4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

jdoch

Oct 16, 2017
I replayed the game, making different choices and i have to say the whole "choice" thing is kinda meaningless because there are clearly right choices and wrong choices.

Personally i would have chosen to give the player choices with side characters. In the end those are more meaningful than main story choices where basically all choices but one completely derail the main story. Like giving me the choice to backstab my love interest in a romance game is completely pointless. (also predictably leading to a Game Over)

This isn't really a criticism of this awesome game but more of the whole "you need choices in a VN" Idea. I'd rather the main Story just progresses as it is CLEARLY meant to and give me choices that i can actually make and still stay in the game.

One example would be to be dominant or loving during a sex scene. Or to choose outfits for certain scenes.

(Of course the absolute best would be to have meaningful choices inside the main story that actually, fundamentally change the main story and lead to completely indipendent branching paths, but that is waaaaay outside the scope of anything a dev could handle)

Reactions: Jade Whitehorn

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't remember if Polygene had a Board of Directors or seeing it mentioned anywhere. I have to check about it, though I vaguely recall something along the lines mentioned from George or Lisa (another reason for me to replay the game :Kappa:). The Board of Directors aren't a big thing to worry about though - assuming that both Jaye and MC are the majority shareholders of the company, they have full rights to fire the board if they disagree with their decisions by calling a meeting of the shareholders, announce the decision and appoint a new Board of Directors i.e people they trust and that they know for sure are in their corner.
Assuming Sarah and James owned an outright majority of the company then yes, the Board is effectively powerless (though it's a bit complicated by the fact they're dead - someone must be acting on their behalf and we don't really know what if any discretion they have).

Even in that situation, though, there are some options for ambitious board members since they could potentially manipulate the new owners into giving up some of their power, or turn them against each other and thereby form a new majority with other shareholders. The fact that Lisa is apparently the only person interested in buddying up with the would-be heirs suggests to me that the Board is irrelevant (whatever the precise reason).

That being said, Mallory's involvement in the company worries me, given how her involvement can snowball everything out of control. What multi-billion pharmaceutical company gives a wacky journalist that talks to herself full access to their database? That's clearly asking for trouble, even if Mallory's intentions are good.
Technically, Polygene didn't give Mallory nigh-unfettered access; the MC did. It's unclear if George or Lisa realize that's happened.

I agree it wasn't a very prudent move on our part, though I suspect most of us did it automatically. I think the real point of the choice was probably to illustrate that the Trust rating works both ways rather than to give us a real change in how the game unfolds.

There is a truth and there is a story, the story talk only about Sara, every element is connected to her

Prizer has a lot of interested to tell that story

People want a story, not the thrue
Normally I'd agree, but in this case the facts are going to be more stubborn than usual thanks to Mallory's very messy life. She was born nearly a decade before Polygene even existed. She was kidnapped by Devon - who subsequently killed himself - then she became a ward of the state for years. That's all going to be well documented, and there's no link to to Polygene beyond her 'impossible' genetics. And even that is highly both tangential and speculative. With Sarah dead, no one is going to follow a trail to Polygene. Sure, if Mallory somehow takes a position of power with Polygene that might muddy the waters, but that will take time. By then the public will have made up their mind about the matter, and they'll settle on a much simpler story.

Prizer might be able to cover up their own involvement in the matter and pin everything on Devon as a rogue scientist (though they haven't impressed me with their subtlety), but I don't see a way they can turn it against Polygene. Especially if Polygene fights back and plays up the 'innocent victim' angle for themselves and Sarah, which is a much quicker track to run.

Then again, when the fire destroys the boat, we may have to choose between saving Jaye or Mallory! o_O
Hmmph. And you think my story suggestions are misguided. :p

Last edited:

EpiclyTwiztid

Jul 30, 2021
Awesome story so far. Can't wait for the next update. I have to say I laughed pretty good when I saw the blue whale(Oklahoma) in the travel memories/story. I drive past that to and from work, so it was totally random and awesome to see it in here. Keep up the good work

Reactions: VOYEUR
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes