4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
She hasn't really acknowledged the pain her own actions have caused the MC including being the reason he decided to leave. Until she does I can't really see her as a viable LI. MC isn't perfect but at least he's been shown to be aware of the damage his actions caused. Jaye needs to grow up.
Agreed somewhat. Honestly I'm still putting a lot more of the blame on the MC though. I am secretly hoping that Mallory will get pissed off with the venom between the two and lock them in a cabin together and not let them out till that talk about it, while this is happening Jayes +1 will make a pass at her and they will all catch him and kick him off the boat or if it is old rapey-mcfuckface; feed him to the sharks.

That's what I want to happen, what probably will happen with be another update focusing on everything except the two of them talking and sorting their shit out.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Agreed somewhat. Honestly I'm still putting a lot more of the blame on the MC though. I am secretly hoping that Mallory will get pissed off with the venom between the two and lock them in a cabin together and not let them out till that talk about it, while this is happening Jayes +1 will make a pass at her and they will all catch him and kick him off the boat or if it is old rapey-mcfuckface; feed him to the sharks.

That's what I want to happen, what probably will happen with be another update focusing on everything except the two of them talking and sorting their shit out.
She realised how she felt before he did and didn't say anything along with sending mixed signals about how she felt about him. The dialogue implies she was the one who started pushing the pranks too far. She invited Rapey McFuckface to the graduation party even though she knew it would piss off MC. She then got pissed when he stood up for her even though she wanted him to then tried to hit him for it. She was fine with shagging Tara and dating Rapey to try and get over her feelings yet goes nuts over a kiss with Mallory 5 years later when quite frankly it has fuck all to do with her. She blocked his number then chews him out for not contacting her even though he tried. Plus there's now the possibility that she invited rapey just to make him jealous even though he was part of the reason MC left and they stopped speaking to each other much and then not at all.
MC isn't a saint himself but several of the issues between him and Jaye are him doing something out of love/care whereas the majority of hers are out of pettiness, jealousy and feeling hurt. Obviously the issues will be fleshed out as updates come along and it will probably balance out but so far she's the bigger cunt than he is.

Last edited:

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Good update. Mallory is fucking great ( and one of the best looking female models in VNs).
Biggest criticism is MC running away ( again) to some ski lodge for few days after not seeing anyone of his former family for five years. I guess it was used as setup for meeting other characters, but it feels out of place. They could've "hidden" this better.
I don't really care about "NTR"/Jaye having other LIs, but it kind of feels "wrong" to bring her old boyfriend back. She's portrayed as determined, proud, headstrong, while he's run-of-the-mill one dimensional douche.
Whole thing with Mallory is a mindfuck. ( where does he know her from? Her ties to MC's mother?)
My own theory
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Did a quick read of the comments, as i always do to get a feel of the game, and i guess i'll wait for 0.3 to play this :LOL:

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
I mean yea.. Should play to get your opinion (I might still), but rather not get a feel for the characters and stupid shit happens, so I'll wait.

I usually feel too much in these games, so better to wait an unwatch for now.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
LordSinner thanks for the likes, even if it's a facepalm, hopefully you can work out you issues with Jaye before the next update because I believe she will be front and centre then. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Also you missed one, but I don't think I mentioned Jaye. Want me to edit it for you? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: El Tanque

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
LordSinner thanks for the likes, even if it's a facepalm, hopefully you can work out you issues with Jaye before the next update because I believe she will be front and centre then. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Also you missed one, but I don't think I mentioned Jaye. Want me to edit it for you? :ROFLMAO:
No need to go through the trouble for little old me. I have nothing to "work out" with Jaye, I have zero interest in her and that will never change.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
She realised how she felt before he did and didn't say anything along with sending mixed signals about how she felt about him. The dialogue implies she was the one who started pushing the pranks too far. She invited Rapey McFuckface to the graduation party even though she knew it would piss off MC. She then got pissed when he stood up for her even though she wanted him to then tried to hit him for it. She was fine with shagging Tara and dating Rapey to try and get over her feelings yet goes nuts over a kiss with Mallory 5 years later when quite frankly it has fuck all to do with her. She blocked his number then chews him out for not contacting her even though he tried. Plus there's now the possibility that she invited rapey just to make him jealous even though he was part of the reason MC left and they stopped speaking to each other and then not at all.
MC isn't a saint himself but several of the issues between him and Jaye are him doing something out of love/care whereas the majority of hers are out of pettiness, jealousy and feeling hurt. Obviously the issues will be fleshed out as updates come along and it will probably balance out but so far she's the bigger cunt than he is.
I hear you. As I said I don't think she's right at all. I just have more love for her than him. Both of them have a lot to make up for in my book. As we've only seen his side of the story, I expect him to be the better man and try mend some fences, not run away like a coward again. FFS he didn't even attempt to talk to her after the funeral, just ran away to ski. And she tried multiple times to get them to talk and he just ran away or avoided her. She even wanted to fly out the ski lodge and he said he'll call her back and never did.

Plus you're forgetting the most important part, Jaye is a smoking hot redhead :love: , she can get away with a lot in my book (jokes about the getting away with stuff). I did have a minor meltdown about her and Tara after the previous update, which nearly ruined her for me completely. I was especially acid she masturbated fantasizing about Tara immediately after deciding she was going to tell him about her feelings. That was the biggest bitch move for me.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I love good story games, on a few I skip the lewds as fast as possible to get back to the story, this is just not telling the story I want.
It is, but it will take a while to get there. It would move way too fast, if siblings reconciled in single epizode.
Though the pacing was too fast/weird here. MC and Jaye switch back'n'forth between affectionate ( text messages) and adversarial ( on both meetings with George).
I think it would've worked better if this epizode was devoted entirely to Jaye/MC/Tara, showing there is still a lot of anger/hurt between them, and what happened to everyone in last five years (longer funeral sequence, MC moves in ( temporarily) to his old home, "bad blood" scenes, whole "War of the Roses" scenario). Then at the end, Jaye leaves for few days ( college/business reasons) and MC uses that time to revisit Erica/Linda at ski lodge.
Then in epizode 4 they really begin to reconcile.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Good update. Mallory is fucking great ( and one of the best looking female models in VNs).
Biggest criticism is MC running away ( again) to some ski lodge for few days after not seeing anyone of his former family for five years. I guess it was used as setup for meeting other characters, but it feels out of place. They could've "hidden" this better.
I don't really care about "NTR"/Jaye having other LIs, but it kind of feels "wrong" to bring her old boyfriend back. She's portrayed as determined, proud, headstrong, while he's run-of-the-mill one dimensional douche.
Whole thing with Mallory is a mindfuck. ( where does he know her from? Her ties to MC's mother?)
My own theory
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't give this a like because of one sentence, though I do like all the rest.
I only care about Jaye so anything with her having another LI would be a deal breaker for me. I already want to get rid of Mallory as fast as possible, unless I can have both. But hey I love harems and redheads as much as I hate that 3 letter tag.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Did a quick read of the comments, as i always do to get a feel of the game, and i guess i'll wait for 0.3 to play this :LOL:
I'd recommend it even as it is now but as far as main LI's go Jaye has not been potrayed in a ve
I hear you. As I said I don't think she's right at all. I just have more love for her than him. Both of them have a lot to make up for in my book. As we've only seen his side of the story, I expect him to be the better man and try mend some fences, not run away like a coward again. FFS he didn't even attempt to talk to her after the funeral, just ran away to ski. And she tried multiple times to get them to talk and he just ran away or avoided her. She even wanted to fly out the ski lodge and he said he'll call her back and never did.

Plus you're forgetting the most important part, Jaye is a smoking hot redhead :love: , she can get away with a lot in my book (jokes about the getting away with stuff). I did have a minor meltdown about her and Tara after the previous update, which nearly ruined her for me completely. I was especially acid she masturbated fantasizing about Tara immediately after deciding she was going to tell him about her feelings. That was the biggest bitch move for me.
True but at the moment he's got far more legitimate reasons to be pissed off at her than she has at him. She's a hypocrite who did everything to push the MC away both physically and emotionally then held a grudge because he finally did what she asked him even though she didn't really want it.
Also no offense but fuck that better man bullshit. You make a mistake then it's on you to own it and make up for it and she's shown no real remorse so far for her actions when they were younger unlike MC along with acting like a bitch since the MC has returned.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
An overall good story with some horrible writing elements, if I had to sum it.

First of all, there's the Aspen thing. A few days have passed since the sermon of his parents, and instead of trying to re-acclimate himself with his former environment, dig somewhat deeper into the company he's supposed to partially inherit, trying to reunite with his only living family member, the main character fucks off half across the country, without the reason for it ever explained. Looking at it from a third person point of view, it serves nothing but to derail the main storyline. Introducing Mallory and a sex scene with someone could've been done even without him leaving for Colorado for three whole months, and the story cohesion wouldn't have been screwed over this much. Of course, you could try to reason by MC running away again, which only makes him a little bitch that grown literally zero during that five years he was away. Although, I don't fault him for leaving back in the day, I'm not even on the team that thinks it wasn't the right move, it was, but this time it's a whole different scenario, where using it as a storytelling tool is just a bad move.

Secondly, there's the whole Jaye thing. The first update set her up as an unlikeable person, stupid at best with the whole inviting the rapist fuck to the graduation party and then acting arrogantly after the fight scene. While everyone likes a good redemption story, bouncing back from that is not easy, and if the personality keeps up, it will become impossible overtime. I get the jealousy part because of the kiss, but it won't absolve her from pulling a move like making Christian into her plus one on the boat, especially that she already screwed up twice since the MC had "returned" to home. That's a surely good way to write off the supposed main girl in front of the majority if the audience, and if the Chasing part in the title has to do anything with chasing after her, then the whole experience of the game will be soured, if the point is to trying to get liked by someone like her. If it isn't him that she invited, then it becomes a pointless cliffhanger, or a bad explanatory scene of why both George and the MC reacted the way they did. That is pretty much writing yourself into a corner.

A smaller thing, shounen harem manga level dense protagonists aren't a good even in those stories, especially not in a more adult themed one. During that five years it did seems the MC became somewhat more mature, regressing to that for storytelling purposes won't be funny, just bad.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes