4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
I will concede this point. I thought her reaction was a bit odd, as it seemed MC and Tara were friendly, so why wouldn't he have her number, she's even the one that took him to the airport, but on a second viewing it appears I missed him claiming he didn't have her number at first. So yeah, adds a bit of fuel to there having been something going on we aren't aware of.
I don't think they are involved at all, it was Tara that told Jaye she was weird for spending all her time with MC when they were kids, it was Tara that drove MC to the flight that took him out of Jaye's life and I'm willing to bet it was Tara that blocked MC's # on Jaye's phone! We also have hints at Tara & Jaye being somewhat intimate. I think that Tara wants Jaye to herself not MC.

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
The MC completely showed how much he cared for her at that graduation party and then abandoned his entire family for years! He threw away any chance he had of pursuing Jaye all on his own.

Most of the people hating on Jaye simply seem to ignore the parts of the story where MC, though his actions, gave Jaye EVERY reason to believe he didn't care about her the way she cared about him.

As kids he started ignoring her, ruining the friendship that they had that they both clearly cherished.

After the incident in the house with Rapeyface McGee, he didn't even ask questions and simply condemned her for having sex.

After the grad party, he fucking left without a word, preventing any kind of reconciliation.

She's carrying a lot of justified anger and resentment here! Lol
she heard the conversation he had with the parents so she knew why he did it, he left because it was making everyone miserable, i also don't think most people would be cold headed enough to "talk it out" after those two situations, so he distanced himself from her as a kid to let her have a social life and she knows it, she hits him for protecting her, from how i understood it he reads her diary in the first place because she wasn't talking about what was wrong. not saying he is right 100%, but i would call much of the issues she had with him self-inflicted.

While I won't give away plot details for the coming story, I will say that Chapter 1 ends where the Prologue was originally intended to end. The story paths begin to diverge in earnest in the next chapter. That said, this game differs from many in this genre in the sense that the girls and how you resolve their arcs are ancillary to the main story, but are not the story in and of themselves.

That's not to say they are not intertwined. It will be difficult to achieve a happy ending where you haven't built at least a trust relationship with the characters in your orbit.

With the primaries now effectively living at the same location, it would be impossible to suspend disbelief that there wouldn't be long-overdue conversations early in the next chapter.
please don't bring Rapey McFuckface to the yacht, thanks.
That's what it literally says in the game, I didn't make this up.
first george notices something while looking towards the heli, then mc does the same, so at least to me it seems more like they saw something, its just happens that the mc called him by one of his "features" avoiding saying his name, if i am wrong and it was actually the smell then they missed the fact that the heli would blow any smell away.

who would bring their rapist to the will reading of their parent who by all accounts wanted him dead

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
The mystery of who blocked the phone number? George (shitty lawyer) did it.
When the MC asked how the lawyer knew he was in Aspen, he said that the phone was paid for by the trust fund and he had access to it - the same would be true for Jaye's phone, he could have blocked MC's number without Jaye knowing.
George organised all the travel plans, he could easily arrange to have "trash boyfriend" travel with Jaye without first telling her.
And why did George have MC and Mallory travel in separate planes from the same airport - very strange behaviour unless he wanted to keep them apart once they realised they both had an interest in the will (Mallory must be mentioned in the will in some way - otherwise why have her attend?).
Have you noticed that George looks like Jeff Bezos?? obviously a villain.
I think George has an interest in keeping MC and Jaye antagonistic - he is playing a game with everybody.

Mistake noticed - MC visited his parents grave 3 months after the funeral, but the date on the grave was Sept 2020, and the visit took place 14-15 months ago.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The scenes with Erica and Linda are nice, the flahback thing not so much. Flashbacks are fine but if the game is jumping to different periods every 5 minutes it can become confusing.

Jul 5, 2019
I don't think they are involved at all, it was Tara that told Jaye she was weird for spending all her time with MC when they were kids, it was Tara that drove MC to the flight that took him out of Jaye's life and I'm willing to bet it was Tara that blocked MC's # on Jaye's phone! We also have hints at Tara & Jaye being somewhat intimate. I think that Tara wants Jaye to herself not MC.
It was some other girl (Jenna) that said that to Jaye. Tara was definitely defending Jaye in that scene.

TomPhan

Jan 1, 2019
first george notices something while looking towards the heli, then mc does the same, so at least to me it seems more like they saw something, its just happens that the mc called him by one of his "features" avoiding saying his name, if i am wrong and it was actually the smell then they missed the fact that the heli would blow any smell away.

who would bring their rapist to the will reading of their parent who by all accounts wanted him dead
Here's the exact dialogue at the end of the episode:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I guess the idea is that this happens after the rotor of the heli stopped... Anyway, it is indeed supposed to be the smell that triggers the MC. There's no implication that George or him saw anyone apart from Jaye.

Reactions: Glooskabe

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
I don't think they are involved at all, it was Tara that told Jaye she was weird for spending all her time with MC when they were kids..
It wasn't Tara, it was the other girl - Jenna - Tara was just bystanding, even claiming that she doesn't talk about her brother the same way.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
"It's not what it looks like" to sister after Mallory kiss. Come on man are you really gonna justify yourself to her?
That's actually the worst part of it. For people that like her, fine. However, for people that don't like her, we are all still forced to Simp for her. I've never liked her since the prologue, I don't care how conflicted she is, she's unbelievably self-centered. It's all about her needs, did she care at all about what the MC was feeling when she gave him the silent treatment for 10 years just for giving her some space and that it was her fist flying hissy fit that drove the MC away. :rolleyes:

For me she can do whatever the F she likes, but forcing us to simp for her is beyond annoying. If we can stop doing that and be left to pursue other girls of our choice in peace, I'd actually be ok with it.

PhoneResponse.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: Due to some confusion below, this is how I'd want to respond. It's not a mod.

Last edited:

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
I hope the dev did not forget this girl
She is hot, yet she threw one of the most ridiculous insults you could find in Spanish... "que te den" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
When translated, all possible insults are eliminated, I imagine it was translated from "fuck you"

Anything is better than that...
Vete a la mierda imbécil!
La puta que te pario!
Pinche pendejo!
Maldito maricón!

dopey80

May 29, 2017
I had high hopes for this one when it came out. They've been disappointed with this update; Jaye is unreasonable and petulant, thus is coming across as an almost entirely unsympathetic character. And I swear if that cliffhanger isn't a misdirect, the game and saves are going straight in the recycle bin. It beggars belief and logic.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
So the story is about not getting with the step sister but then the reporter who he does do things with is going to turn out to be his actual sister, taken by the divorced dad who then killed himself?

Dec 9, 2020
That's actually the worst part of it. For people that like her, fine. However, for people that don't like her, we are all still forced to Simp for her. I've never liked her since the prologue, I don't care how conflicted she is, she's unbelievably self-centered. Heck, even at the funeral she's still thinking "how can you not be here on the one day I need you the most." It's all about her needs nevermind that her fist flying hissy fit is what drove the MC away. :rolleyes:

For me she can do whatever the F she likes, but forcing us to simp for her is beyond annoying. If we can stop doing that and be left to pursue other girls of our choice in peace, I'd actually be ok with it.

View attachment 1027139
Wait, is that pic from the mod installed?
Because this is what I got from base game, why would they change that?

Untitled.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: xbinhoux
Dec 29, 2018
I'm glad that Mallory was added to the story, because the game desperately needed a good alternative love interest after Tara was completely wasted on Jaye. Tara had a crush on the main character as a kid, but didn't make a move on him because she was worried that Jaye wouldn't like it. She gets super turned on if the MC decks the skeezy scumbag at the party, and she apparently goes to check up on him afterwards, but we never see what happens with them. Instead, we get stuck with Jaye reminiscing about the time she had sex with Tara. We later learn that Linda wasn't the first woman the MC slept with, so maybe that's supposed to hint at him and Tara hooking up before he left? That would explain why he has her number (and why he tries to deny it in front of Jaye), but not why we didn't get to see them together. Either way, the main character skips town and Tara stays with Jaye. So that whole setup of her crushing on him led to nothing.

I can't stand Jaye. The main character avoids her for a couple of days, and she ends up treating him like shit for years. The dude even apologized and explained why he did it, yet that just made her angrier. The fact that Jaye hits him at the party seems to be ignored because she was too weak to actually injure him, but physical abuse is one of the best reasons you could ever find to not get involved with someone. Not that we even needed such a good reason to never want to be with her, as she was already proven to be a vindictive control freak long before that.

dopey80

May 29, 2017
I think you guys jump the gun, the +1 is probably Tara, I mean if Jaye do invite the person going to rape her, by all mean, ignore her dumbass, but for now, I think you guys overreact.
The only +1 that would make sense is Tara and the MC wouldn't mind that. The cliffhanger is either piss poor writing/plotting (and this update has some major issues there), cheap drama, or edgelording; possibly all three.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes