4.60 star(s) 303 Votes

Invility

Oct 10, 2018
This is actually our largest chapter by a fair margin, depending on how it's played. That said, you can skip a ton of content based on choices, and make it feel shorter than it is. There's actually an achievement "Rocket Man" for getting through the chapter skipping as much as possible.
I didn't get the achievement so I didn't skip enough, so most likely a lot of the content I missed is related to Mal due to the love level being too low (I don't have Night Visit when it comes to scenes, Scene of the Crime and References when it comes to images). I was going to wait with a separate save dedicated to Mallory but now I'm tempted to make one right now :p

While I won't spoil future plot beats, Lisa and Amanda were not just introduced as eye-candy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
I didn't get the achievement so I didn't skip enough, so most likely a lot of the content I missed is related to Mal due to the love level being too low (I don't have Night Visit when it comes to scenes, Scene of the Crime and References when it comes to images). I was going to wait with a separate save dedicated to Mallory but now I'm tempted to make one right now :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know it wasn't your intent, but I do feel a little bad when I see stuff like this. I should have kept points hidden because they do more to guide conversation and disposition toward the MC than to really influence choices, with a few exceptions. (For example, at maximum trust, you can't choose to keep Mallory's access low in Ch3.)

In general, building love and trust with either or both of the ladies isn't a bad thing, and the consequences for behavior will be more choice based. Meaning, if you do something underhanded, mean, or dishonest, characters will respond in kind.

That said, I also totally understand people wanting to stay utterly faithful to the idea of one of the main LI's even if there are no consequences for failing to do so, I would just hate to see people steering clear of huge chunks of content because they're afraid they're going to get burned.

Hopefully I put enough warning signs in when somebody's fucking up a relationship. This was never going to be a "gotcha" game where if you make small mistakes or don't have a perfect score, you won't get the ending you want.

Mar 18, 2019
Interesting to hear this is one of the largest updates as it was by far the shortest for me. Took me somewhat less than 40 minutes without skipping, while the others usually took well over an hour,.

I always fall into a trap of liking side characters more than the main cast, but in this one I actually like them. I don't like the married women fooling around stuff, so I'm guessing that is where I am missing most of the content.

Tara is the most interesting one by far to me, so I hope we see more of her in the story at some point.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
and sophie?
Sophie is a tribute to a fellow developer, "The Naughty Captain," the creator of Summer Scent. His wife plays Chasing Sunsets, and was the one who proposed the idea of allowing MC and Jaye to team up in tossing Christian off the yacht in Chapter 2. As a thank you, I included her as a character in Chasing Sunsets, and she'll be more than a cameo.

That said, given that she's the alter-ego of a real-life friend, she will likely remain unmolested by you lot. :ROFLMAO:

Invility

Oct 10, 2018
I know it wasn't your intent, but I do feel a little bad when I see stuff like this. I should have kept points hidden because they do more to guide conversation and disposition toward the MC than to really influence choices, with a few exceptions. (For example, at maximum trust, you can't choose to keep Mallory's access low in Ch3.)

In general, building love and trust with either or both of the ladies isn't a bad thing, and the consequences for behavior will be more choice based. Meaning, if you do something underhanded, mean, or dishonest, characters will respond in kind.

That said, I also totally understand people wanting to stay utterly faithful to the idea of one of the main LI's even if there are no consequences for failing to do so, I would just hate to see people steering clear of huge chunks of content because they're afraid they're going to get burned.

Hopefully I put enough warning signs in when somebody's fucking up a relationship. This was never going to be a "gotcha" game where if you make small mistakes or don't have a perfect score, you won't get the ending you want.
I don't think you should feel bad about it or change anything in terms of the transparency of the points you get. I prefer to see what and how much I get. It makes it better to focus on the game itself.

I always play games like this and pick some LI at the beginning and focus on her, so I'm already used to the fact that I usually miss a lot of content on the first playthrough and it's something natural for me. That's why I preferred to ask about the actual length of the latest chapter instead of jumping to conclusions right away. Most of the games on this site that I've played have some sort of point system, and out of habit I try to be careful not to push certain stats too high or keep them too low and avoid possible negative consequences in future updates, so it's not a matter of how your game is designed.

I'm glad to see that points are more cosmetic or affect some smaller decisions rather than something that defines relationships with characters. Building relationships or getting to certain stages of the game feels more natural if it's based on decisions rather than getting a certain amount of x's and y's.

So far it's pretty clear what decisions we have to make in order not to fuck up our relationship with a character, so you don't have to worry about that. It is good that the game doesn't go in a direction where some minor decisions can completely fuck up hours of gameplay or having 49 points instead of 50 makes it impossible to unlock a scene with a particular LI. It's because of games like this I now always use mods or walkthroughs to make sure that because of a moronic design, I haven't lost hours of time...

Reactions: MV_1999 and Bay7

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
"Suicide Blonde" is the name of a hair color, that's all. Plus it was a song by the group INXS.
Didn't hear name of a hair colour as "suicide blonde" anywhere, but if it's the name of some song then it's cool. I was just thinking of any hidden agenda in there which may bite my ass going forward in relation with Jaye if you agreed for help from blondie.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Didn't hear name of a hair colour as "suicide blonde" anywhere, but if it's the name of some song then it's cool. I was just thinking of any hidden agenda in there which may bite my ass going forward in relation with Jaye if you agreed for help from blondie.
Its more of a term for people who constantly bleach their hair to keep it blonde like how Tara's hair looks. I am pretty sure its just to confirm your choice to have Tara help you get closer to Jaye and has no hidden meaning to the story at all.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
I was so happy to get home last night and see the update. After reading some of your earlier comments I feel like I dont need to keep 2 different saves for each LI and can just play and help both of them.

Sidenote, I dont know if its just me and maybe its planned to flesh it out more in flashbacks, But I still feel like we are missing backstory on why the MC and Jaye where so in love/obsessed with each other. We got the Halloween story this chapter, but earlier chapters made it seem like after the journal incident that the two hardly spoke let alone hang out. So I am a bit confused on that.

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
I may have come across a mistake, at the chapter end summary.

I have 12 of 13 trust points for Mallory, and 16 of 15 trust points for Jaye, so I think one of Mal's points might have been a double agent.

sorry if this has already been posted but it's late and I'm too tired to read through the thread.

saltynip

Oct 16, 2020
Sophie is a tribute to a fellow developer, "The Naughty Captain," the creator of Summer Scent. His wife plays Chasing Sunsets, and was the one who proposed the idea of allowing MC and Jaye to team up in tossing Christian off the yacht in Chapter 2. As a thank you, I included her as a character in Chasing Sunsets, and she'll be more than a cameo.

That said, given that she's the alter-ego of a real-life friend, she will likely remain unmolested by you lot. :ROFLMAO:
god damn, this feels like an Adult VN Universe!!

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
So first of all THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THIS UPDATE!!!!!!!!
Seriously your commitment to regular updates has never been more appreciated. Great content. Maybe a little less overt sex, but it moved the story forward on many fronts, so was well worth playing.

One aspect of this update really brought home to me how singularly focused I am on Jaye. The scene with Mallory was excellently done, but I found myself waiting for it to be over. Weird,. Truly weird. You find yourself in bed with an extraordinarily hot woman who desires that you help her explore her sexuality. Scenes don't get much hotter than that. But all I could think about was Jaye and if this encounter with Mal might endanger my relationship with Jaye.

I guess when I said this before, maybe I didn't really understand how deeply I felt it, but Jaye is all I want or need. Period.

Last edited:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Always a pleasure to play a new update of this game ; teaming up with Jaye, the moment in the container, it's really wholesome and fulfilling. Also the scenes with Mallory are great, and the touching therapy was hot as hell. Too bad I had to rollback because Jaye all the way.
Also also, troubling to find an almost redeeming quality with bitchass rapist Christian and his respect of Sarah. Still a shitstain but more 3 dimensional.

:DA big thanks to Stone Fox Studios ; great update, marvelous renders, awesome writing... A complete win, can't wait for Chapter 4

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Top notch release as always. This is one of my most anticipated games. Both girls are great. At first I was all in for Mallory, but Jaye is really winning me over.

4.60 star(s) 303 Votes