4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think MC is ugly to be honest. I think the devs did a good job considering there aren't many options to choose from, and despite that they came up with a memorable MC that I personally haven't encountered in other games (he looks similar to the MC of Midnight Paradise, but there are some differences between them).
the real big problem with AVN male characters however is not physical appearance in general, but their real Achilles' heel is their haircut :oops::oops::oops::oops:...and here CS's protagonist falls like so many others.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
the real big problem with AVN male characters however is not physical appearance in general, but their real Achilles' heel is their haircut :oops::oops::oops::oops:...and here CS's protagonist falls like so many others.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Eh, he's decent to be honest. It could be worse like the MC from Bad Bobby Saga or Foot of the Mountains (which are like the worst of them all). :LUL:

There aren't that many assets for haircuts for males anyway and this one and the old haircut from BaDIK are some of the better options.

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Eh, he's decent to be honest. It could be worse like the MC from Bad Bobby Saga or Foot of the Mountains (which are like the worst of them all). :LUL:

There aren't that many assets for haircuts for males anyway and this one and the old haircut from BaDIK are some of the better options.
His haircut is mocked by every girl in the game... Rightly

• Haha
Reactions: Lostanddamned

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He has that fuckboy haircut, so it's rightful. But IMO this is what MC should go for:

View attachment 1949711

Then he'll be an absolute pussy killer and have the option for that Jaye+Mallory+Lisa+Tara ending. :Kappa:
Guys tend not to be very imaginative at the barbershop, so better a dull, 'military' cut than something too flashy.

Christian has a better cut But so does the captain, and ultimately George...

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Guys tend not to be very imaginative at the barbershop, so better a dull, 'military' cut than something too flashy.

It’s a matter of practicality, flashy hairstyles defeat the quick’n’dirty bathroom sessions.

I personally have most of the time way more issues with men’s clothing in this AVN’s. It looks dated, or not appropriate for the age of the mc (generally spoken, not explicit on CS).

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

When I did my mandatory miitary service, before getting your uniform a barber shaved your hair. You had two options - skinhead or a number 1. If you asked for a fade, you might get the skinhead. :LUL:

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
The male hair is only an issue if youve played a few games already. Thats when you really notice how few assets there are for males and they all start looking worse to you, the pattern stands out like chalk on a blackboard.*

Theres several decent men in these games imo. The occasional MC where the creator cares enough to do the work. The rest are orcs as people have said above for obvious monetary reasons, you earn money by making hot women! Spending that time on male 3D models is wasted effort, time and money. Only way to make money with 3D men is making gay content for a gay audience.

*Ive seen many people in these forum say they now recognize the base female models with most characters and they do list them occasionally as well. I dread this! Hitting this ceiling with female character sounds like my death sentence for enjoying most AVNs.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Normally i would not do this, but i am sitting at home with covid and start getting bored as hell:

Unlocked
Chasing Sunsets Dev Update #3 - Steady As She Goes!

Normally I'd say we hit the mid point of the development cycle and it's downhill from here, but it feels like we hit that milestone a week or so back, knock on wood.
Thankfully, render times have come down in recent scenes and we've made up for some of the pain we experienced earlier in the chapter. For a visual indicator of where we are from an art perspective, the blurred page below shows the chapter flowchart, and the dark areas are complete -- So a significant part of it!

So far, there have been no roadblocks or other surprises that would point toward any delays, and we'll begin focusing on animation and integration on the back end of the development cycle.
Speaking of cycles, as you can see from the preview image, we finally got a chance to realize another scene we've been bouncing around in our heads since the Prologue! Kent's at his best when he's challenged to deliver cinematic sequences, and we're hoping that really shines through here.
So, what can you look forward to?
  • More insight on what's got Prizer so worked up
  • A peek into an event that set the siblings onto a collision course when they were teens.
  • A potential wrecking ball ahead that may take a beautiful mind to see coming
  • The most impactful decisions for the endgame to date
  • A chance to begin thawing at least one icy acquaintance
As we move into the remainder of the development cycle, I'll start locking down beta and release targets in subsequent updates.
We will likely host a Livestream after the release of Chapter 6, so begin queuing up questions in the #questions-for-dev-streams channel on our Discord!
On a personal note, when we began this project, we always thought it would be cool if we just generated enough interest to cover the expense of producing it.
During development, my beagle is often curled up under my desk keeping me company. She got sick recently, and thanks to the support we've gotten, I found myself with enough socked away to have her treated. Some things go beyond gratitude, and this is one of them!

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes