4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Blue Angel

Oct 10, 2017
Tana mentioned that the blocking was actually jaye's fault, she never unblocked the mc and it carried over to her new phones and she never noticed it.
Tara only said that changing phone wouldn't unblock the number and that's why it was possible that this lasted 5 years. But Jaye is 100% sure that she never blocked him to start with.

About the ambush at the airport. First, there's the presence of Christian. How did his uncle know his short and discreet relation with Jaye? George could have said him. And only George knew that Jaye will be there at this very moment.

If George isn't the mastermind, he should be pretty close to him anyway. We are talking about billions of dollars here. That's way enough to kill people or betray any best friend.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Tara only said that changing phone wouldn't unblock the number and that's why it was possible that this lasted 5 years. But Jaye is 100% sure that she never blocked him to start with.
The whole blocking thing cpuld be attributed to simple misunderstanding
About the ambush at the airport. First, there's the presence of Christian. How did his uncle know his short and discreet relation with Jaye? George could have said him. And only George knew that Jaye will be there at this very moment.
The Christian as a legal assistant in his uncle or whatever relative's firm being under prizer is just a way to bring back this douchebag as an antagonist instead of introducing another, saves time.

And also pretty much everyone knew what christian tried to do to jaye after the mc beat his ass at their graduation party if I remember it right so it wasn't a secret.

You're reading way too much into this old dude, if he really wanted the money so much he could've just gotten rid of the mc at palermo as a loose end and used jaye as a de jure figurehead instead of bringing them both back and give them a fighting chance at managing their parents' company together.

Reactions: Real Kreten

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Conspiracy theories have gone out of whack here... George is not a supervillain, he is, as shown by his actions so far, clearly a catalyst character.
Every good drama story needs one.

Blue Angel

Oct 10, 2017
You're reading way too much into this old dude
Well, maybe indeed. That's why I find this exciting. ^^ The big information that we are missing is what MC and his parents talked about when they met before their death. The fact that MC can't tell his sister is very intriguing. Of course it could be only about his feelings for his sister but what if it's something more? Yeah, my imagination can run wild. :LOL:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

If George isn't the mastermind, he should be pretty close to him anyway. We are talking about billions of dollars here. That's way enough to kill people or betray any best friend.
Actually, Jaye's two sentences are at odds with each other: first she says she has never blocked him, then she adds that she has changed several phones anyway.

if she was certain that she had not blocked him, whether or not she had changed phones would be irrelevant.

even if it had been George, he would eventually have done it at the behest of the parents of the two children, who could have done it themselves.

it is not a hypothesis that I would discard at all, because if they were aware of the tumultuous feelings between the two, wanting to hinder them or at least give them time to think about it better seems to me a credible reaction

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
Actually, Jaye's two sentences are at odds with each other: first she says she has never blocked him, then she adds that she has changed several phones anyway.

if she was certain that she had not blocked him, whether or not she had changed phones would be irrelevant.

even if it had been George, he would eventually have done it at the behest of the parents of the two children, who could have done it themselves.

it is not a hypothesis that I would discard at all, because if they were aware of the tumultuous feelings between the two, wanting to hinder them or at least give them time to think about it better seems to me a credible reaction
That doesn't really matter imo. She probably blocked the mc at some point, probably around the time when he left. She is quite impulsive so she most likely just forgot about it. Years later she wouldn't even try to call him, because why would she if the mc didn't even try to call her. Just Jaye stuff.

Blue Angel

Oct 10, 2017
Yes, indeed. The parents could have asked George to do this. But this means George knew that MC can't contact his sister anymore.

Or maybe the easiest answer is that at one moment Christian had access to Jaye's phone. And so he blocked MC to prevent communication (like asking his sister why she isn't at the match and if she's all right) and authorized the localization of her phone and so that's why he could know where she is.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That doesn't really matter imo. She probably blocked the mc at some point, probably around the time when he left. She is quite impulsive so she most likely just forgot about it. Years later she wouldn't even try to call him, because why would she if the mc didn't even try to call her. Just Jaye stuff.
that's possible,but it would be a very cheap solution to the problem.

Jaye assails Mc for never calling her when she was the one who blocked him and then simply forgot about it?

if not framed in a particular context (e.g. she thinks she's blocking him, tries to, but then in a fit of rage smashes the mobile phone, accidentally blocking him)

Yes, indeed. The parents could have asked George to do this. But this means George knew that MC can't contact his sister anymore.

Or maybe the easiest answer is that at one moment Christian had access to Jaye's phone. And so he blocked MC to prevent communication (like asking his sister why she isn't at the match and if she's all right) and authorized the localization of her phone and so that's why he could know where she is.
Christian would have neither the reason nor the opportunity to do so.

If it was okay with the parents that MC and Jaye didn't talk to each other, I don't see why it should be a problem for Georige.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Exactly! On a whim, she blocks the MC on her phone, not knowing that this blocking is done at the level of her operator and not on her phone. Then she changes phones and is convinced that these changes have disabled her blocking (as far as she remembers!). And we fall back into the pattern: if he doesn't call me, I don't call him, na! And the round ends when she announces the death of their parents. Porca miseria!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MV_1999 and Hermith

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly! On a whim, she blocks the MC on her phone, not knowing that this blocking is done at the level of her operator and not on her phone. Then she changes phones and is convinced that these changes have disabled her blocking (as far as she remembers!). And we fall back into the pattern: if he doesn't call me, I don't call him, na! And the round ends when she announces the death of their parents. Porca miseria!
considering that she has suffered a lot from this lack of communication, she really looks stupid in this way.

she blocks him, so she's OK with MC not being able to call her for a while, then changes phones (after when? a week? a month? a year?) and expects to be called back?

it doesn't even make sense to think she forgot... she waits every day for her brother to call and it doesn't occur to her that she blocked him? no doubt?

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Fantastic game. Sometimes I regret getting invested in a game in early development knowing that I'm now in it for the long haul (years) ... but this one seems worth it.

Gorgeous renders and characters. Best looking MC I've seen in any game, period. A long welcomed change from creepy pervs, shotas, and extra-chromosome MCs featured in so many other games.

Excellent complementary sound-track.

Very well written, though some inconsistency in the narration (this is supposed to be MC telling a story just prior to some kind of ending where girl(s) pick him up at the bar, but there are many scenes that go into detail well beyond what should be MC's knowledge).

Characters are a bit of mixed bag so far.
  • Mallory and Jaye are obviously the key LIs and most well developed, with generally likeable character traits and dialogue.
  • James and Sarah backstory was interesting, though I could have done without their camera-in-bedroom sex scene. If young MC had peaked in instead of Jaye, that would at least have had plot relevance.
  • Tara is not really a believable character at this point - objectified to an extreme.
  • Fiona, Linda, and the stewardess seemed unnecessary forced encounters (with the latter, the text indicating a willingness for more) - not sure they add much to the plot, and I would have much preferred the option to avoid cheating scenarios with married women (although, hypocritically, I also wanted an option to get with both Erica and Linda in the snowed in cabin especially if the blizzard lasted an extra day or two ...).
  • Christian is a punching bag villain. Clearly there is someone at Prizer Pharma (James and Sarah's former employer) involved with falsifying data for profit that is driving the main plot conflict. I've never been much invested in money-driven plots, so hopefully future chapters will add some intrigue around the Crucible project having to do with a fertilization drug side effect that causes schizophrenia, and Polygene's cure for Mallory.
Will eagerly await future installments!

Jun 10, 2020
Fantastic game. Sometimes I regret getting invested in a game in early development knowing that I'm now in it for the long haul (years) ... but this one seems worth it.

Gorgeous renders and characters. Best looking MC I've seen in any game, period. A long welcomed change from creepy pervs, shotas, and extra-chromosome MCs featured in so many other games.

Excellent complementary sound-track.

Very well written, though some inconsistency in the narration (this is supposed to be MC telling a story just prior to some kind of ending where girl(s) pick him up at the bar, but there are many scenes that go into detail well beyond what should be MC's knowledge).

Characters are a bit of mixed bag so far.
  • Mallory and Jaye are obviously the key LIs and most well developed, with generally likeable character traits and dialogue.
  • James and Sarah backstory was interesting, though I could have done without their camera-in-bedroom sex scene. If young MC had peaked in instead of Jaye, that would at least have had plot relevance.
  • Tara is not really a believable character at this point - objectified to an extreme.
  • Fiona, Linda, and the stewardess seemed unnecessary forced encounters (with the latter, the text indicating a willingness for more) - not sure they add much to the plot, and I would have much preferred the option to avoid cheating scenarios with married women (although, hypocritically, I also wanted an option to get with both Erica and Linda in the snowed in cabin especially if the blizzard lasted an extra day or two ...).
  • Christian is a punching bag villain. Clearly there is someone at Prizer Pharma (James and Sarah's former employer) involved with falsifying data for profit that is driving the main plot conflict. I've never been much invested in money-driven plots, so hopefully future chapters will add some intrigue around the Crucible project having to do with a fertilization drug side effect that causes schizophrenia, and Polygene's cure for Mallory.
Will eagerly await future installments!
Haha, about the flight attendant. She is a cameo from another AVN, The Adventurous Couple.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I had already noticed, in many VNs, identical sets and landscapes and very similar characters. No problem if it saves DEVs time on designing their stories.
Boils down to the number of 3D assets available. No devs could do everything from scratch, it would simply take too much time and money.
So they use premade assets that they then try to customize as much as they can (when they care, which Kent does).
Once in a while if we're lucky a dev will put some extra money to get some custom made assets, which will bring the game that much up on the quality scale. That's what Stoya and Kent are doing and that's why their game is already one of the best looking VN around (with Ocean's Summer's Gone and some others).

Reactions: MV_1999 and DA22

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
You have all noticed it, but no one is talking about it. The physical evolution of the characters is impressive. Kentyrr is a true artist. He knew how to keep the main features of the faces and the corpulences while making them evolve as they age, from their childhood to adulthood. It is these techniques that make it possible to make robot prepretations for searches of persons who have disappeared years after their disappearance. In addition, he plays with the emotions of the characters by working on the appearance of the eyes, eyebrows and the corners of the mouth. It's very impressive and I've only seen it in (too) rare VNs. I am stuck !!

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Possible issue:
When I tell Mallory 'great work' instead of 'you were snooping' the game still tells me I chastised Mallory for snooping in the end of chapter screen. What's up with that?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes