4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
That would be such an asshole move on the part of the parents, I can't for the life of me imagine any parents who would do that to their children. In my opinion, it would be tantamount to emotional rape. Apart from that, it wouldn't fit in at all with the way the parents of the two - so far - have been portrayed.

But I have to agree with you on one thing, that would be a really hard plot twist.
And it also doesn't make sense lmao

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The whole catalyst for the events of the game is the death of MC's and Jaye's parents, an accident. This raises the question is what would have happened if they had not died, and put the plans of the will into motion (the parents also seemed to have quite the foresight to prepare for such an eventuality).

Would the parents just ring up MC one day and say "hey, time for you to come home, we want you to learn how to run our multi-billion biotech company we didn't tell you we owned?" Seems unlikely.

So here is my theory: the parents faked their own death.

They have orchestrated all the events so far in order to test MC and Jaye. And I mean all events, they made sure that Mallory met up with MC, and made sure Christian was at the airport. They are watching from a distance, pulling all the strings and testing their children. At the end of the game they will reveal themselves and give the evaluation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
we didn't see the bodies, but I think Jaye did.

while I see a strong possibility of industrial intrigue behind their deaths, at the end of the day, the only bad guy is Prizer.

Reactions: DavDR and v1900

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That would be such an asshole move on the part of the parents, I can't for the life of me imagine any parents who would do that to their children. In my opinion, it would be tantamount to emotional rape. Apart from that, it wouldn't fit in at all with the way the parents of the two - so far - have been portrayed.

But I have to agree with you on one thing, that would be a really hard plot twist.
Well do not forget that due to plot armor and fact Jaye and MC needed that troubled childhood for the story, the parents in a way already come across as being pretty shitty parents at best instead as truly caring parents and loads of holes can be shot into their behavior at the moment without too much effort, with explanations like to busy with their careers to really care about their kids or gave up on them pretty easily until after they died and even there the question is what their intention is. Looking for best to take over their empire or to bring them together.

Leaving one to feel so bad about situation in the end he left for five years and possibly longer and only returned cause he had to after their death. Would it really be beyond such parents to pull a move like that?

I think devs made a smart move by having parents die, so that all will become no issue and can be easily glossed over so you keep them reasonably sympathetic in game and even them be shitty parents makes you feel more for Jaye and MC as it is a problem since those parents are not around or a factor in the continuation of relation of Jaye and MC unless the parents will set them against each other with will conditions and things set up to find out who will be the better heir.

Last edited:
Reactions: v1900

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
So here is my theory: the parents faked their own death.
It seems difficult to me to achieve in a foreign country (in Scotland). It involves the cooperation of too many people: the Scottish police, funeral directors, beer-making, transporting bodies, etc. I am convinced of the guilt of the vaccine manufacturer competitor of Polygene. I said !

Reactions: DavDR and v1900

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
It seems difficult to me to achieve in a foreign country (in Scotland). It involves the cooperation of too many people: the Scottish police, funeral directors, beer-making, transporting bodies, etc. I am convinced of the guilt of the vaccine manufacturer competitor of Polygene. I said !
They're multi-billionaires. Money can't buy everything, but it probably can buy faking your own death.

Also Polygene is the parent's company, Pfizer Prizer is the competitor ;)

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
who knows when the 3rd part will be made in Russian ?
PrettyWolfy has been on top of the Russian translations I think.

One of the devs mentioned in Discord yesterday that they've unfollowed this thread for now, so I don't think we can expect any more comments from them for a while, but I'm pretty sure they said any translations from English will be fan-made.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well do not forget that due to plot armor and fact Jaye and MC needed that troubled childhood for the story, the parents in a way already come across as being pretty shitty parents at best instead as truly caring parents and loads of holes can be shot into their behavior at the moment without too much effort, with explanations like to busy with their careers to really care about their kids or gave up on them pretty easily until after they died and even there the question is what their intention is. Looking for best to take over their empire or to bring them together.

Leaving one to feel so bad about situation in the end he left for five years and possibly longer and only returned cause he had to after their death. Would it really be beyond such parents to pull a move like that?

I think devs made a smart move by having parents die, so that all will become no issue and can be easily glossed over so you keep them reasonably sympathetic in game and even them be shitty parents makes you feel more for Jaye and MC as it is a problem since those parents are not around or a factor in the continuation of relation of Jaye and MC unless the parents will set them against each other with will conditions and things set up to find out who will be the better heir.
they are actually portrayed quite well as parents, in every flashback they are always understanding and present.

During the 5 years of Mc's wandering we know that they were in contact with him, plus we also know about a mysterious meeting.

the only shadow on their behaviour is why they didn't talk to Jaye about the reason why MC stopped accompanying her, but also in this case it's not impossible to find a "reasonable" motivation

making them die is a great classic of storytelling, almost all the heroes are orphans, the parents become only a problem to be managed

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
they are actually portrayed quite well as parents, in every flashback they are always understanding and present.

During the 5 years of Mc's wandering we know that they were in contact with him, plus we also know about a mysterious meeting.

the only shadow on their behaviour is why they didn't talk to Jaye about the reason why MC stopped accompanying her, but also in this case it's not impossible to find a "reasonable" motivation

making them die is a great classic of storytelling, almost all the heroes are orphans, the parents become only a problem to be managed
Just remember there is a difference between good parents and loving parents. (It is a bit the same with Jaye and Mc, they might both be loving and care about each other. That makes their relation not a good one though to put it mildly as is :p).Overly possessive parents for example are also loving parents, not good ones though. Yeah from the outside they look like pretty decent parents, if see how much they let slip under their watch though as those kids protectors which is needed for the story well you can start asking questions.

Also keep in mind running an empire takes a load of time and dedication and people who are good at it are most of time not always only simply nice people, they do need to be able to be ruthless when needed. Well I think it is a bit more as just not talking to Jaye and MC way earlier as bad as they let that situation deteriorate over years, so one of them basically ran away.

With that I do not say they were per se bad people or had bad intentions, just that they were no great success as parents for whatever reason and if that reason was that they put their work and empire they built above themselves and their kids, well then all bets are off for what they intended with the will or whether they might have faked their own death even. George does give off some vibes in that direction.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just remember there is a difference between good parents and loving parents. (It is a bit the same with Jaye and Mc, they might both be loving and care about each other. That makes their relation not a good one though to put it mildly as is :p).Overly possessive parents for example are also loving parents, not good ones though.

Also keep in mind running an empire takes a load of time and dedication and people who are good at it are most of time not always only simply nice people, they do need to be able to be ruthless when needed. Well I think it is a bit more as just not talking to Jaye and MC way earlier as bad as they let that situation deteriorate over years, so one of them basically ran away.

With that I do not say they were per se bad people or had bad intentions, just that they were no great success as parents for whatever reason and if that reason was that they put their work and empire they built above themselves and their kids, well then all bets are off for what they intended with the will. George does give off some vibes in that direction.
as a general rule, you would be right, but what we are told is not so.

the two meet just as David is planning to give up his job to spend more time with his daughter, and this idea also breaks her heart.

then somehow they continue to succeed financially, but we are not shown that this is at the expense of the children

David is practically only told every good thing by everyone, on every occasion, Sarah is shown less, but neither of the two children ever complains about his absence.

the question of the inheritance we still have to see how it will develop but for now it seems that they have taken the opportunity to force the two to overcome their past problems (which perhaps in part they have also created, but we will see)

Rammstein1

Aug 26, 2019

the two meet just as David is planning to give up his job to spend more time with his daughter, and this idea also breaks her heart.

then somehow they continue to succeed financially, but we are not shown that this is at the expense of the children

David is practically only told every good thing by everyone, on every occasion, Sarah is shown less, but neither of the two children ever complains about his absence.

the question of the inheritance we still have to see how it will develop but for now it seems that they have taken the opportunity to force the two to overcome their past problems (which perhaps in part they have also created, but we will see)
A little correction to your post David is the Israeli soldier Alex meets in South America, the father's name is James

Reactions: felicemastronzo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

We are not told either they really spend a lot of time with the kids and we can see the consequences of their parenting. :p Remember though that my original point was actually that parents dieing and not being a part of the rest of the story was a smart move from devs, since it allowed them to gloss over fact parents did not do a good job and still keep them sympathetic which was needed for story reasons, since Jay and MC needed to have bad relation.

Just as that they did a great job with garnering sympathy for Jaye by having her almost raped by Rapeboy that day of the match, while actually she pulled a complete shitty move against Mc that day and turn part of that blame to MC to keep things more dubious.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
We are not told either they really spend a lot of time with the kids and we can see the consequences of their parenting. :p Remember though that my original point was actually that parents dieing and not being a part of the rest of the story was a smart move from devs, since it allowed them to gloss over fact parents did not do a good job and still keep them sympathetic which was needed for story reasons, since Jay and MC needed to have bad relation.

Just as that they did a great job with garnering sympathy for Jaye by having her almost raped by Rapeboy that day of the match, while actually she pulled a complete shitty move against Mc that day and turn part of that blame to MC to keep things more dubious.
MC and Jaye see their parent as good parent. Game shows us some example, when they instal moral integrity to their children to show as that they were good parents.

And still you make several long posts about how bad parents they were, because:
1. They struggled with time as single parents. Yea, because being single parents is obviously easy task.
2. They didn’t address issues between their children in best way, because understanding of children mind is easy task.
3. Make their children get along against their wish should be easy task as well.
4. All this to support twisted idea of fake death to mess with their children.

Who will be next? Hank the wolf are bad wolf?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
MC and Jaye see their parent as good parent. Game shows us some example, when they instal moral integrity to their children to show as that they were good parents.

And still you make several long posts about how bad parents they were, because:
1. They struggled with time as single parents. Yea, because being single parents is obviously easy task.
2. They didn’t address issues between their children in best way, because understanding of children mind is easy task.
3. Make their children get along against their wish should be easy task as well.
4. All this to support twisted idea of fake death to mess with their children.

Who will be next? Hank the wolf are bad wolf?
No one said being a parent is easy. :p Results counts though and just trying hard is not always enough, especially if things get out of hand as it does here and you do not get the idea they tried hard or even recognized there was a problem early on which is telling in itself. Thing is a father that loves his daughter, hugs her in morning, goes to work and concentrates life on that, but misses out on 90% of her life and does not help them with their problems when young. Might well be a loving father, but not a good one.

Even if he feels he is since he provides for her material needs and loves her. Kids need more and deserve more, whether you are a single parent or not, rich or not or instilled some of your values which could be a good or bad thing depending on your values. Nor is the fact that the kids see them as great parents an indication, you know they know no better after having been raised by them, 99% of abused kids also see their live as normal and no I am not saying or suggesting these parents were abusive just to show that the feelings of kids about their parents tend to be clouded and subjective to fact they grew up that way.

The point though is that writers needed Jaye and MC to be as they are and as such it was smart to make the parents disappear in later part of story, so game could stay away from and gloss over quite easily those complications of actions or inactions of parents earlier.

Last edited:

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Might well be a loving father, but not a good one.
That is true. I was a very bad father, not that I did not love my children (2 boys and a girl) but I did not devote the necessary time to them during their childhood and during their adolescence. Often absent, for long periods. My wife has done her best but the absence of the father causes an emotional imbalance. On the other hand, I am a very good grandfather. Everything I missed as a father I have as a grandfather with my grandchildren.

Reactions: v1900 and DA22

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
No one said being a parent is easy. :p Results counts though and just trying hard is not always enough, especially if things get out of hand as it does here and you do not get the idea they tried hard or even recognized there was a problem early on which is telling in itself. Thing is a father that loves his daughter, hugs her in morning, goes to work and concentrates life on that, but misses out on 90% of her life and does not help them with their problems when young. Might well be a loving father, but not a good one.

Even if he feels he is since he provides for her material needs and loves her. Kids need more and deserve more, whether you are a single parent or not, rich or not or instilled some of your values which could be a good or bad thing depending on your values. Nor is the fact that the kids see them as great parents an indication, you know they know no better after having been raised by them, 99% of abused kids also see their live as normal and no I am not saying or suggesting these parents were abusive just to show that the feelings of kids about their parents tend to be clouded and subjective to fact they grew up that way.

The point though is that writers needed Jaye and MC to be as they are and as such it was smart to make the parents disappear in later part of story, so game could stay away from and gloss over quite easily those complications of actions or inactions of parents earlier.
My Father was a steel plant worker, and always worked two or three jobs at a time to provide for us kids. Yeah he wasn't always there, sometimes not even for important moments, but I know he tried to be. He didn't hover over us like a helicopter, or smooth our path to the point that we couldn't even get past a pebble without tripping. He taught us how to solve are our own problems. Don't ever tell me that my Father was a bad Father.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes