• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
it's all a bit forced for dramatic effect, but Jaye doesn't call because she's waiting to be called (then she blocked the number and that's it) and since she doesn't get called she decides not to call (until the mourning)

in the example you give about absence at important moments in both their lives, Jaye's is a joke about a fairly obvious extravagance, MC's counterpart would have been joking about the day Jaye was almost raped... it seems to me to be a reaction a little out of proportion

also the question of the diary doesn't have the same weight, it's true that it's the same gesture, but done to a teenager and to an adult they have a different weight, then MC wanted to know something that she didn't want him to know, Jaye only anticipates the times in discovering something that either Mc or Tara would have told her anyway

then absolutely everything that happens after the exchange of questions is in any case justified, from that moment they know they love each other, on what level we will see

all this does not remove my doubts on the question of the test with Christian, unplanned, so to speak of manipulation is exaggerated, but intentional
Well about the reaction to day she was almost raped, true that simple fact would make it kinda asshole move to answer with that, though factually it is a true statement from pov of MC or he could have answered, well I did not want to bring someone that tried to rape me and that you hated to your big party which is exactly what she did right after at his graduation party :p. Thing is though that fallen indeed does have a point when he lists it as a total. I said it myself as well before even if many of their actions are understandable from their pov and experience. Jaye does have the habit of being to attacking, placing blame and not taking responsibility or take into account how MC might have reacted to/felt about her decisions/tests and her role she played in his actions and blindly does the same years later.

Now I asked devs to throw us a bone with Jaye in last update and they did to an extent. Enough that for me I am able to explore a possible relation with Jaye. Is she still flawed as hell though especially in her relations and actions with regard to MC for sure (with that I do not say MC is perfect or acted perfectly either and did not hurt her as well with his actions).

Edit: Now if MC had been honest when she asked him about why he was not there at her graduation party he would have told her that the reason he was not there, never called or contacted their parents was that he just was not able anymore to live with her after all that happened and was unable to handle his own pain especially cause he did care for her and therefore decided it would be best to have as much distance between them as possible, That that was likely best for for both of them, but for sure for him, since he saw no path to making their relation better again after what happened at party and he was not willing to continue to live under the shadow of that and all that had gone before. Likely too early in story though. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: v1900

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
The single biggest issue that I have with Jaye is the fact that she is the writer's pet. Any time a game has multiple romance options, and then pushes one of them much harder than all of the others, I'm almost certainly going to resent them for it. The harder the game pushes her on me, the more annoyed I get. And the more annoyed I am with her, the more noticeable her faults become.

When I played The Witcher 3, I didn't like Yennifer or Triss. But I didn't hate them, because we were allowed to choose to not be in love with them (after a while at least). I was 110% done with Yennifer after she threw Geralt into a lake via a portal (which he notoriously hates), but I still didn't hate her after that, because the game was allowing me to push back against Yennifer (which was the trigger for her to lose her temper and teleport Geralt away). As for Triss, I mostly just resented her because I had chosen Shani over Triss, and the second game didn't give a damn about that. I also thought that it was wrong for Triss to take advantage of Geralt's memory loss, but I still didn't hate her in the third game because we were allowed to distance ourselves from her in a very reasonable manner. We don't get that here in this game.

Here, we are either bitterly angry with Jaye or fawning over her with constant reassurances that she shouldn't blame herself for anything. There's very little middle ground here, and the game heavily pushes you towards Jaye. I'd be happy with them being cordial or professional, but I have zero romantic or sexual interest in her at this point.

I understand that kids are stupid and do stupid things for stupid reasons, so I don't have a problem with forgiving her for the stuff she did as a kid. Or at least I wouldn't if not for the fact that, even after five years apart, Jaye is still pulling the same old childish bullshit she always has. The small things she does are made extra annoying because we aren't allowed to challenge her on them at any point in time. One example is the locked phone fiasco.

I wanted the choice to have the main character ask Jaye why didn't she call him if she wanted to talk instead of keeping her phone under her pillow and getting increasingly angry at him for not calling her. Just to see if she understands that she has a bad habit of creating drama out of nothing. But we can't do stuff like that, which makes it seem like testing Jaye is off limits, and that irks me because she's very clearly testing him when she asks if he ever had sex with Tara. Since the game has double standards when dealing with the two, it makes their potential relationship look unfair and unhealthy.

Another example is when Jaye makes a joke about the main character reading her diary as a child. The main character takes it in stride and laughs at it, but we aren't allowed to do the same thing to Jaye. We had the perfect set up when they were talking about how Jaye was hurt that he wasn't there for her graduation. When she jokingly says "I'd have been super pissed if you were at a free concert in Mongolia", the main character should've responded with "Or missing your big day to sneak off on a date with someone?". But nope. Can't do that. That would be mean because it's poking fun of Jaye and that's not allowed. Only she can poke fun of him, not the other way around.

Likewise, we are supposed to run everything past Jaye to get her approval (like agreeing to meet with Mallory) but she doesn't have to clear things with us (like inviting Christian on board). These are all very small things on their own, but they keep adding up as the game goes on. And then we get the biggest event of the recent update, her secretly reading his journal.

Jaye knows exactly how big of an invasion of privacy this is, not only because he just told her not to do it, but because it happened to her as a child. But she does it anyways, which shows that she doesn't respect the main character enough to care about his privacy or his wants. She's supposed to be reconciling with her estranged brother, not repeating the same mistakes they made ten years ago. And she knows this. She even told her brother that "We won't get anywhere if all we do is pick at old wounds", yet she just can't control herself. She's still acting like a child, even though she's an adult who is supposed to be getting ready to take over a multi billion dollar company in the middle of a huge lawsuit.

So at this point I'm 110% done with Jaye. That was her portal to a lake moment, and I'm in need of a genie to grant me freedom from this maladjusted witch.
TL;DR after "Writer's Pet." Having spent a significant amount of time on the actual writer's Discord, I can say with confidence that if Stoya has a "pet", it's Mallory or Amanda. This would seem to be reinforced by the fact that he uses Mallory in his sig.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
TL;DR after "Writer's Pet." Having spent a significant amount of time on the actual writer's Discord, I can say with confidence that if Stoya has a "pet", it's Mallory or Amanda. This would seem to be reinforced by the fact that he uses Mallory in his sig.
We love all our kids the same. Anything else might get us throatpunched. (You're right though...Amanda is my personal fave.)

I will say Mallory is tied as closely (if not more so) to the main plot as Jaye, and hasn't even begun to stretch her legs yet.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
it's all a bit forced for dramatic effect, but Jaye doesn't call because she's waiting to be called (then she blocked the number and that's it) and since she doesn't get called she decides not to call (until the mourning)
It can take a long time, everyone waiting to be called to call in turn. In our case, the MC is blocked on Jaye's phone. Who operated this blockage? Jaye says she never did that. So who ? Tara? What purpose ? She tells the MC that their fuck is over. So ? I give my tongue to the cat!

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
I will say Mallory is tied as closely (if not more so) to the main plot as Jaye, and hasn't even begun to stretch her legs yet.
Mallory seems to me the most mysterious of all the females in history (maybe with Sarah!). She had a painful and dramatic childhood which surely deeply traumatized her (death of her mother, suicide of her father). She is in a professional relationship with George. She talks cryptic over the phone in her cabin on the boat. Anyway, I can't figure it out. But let's see what the DEVs have in store for us about his fate ...

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
My last playthrough is a while back so i may be wrong, but afar wasn't it made clear that either Jaye or Alex would run the company, not both together??
I think there's an option to run it together, at least this seems to be what Jaye wants if she trusts Alex. At least that's what trust level summary text suggests:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It probably involves not being an ass in general and asking Jaye's opinion even about smaller stuff that in some way involves the company.
In fact the ability to work together and help each other may be the real test that both must pass.

Dec 29, 2018
in the example you give about absence at important moments in both their lives, Jaye's is a joke about a fairly obvious extravagance, MC's counterpart would have been joking about the day Jaye was almost raped... it seems to me to be a reaction a little out of proportion
On the day of Jaye's graduation ceremony, the main character was mourning the loss of his best friend who died in his arms after saving the main character's life. If it's okay for Jaye to make a joke about him missing her big day, I really don't think that it would be out of line for him to do the same to her. He isn't joking about her having to fight off Christian, but rather her missing his big game for a frivolous reason.

Again, on it's own it's not a big deal and totally negligible. But when it's part of a larger pattern, it's problematic because it is yet another example of Jaye's double standards. She ditched the MC's big game to be with her skeezy loser boyfriend, yet she was still mad when the MC didn't show up to her big day. She should have the self-awareness to and empathy to understand that how she felt on her big day was how she made him feel on his big day. But she doesn't seem make that connection, which makes her look self-absorbed, and we should be allowed to point that out to her somehow.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I think there's an option to run it together, at least this seems to be what Jaye wants if she trusts Alex. At least that's what trust level summary text suggests:

It probably involves not being an ass in general and asking Jaye's opinion even about smaller stuff that in some way involves the company.
In fact the ability to work together and help each other may be the real test that both must pass.
I very much hope that this possibility exists. In my last playthrough I only missed the one trustpoint I could have got in the conversation hub. And it was precisely there that Geroge told me that one or the other would take over the company management. Anyway, I think I'll start another playthrough just because it was so nice and I can do it :D

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
On the day of Jaye's graduation ceremony, the main character was mourning the loss of his best friend who died in his arms after saving the main character's life. If it's okay for Jaye to make a joke about him missing her big day, I really don't think that it would be out of line for him to do the same to her. He isn't joking about her having to fight off Christian, but rather her missing his big game for a frivolous reason.

Again, on it's own it's not a big deal and totally negligible. But when it's part of a larger pattern, it's problematic because it is yet another example of Jaye's double standards. She ditched the MC's big game to be with her skeezy loser boyfriend, yet she was still mad when the MC didn't show up to her big day. She should have the self-awareness to and empathy to understand that how she felt on her big day was how she made him feel on his big day. But she doesn't seem make that connection, which makes her look self-absorbed, and we should be allowed to point that out to her somehow.
I try to explain myself better

MC explains that he didn't go to Jaye's graduation because his friend David died, Jaye to play it down says that he feared it was for the concert in Mongolia. it may be a bit of a rough joke, but in any case the intention is to play it down.

if Mc had answered that question it would have had the opposite effect, making an already tense situation even more dramatic.

when you speak in a tense situation it happens that you say things that you later regret, but between the two options I would say that it went well so
It can take a long time, everyone waiting to be called to call in turn. In our case, the MC is blocked on Jaye's phone. Who operated this blockage? Jaye says she never did that. So who ? Tara? What purpose ? She tells the MC that their fuck is over. So ? I give my tongue to the cat!
I see two explanations, Jaye blocked him on the wave of anger, but she does not want to admit it in front of MC (in fact she talks about having changed phone, maybe the first one she could also have broken out of anger)

or his parents blocked him... It's a bit extreme as a theory, but it makes sense...

the parents love both of them, but it seems credible to me that they didn't see a good relationship between the two of them. this would also explain why they didn't explain to Jaye the reason why MC stopped taking her to school (really, really strange), they must have thought that a little distance between the two of them would have helped. but then they surely noticed how the tension between the two of them instead of decreasing continued to increase and also for this reason they accepted with good heart MC's sabbatical.

maybe when we will find out in which occasion Mc has seen them again it will clarify this matter

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
the parents love both of them, but it seems credible to me that they didn't see a good relationship between the two of them. this would also explain why they didn't explain to Jaye the reason why MC stopped taking her to school (really, really strange), they must have thought that a little distance between the two of them would have helped. but then they surely noticed how the tension between the two of them instead of decreasing continued to increase and also for this reason they accepted with good heart MC's sabbatical.
Indeed, it seems plausible. Parents are neither blind nor foolish. The MC's reaction to Motherfucker must have convinced them definitively.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The single biggest issue that I have with Jaye is the fact that she is the writer's pet. Any time a game has multiple romance options, and then pushes one of them much harder than all of the others, I'm almost certainly going to resent them for it. The harder the game pushes her on me, the more annoyed I get. And the more annoyed I am with her, the more noticeable her faults become.

When I played The Witcher 3, I didn't like Yennifer or Triss. But I didn't hate them, because we were allowed to choose to not be in love with them (after a while at least). I was 110% done with Yennifer after she threw Geralt into a lake via a portal (which he notoriously hates), but I still didn't hate her after that, because the game was allowing me to push back against Yennifer (which was the trigger for her to lose her temper and teleport Geralt away). As for Triss, I mostly just resented her because I had chosen Shani over Triss, and the second game didn't give a damn about that. I also thought that it was wrong for Triss to take advantage of Geralt's memory loss, but I still didn't hate her in the third game because we were allowed to distance ourselves from her in a very reasonable manner. We don't get that here in this game.

Here, we are either bitterly angry with Jaye or fawning over her with constant reassurances that she shouldn't blame herself for anything. There's very little middle ground here, and the game heavily pushes you towards Jaye. I'd be happy with them being cordial or professional, but I have zero romantic or sexual interest in her at this point.

I understand that kids are stupid and do stupid things for stupid reasons, so I don't have a problem with forgiving her for the stuff she did as a kid. Or at least I wouldn't if not for the fact that, even after five years apart, Jaye is still pulling the same old childish bullshit she always has. The small things she does are made extra annoying because we aren't allowed to challenge her on them at any point in time. One example is the locked phone fiasco.

I wanted the choice to have the main character ask Jaye why didn't she call him if she wanted to talk instead of keeping her phone under her pillow and getting increasingly angry at him for not calling her. Just to see if she understands that she has a bad habit of creating drama out of nothing. But we can't do stuff like that, which makes it seem like testing Jaye is off limits, and that irks me because she's very clearly testing him when she asks if he ever had sex with Tara. Since the game has double standards when dealing with the two, it makes their potential relationship look unfair and unhealthy.

Another example is when Jaye makes a joke about the main character reading her diary as a child. The main character takes it in stride and laughs at it, but we aren't allowed to do the same thing to Jaye. We had the perfect set up when they were talking about how Jaye was hurt that he wasn't there for her graduation. When she jokingly says "I'd have been super pissed if you were at a free concert in Mongolia", the main character should've responded with "Or missing your big day to sneak off on a date with someone?". But nope. Can't do that. That would be mean because it's poking fun of Jaye and that's not allowed. Only she can poke fun of him, not the other way around.

Likewise, we are supposed to run everything past Jaye to get her approval (like agreeing to meet with Mallory) but she doesn't have to clear things with us (like inviting Christian on board). These are all very small things on their own, but they keep adding up as the game goes on. And then we get the biggest event of the recent update, her secretly reading his journal.

Jaye knows exactly how big of an invasion of privacy this is, not only because he just told her not to do it, but because it happened to her as a child. But she does it anyways, which shows that she doesn't respect the main character enough to care about his privacy or his wants. She's supposed to be reconciling with her estranged brother, not repeating the same mistakes they made ten years ago. And she knows this. She even told her brother that "We won't get anywhere if all we do is pick at old wounds", yet she just can't control herself. She's still acting like a child, even though she's an adult who is supposed to be getting ready to take over a multi billion dollar company in the middle of a huge lawsuit.

So at this point I'm 110% done with Jaye. That was her portal to a lake moment, and I'm in need of a genie to grant me freedom from this maladjusted witch.
I can sympathize with someone not liking being forced to associate with a character that they don't like, believe me I'm somewhat notorious for that on another thread in this forum. I don't think it applies to this game though. Jaye isn't just a love interest for Alex. Even though they're not really related they are brother and sister and their fates are bound together through not only their heritage but also their inheritance.

I'm only doing one playthru of this game. I'm not planning on using any walkthroughs or guides to do so. I don't think I'm going to pursue Jaye as an LI (if it's possible I may not pursue any LI), but I am doing everything I can to bring Alex and Jaye into a family, because they both need each other. They are the only family that they've got.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

St1ffme1ster

Feb 18, 2021
In the summary of c2. Clicking Jaye appears this "Jaye is afraid of what her reignited atracttion means".
What is the meaning of this phrase ?

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
The whole catalyst for the events of the game is the death of MC's and Jaye's parents, an accident. This raises the question is what would have happened if they had not died, and put the plans of the will into motion (the parents also seemed to have quite the foresight to prepare for such an eventuality).

Would the parents just ring up MC one day and say "hey, time for you to come home, we want you to learn how to run our multi-billion biotech company we didn't tell you we owned?" Seems unlikely.

So here is my theory: the parents faked their own death.

They have orchestrated all the events so far in order to test MC and Jaye. And I mean all events, they made sure that Mallory met up with MC, and made sure Christian was at the airport. They are watching from a distance, pulling all the strings and testing their children. At the end of the game they will reveal themselves and give the evaluation.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
The whole catalyst for the events of the game is the death of MC's and Jaye's parents, an accident. This raises the question is what would have happened if they had not died, and put the plans of the will into motion (the parents also seemed to have quite the foresight to prepare for such an eventuality).

Would the parents just ring up MC one day and say "hey, time for you to come home, we want you to learn how to run our multi-billion biotech company we didn't tell you we owned?" Seems unlikely.

They have orchestrated all the events so far in order to test MC and Jaye. And I mean all events, they made sure that Mallory met up with MC, and made sure Christian was at the airport. They are watching from a distance, pulling all the strings and testing their children. At the end of the game they will reveal themselves and give the evaluation.

Nah Pfizer I mean Prizer killed them. :coffee:

• Wow
Reactions: Ariostebaldo

BestSumy

May 22, 2021
I did a Harem mod for this one by request, you don't have to mess with cheats, I've coded everything you need in the script file so you can just play. This mod attempts to show every lewd scene and positive outcome in the game.

Updated: v0.3

Install: Extract to game folder, overwrite if prompted.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
Hey mate it is really helpful but I wonder if it is possible to unlock all images and achievements? There is still two images and several achievements locked

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Speaking of wild theories. I have one that explains Mallory's heterochromia and MC's mom fake drug sold by Prizer.
They sell a drug for fertility but it does not work so no ova/egg cell produced. So they need to obtain a truck load of egg cells for invitro fertilization. My theory is that they used drugs from the competition and paid young women to produce that truck load of egg cells but it is not economically feasible. The solution is to use every egg cell available.

Normally a woman produces three kinds of egg cells, normal (euploid), abnormal (aneuploid) or a mixed one (mosaic). As the woman gets older or if she has fertility problems the aneuploid cells (not viable) and mosaic (viable but with caveats) tend to outnumber the euploid (viable and healthy). So the strategy for fertility drugs is to over produce egg cells in hopes of increasing the availability of good egg cells. All the egg cells are fertilized and analyzed to select only the euploid embryos. My theory is that Prizer said fuck it, we will use every egg cell even the mosaic ones to be able to turn a profit (because they are buying from the competition). This way they can get higher percent of insemination success because they do not care if the embryo is euploid or mosaic. Just as a side note, it has been a decade in real life since the medical community started implanting mosaic embryos as a last resort so it is well after the fictitious drug.

My theory is that Mallory is the result of an invitro fertilized mosaic embryo. Heterochromia being one of the possible results of genetic mosaicism and project Crucible was an attempt to minimize the risks of using mosaic egg cells. Thus she is a failure of the project.

Jaye is also the result of Prizer's shady dealings. That could also explain why we have a redhead with Native American skin tone. :ROFLMAO: (this last bit is a joke in case some users get offended)

Last edited:

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Speaking of wild theories. I have one that explains Mallory's heterochromia and MC's mom fake drug sold by Prizer.
They sell a drug for fertility but it does not work so no ova/egg cell produced. So they need to obtain a truck load of egg cells for invitro fertilization. My theory is that they used drugs from the competition and paid young women to produce that truck load of egg cells but it is not economically feasible. The solution is to use every egg cell available.
But that's a not-so-smoky theory. I would even say that it holds up. Are DEVs top-flight geneticists? It also helps to explain a lot of things (perhaps in an even smokier way). Bro, give me some time to revise my biology lessons and come up with a far-fetched theory.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
[...]
[...]
That would be such an asshole move on the part of the parents, I can't for the life of me imagine any parents who would do that to their children. In my opinion, it would be tantamount to emotional rape. Apart from that, it wouldn't fit in at all with the way the parents of the two - so far - have been portrayed.

But I have to agree with you on one thing, that would be a really hard plot twist.

• Haha
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes