4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm just sad Tara and Amanda are side chicks. I can see a couple of threesomes in future chapters, but I like them both more than Jaye and Mallory.
I don't necessarily want threesomes but it would be welcome for Jaye to have more competition to overcome than just a clone of her mom. Having a path where Jaye is pitchfork angry and an unambivalent antagonist after finding out that Tara snaked her man would be awesome.

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Man, I might be the only one here who doesn't like Jaye all that much? All she got going for her is "I love my bro and I got boobs" and that's about it. Their love story is written well enough but the dev didn't give her any personality except the fact that she got a thing for bro.
Sure, I might be biased a bit because of my own "not blood related sister"(she was adopted).

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy

lonelyandfool

Sep 29, 2021
Man, I might be the only one here who doesn't like Jaye all that much? All she got going for her is "I love my bro and I got boobs" and that's about it. Their love story is written well enough but the dev didn't give her any personality except the fact that she got a thing for bro.
Sure, I might be biased a bit because of my own "not blood related sister"(she was adopted).
She was not adopted, he had a father who married the protagonist's mom.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Nah i don't like Jaye either, never did. Also she blocks the Lisa route, which is imo a way more interesting LI.
Mallory is good althought i'm more curious about Amanda.
Having a path where Jaye is pitchfork angry and an unambivalent antagonist after finding out that Tara snaked her man would be awesome.
Yeah i would like a path with Jaye as clear antagonist, they even had the perfect opportunity.
Where you could ignore her during the storm, instead of a game over because apparently she saw the MC looking at her while drowning and everyone believing her, that would have made for a nice antagonist path.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Nah i don't like Jaye either, never did. Also she blocks the Lisa route, which is imo a way more interesting LI.
Mallory is good althought i'm more curious about Amanda.

Yeah i would like a path with Jaye as clear antagonist, they even had the perfect opportunity.
Where you could ignore her during the storm, instead of a game over because apparently she saw the MC looking at her while drowning and everyone believing her, that would have made for a nice antagonist path.
On the flipside to that, I don't know why cooperating with Jaye requires a romance with Jaye. I don't see why they can't run the company together while still having a good plutonic relationship.

Kind of weird that by choosing to be exclusive with Mallory, you're forced to compete against your sister. I guess the benevolent ending to that would be to leave the company to Jaye, and then ride off with Mallory and Peanutbooter into the sunset.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
On the flipside to that, I don't know why cooperating with Jaye requires a romance with Jaye. I don't see why they can't run the company together while still having a good plutonic relationship.
It's been a while since i played from the beginning, but iirc isn't the cooperation based on trust ? I got the option even as i had close to zero love points with her and i think you can turn her down after the choice to cooperate, after the storm.
I guess the benevolent ending to that would be to leave the company to Jaye, and then ride off with Mallory and Peanutbooter into the sunset.
Now that sounds good.
Alternatively i would also like to take the mother-daughter pair from Aspen, or the hot ginger waiting for him in his mansion, i find Fiona way more attractive then Jaye...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
And I have said before that in itself is a compliment to StoneFoxStudios in that Mallory is still an appealing enough character that others fall for her instead.

But having read through too many poor 2nd rate incest stories, it is rare that I have seen the relationship and banter between siblings done so well, even though technically they are not blood related. But their emotional connection is what makes them FEEL like true siblings and, along with Jaye being a smoking hot redhead, has meant that I personally have well an truly fallen for Jaye (even though she is still a virtual fictional character in a VN).

But it's ok to have a different opinion.....
I am an unrepentant Jaye fan (yeah - I know - who knew? :) )

It's not that Mallory is not a great character - she's become a loyal and true friend, has a great sense of humor, she's an F buddy who takes it light (at least up until now where feelings are coming into play) and she is a genuinely good person... but she is not Jaye.

Chasing Sunsets has a great, relatable MC and his journey resonates with me.

On the Jaye path, I understand who she is to me, that once in a lifetime love.

The MC left home and everyone he cared about, to try to protect the chance of that future with Jaye... then he stayed away so long, he was not sure how to go back or if there was anything to go back to.

The scene in Jaye's cabin after the MC rescues her and saves her from drowning is such a powerful scene where he tells her just how deep his feelings are for her, and why he could not risk telling her about this right after high school graduation.

MCJaye1.png

MCJaye1a.png

MCJaye1a1.png

MCJaye1a1a.png

And early next morning after the storm has passed.

MCJaye1a1b.png

MCJaye1a1c.png

MCJaye1a1d.png

Jaye realizes that there is not just hope, but actual desire for a romantic, real relationship with the MC - a future for two as one - not just some hot sex.

Chapter 6 gives us part of the culmination of the journey of the MC and Jaye, and if you had her complete trust from your shared childhood, she shares herself with you - you are her First (and she definitely wants the MC to assure her that she is better than Tara)!

Chapter 6 is going to be a tough act to follow.

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Chapter 7 gives us part of the culmination of the journey of the MC and Jaye, and if you had her complete trust from your shared childhood, she shares herself with you - you are her First (and she definitely wants the MC to assure her that she is better than Tara)!

Chapter 7 is going to be a tough act to follow.
You mean Chapter 6 which is the current v0.7 release. Chapter 7 isn't out yet.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I am an unrepentant Jaye fan (yeah - I know - who knew? :) )

It's not that Mallory is not a great character - she's become a loyal and true friend, has a great sense of humor, she's an F buddy who takes it light (at least up until now where feelings are coming into play) and she is a genuinely good person... but she is not Jaye.

Chasing Sunsets has a great, relatable MC and his journey resonates with me.

On the Jaye path, I understand who she is to me, that once in a lifetime love.

The MC left home and everyone he cared about, to try to protect the chance of that future with Jaye... then he stayed away so long, he was not sure how to go back or if there was anything to go back to.

The scene in Jaye's cabin after the MC rescues her and saves her from drowning is such a powerful scene where he tells her just how deep his feelings are for her, and why he could not risk telling her about this right after high school graduation.

View attachment 2315418

View attachment 2315419

View attachment 2315421

View attachment 2315422

And early next morning after the storm has passed.

View attachment 2315425

View attachment 2315428

View attachment 2315431

Jaye realizes that there is not just hope, but actual desire for a romantic, real relationship with the MC - a future for two as one - not just some hot sex.

Chapter 6 gives us part of the culmination of the journey of the MC and Jaye, and if you had her complete trust from your shared childhood, she shares herself with you - you are her First (and she definitely wants the MC to assure her that she is better than Tara)!

Chapter 6 is going to be a tough act to follow.
IMO, Jaye has the history with Alex but Mallory has the chemistry with Alex.

My first playthrough not knowing anything about this VN, I assumed Jaye was the only main LI and I didn't know what role Mallory was going to take in the story after backstory scene. But then Mallory showed up in Aspen and that whole dynamic between her an Alex on the "interview" blind date was just so well done. Scale tipped heavily in Mallory's favor at that point.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's been a while since i played from the beginning, but iirc isn't the cooperation based on trust ? I got the option even as i had close to zero love points with her and i think you can turn her down after the choice to cooperate, after the storm.
You can choose to cooperate with Jaye in Chapter 3, and AFAIK there's no stat requirement on it at all. But the game will literally overwrite the variable if you slam the door on Jaye instead of joining her in bed at the end of Chapter 4. It's rather frustrating for those of us who want a close but non-sexual relationship with her.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
You can choose to cooperate with Jaye in Chapter 3, and AFAIK there's no stat requirement on it at all. But the game will literally overwrite the variable if you slam the door on Jaye instead of joining her in bed at the end of Chapter 4. It's rather frustrating for those of us who want a close but non-sexual relationship with her.
Yep. Seems the variable for romancing Jaye (bool046) is the same variable that determines whether Alex is cooperating with her for the company. If at any point Alex rejects Jaye - whether it's at the "bed fort" scene, or before the CH6 date, or after fucking her for four hours straight - then he's no longer cooperating with Jaye.

We'll have to see what happens in later chapters. I don't get why co-running the company has to be contingent on whether Alex is banging his sister. I'd really like to see a scenario where they can run the company together as close siblings, while Alex can continue to be exclusive to Mallory.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
is there a difference between 07 and 07a
This is not a critical update, as none of the bugs were really game-breaking, but this does resolve a number of spelling/grammatical issues, and also tones down the Chapter Summary statements if you chose certain paths after becoming more serious with Mallory. The full patch notes will be available in the folder with the patch itself.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Yep. Seems the variable for romancing Jaye (bool046) is the same variable that determines whether Alex is cooperating with her for the company. If at any point Alex rejects Jaye - whether it's at the "bed fort" scene, or before the CH6 date, or after fucking her for four hours straight - then he's no longer cooperating with Jaye.

We'll have to see what happens in later chapters. I don't get why co-running the company has to be contingent on whether Alex is banging his sister. I'd really like to see a scenario where they can run the company together as close siblings, while Alex can continue to be exclusive to Mallory.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes