4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Just so you know, there are only 2 endgame LI's in this VN........Mallory is one of them.
I wonder what he's like when playing other AVNs where there are MORE than just one other main LI that would dare distract him from simping over his personal waifu. :ROFLMAO:

"How dare this dev allow these THOT-DEVILS to flirt with my MC!!! I DECLINE YOUR KINDNESS AND CHEMISTRY, WOMAN!!!"

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Have followed this title for a long time.
Story wise, massive potential and personal reason why i chose to stick with it.
Delivery on several parts is dam good but, i'd be lying to myself not admitting a lot stretches below sub-par.

Countless times it's bored the hell outta me but with that said, can't expect great content all the time.
Dev's have good days and some days are like, WTF were they thinking or were they even?!?
While i agree with Joop501 completely on point.

The sex aspect, content, quality or lack there of on this title.
Is something i expected not to be thrilling for such a loooong time, it's no supersize(no buyers remorse).
Things being underwhelming do not disappointed in this case.

Recent scene with Jaye was way over due and just because it wasn't outstanding in alotta respects.
The Love put into It was a breath of fresh air for many of us.
For that alone, makes it a worth while scene from my perspective.

Either way i see it as a win win.
Still going to stick around and see where this title goes or doesn't.
But more so, how well it may carry onward and complete.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
I have a question. So, I'm currently going through Chapter 3... am I *supposed* to hate Mallory's fucking guts? Because I do. More precisely, I hate when she visits me in my room and I'm left with the option of either sleeping with her or being a complete dick that ruins her attempts at regaining her ability to be intimate with others. I'm okay with her as a friend and companion, but *not* as a fuck-buddy or GF. I already have someone in mind for that, and it IS NOT HER, but the writers keep trying to force her on me and guilt-trip me if I decline. That's some heavy-handed writing, IMO, and not cool.

Sorry. Just needed to vent. Please, carry on now. :p
I don't like Mallory either. How can I trust someone who's come to the ski lodge wrapped in multiple layers of lies?

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
I don't like Mallory either. How can I trust someone who's come to the ski lodge wrapped in multiple layers of lies?
How can you trust yourself, being a man whole and having sex without condoms?
The only way forward is virginity, the MC stays virgin, the girls stay virgin, this way we all can have fun together and don't need to have these arguments! NTR yes or no? Harem yes or no? Mallory yes or no? All solved forever! We need a virginity patch, now! Then it also does not matter, if they are brother or sister, blood related or whatever! Have your virgin harem, no one will complain!

Nov 9, 2022
Yeah, that's not how it works.....
But that's very much how this game works. The very fact that there are only 2 real LIs available in the game (my own perceptions notwithstanding) makes that clear. The MC *can* be a player, but for the most part he seems to focus on one person. The others are distractions or just "for fun". The writer, for example, made it possible for you to advise one of your earlier partners to fix her marriage. You can shut out Fiona if you want (not sure if that will work in the long run, as she's definitely got stalker vibes going on). You probably won't be going back to Colorado to see Rikki again, even if you did bed her.

The game seems intent to have the MC focus on just two possibilities, but I haven't noticed much of a chance to combine them. Thus, you need to choose one of them to end up with. I chose which one I wanted right at the beginning and nothing has happened yet to make me want to change that choice, despite what I feel are some heavy-handed attempts by the writer to make the choice more drama-laden.

At any rate, we can all choose for ourselves how we want to play and what our choices mean to us. We're the ones that give those choices meaning, or no meaning. I *have* played Grandma's House, and with *that* MC, I was happy to have him bang everything he came across (which is *a lot*), but this one is different and my feelings and goals while playing it are different.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
But that's very much how this game works. The very fact that there are only 2 real LIs available in the game (my own perceptions notwithstanding) makes that clear. The MC *can* be a player, but for the most part he seems to focus on one person. The others are distractions or just "for fun". The writer, for example, made it possible for you to advise one of your earlier partners to fix her marriage. You can shut out Fiona if you want (not sure if that will work in the long run, as she's definitely got stalker vibes going on). You probably won't be going back to Colorado to see Rikki again, even if you did bed her.

The game seems intent to have the MC focus on just two possibilities, but I haven't noticed much of a chance to combine them. Thus, you need to choose one of them to end up with. I chose which one I wanted right at the beginning and nothing has happened yet to make me want to change that choice, despite what I feel are some heavy-handed attempts by the writer to make the choice more drama-laden.

At any rate, we can all choose for ourselves how we want to play and what our choices mean to us. We're the ones that give those choices meaning, or no meaning. I *have* played Grandma's House, and with *that* MC, I was happy to have him bang everything he came across (which is *a lot*), but this one is different and my feelings and goals while playing it are different.
A few things to say here.

First, There are two main LIs in this VN plus several side girls. That's been very clear since the beginning. Both will have multiple endings, and there will also be several endings with neither of them. So the game is not forcing you to focus on "just two possibilities".

Second, the Mallory scene in CH3 that you mentioned is, in fact, avoidable. You're not forced into it. That scene requires that you have 6 or more "Trust" points with Mallory. You got that scene because of the choices you made. Basically, if you treat her completely platonically up until that point, you will not get that night visit scene. So it is not a forced scene and it really shouldn't be hard to avoid if you really dislike or distrust Mallory that much. I think if you don't hug her in CH2 and don't raise Mallory's access level in CH3, then that's probably enough for her to reconsider making her move on MC that night in CH3.

Third, as you may have guessed, the "helping with intimacy issues" thing is more or less a pretext. There is truth to it, sure, because of her traumatic experiences in foster care, but I think it's more so that Mallory is already very attracted to the MC by Chapter 3. However if you still do get that scene and you choose to turn her down at that point, you don't have to feel like a dick for it. Mallory will be embarrassed/disappointed as she leaves, but that is a realistic reaction. She took a big chance, but Alex didn't feel the same. She gets over it and there are no hard feelings. Besides, that scene is probably the safest time to reject Mallory if you plan to remain friendly with her on a Jaye playthrough. There are far worse ways to reject and/or hurt her later on but only if you go full asshole.

Fourth, #MALLORYBESTGIRL

Nov 9, 2022
A few things to say here.

First, There are two main LIs in this VN plus several side girls. That's been very clear since the beginning. Both will have multiple endings, and there will also be several endings with neither of them. So the game is not forcing you to focus on "just two possibilities".

Second, the Mallory scene in CH3 that you mentioned is, in fact, avoidable. You're not forced into it. That scene requires that you have 6 or more "Trust" points with Mallory. You got that scene because of the choices you made. Basically, if you treat her completely platonically up until that point, you will not get that night visit scene. So it is not a forced scene and it really shouldn't be hard to avoid if you really dislike or distrust Mallory that much. I think if you don't hug her in CH2 and don't raise Mallory's access level in CH3, then that's probably enough for her to reconsider making her move on MC that night in CH3.

Third, as you may have guessed, the "helping with intimacy issues" thing is more or less a pretext. There is truth to it, sure, because of her traumatic experiences in foster care, but I think it's more so that Mallory is already very attracted to the MC by Chapter 3. However if you still do get that scene and you choose to turn her down at that point, you don't have to feel like a dick for it. Mallory will be embarrassed/disappointed as she leaves, but that is a realistic reaction. She took a big chance, but Alex didn't feel the same. She gets over it and there are no hard feelings. Besides, that scene is probably the safest time to reject Mallory if you plan to remain friendly with her on a Jaye playthrough. There are far worse ways to reject and/or hurt her later on but only if you go full asshole.

Fourth, #MALLORYBESTGIRL
Well, I did end up rejecting her. The writing while doing so *did* make me feel less like I just beat down a baby harp seal, and I appreciated that such an option existed. It was just... a pretty frustrating moment, which actually speaks well of the overall story that caused me to care enough to sweat the results of my choice here.

My goal with Mallory is to try to keep her friendship while not getting in the way of the MCs relationship with Jaye.

And, no, I'm not going to dignify your absurd provocation with a response! Hmph!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I have a question. So, I'm currently going through Chapter 3... am I *supposed* to hate Mallory's fucking guts? Because I do. More precisely, I hate when she visits me in my room and I'm left with the option of either sleeping with her or being a complete dick that ruins her attempts at regaining her ability to be intimate with others. I'm okay with her as a friend and companion, but *not* as a fuck-buddy or GF. I already have someone in mind for that, and it IS NOT HER, but the writers keep trying to force her on me and guilt-trip me if I decline. That's some heavy-handed writing, IMO, and not cool.

Sorry. Just needed to vent. Please, carry on now. :p
I don't see the problem here. The MC is given three options on how to handle Mallory's request:
  • Agree to teach her about intimacy. Simple enough.
  • Drop the pretense and accept their feelings for each other. Obviously only of interest to people who fancy Mallory, but it's nice we can make that distinction.
  • Turn her down as gently as possible
Personally, I think that's a pretty good set of responses. As noted, Mallory will only sneak into the MC's room if you have a certain level of trust with her so it makes sense such an MC wouldn't reject her too harshly, but we can still say we're not interested in that kind of relationship with her, at least not at that time. The result is awkward, but that's as it should be and it's not like the relationship with Mallory is irreparably damaged. Meanwhile people who want the sex scene can either keep it strictly 'business' if they don't want to lead Mallory on, or deliberately bring feelings into it if they do want something more with her. Something for everyone.

No, to me the problem with Mallory comes in Chapter 5 when she sneaks back into the MC's room to deal with Amanda. That's when the MC insists on either fucking her or mocking her as she leaves. There's no valid middle ground to ask WTF is going on, which means it's ultimately impossible to differentiate an MC focused on Jaye from an MC who likes Mallory but thinks she's moving to fast (thanks Amanda! :mad:) from an MC who is legitimately angry that Mallory would violate his privacy like that yet again. It's particularly bad since the 'off-ramps' from Mallory's path are a lot less overt than the way we can slam a door in Jaye's face if we don't want to sleep with her.

I'm not sure how the devs are going to dig their way out of this mess, but I'm not feeling especially optimistic.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
It's particularly bad since the 'off-ramps' from Mallory's path are a lot less overt than the way we can slam a door in Jaye's face if we don't want to sleep with her.
I consider this proof that the Mallory path is the one true path.

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I love the lack of self awareness in complain about Mallory being pushed, but being perfectly ok with Jaye's writing. :KEK:
Depends on the perspective. While I totally get what you mean, to me, the way the story is written makes it so that Jaye's romance path makes perfect sense but I can't look at Mallory in any other way than the quirky friend I'd pity bang but never in a million years even consider dating. Also I don't get the feeling either of them is being "pushed" on the players. They are the main love interests and they share an even amount of screentime.

Actually this is one of the rare cases where Patreon rules ended up enhancing the product for me. As someone who doesn't particularly love incest I'm glad there is literally no blood relation between MC and Jaye.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I love the lack of self awareness in complain about Mallory being pushed, but being perfectly ok with Jaye's writing. :KEK:
the reason is that it cannot be denied that Jaye is the absolute protagonist of the story, so that the story pushes towards her is almost 'acceptable', after all, the driving force of the story is precisely this forbidden attraction between the 2.

Mallory is a new acquaintance, who even leaving aside the fact that she appears at the least opportune moment to make friends with a journalist, has this strange habit of entering the MC's room half-naked, regardless of our choices. she jumps out more.

needless to say who would have been the perfect second or third LI

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
the reason is that it cannot be denied that Jaye is the absolute protagonist of the story, so that the story pushes towards her is almost 'acceptable', after all, the driving force of the story is precisely this forbidden attraction between the 2.

Mallory is a new acquaintance, who even leaving aside the fact that she appears at the least opportune moment to make friends with a journalist, has this strange habit of entering the MC's room half-naked, regardless of our choices. she jumps out more.

needless to say who would have been the perfect second or third LI
I've always said it that Tara would have been a better option to be the second LI. She knows both Jaye and MC since forever and her story is intertwined with theirs.

Tara would have been the perfect ice to Jaye's fire.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I don't get this "forbidden attraction" thing. Pardon my ignorance but the only reason incest is forbidden/taboo, as far as I know, is the consequences to offspring of two individuals with identical genetical material. So I cannot, by the life of me, understand how a relationship between two completely unrelated people (in any way that matters) is unhealthy or wrong or "forbidden". If anything, compared to Mallory who is a genetic clone of MC's mother, him banging Jaye is the most fucking natural thing in the world.

Agreed on the Tara thing though. Tara is #1. No question about it. More Tara more better. Always.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrD812
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes