4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Normally i would not do this, but i am sitting at home with covid and start getting bored as hell:

Unlocked
Chasing Sunsets Dev Update #3 - Steady As She Goes!

Normally I'd say we hit the mid point of the development cycle and it's downhill from here, but it feels like we hit that milestone a week or so back, knock on wood.
Thankfully, render times have come down in recent scenes and we've made up for some of the pain we experienced earlier in the chapter. For a visual indicator of where we are from an art perspective, the blurred page below shows the chapter flowchart, and the dark areas are complete -- So a significant part of it!

So far, there have been no roadblocks or other surprises that would point toward any delays, and we'll begin focusing on animation and integration on the back end of the development cycle.
Speaking of cycles, as you can see from the preview image, we finally got a chance to realize another scene we've been bouncing around in our heads since the Prologue! Kent's at his best when he's challenged to deliver cinematic sequences, and we're hoping that really shines through here.
So, what can you look forward to?
  • More insight on what's got Prizer so worked up
  • A peek into an event that set the siblings onto a collision course when they were teens.
  • A potential wrecking ball ahead that may take a beautiful mind to see coming
  • The most impactful decisions for the endgame to date
  • A chance to begin thawing at least one icy acquaintance
As we move into the remainder of the development cycle, I'll start locking down beta and release targets in subsequent updates.
We will likely host a Livestream after the release of Chapter 6, so begin queuing up questions in the #questions-for-dev-streams channel on our Discord!
On a personal note, when we began this project, we always thought it would be cool if we just generated enough interest to cover the expense of producing it.
During development, my beagle is often curled up under my desk keeping me company. She got sick recently, and thanks to the support we've gotten, I found myself with enough socked away to have her treated. Some things go beyond gratitude, and this is one of them!
Looks like we’ll be getting the update at the end of August if everything goes smoothly.

For the Prizer part I think we’ll get a hint what forced their hand to kill the judge’s wife. There has to be a reason or motive for it, though Prizer have been presented as Bondesque villains, doing it just because they can is going to be bad writing IMO.

The flashback is obviously going to include James - my gut feeling is that he knew something beforehand and it was the reason why he took the difficult decision to let their relationship fall apart.

The wrecking ball IMO is going to be MC and Jaye’s relationship possibly becoming official. As the sole heirs of a multi-billion pharmaceutical company it could cause major headaches with the public and their perception of the relationship. But it’s not something that Polygene can’t deal with. I feel that the reveal of Mallory being a Sarah clone and being in a relationship with MC would cause more problems than that.

The decision would probably be making a decision between Jaye and Mallory. Assuming that 10 chapters is what Kent and Stoya are going for, it’s the right time to do it.

The acquaintance point is certainly interesting and I don't have a guess who it might reference. Though to make my homie shazba happy I'm going to say it's Tanaka. :Kappa:

Though the endgame reference makes me sad, as that means we are nearing the end. The only thing that would be able to console me would be Chasing Sunrises. Please Kentyrr and Stone Fox Studios, let us have it. :cry::Kappa:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
would send the emperor's holy inquisition after him 12/10
intertwined MC had terrible haircuts as well
alex looks like a normal human being compared to most MCs
He is the champion, an introvert who chooses a hairstyle with which he would be noticed even on Google maps
To be honest, i have no problems with the haircut from this dude. I personally find it refeshing, not always the same overused bored to death appearance

echoalexd

Nov 17, 2020
I just started playing this game and was sort of upset that I had to see Jaye and tara's scene. I haven't played enough, but I would like to know before I continue playing the game just to be let down if Jaye and tara are together or will remain together. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it cuz sharing her with another would sort of ruin it for me. I'm not into the threesome or polyamorous relationship or harem thing really.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I just started playing this game and was sort of upset that I had to see Jaye and tara's scene. I haven't played enough, but I would like to know before I continue playing the game just to be let down if Jaye and tara are together or will remain together. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it cuz sharing her with another would sort of ruin it for me. I'm not into the threesome or polyamorous relationship or harem thing really.
It is a relationship confined to the past. To date no other flashback

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes