4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
When I first saw the banner of this game, it didn't surprise me at all. Not gonna lie, at first I thought Jaye's hair and eye looked too unnatural, and I 'judged the book by its cover'.
Then I saw her show show up in one of my favorite VNs, Leap of Faith. She looked nice there, and I just left it at that.
I finally gave it a shot, and I wanna punch myself for not having tried it before.

Chasing Sunsets has the most accurately facial expressions I've seen in a VN, especially MC's and Jaye's. The story is plausible, the dialogue is natural. The pop culture reference are on fucking point and funny as hell and the story in general is compelling. Dunno what else to say, this VN is a 10 out of 10.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
When I first saw the banner of this game, it didn't surprise me at all. Not gonna lie, at first I thought Jaye's hair and eye looked too unnatural, and I 'judged the book by its cover'.
Then I saw her show show up in one of my favorite VNs, Leap of Faith. She looked nice there, and I just left it at that.
I finally gave it a shot, and I wanna punch myself for not having tried it before.

Chasing Sunsets has the most accurately facial expressions I've seen in a VN, especially MC's and Jaye's. The story is plausible, the dialogue is natural. The pop culture reference are on fucking point and funny as hell and the story in general is compelling. Dunno what else to say, this VN is a 10 out of 10.
CS really is on another level. The scene framing, posing, expressions, dialogue, character development... It's in a league of it's own, IMO. The effort they put into expressions really makes a difference because the characters feel like they're actually delivering lines. So many other VNs have the characters stand in a static pose in the middle of the frame like a mannequin or have stiff botox face expressions.

The only thing that takes me out of it in CS is that in some of the sex animations the girls faces change so much that they look like different people. It's particularly noticeable in CH5 with the "Boss Man/Boss Lady" scene and the "Two O'Cock" scene. It's like they have doubles standing in for the sex scenes lol.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
The only thing that takes me out of it in CS is that in some of the sex animations the girls faces change so much that they look like different people. It's particularly noticeable in CH5 with the "Boss Man/Boss Lady" scene and the "Two O'Cock" scene. It's like they have doubles standing in for the sex scenes lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Jericho85

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Just finished 6 chapter and... wow. Wow, wow, wow, just fuckin wow. That is the most beautiful love story I have ever seen in game or even in my whole life. Feelings expressions are just so well written...

At the beginning I got some doubts, it was looking pretty boring, so much text without any real decisions to make or gameplay itself but it got better pretty quickly. This is actually the first VN where the LI was obvious for me since the very beginning. Mallory is great character and in any other game I would probably pick her but here... she never had a chance. Since game has still potential and some mysteries in plot which will be unrelieved in next chapters, for me it could really end here. The whole story is complete, since beginning it was about Laya and MC love and rest is just noisy background, nice to have but no one can complain if author/s decide to cut it here.

I'm bad at using words with grace so I will end here. Great job, perfect example how VN should look like.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
wow. Wow, wow, wow, just fuckin wow. That is the most beautiful love story I have ever seen in game or even in my whole life.
Someone's got taboo fever! :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding bro. Welcome to the fanclub. You'll be converted to #TEAMMALLORY sooner than you think. It's the correct path.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022

Just kidding bro. Welcome to the fanclub. You'll be converted to #TEAMMALLORY sooner than you think. It's the correct path.
Giving my soul at stake that it is not gonna happen ever :cool: #TEAMJAYE

There is nothing special in Mallory path, story like that can be found... everywhere. Being best friends since childhood and in love since ever and not being able to get rid of this emotions for couple years on the other hand - that is some real one in a billion story. And not real a taboo since they are not blood related living in Alabama ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020

As the previous poster said, and as I hav said before, in ANY other game Mallory would be the obvious LI. But in this one my heart is with Jaye. I will happily fool around with Mallory for funsies, but the moment I have to decide between them, then for me persobally there is NO contest.

When the game is finished and I have enjoyed Jaye path to the fullest, only then will I go back and do a Mallory centric playthough. But until then my heart belongs to Jaye.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

There is nothing special in Mallory path, story like that can be found... everywhere. Being best friends since childhood and in love since ever and not being able to get rid of this emotions for couple years on the other hand - that is some real one in a billion story. And not real a taboo since they are not blood related living in Alabama ;)
As the previous poster said, and as I hav said before, in ANY other game Mallory would be the obvious LI. But in this one my heart is with Jaye. I will happily fool around with Mallory for funsies, but the moment I have to decide between them, then for me persobally there is NO contest.

When the game is finished and I have enjoyed Jaye path to the fullest, only then will I go back and do a Mallory centric playthough. But until then my heart belongs to Jaye.
Well, don't worry. It's okay for yall to be wrong from time to time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022

Can I make #TEAM JALISMAL, Pleasssssse. ;) :love:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Well, don't worry. It's okay for yall to be wrong from time to time :ROFLMAO:
And I have said before that in itself is a compliment to StoneFoxStudios in that Mallory is still an appealing enough character that others fall for her instead.

But having read through too many poor 2nd rate incest stories, it is rare that I have seen the relationship and banter between siblings done so well, even though technically they are not blood related. But their emotional connection is what makes them FEEL like true siblings and, along with Jaye being a smoking hot redhead, has meant that I personally have well an truly fallen for Jaye (even though she is still a virtual fictional character in a VN).

But it's ok to have a different opinion.....

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
I'm just sad Tara and Amanda are side chicks. I can see a couple of threesomes in future chapters, but I like them both more than Jaye and Mallory.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes