4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
My Father was a steel plant worker, and always worked two or three jobs at a time to provide for us kids. Yeah he wasn't always there, sometimes not even for important moments, but I know he tried to be. He didn't hover over us like a helicopter, or smooth our path to the point that we couldn't even get past a pebble without tripping. He taught us how to solve are our own problems. Don't ever tell me that my Father was a bad Father.
Oh I will never talk about anyone's personal father without knowing all details (trust me your dad was likely a thousand times better guy as mine anyway), that is up to you to decide in the end. Besides him not being there at some important moments, does not mean he was not there at those moments when you really did need his support emotionally and even if he was not for reasons (like quite common that Mother is supposed to take care of the support side and father brings in the money) that still does not mean he did not love you and you loved him back.

Thing is though raising kids entails more as just keeping them clothed and fed and also has to do with guiding and protecting them emotionally and yeah that also means when they get older to take a step back and let them make own mistakes while you watch from further away and support them to make sure they survive those mistakes without hurting themselves too much.

Well with how dysfunctional this situation turned out in game, you can ask some serious questions though either parent did that.

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Oh I will never talk about anyone's personal father without knowing all details (trust me your dad was likely a thousand times better guy as mine anyway), that is up to you to decide in the end. Besides him not being there at some important moments, does not mean he was not there at those moments when you really did need his support emotionally and even if he was not for reasons (like quite common that Mother is supposed to take care of the support side and father brings in the money) that still does not mean he did not love you and you loved him back.

Thing is though raising kids entails more as just keeping them clothed and fed and also has to do with guiding and protecting them emotionally and yeah that also means when they get older to take a step back and let them make own mistakes while you watch from further away and support them to make sure they survive those mistakes without hurting themselves too much.

Well with how dysfunctional this situation turned out in game, you can ask some serious questions though either parent did that.
Or Alex and Jaye's parents decided that their relationship problems were one of those things that they needed to work out on their own. Personally I don't think that fixing someone else's relationship is ever a good idea.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
I don't think that fixing someone else's relationship is ever a good idea.
I would say this is still a very bad idea. Interfering in someone's life, even if it is their own child, is always counterproductive, a source of tension and disagreement. Providing good advice, yes. Compel or contest, no!

Reactions: DavDR and MV_1999

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Or Alex and Jaye's parents decided that their relationship problems were one of those things that they needed to work out on their own. Personally I don't think that fixing someone else's relationship is ever a good idea.
It is if they are 8 yo till 14 yo and there are major problems, even if just for the peace in their family. Besides then they should also have left them alone after they died. Where compelling is something else as supporting them, getting to the bottom and help them to deal with the situation in a healthier way. Just ignoring and pulling your hands of it is ignoring your responsibility as a parent.

Remember also compelling them together is exactly what they do now after having let their relation fester for over ten years.

Also when it leads to your son aimlessly wandering around locking himself away from his loved ones for 5 years, well then it is way beyond time to support him since things are obviously wrong with him, even if keep him apart from his sister for your own peace and quiet you wish so you can work on what is most important to you and rule your empire.

Last edited:

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
It is if they are 8 yo till 14 yo and there are major problems, even if just for the peace in their family. Besides then they should also have left them alone after they died. Where compelling is something else as supporting them, getting to the bottom and help them to deal with the situation in a healthier way. Just ignoring and pulling your hands of it is ignoring your responsibility as a parent.

Remember also compelling them together is exactly what they do now after having let their relation fester for over ten years.

Also when it leads to your son aimlessly wandering around locking himself away from his loved ones for 5 years, well then it is way beyond time to support him since things are obviously wrong with him, even if keep him apart from his sister for your own peace and quiet you wish so you can work on what is most important to you and rule your empire.
Yes because intervening in anothers personal relationship always works out so well. And so what if the kids fight, I come from a big family, we were always fighting with each other. My parents wisely never intervened and left us to work it out on their own. Eventually we worked it out on our own terms.

As to the present situation in story, who said that the test is to fix Alex and Jaye's relationship? George just said that they had to work together not love one another. We had a saying when I was in the Army, "I can soldier with anyone" meaning that you have to work with the people that you have to work with, regardless of personal feelings.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes because intervening in anothers personal relationship always works out so well. And so what if the kids fight, I come from a big family, we were always fighting with each other. My parents wisely never intervened and left us to work it out on their own. Eventually we worked it out on our own terms.

As to the present situation in story, who said that the test is to fix Alex and Jaye's relationship? George just said that they had to work together not love one another. We had a saying when I was in the Army, "I can soldier with anyone" meaning that you have to work with the people that you have to work with, regardless of personal feelings.
Yeah and your parents saw that you did work it out over time and it did not go beyond reasonable bounds in their eyes, so they did not have to interfere and are you sure your Mom did not without you noticing in some small things? You do not always have to sit down with long talks. Moms tend to be good at that. :) These two though did not work it out and it became worse and worse over time to the point that two kids that were inseparable and loved each other only fought or completely avoided each other. Now the first what happened in your family is healthy and normal, the second is not and is where you would interfere.

It would be the same your 11 yo son or daughter would come home frustrated a friday afternoon and says they never want to go to school again. Now first reaction might be some humor since we all have had those days after a fight at school, teacher that was not nice, we made a fool of ourselves with a girl we liked or whatever. Now if they are still adamant on Monday, we have a problem Houston. Even while first reaction will be to kick them out of bed and send them to school, there is also obviously a bit more going on and whatever happened that made them come home Friday did mean more to them and it does deserve attention.

You can decide of course and likely best reaction to just see if things improve in a few days/weeks. If not, well it beyond time by then to find out exactly what is the problem and what I can do to help fix it or alleviate it or find out if some serious bullying or even worse things are going on like a teacher that is to handsy and the kid deserves and needs my protection or nothing to special is going on and just needs some support and sympathy with maybe a dosis realism that life is not always fair or fun. Doing not much on Friday as patting them on the head and ask what happened is completely normal and reasonable, not doing anything a month later if situation does not improve, well that is something else.

Funny we got in this discussion since my original point was exactly that by having the parents die off you could stay away from this discussion. :p The thing is the parents in this game might have even agreed with decision MC early in this game and that the kids were to close for their own good based on their convictions and so even actively helped a bit to keep them apart later. (Just an example, not much if anything in game to suggest that), just by them not being involved anymore the reasons why they did what they did or did not do it carry less consequences or immediate emotional consequences in game.

Last edited:

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Yeah and your parents saw that you did work it out over time and it did not go beyond reasonable bounds in their eyes, so they did not have to interfere and are you sure your Mom did not without you noticing in some small things? Moms tend to be good at that. :) These two though did not work it out and it became worse and worse over time to the point that two kids that were inseparable and loved each other only fought or completely avoided each other. Now the first what happened in your family is healthy and normal, the second is not and is where you would interfere.

It would be the same your 11 yo son or daughter would come home frustrated a friday afternoon and says they never want to go to school again. Now first reaction might be some humor since we all have had those days after a fight at school, teacher that was not nice or whatever. Now if they are still adamant on Monday, we have a problem Houston. Even while first reaction will be to kick them out of bed and send them to school, there is also obviously a bit more going on and whatever happened that made them come home Friday did mean more to them and it does deserve attention.

You can decide of course and likely best reaction to just see if things improve in a few days/weeks. If not, well it beyond time by then to find out exactly what is the problem and what I can do to help fix it or alleviate it or find out if some serious bullying or even worse things are going on like a teacher that is to handsy and the kid deserves and needs my protection. Doing not much on Friday as patting them on the head is completely normal and reasonable, not doing anything a month later if situation does not improve, well that is something else.

Funny we got in this discussion since my original point was exactly that by having the parents die off you could stay away from this discussion. :p The thing is the parents in this game might have even agreed with decision MC early in this game and that the kids were to close for their own good based on their convictions and so even actively helped a bit to keep them apart later. (Just an example, not much if anything in game to suggest that), just by them not being involved anymore the reasons why they did what they did or did not do it carry less consequences or immediate emotional consequences in game.
No, I think you're still reading the situation wrong entirely.

My parents never intervened in my relationships with my brothers and sisters. Well not completely, they wouldn't let us actually kill one another although I did get my first black eye and my first broken nose in fights with my brothers. With one of my brothers we were rivals almost up to the time of his death, but we worked it out on our own eventually.

I think that the parents in this game can see the problems that their children are having and are wise enough to understand that it's a problem that they will need to work out on their own. That doesn't make them bad parents, which has been my point all along.

Reactions: Real Kreten

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No, I think you're still reading the situation wrong entirely.

My parents never intervened in my relationships with my brothers and sisters. Well not completely, they wouldn't let us actually kill one another although I did get my first black eye and my first broken nose in fights with my brothers. With one of my brothers we were rivals almost up to the time of his death, but we worked it out on our own eventually.

I think that the parents in this game can see the problems that their children are having and are wise enough to understand that it's a problem that they will need to work out on their own. That doesn't make them bad parents, which has been my point all along.
Well I disagree with you on this one, especially considering the age of the kids when things went south. Yeah if that happened at age 25 with a different original story between them I might agree and even then you would first try to at least mediate between them and help them solve their problems if they would be open to that and never become best of friends after. By then that is their decision and life. If one of my kids was bullying the other though as pre teens or early teens, you better bet your ass I would interfere in that and would see it as my obligation to do so.. Oh and I have not talked with one of my brothers for well over 40 years now and pretty sure that will never change either, so I know that sometimes family relations go south beyond what parents can do about it. :)

Not in this situation though. Does that mean it is easy to interfere in your kids life, no. Does it become harder and become your rights as parents smaller to do so when when they are all grown up and the closer they get to that and should be taking care of themselves, absolutely. Not doing anything was interfering just as much in their life though and making a decision about that as interfering would have been. At that early age you are responsible for their physical and mental well being and if drop the ball on that as a parent it is not good parenting, whatever your reasons are even if with the best of intentions.

Last edited:

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Well I disagree with you on this one, especially considering the age of the kids when things went south. Yeah if that happened at age 25 with a different original story between them I might agree and even then you would first try to at least mediate between them and help them solve their problems if they would be open to that and never become best of friends after. By then that is their decision and life. If one of my kids was bullying the other though as pre teens or early teens, you better bet your ass I would interfere in that and would see it as my obligation to do so.. Oh and I have not talked with one of my brothers for well over 40 years now and pretty sure that will never change either, so I know that sometimes family relations go south beyond what parents can do about it. :)

Not in this situation though. Does that mean it is easy to interfere in your kids life, no. Does it become harder and become your rights as parents smaller to do so when when they are all grown up and the closer they get to that and should be taking care of themselves, absolutely. Not doing anything was interfering just as much in their life though and making a decision about that as interfering would have been. At that early age you are responsible for their physical and mental well being and if drop the ball on that as a parent it is not good parenting, whatever your reasons are even if with the best of intentions.
We'll just have to disagree on that, but I think you are completely wrong.

And nobody in our family bullied each other, we fought, often physically. It was hard sometimes, I was the youngest brother and it can be hard for a younger sibling to beat his elder but I learned to do it, and those lesson's were of value in my life, and not just in fighting skill. When you solve your children's problems for them you rob your children of the chance to learn how to solve problems. Now that's what I call bad parenting.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
We'll just have to disagree on that, but I think you are completely wrong.

And nobody in our family bullied each other, we fought, often physically. It was hard sometimes, I was the youngest brother and it can be hard for a younger sibling to beat his elder but I learned to do it, and those lesson's were of value in my life, and not just in fighting skill. When you solve your children's problems for them you rob your children of the chance to learn how to solve problems. Now that's what I call bad parenting.
That is where our disagreement is, I agree that you should teach your children to solve their own problems when they are ready for them and those will change and grow with the older they become, but not to let them flounder with it when they do not have the emotional or physical age yet to deal with them as these parents did and then sit back to see them fail and get hurt seriously. Well personally as a parent I will even try to carefully and tactfully offer support and guidance even now when they are adult, but yeah it is fully their decision now, even if I might grumble sometimes or shake my head. :p

I also have amongst others a 12 year older brother and he also did not bully me or fight with me seriously when I was younger luckily beyond some friendly playing, but at age 6 I would not have been able to deal with him on an even footing either or take care of myself if he would have, neither physically or emotionally at that age nor should I have been expected to be able to deal with that at that age. Now when I was 16 with other brother that was 9 years older that was different case, I more or less could even if some help would have been appreciated :p. To say as a parent in a case where you cannot be expected yet due to age to take care of it yourself, nah your problem kid, that is neglect as what happened to Jaye and MC when they were much younger resulting in what happened 10 years after where the parents still had not helped them to acquire the skills needed that they forgot to teach them as kids.

Last edited:

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
That is where our disagreement is, I agree that you should teach your children to solve their own problems when they are ready for them, but not to let them flounder with it when they do not have the emotional or physical age yet to deal with them as these parents did and then sit back to see them fail and get hurt seriously. Well personally as a parent I will even try to carefully and tactfully offer support and guidance even now when they are adult, but yeah it is fully their decision now, even if I might grumble sometimes or shake my head. :p

I also have amongst others a 12 year older brother and he also did not bully me or fight with me seriously when I was younger luckily beyond some friendly playing, but at age 6 I would not have been able to deal with him on an even footing either or take care of myself if he would have, now when I was 16 with my other brother that was 9 years older that was different case, I more or less could even if some help would have been appreciated :p. To say as a parent in a casewhere you cannot be expected yet due to age to take care of it yourself, nah your problem, that is neglect as what happened to Jaye and MC when they were much younger resulting in what happened 10 years after.
Yet Jaye and Alex are working things out. Given how they feel about one another it's inevitable that they will, one way or another.

And we did see the parents speaking to their children about this issue, what they didn't do was intervene and try to 'fix' everything at the first sign of problems. You call this bad parenting. I say it's the wisest course they could follow. Children will have rivalries, jealousy's etc. You can hover over them, fixing every little problem for them or you can stand back, assure them they they are both loved, take care of their needs and security, and leave them to find their own way. Of the two I obviously prefer the latter course.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yet Jaye and Alex are working things out. Given how they feel about one another it's inevitable that they will, one way or another.

And we did see the parents speaking to their children about this issue, what they didn't do was intervene and try to 'fix' everything at the first sign of problems. You call this bad parenting. I say it's the wisest course they could follow. Children will have rivalries, jealousy's etc. You can hover over them, fixing every little problem for them or you can stand back, assure them they they are both loved, take care of their needs and security, and leave them to find their own way. Of the two I obviously prefer the latter course.
Me too, but only when they are ready for that and here they horribly failed in that. I am actually proud of fact my kids make different decisions I would make and they think and make decisions for themselves even if I might sometimes disagree with those decisions per se and grumble some. It means I did my job at least partly right if def also not perfectly either. :p

Cuddling is wrong, being overbearing is also wrong, but letting your kids flounder with things they are not old enough to deal with is just as wrong in my opinion. You have the obligation to help, protect them and guide them with things like that when they are very young and you give them more and more own responsibility when they grow and have acquired more maturity and skills to deal with situation as you try to teach them as they grow older, but even then you still are there for advice and if something they really cannot be expected to handle, you do take action, whether they are happy about that or not.

You know I did not expect my 16 yo to be able to deal with the local drugdealers when one of his friends got into trouble with them either, while I would not have dreamt of interfering too much at that age when he would have just had a fight with that same friend beyond asking what happened and he wanted to talk about it.

piotrdab

Sep 29, 2020
grrr, where is sound of the wind from the start page? Can anyone fix this? I loved this sound...

Last edited:

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
The devs mentioned decoupling sound from video so there was nothing not controlled by the Ren’Py volume sliders. I’m guessing the sound you’re missing was part of the movie and removed for that reason.

Reactions: v1900

piotrdab

Sep 29, 2020
The devs mentioned decoupling sound from video so there was nothing not controlled by the Ren’Py volume sliders. I’m guessing the sound you’re missing was part of the movie and removed for that reason.
oh, of course I know about it, I just complain about switching of wonderfull, delicate sound of the wind to some average, boring song on this page. It has ruined the unique climate of openinig game's site
Really sorry for my english

Blue Angel

Oct 10, 2017
What an exciting game! It's really great when the tension isn't limited to the relationship between the main characters. So it was indeed Christian but not for the reasons I thought. Well played, Jaye!

I'm surprised so many people are still trusting George. For me, there's a big SUS above his head. He's probably the one who blocked the number on Jaye's phone, making the MC relying on him. And only him could have enabled the ambush in the airport. The tasks are probably a way to access some missing information that only the siblings can recover.

The situation of the siblings is pretty bad. They are isolated, their renewed relationtionship is still very frail, without any real ressources since George is controlling their funds. Mallory will be a key player since she has a big trump card with the power of the media.

Well, I'm really excited to see if my vision of this game is correct or completely false. :LOL:

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
I'm surprised so many people are still trusting George. For me, there's a big SUS above his head. He's probably the one who blocked the number on Jaye's phone, making the MC relying on him.
Tana mentioned that the blocking was actually jaye's fault, she never unblocked the mc and it carried over to her new phones and she never noticed it.
And only him could have enabled the ambush in the airport.
that doesn't make sense considering those guys are from a different firm representing prizer or something
The tasks are probably a way to access some missing information that only the siblings can recover.
That'll be too much work even for some kind of evil mastermind lmao
The situation of the siblings is pretty bad. They are isolated, their renewed relationtionship is still very frail, without any real ressources since George is controlling their funds. Mallory will be a key player since she has a big trump card with the power of the media.
If George had some kind of villainous plan or something we would've done it by now, if he wanted to fuck over jaye and the mc he could've done it as earlier as the mc's trouble in tunisia and palermo since he was basically knows every move the mc has done since he's the one managing his trust fund. But who knows tbh but as far as I can tell he seems to be their genuine family lawyer.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes