4.60 star(s) 306 Votes
May 8, 2018
I'm missing Backstabber, swipe left, and Donkey Show. Can someone help please/thank you
Backstabber - When you have the first task to be done with Jaye at Polygene, you'll have to choose the option to undermine her (desk scene with George and Lisa).

Swipe Left - Say you don't want Tara's help when she messages you at the docks

Donkey Show - Instead of saying you don't wanna get involved at the docks, say "May the best man win!". IIRC if you have enough trust points on Mallory, you'll get a choice after to choose if you want her help or do it solo, you choose doing it solo.

Last edited:

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
MUst say, this is one of the most stunning games i ever played here. This update was fantastic. Looking forward.

May 8, 2018
Stone Fox Studios

This is just some feedback, and probably because of just a stupid minor pet peeve of mine, but I just wanted to address some situations where I feel weird with point allocation and character reaction.

Sometimes during some choices, we are given a certain amount of points (or none) to the characters, however, I feel like personally there should always be some sort of different reaction to these choices (which happens to most of the game, but I was just bothered by some inconsistencies).

Giving a few examples, I think I can start off on the Prologue during the scene where the MC is reading Jaye's diary. We are given the choice to stop reading it or go further and try to read the impressions on it.

If we continue to read the diary, Jaye will burst into the room and we do not gain a trust point for her.

If we stop, the exact same scene will play, but we gain a trust point for her.

My thing here is, if we don't continue to read the diary, how does Jaye "know" that we did not go further? Because later, we get a trust point even though the scene is exactly same, which I think it could make a player question why exactly are we getting a trust point here if the reaction to the choice was exactly the same. Something that I believe that could have been done is, while you are reading the diary/journal, Jaye could open the door right before you are given your choice to stop or continue. If you chose to continue, MC could have said something out loud about continuing reading and then Jaye enters in the room. If you chose not to continue, you could have the MC close the diary while Jaye is watching, only then you get awarded your trust point and the Jaye bursting in scene plays.

Just another more recent example, when you catch the ladies topless on the yatch, you'll get a different amount of points depending on who you look at, but just like before, there's no different reactions from the characters, we just gain the points without realizing why we are actually getting those points if the characters are not reacting to it. It became a bit more evident if you decided to look at the redhead, because here you do not get any points for any of the girls and the scene following is exactly the same.

What I'm trying to get by is I think for these kinds of choices that I've given the example of, there could be a few extra renders/small scenes that could end up justifying the choices and points by using different character reactions.

Sorry if this sounded so long for something that's very small, but it was just something on my mind, hope you don't take it to the wrong side of things because I'm really enjoying the game and this was just a small thing I noticed : )

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Backstabber - When you're at the yatch and George wants you to retrieve the package from the docks, say you don't wanna get involved.

Swipe Left - Say you don't want Tara's help when she messages you at the docks

Donkey Show - Instead of saying you don't wanna get involved at the docks, say "May the best man win!". IIRC if you have enough trust points on Mallory, you'll get a choice after to choose if you want her help or do it solo, you choose doing it solo.
You got Backstabber wrong. It's when you choose to undermine Jaye instead of compete or work with her on the 1st task.

May 8, 2018
You got Backstabber wrong. It's when you choose to undermine Jaye instead of compete or work with her on the 1st task.
You are indeed correct, I read the wrong description while searching it on the list. The one that fits that description is "Conscientious Objector"

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Stone Fox Studios

This is just some feedback, and probably because of just a stupid minor pet peeve of mine, but I just wanted to address some situations where I feel weird with point allocation and character reaction.

Sometimes during some choices, we are given a certain amount of points (or none) to the characters, however, I feel like personally there should always be some sort of different reaction to these choices (which happens to most of the game, but I was just bothered by some inconsistencies).

Giving a few examples, I think I can start off on the Prologue during the scene where the MC is reading Jaye's diary. We are given the choice to stop reading it or go further and try to read the impressions on it.

If we continue to read the diary, Jaye will burst into the room and we do not gain a trust point for her.

If we stop, the exact same scene will play, but we gain a trust point for her.

My thing here is, if we don't continue to read the diary, how does Jaye "know" that we did not go further? Because later, we get a trust point even though the scene is exactly same, which I think it could make a player question why exactly are we getting a trust point here if the reaction to the choice was exactly the same. Something that I believe that could have been done is, while you are reading the diary/journal, Jaye could open the door right before you are given your choice to stop or continue. If you chose to continue, MC could have said something out loud about continuing reading and then Jaye enters in the room. If you chose not to continue, you could have the MC close the diary while Jaye is watching, only then you get awarded your trust point and the Jaye bursting in scene plays.

Just another more recent example, when you catch the ladies topless on the yatch, you'll get a different amount of points depending on who you look at, but just like before, there's no different reactions from the characters, we just gain the points without realizing why we are actually getting those points if the characters are not reacting to it. It became a bit more evident if you decided to look at the redhead, because here you do not get any points for any of the girls and the scene following is exactly the same.

What I'm trying to get by is I think for these kinds of choices that I've given the example of, there could be a few extra renders/small scenes that could end up justifying the choices and points by using different character reactions.

Sorry if this sounded so long for something that's very small, but it was just something on my mind, hope you don't take it to the wrong side of things because I'm really enjoying the game and this was just a small thing I noticed : )
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. Indeed, there have been a few instances where we've considered a different point allocation in hindsight, but felt that retrofitting the game would break existing saves, so we chose the lesser of the evils.

Right now, based on some concise feedback earlier in this thread (thanks again ename144), I'm looking at ways to make the point differentiation more clear with what amounts to a relationship matrix. While incorporating different art, scenes, and dialogue for every one of these in the game would be daunting, it wouldn't be too difficult to aggregate them somewhat.

Screenshot_2021-08-31_144824.png

My thought is that any of those states can be further modified by whether the relationship state reflected romantic or platonic feelings.

As for point awards, they don't always necessarily reflect just how the other person feels about you. They reflect the current Love/Trust state of the relationship both parties contribute to. Jaye may not have known MC stopped reading at that point, but MC does. He knows he had a choice to invade her privacy further and restrained himself. That applies to the yacht scene as well. Whether Jaye or Mallory register they've been checked out, MC knows they have.

That said, the fact that you and others have found this confusing represents an opportunity on my side: I've elected to make the introductory primer to the game much more informative, and the relationship state at the end of a chapter less about how the girl feels about the MC, and more of a statement regarding the state of the relationship.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
May 8, 2018
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. Indeed, there have been a few instances where we've considered a different point allocation in hindsight, but felt that retrofitting the game would break existing saves, so we chose the lesser of the evils.

Right now, based on some concise feedback earlier in this thread, I'm looking at ways to make the point differentiation more clear with what amounts to a relationship matrix. While incorporating different art, scenes, and dialogue for every one of these in the game would be daunting, it wouldn't be too difficult to aggregated them somewhat.

View attachment 1384764

My thought is that any of those states can be further modified by whether the relationship state reflected romantic or platonic feelings.

As for point awards, they don't always necessarily reflect just how the other person feels about you. They reflect the current Love/Trust state of the relationship both parties contribute to. Jaye may not have known MC stopped reading at that point, but MC does. He knows he had a choice to invade her privacy further and restrained himself. That applies to the yacht scene as well. Whether Jaye or Mallory register they've been checked out, MC knows they have.

That said, the fact that you and others have found this confusing represents an opportunity on my side: I've elected to make the introductory primer to the game much more informative, and the relationship state at the end of a chapter less about how the girl feels about the MC, and more of a statement regarding the state of the relationship.

I hope this helps!
Thank you! This is the kind of response I was really looking forward to hear! Glad you have managed to identify where you feel the game could be improved and are actively working on it. Best of luck!

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Is this a bug? I load a save at the end of chapter 2 and pass this screen it immediately say the story end here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Is this a bug? I load a save at the end of chapter 2 and pass this screen it immediately say the story end here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't replicate this behavior, but I'll dig around and see if I can find an explanation.

In the meantime, you should have an autosave on Page 9 Slot 3 for the end of Ch2 that should allow you to continue without this error.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Have you tried rolling back to the previous scene and then continue playing forward?
I hasn't. But I decided to start a new game since it been a while anyway. My old saves is from version 0.2 so maybe they're not compatible or something.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Have you tried rolling back to the previous scene and then continue playing forward?
Identified the bug, and it's a dumb one. What you suggested can work if console is enabled and the player does a Shift+R on the previous frame and then moves forward again.

Reactions: MV_1999
4.60 star(s) 306 Votes