Tlaero
Any potential news for a second omnibus?

Reactions: EndlessNights

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Any potential news for a second omnibus?
I'm weighing the pros and cons of creating an Omnibus 2 with not enough stuff in it and then adding future things vs waiting until there's enough content to "fill" a second Omnibus before creating it.

Currently, there are two kinetics that I consider "Short stories" but that are longer than the Shorts in Omnibus 1, an actual short story, and Chasing Beth. Doesn't seem like "enough." But I understand the benefit of people not needing to ask what order things go in if they just need to download 2 omnibuses and play #1 before #2.

I'll keep thinking about it. Mostly, right now, I'm focused on Toro 7, though.

Tlaero

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
You could always just update the first omnibus and give it version numbers as well, although I can see why that might create further confusion.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Renpy really wants you to have all of the images be the same size, but the old games have images that are a different size (and different aspect ration even) than the new ones. That's the primary reason I chose to split the Omnibuses where I did.

Tlaero

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Renpy really wants you to have all of the images be the same size, but the old games have images that are a different size (and different aspect ration even) than the new ones. That's the primary reason I chose to split the Omnibuses where I did.

Tlaero
And I suppose it’s not possible to do a remaster?

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020

Tlaero
Oh, got it. That's an annoying limitation.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Tlaero The OP states this is the seventh game in the series. Now, I know from the Omnibus which are the first five, but I have no idea which one is considered to be the sixth. Which one would that be?

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks, I think I figured why it's called the "Seventh". Darkness Falls originally came as two separate HTML versions, But the Ren'Py version consolidated those into one.
And I do know about the two kinetics. But I saw those more as a collection of side stories.

On another note, I just finished Chasing Beth, and O.M.G.

I still don't know what triggered it, I think it was the way the scenes showed while Joel was typing out his final story, but I actually got a bit emotional.

I only suffered a very minor form of PTSD, I was involved with helping out emergency personnel during the aftermath of a frontal train collision (I lived next to a railroad) when I was only 18.
The first fifteen minutes, the only sounds I heard were the sirens from ambulances driving to and fro... it actually took a few years before I stopped hearing those whenever it became silent.
So I can very well imagine how hard it must be after experiencing things like the MC in this game, and others having experienced those in real life.
Especially if you're constantly in a situation where your life and that of your team members is on the line.

And I honestly don't understand how a certain someone could be so completely wrong about what the story is about, this says more about the player than about the characters.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

EV: PPF part 1 released
"Elsaverse: Past, Present, and Future" is a relatively short 4 part kinetic that paves the way for our next major game (Gemini). Today I'm releasing part one to $10 patrons, and I will release it to the public in about a day.
I hope you enjoy it!
PC/Linux

Mac

Tlaero

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Tlaero Mortze
For the love of all that is good, I don't know how the F I missed this one!!
Being a big fan of your stories (and the Elsaverse even more) this one was another great entry!!
Very deep emotions in it.
As always, the writing and the renders blend so beautifully with each other.

I'm thrilled each tie you release a new story and I'm looking forward to the upcoming ones!!
Now I'm up to date (including the new short PPF)

PS: Chloe :love::love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tlaero
4.40 star(s) 17 Votes