4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah, but they took almost all of December off, so it's still 4 months of development time. 2k renders in 4 months is insane pace, considering that they aren't even working on it full time. :unsure:
Don't defend these milkers.
  1. They haven't shown this site any gratitude for their (limited) success.
  2. They arrogantly abandoned this thread.
  3. Taking time off over the holidays was a choice. They could have made a different one.
  4. Working on their VN part-time is a choice. They could make a different one.
  5. They're actively trying to lock us out of their download servers.
  6. The best girls aren't even LIs.
  7. 2000 renders over five months is only 13.3 per day.
  8. As of Chapter 6, there are only like 17 lewd scenes in the whole game: It shouldn't even be on here.
There's no excuse. Lots of newer devs drop content damn near weekly.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
  3. Taking time off over the holidays was a choice. They could have made a different one.
  8. As of Chapter 6, there are only like 17 lewd scenes in the whole game: It shouldn't even be on here.
1. If you are stealing their bandwith wich they pay for and then argue with the devs. You shouldn't be surprised the dev doesn't want anything to do with this thread.
2. they are active on different parts of social media and then i'm excluding patreon and steam.
3. why? they have families If you are a developer and have kids and people say to you work on the game don't spend christmas with them. What would you say??.
4. You think people make buckets of money with VN's. sure if you have 2500 paying subscribers on patreon. Never heard of buying daz3d licenses, music, taxes, animations and i can keep going on
5. buy the game on steam it's 8$ and you get access to the whole game. including future updates.
6. So what. What kind of a point is that. It's not a democracy.
7. Ok you why don't you try it? Set up a scene in daz3d and render it out. I tried it on 3060 12gb it takes 5 hours and 20 minutes to render out a 4k scene.
8. Why are you so mad. If you need someone to talk to there are hotlines that you can call for free
(like this one 1-800-950-6264 google the number you seem to need it )

I get content weekly just because you don't see it. doesn't mean it isn't there

Last edited:

Dankmemer

Jul 15, 2017
Finally an actual post calling out these milkers, and not just roleplaying or circlejerking in this thread

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I very rarely make posts like this, but I just can't look the other way on this one...

awe, boo who, someone call the Waaambulance! Another little punk on a pirate site is crying because people who create content to sell are trying to make it harder for his entitled little ass to steal from them...
If you want access, it isn't that expensive. Pay for it.
What a little bitch!

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
If you have So many issues with Chasing Sunsets - why are you here?

Feel free to leave this thread and go praise those newer devs on their threads and those of us who actually appreciate this story will stay to enjoy it.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
If you have So many issues with Chasing Sunsets - why are you here?

Feel free to go praise those newer devs on their threads and those of us who actually appreciate this story will stay to enjoy it.
I've been here (and a patron) from the beginning. :ROFLMAO:

I was being ironic over the implication that 5 months since the last update is somehow an egregious breach of faith.

That aside, I would be hard pressed to classify a dev who offers half of their game as a free demo and the whole thing on launch day for $1 as "milkers."

But clearly some do!

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
This fucking post is low-key one of the most hilarious things I've read on here. The fact that multiple people took this seriously boggles my mind.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I've been here (and a patron) from the beginning. :ROFLMAO:

I was being ironic over the implication that 5 months since the last update is somehow an egregious breach of faith.

That aside, I would be hard pressed to classify a dev who offers half of their game as a free demo and the whole thing on launch day for $1 as "milkers."

But clearly some do!
Maybe you should have add an /s in your post:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I mean, this line alone should have been a big enough hint :)
"There's no excuse. Lots of newer devs drop content damn near weekly."
I'd love to know these imaginary devs who drop content weekly :ROFLMAO:
I can name at least one who started that way and got so burnt out that now he is accused of being a milker quite frequently, but at first he dropped new content every Friday. they were very short, but over the course of 3 months it was about the same amount of content and if you had waited for a larger update.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Weekly might be pushing it but there are several that drop updates every 2 weeks.
In my view, it's simply one of many sliders devs balance. I'm sure Stone Fox, Drifty, Philly, or Digi could drop smaller updates more often, at the cost of making their games feel less episodic.

There are zero devs dropping content updates of their size and quality every two weeks.

There are devs I support and respect greatly who drop updates very regularly...ArcGames among them, but the updates are generally so small I only download them every third month or so.

Reactions: boobsrcool
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes