4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
They can't make tara a LI cause a lot of players will choose her over the main LI at the moment. Add to that the theory that tara was MC first and you get a side LI overshadowing the main LI. Maybe after failing miserably in their attempt to make jaye a redeemable LI after completely destroying her in the next few chapters they will throw us a throuple option in a desperate move ;) ;)

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
They can't make tara a LI cause a lot of players will choose her over the main LI at the moment. Add to that the theory that tara was MC first and you get a side LI overshadowing the main LI. Maybe after failing miserably in their attempt to make jaye a redeemable LI after completely destroying her in the next few chapters they will throw us a throuple option in a desperate move ;) ;)

Wow. I read a lot of nonsense in here so far but that statement takes the cake for now, congrats.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I gave you a laughing reaction, but this easily may become very true if devs are not very careful next update if at what was hinted in cliffhanger will be true. They will not be playing just with fire, but the heat of a Vulcano when it comes to Jaye and her being redeemable ever on later in game. They can make her as sweet after as they want, if people do not play her paths, people will never know.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
How the hell are Sunshine Love, Reunion and Chasing Sunsets even remotely similar? o_O
In those 3 games the mc do not have a good relationship with her sisters and he will return to them.
For him own cause or for because of other people :
Sunshine Love (stepmother)
Reunion (stepmother)
Chasing Sunsets (Sis and mc)

Reactions: Andre Young

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
You do realize that MC returns home to loving sister/estranged sister applies for pretty much 60-70% of all the incest related games here, right?

Though it's usually at least 2 sisters, since at least one should be in love with him while the other feels betrayed by him for leaving her.
Damn it!

I thought I was on to something good and unique in my game plot. Now I'm going to have to start again.... maybe a moving back after his asshole father who kicked him out at 15 dies. Yeah that should work. Back to the note pad.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Well I gave you a laughing reaction, but this easily may become very true if devs are not very careful next update if at what was hinted in cliffhanger will be true. They will not be playing just with fire, but the heat of a Vulcano when it comes to Jaye and her being redeemable ever on later in game. They can make her as sweet after as they want, if people do not play her paths, people will never know.
One of the realities of storytelling that different people will have different opinions on what an "ideal" ending will look like. Hopefully, most will feel there was sufficient agency and choice in those paths to lead the player to the ending that most closely aligns with their preferences. That said, with the number of endings planned, it's inevitable that some players will find none of them line up 100% with their personal "perfect ending."

One concept we're implementing are "modfied" endings. This means there are planned main endings that will be slightly different depending on seemingly minor choices made at various points on the game (including the Prologue.) The overall ending is still the same, but some flavor is added to it to reflect seemingly innocuous decisions.

We also personally prefer to avoid writing "game over" endings, especially early in the game. For instance, in reality, Alex could just say "Fuck this, I'm out" and the game would be over. Rather than waste development time on a player who doesn't want to play to begin with, certain assumptions are made.

To some degree, most visual novels create the illusion of choice. That doesn't mean choices can't be meaningful, but ultimately it just flavors how the same story is told, and what the outcome of that story is for the player.

In short, we hate choices where choosing to drink beer over wine in Chapter 1 locks out ending X, but think it's cool if that choice results in your LI bringing you a beer over a glass of wine in that ending.

That said, the story is set. One nice aspect of doing this as a hobby rather than a profession is that we can take feedback onboard without being beholden to it. Rest assured, we have no intention of being careful or throwing overtime Hail Marys to retain patrons or interest. If we fail in the end, we return to our day jobs with some cool experience and some lifelong friendships.

We love doing this. Hopefully that comes through in our craft more and more as we progress.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Damn it!

I thought I was on to something good and unique in my game plot. Now I'm going to have to start again.... maybe a moving back after his asshole father who kicked him out at 15 dies. Yeah that should work. Back to the note pad.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I believe in you :p

• Haha
Reactions: Naxos

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
One of the realities of storytelling that different people will have different opinions on what an "ideal" ending will look like. Hopefully, most will feel there was sufficient agency and choice in those paths to lead the player to the ending that most closely aligns with their preferences. That said, with the number of endings planned, it's inevitable that some players will find none of them line up 100% with their personal "perfect ending."

One concept we're implementing are "modfied" endings. This means there are planned main endings that will be slightly different depending on seemingly minor choices made at various points on the game (including the Prologue.) The overall ending is still the same, but some flavor is added to it to reflect seemingly innocuous decisions.

We also personally prefer to avoid writing "game over" endings, especially early in the game. For instance, in reality, Alex could just say "Fuck this, I'm out" and the game would be over. Rather than waste development time on a player who doesn't want to play to begin with, certain assumptions are made.

To some degree, most visual novels create the illusion of choice. That doesn't mean choices can't be meaningful, but ultimately it just flavors how the same story is told, and what the outcome of that story is for the player.

In short, we hate choices where choosing to drink beer over wine in Chapter 1 locks out ending X, but think it's cool if that choice results in your LI bringing you a beer over a glass of wine in that ending.

That said, the story is set. One nice aspect of doing this as a hobby rather than a profession is that we can take feedback onboard without being beholden to it. Rest assured, we have no intention of being careful or throwing overtime Hail Marys to retain patrons or interest. If we fail in the end, we return to our day jobs with some cool experience and some lifelong friendships.

We love doing this. Hopefully that comes through in our craft more and more as we progress.
Amen to that, you'll never make everyone happy and you'll go crazy and end up in the abandoned pile if you try. Tell the story you want and i believe most of us will love it based on your current progress.

Reactions: St1ffme1ster

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
She is not even in the game :p

It's the first girl Kentyrr created and her name is Lisa. Her imagine is just there because the game got...well...pirated and they grabbed any images they could find and she was amongst them :p

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
View attachment 1044816
Stone Fox Studios
This character was already featured in the game ?
No. That is Lisa.

This is not Stone Fox Studios' thread, and we did not post our game here. We have no official relationship with F95.

Needless to say, when a game is pirated from the Patreon site it's launched on, this isn't usually done in coordination with the developers, so the potential for the game to be inaccurately represented on F95 is high.

This is one such case.

As to whether Lisa will have a role in Chasing Sunsets at some point, or appear in another story further down the road remains to be seen.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
No. That is Lisa.

This is not Stone Fox Studios' thread, and we did not post our game here. We have no official relationship with F95.

Needless to say, when a game is pirated from the Patreon site it's launched on, this isn't usually done in coordination with the developers, so the potential for the game to be inaccurately represented on F95 is high.

This is one such case.

As to whether Lisa will have a role in Chasing Sunsets at some point, or appear in another story further down the road remains to be seen.
May I suggest that you use her as much as possible? :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

Your game, your story. Surely when the game is finished it will be one of the best vn I have ever played.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes