4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
And, on the next update, we discover that Jaye actually raised the parents from the dead using Christian and Tara as sacrifices and she sprayed them with Hatchet body spray to mask the undead smell. Just so she can tell MC she didn't come to his game because she was learning necromancy and preparing Christian for the ritual.

Oh the thread is going to burn for weeks...
spoopy witch magic
but not gonna happen

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
And, on the next update, we discover that Jaye actually raised the parents from the dead using Christian and Tara as sacrifices and she sprayed them with Hatchet body spray to mask the undead smell. Just so she can tell MC she didn't come to his game because she was learning necromancy and preparing Christian for the ritual.

Oh the thread is going to burn for weeks...
Then Shaggy pulls the hoods off and it's really Tara and Christian?

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
:unsure:
What if it's not Christian, but David who is Jaye +1. Let's say David job was to keep Alex safe or to keep him away, then Alex see David on the yacht and figure he was working for the lawyer all along. It would explain why Alex clenchs his fist in anger at the ending.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: crazed1982 and 610

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
What if it's not Christian, but David who is Jaye +1. Let's say David job was to keep Alex safe or to keep him away, then Alex see David on the yacht and figure he was working for the lawyer all along. It would explain why Alex clenchs his fist in anger at the ending.
While this could be a theory, the specific mentioning of 'Hatchet Body Spray' and that George also recognizes him (as he wouldn't know David) that this is that douchebag Christian.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
FWIW, as of this moment we anticipate fewer torches/pitchforks and more theorycrafting/speculation at the end of the next chapter. We'll return to our regularly-scheduled angsty cliffhangers later. ;)
:cry: ..... this is only goodbye my darling pitchfork....

But, seriously, can't wait for next chapter and speculate harder than reddit on some famous gaming company; hope my Necromancer Jaye theory will have its chance :D

Reactions: Naxos

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
So... I just played through this the first time... and I don't know if I can continue. That gut punch at the end of the current build(Edit: No... gut is not enough. More like gut, heart and head all at the same time). FUCK! I get too attached to these sometimes and I know it's just a game, it's just a story, but damnit I thought some happiness could happen... but no. FUCK!!
It's hopefully a red herring, it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

While this could be a theory, the specific mentioning of 'Hatchet Body Spray' and that George also recognizes him (as he wouldn't know David) that this is that douchebag Christian.
That'd depend on whether George was involved with the hiring, his being employed to watch after the MC could be something that was a catalyst to their falling out but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ariostebaldo

MayFreese

Oct 8, 2020
it's so calm in this thread after a bloody battle b/w MC and Jaye fans
Have to give credit to the devs where it's due. Christian is hated (for very obvious reasons) by pretty much everyone, so that was a good cliffhanger to get people anxious for the next update. Even I have to admit the thought of Jaye still keeping in contact with that a-hole makes my skin crawl.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Geez, this game has so much DRAMA. Its like whole universe is conspiring to keep the Alex and Jaye apart.

Especially Tara is a huge asshole. Blocking Alex in Jaye's phone is a huge d*ck move. (Jaye didnt block him and she knew how he was specifically blocked, its obvious).
Also Alex's decision to leave during night after Tara "went after him to make sure he is okay" is very suspicous. She probably had a hand into his decision to disappear.

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Geez, this game has so much DRAMA. Its like whole universe is conspiring to keep the Alex and Jaye apart.

Especially Tara is a huge asshole. Blocking Alex in Jaye's phone is a huge d*ck move. (Jaye didnt block him and she knew how he was specifically blocked, its obvious).
Also Alex's decision to leave during night after Tara "went after him to make sure he is okay" is very suspicous. She probably had a hand into his decision to disappear.
I think I agree with your theory that Tara blocked the MC on Jaye's phone. However, I don't think she played a role in him leaving. When Jaye punched him, said the things she said and he caught her fist. The way he carefully let go and walked away. I think he knew then he was leaving because much like he did when he was younger when he over heard the kids teasing her... he felt (wrongfully and idiotically) that it was better for him to leave. NOW... Tara may have just gone along with that and encouraged or never discouraged it, but I think it was all his decision to leave... Personally.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Sometimes, when you are the only one fighting for your beau, you just need to let go.
For your own sake, just let her fall into someone else that does not care in the slightest,
because babes do not care for those that love them.
I think I agree with your theory that Tara blocked the MC on Jaye's phone. However, I don't think she played a role in him leaving. When Jaye punched him, said the things she said and he caught her fist. The way he carefully let go and walked away. I think he knew then he was leaving because much like he did when he was younger when he over heard the kids teasing her... he felt (wrongfully and idiotically) that it was better for him to leave. NOW... Tara may have just gone along with that and encouraged or never discouraged it, but I think it was all his decision to leave... Personally.
Who would care 4 someone who cares? Better have someone who hurts you.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Ooh throwing shade at Tara? I'm in!

Will be interesting to see how that played out, and I'm pretty sure we will. He had decided long before that night he was leaving, the only thing he hadn't decided was when.

I suspect Tara punched his v-card that night for sure. Whether she pushed him to leave or not I'm not sure. We know that she'd had an interest in the MC before and she seemed really turned on by his standing up to Christian. We also know she'd done some stuff with Jaye, but I don't know who her feelings where stronger for. Maybe it was just experimentation with Jaye, maybe more. Personally I hope it was just a little experimentation that died out early, but that's me. I can't really see a reason for Tara to block his number unless she wanted one of them for herself. Kinda of failed if she wanted the MC though.

Reactions: DA22

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
your theory is convincing and the Devs also mentioned something that TARA will play a big role in everything related to MC and jaye

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MV_1999

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ooh throwing shade at Tara? I'm in!

Will be interesting to see how that played out, and I'm pretty sure we will. He had decided long before that night he was leaving, the only thing he hadn't decided was when.

I suspect Tara punched his v-card that night for sure. Whether she pushed him to leave or not I'm not sure. We know that she'd had an interest in the MC before and she seemed really turned on by his standing up to Christian. We also know she'd done some stuff with Jaye, but I don't know who her feelings where stronger for. Maybe it was just experimentation with Jaye, maybe more. Personally I hope it was just a little experimentation that died out early, but that's me. I can't really see a reason for Tara to block his number unless she wanted one of them for herself. Kinda of failed if she wanted the MC though.
Yeah we just miss information on Tara so it will be full on speculation. One thing it could be is that she wants or wanted both. Well in that case since devs have ruled her out as an LI she might be doomed to fail.

Also it might not be impossible even if she did blockthe number, it was not with bad intentions as such, but tried to protect one or both of them since she was aware they would only hurt eachother. Remember if she cared about both of them or even just one of them she is one of those who was caught as collateral fire likely quite a lot during the drama between Jaye and MC during those ten years, maybe she just wanted some peace as well. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MV_1999

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Yeah we just miss information on Tara so it will be full on speculation. One thing it could be is that she wants or wanted both. Well in that case since devs have ruled her out as an LI she might be doomed to fail.

Also it might not be impossible even if she did blockthe number, it was not with bad intentions as such, but tried to protect one or both of them since she was aware they would only hurt eachother. Remember if she cared about both of them or even just one of them she is one of those who was caught as collateral fire likely quite a lot during the drama between Jaye and MC during those ten years, maybe she just wanted some peace as well. :)
or maybe she wanted a piece of both:BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: DrDerpington

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
or maybe she wanted a piece of both:BootyTime:
Yeah, that was basically my first sentence. :) Still that does not take away my second paragraph, that people might also have acted to keep those two apart or were happy enough to keep them apart since the antics between them may also have been painful and hurt those who cared bout them like the parents and Tara.

We tend to look at the game through the eyes of Jaye and MC, but it could not have been easy for those who cared about them either. To have to see them get hurt over and over and support them through it and/or give them some room and privacy.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Yeah, that was basically my first sentence. :) Still that does not take away my second paragraph, that people might also have acted to keep those two apart or were happy enough to keep them apart since the antics between them may also have been painful and hurt those who cared bout them like the parents and Tara.

We tend to look at the game through the eyes of Jaye and MC, but it could not have been easy for those who cared about them either. To have to see them get hurt over and over and support them through it and/or give them some room and privacy.
I'm a lot like the MC so I understand his perspective well.
as for Jaye I still can't understand why you wanna push a person(mc) away that cares for you and your safety just for your anger and ego
and If you don't want him anywhere near you then you won't see him anywhere near you.
off-course losing parents is a very painful experience and not having your brother around is a catalyst to more pain,anger and hate

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm a lot like the MC so I understand his perspective well.
as for Jaye I still can't understand why you wanna push a person(mc) away that cares for you and your safety just for your anger and ego
and If you don't want him anywhere near you then you won't see him anywhere near you.
off-course losing parents is a very painful experience and not having your brother around is a catalyst to more pain,anger and hate
Well where you can understand MC I can understand Jaye somewhat. If someone you care about (this does not even have to be love or sexual needs but also just sisterly or brotherly love) also hits upon a serious trauma by interacting with them it does tear you apart. At one part you want to be with them and share their life while the other part cannot handle it. One reason I said one of the few explanations for behaviour of Jaye is if she has a PTSS/trauma and MC hits upon it.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes