4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
This joke was too funny, but seeing as how it got cut in v0.7 I'm guessing SFS busted out the joke a little too early:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Given how things ended in Chapter 6, I wonder if they'll bring this kind of throuple banter back later on. Chances of a throuple route seem pretty low as things stand. Based on the end summary, Mallory might be open to it but Jaye doesn't seem to be, and both definitely would rather an exclusive relationship.

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
This joke was too funny, but seeing as how it got cut in v0.7 I'm guessing SFS busted out the joke a little too early:

Given how things ended in Chapter 6, I wonder if they'll bring this kind of throuple banter back later on. Chances of a throuple route seem pretty low as things stand. Based on the end summary, Mallory might be open to it but Jaye doesn't, and both definitely would rather an exclusive relationship.
If Mallory doesn't want to get punched in the throat, she'd stay out of it.

The only one Jaye would be open for a throuple to seems to be Tara.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Got cut? It's still in the script in v0.7:

The only thing that seems to be changed is the first condition there: instead of bool003 >= 5 there is now num003 >= 10

I'm not sure what's the point in using obfuscated variable names that just make reading the code a little more of an annoyance, mostly for the writer of this code and especially in a few years after writing it. He's already obviously mixing them up as it seems from this change in the code.
num003 seems to be Mallory trust, BTW.
bool003 is a boolean that can only be True or False, never 5 or more and it gets set to True if you try to read the impressions of the text that was written on the ripped out page in Jaye's diary. So that was obviously a bug there.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
The only thing that seems to be changed is the first condition there: instead of bool003 >= 5 there is now num003 >= 10
Damn, you're right. I showed after it myself und they cleary confused their variables. Well, after Stone Fox Studios left this board because of some toxic prepuberty assholes they won't see this. Maybe one of their Patreons could tell them they've mixed "num" with "bool" via a message. If you ask me this should be fixed. That's one of the greatest jokes in the game if not the greatest.

Reactions: MV_1999

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Got cut? It's still in the script in v0.7:

I'm not sure what's the point in using obfuscated variable names that just make reading the code a little more of an annoyance, mostly for the writer of this code and especially in a few years after writing it. He's already obviously mixing them up as it seems from this change in the code.
num003 seems to be Mallory trust, BTW.
bool003 is a boolean that can only be True or False, never 5 or more and it gets set to True if you try to read the impressions of the text that was written on the ripped out page in Jaye's diary. So that was obviously a bug there.
That's very interesting. I just figured that they took it out of Chapter 5 when Chapter 6 dropped. Given how things played out in Chapter 6, Jaye doesn't seem too thrilled when the MC tells her he's also dating Mallory. The joke (as much as I love it) then seems a bit out of place because it makes it seem like she was perfectly fine with him also dating Mallory in CH5, but suddenly surprised by the revelation in the very next chapter.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Damn, you're right. I showed after it myself und they cleary confused their variables. Well, after Stone Fox Studios left this board because of some toxic prepuberty assholes they won't see this. Maybe one of their Patreons could tell them they've mixed "num" with "bool" via a message. If you ask me this should be fixed. That's one of the greatest jokes in the game if not the greatest.
No, the variables were mixed up in v0.6, not in v0.7 any more. I just noticed it because of the difference in the new fixed script, it would otherwise be almost unnoticeable. Only the "bool" in the variable name would be somewhat suspicious there.
Variable names that have no human readable meaning are always making reading the code and therefore debugging difficult - not just to a stranger but also to the author - especially some time after writing the code. Experienced coders write readable code, they don't make their own work more difficult than it already is.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
No, the variables were mixed up in v0.6, not in v0.7 any more. I just noticed it because of the difference in the new fixed script, it would otherwise be almost unnoticeable. Only the "bool" in the variable name would be somewhat suspicious there.
You're right. I didn't noticed I haven't debugged 0.7 since I got it and looked in the old files. My mistake. I'm sorry.

Variable names that have no human readable meaning are always making reading the code and therefore debugging difficult - not just to a stranger but also to the author - especially some time after writing the code. Experienced coders write readable code, they don't make their own work more difficult than it already is.
I think they don't want it to made to easy for cheating with URM or to build a mod.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
You're right. I didn't noticed I haven't debugged 0.7 since I got it and looked in the old files. My mistake. I'm sorry.

I think they don't want it to made to easy for cheating with URM or to build a mod.
Stoya was often asked in tha past about the mess his spagetti code in CS is, becasue it makes modding so diffcult.

And his awnser was "The last thing I had in mind while coding was modding"

Reactions: MV_1999 and Ilhares

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I can't imagine what he did have in mind creating this spaghetti of ambiguous variables, but at least he has been able to manage it quite well so far. For that my respect.
But it must be quite a waste of time and a pain in the ass checking some kind of list of variables and their meaning while reading or writing the code and especially while debugging and digging through the older parts of it. For that my sympathy.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Stoya was often asked in tha past about the mess his spagetti code in CS is, becasue it makes modding so diffcult.

And his awnser was "The last thing I had in mind while coding was modding"
Best answer he could give. If I were a dev I wouldn't think about this, too. I would code the way I think it's right for me and makes my game looking how I want this. I've no problems with modding and think some of them are a really good add. But a dev shouldn't give a fuck.

Reactions: MV_1999
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes