4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

doyathink

Nov 3, 2019
Really loving this, easily into my top 5. Don't have any preferences or suggestions of where I'd like it to go, just happy to go along for the ride.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
He gave her space to make friends, she turned that into anger against him, would rather spend time with Christian than support her brothers game and then gets angry when she unloads on him and he leaves to give her more space.
Yup what he did was actually good for Jaye and he wanted the best for her but just suddenly abandoning someone who is so close to you is not right in any aspect.

Yup she was angry and it was sorta right I mean when someone who is this close just straight up abandons you without telling you anything, this is kinda dick move
She still went to every basketball game MC was playing in

And for Christian, she is a free girl, it isn't wrong if she decides to spend some time with a guy other than MC when there was close to zero contact b/w MC and her for years

You can't really expect someone to be there for you after years of hatred b/w, what happened was bound to happen sooner or later
MC is not God, she is not a nun, I think you expect total devotion kinda thing
I hate Christian as much as everyone here but if not Christian someone else then, it was inevitable

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Mallory was told to come along by George. She's part of it all. Besides that what reason does the MC have for not taking her along?

She's done nothing to him. She wasn't a complete bitch to him like his sister was.
Yeah I read it has her being his +1 when George said here comes Jaye with her +1. Like they each got a +1. But admitted I forgot it was Georges decision for other reasons early.

Thinking about it more, I'm still on the fence about the whole plus one, it's like way does Jaye get one be he doesn't. He was never told he can bring one, nor was he given any choice in the matter. Maybe she wasn't too. I still can't think of any reason for a Jaye +1 other than to create drama. Unless we discover she's had a long term relationship in the 5 years he's been gone. A will reading is not like a wedding where you just bring a causal date because you can.

Reactions: Dependable_223

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
You keep forgetting she wanted to talk to him and tell him everything and was going to do so the day after the graduation party but he ran away.
Every time she's tried to have a conversation with him after that, he's run away or avoided it in one form or another.
As I said she should have gone after him that night but instead she decided to go and rub one out and leave her friend/girlfriend to clean up her mess. I get you're a fan of her but you keep defending her actions when they've overall been worse than the MC's. He has every right to stay away when she's mostly treated him like crap and tried to hurt him at every opportunity. Plus she keeps expecting the conversation between them to happen on her terms instead of taking into account the MC's feelings about the matter.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
You keep forgetting she wanted to talk to him and tell him everything and was going to do so the day after the graduation party but he ran away.
Every time she's tried to have a conversation with him after that, he's run away or avoided it in one form or another.
That's the thing. She never stopped to consider if he was ready to talk to her. I mean, after basically telling him that you didn't want him around you, what do you expect him to do? Pretty sure most people would distance themselves from her after that, even if they did not move away like MC. All of those other times, he was simply not ready to speak to her. She cannot dictate to him when to have a conversation about everything. He cannot automatically be ready for that when she calls. I'm pretty sure that most people would have cut her off at this point, honestly.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yup what he did was actually good for Jaye and he wanted the best for her but just suddenly abandoning someone who is so close to you is not right in any aspect.

Yup she was angry and it was sorta right I mean when someone who is this close just straight up abandons you without telling you anything, this is kinda dick move
She still went to every basketball game MC was playing in

And for Christian, she is a free girl, it isn't wrong if she decides to spend some time with a guy other than MC when there was close to zero contact b/w MC and her for years

You can't really expect someone to be there for you after years of hatred b/w, what happened was bound to happen sooner or later
MC is not God, she is not a nun, I think you expect total devotion kinda thing
I hate Christian as much as everyone here but if not Christian someone else then, it was inevitable
I don't expect a nun, I don't care if she was banging the whole street at the same time.

I can't self insert as the MC, i'm the wrong gender for that so the whole jealousy thing doesn't work on me. Besides that i'm not a jealous person anyway, as long as everyone concerned consents I don't care who fucks who.

One of the LI's is a married woman and i'm pretty sure Mallory isn't a blushing virgin.

My point about Christian was that game was important to him and she blew him off to fuck some guy not only some guy but someone her brother already disliked. That would have hurt anyone. If it had been another guy the only problem would have been her missing an important game which he would eventually get over.

What I don't expect is every .. single .. scene involving a certain character to turn into a complete bitch fit.

One minute she's begging for her brother back the next she's acting like a complete twat because a woman kissed him.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Naxos and Skylaroo, I repeatedly read you write about Jaye tried to communicate with MC. What do you think a conversation would look like at the funeral, in the Aspen, or in the coffee shop? After years of constant conflict that has crossed the line, repeatedly scolds berating whenever words get space and time. No wonder MC ran away from nagging wife sister.
I'd say you're projecting your bias against Jaye and expecting the worst possible outcome. If the conversation at any of those points was going to be so bad, how is any future one suddenly going to be any better.

Obviously in your mind there is no possible solution so we may as well just can the whole story and move onto something else. Or make the whole thing about the destruction of any future possible relationship, turning them into mortal enemies and watching the company their parents build go down in the flames.

How about the conversation starts with an apology from both of them. MC for running away, Jaye for acting like a bitch and pushing him away. I've repeatedly said Jaye is not blameless, but she's the only one trying to repair the relationship. Everyone one on team anti-jay is going on about her outbursts and ignoring her attempts at healing while thinking the MC smells like roses because he's trying to whats best for her. Bull fucking shit, he's only trying to do what's easiest for him. If he really wanted what was best for her, he'd at least respond to attempts at reconciliation instead of pushing her away every time.

There is nothing that can convince me he's the good guy in this.

For what it's worth I hated Jaye at the end of the prologue, but seeing how he's treated her in the 5 years and months since the funeral I've totally reversed my opinion and loath the mc. But hey I like a good redemption story. If the devs allow it, they will both be redeemed on my play through.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Not sure about Tara yet, depends how much she's tied in with Jaye. I want to have as little interaction with Jaye as possible, I doubt the story will let me ignore her completely so i'll settle for minimal contact.
I think you'll be happy. From what I've read there will certainly be a route where you can be cold to Jaye and not reconcile with her.

Of course I hope you try the other routes too thought and change your mind.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Wait people are saying the MC abandoned Jaye? Way, I remember it...
View attachment 1027608
View attachment 1027609
MC did exactly as she asked.

"Wait that was just a temper tantrum, she didn't really mean it!"

Indeed, but then she should be the one to call him and apologize in the intervening 5 years, no? Not vice versa.

Now some may be ok with enduring her 10+5 years of alternate silent treatment, temper tantrums, outbursts and insults (Captain Starfucker :rolleyes: ) and feel that the MC should always come and listen to her whenever she feels like it...and that's perfectly fine.

Others think it's way past time to move on (this is not hate) and avoid her drama as much as possible. Personally, I find Mallory way better company.
Ok so he just publicly outted her for being almost raped. You know how many woman feel embarrassed and shamed by rape or attempted rape right? But he out's her in front of all her family and a few friends. She's obviously angry and embarrassed and lashes out.
You expect a hurt, angry and publicly humilated (even though she did nothing wrong, thats how most woman react to rape or attempted rape, as far as I know) teenage to really mean what they say?

Plus in the first year after leaving... she repeateded pleaded for him to come home. He just ignored her. Go back and read him telling it to the bar keep. The parents eventually accepted it, Jaye turned to pleading. Yeah total bitch right, pleading for you brother to come home. while it doesn't say explicitly she apologised, I can't see how anyone can plead without apologizing as well.

Jaye 6 - 0 Mc (times reached out so or Jaye asking him to return) What a cunt right?

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
I don't expect a nun, I don't care if she was banging the whole street at the same time.

I can't self insert as the MC, i'm the wrong gender for that so the whole jealousy thing doesn't work on me. Besides that i'm not a jealous person anyway, as long as everyone concerned consents I don't care who fucks who.

One of the LI's is a married woman and i'm pretty sure Mallory isn't a blushing virgin.

My point about Christian was that game was important to him and she blew him off to fuck some guy not only some guy but someone her brother already disliked. That would have hurt anyone. If it had been another guy the only problem would have been her missing an important game which he would eventually get over.

What I don't expect is every .. single .. scene involving a certain character to turn into a complete bitch fit.

One minute she's begging for her brother back the next she's acting like a complete twat because a woman kissed him.
I still don't understand the hatred for Jaye before this update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
She definitely doesn't deserver this much hate
agree to disagree

Reactions: Naxos

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
As I said she should have gone after him that night but instead she decided to go and rub one out and leave her friend/girlfriend to clean up her mess.
I 100% agree with this, for me this was the worst thing she's done (yes I know most will dissagree). That made me hate her in the progloue.

Edit: I know this is me projecting my real life into it, but there is no way I'd ever leave my family thinking it was for the best for them if they asked me to in a moment of anger, unless I'd done something really terrible where leaving was the best. Just because they where hurt by an action I'd taken. e.g. If one of my bother inlaws laid a finger on my sisters I'd beat the shit out of him. I wouldn't leave then because my sister was angry or hurt I'd done that.

That's the thing. She never stopped to consider if he was ready to talk to her. I mean, after basically telling him that you didn't want him around you, what do you expect him to do? Pretty sure most people would distance themselves from her after that, even if they did not move away like MC. All of those other times, he was simply not ready to speak to her. She cannot dictate to him when to have a conversation about everything. He cannot automatically be ready for that when she calls. I'm pretty sure that most people would have cut her off at this point, honestly.
He's had 5 years since telling him she didn't want him around. He gave her plenty of distance. He'd actually decided before that night he was leaving anyway. Even if she hadn't reacted the way she did and hadn't told him the next day, he'd have left sooner or later. He told the barkeep that as well, that he'd decided before the party he was leaving. Not saying it would have been like it was, just that he was already leaving.

100% agree he as a right to talk to her when he's ready, but then be a decent human about it and tell her you're not ready.
After the lawyer Jaye wants to talk, he doesn't (fair enough). No "Jaye I'm not ready" just walks away without a word.
She wants to fly out to Aspen. "My boss is calling, I'll call you back", he never calls back.
All of it could be solved by a conversation or even the mc being a decent person and saying he's not ready.

Anyway this has been fun. Jaye is the best :p and you're all wrong. No I admit she's got a lot of shit to make up for, but in my books the MC has just as much if not more. I'm looking forward to them working it out. But now I have to do some work.

Last edited:

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It's not about her being with Christian. It's the fact that she stopped Tara from asking him out, and acted and proceeded in jealousy in relation to such matters. It's also about the timing of her considering getting intimate with Christian. She chose to invite him to her house on the day of MC's biggest game. Do you not see anything wrong with that?
You know she didn't stop Tara right? Go back to the diary... she told Tara it was ok for her to ask him out, but Tara knew she was lying. Unless there was another instance later I missed.

Reactions: The the Guy

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I'd say you're projecting your bias against Jaye and expecting the worst possible outcome. If the conversation at any of those points was going to be so bad, how is any future one suddenly going to be any better.

Obviously in your mind there is no possible solution so we may as well just can the whole story and move onto something else. Or make the whole thing about the destruction of any future possible relationship, turning them into mortal enemies and watching the company their parents build go down in the flames.

How about the conversation starts with an apology from both of them. MC for running away, Jaye for acting like a bitch and pushing him away. I've repeatedly said Jaye is not blameless, but she's the only one trying to repair the relationship. Everyone one on team anti-jay is going on about her outbursts and ignoring her attempts at healing while thinking the MC smells like roses because he's trying to whats best for her. Bull fucking shit, he's only trying to do what's easiest for him. If he really wanted what was best for her, he'd at least respond to attempts at reconciliation instead of pushing her away every time.

There is nothing that can convince me he's the good guy in this.

For what it's worth I hated Jaye at the end of the prologue, but seeing how he's treated her in the 5 years and months since the funeral I've totally reversed my opinion and loath the mc. But hey I like a good redemption story. If the devs allow it, they will both be redeemed on my play through.
Tell me how is she trying to repair anything with MC? By cuting him of because MC decided to give her space so she can have some friends, by pushing him away and telling him to stay as far as possible, by blocking his contact and all of sudden acting like "Why didn't you call me?" only to figure "Hey i blocked you while ago", by constantly aproaching MC negativelly and all hostile, giving him bad names like "Starfucker" if i'm not mistaken. And later on being jellaous of MC kissing Mall and bringing one possible individual that MC totally dislikes. In fact i'm sure its him and she's doing that on purpose to make him angry. So no she didn't do anything significant to repair their relations but is constantly acting childish and imature. This kind of behaviour i could understand from a kid but when you grow up and refuse to change and stop hostile bs towards MC, that's simply bitchy in my book. And why does she care at all if MC kissed Mall? Its not like Jaye and MC were together in one point, they're not even friends. MC doesn't owe her coffee, to hang out with her or anything at all to this matter. All MC did was what Jaye asked him and that's to stay away from her. He acted more mature for avoiding further fights, although i think he went to far when leaving the house.

The only times i could blame MC was :

1. Reading diary of Jaye

2. Reading her messages from her phone

and that's the only times i could give him a blame and where he's totally guilty.

Also i want to state that i'm not on "Anti-Jaye" team. I do hope things will sort out. I don't think she's bad person, choices she made were bad.

M'95

May 17, 2019
Lol @ all these (TeamMC, TeamJaye) champions, they (MC and Jaye) are both flawed, that's one of the things that makes this emotional trainwreck such a great story (to me).

This VN is like bungee jumping or a rollercoaster, don't go thinking about everything that could go wrong, just enjoy the ride :)

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
It's not about her being with Christian. It's the fact that she stopped Tara from asking him out, and acted and proceeded in jealousy in relation to such matters. It's also about the timing of her considering getting intimate with Christian. She chose to invite him to her house on the day of MC's biggest game. Do you not see anything wrong with that?
reached my reaction limit for the day so can't like your post but here ya go(y)

and I don't think or ever said that Jaye is in the right.
as I've said many times before its just a failure of communication

She has done/still does stupid shit, but doesn't deserves this much hate

Oct 2, 2020
Ok so he just publicly outted her for being almost raped. You know how many woman feel embarrassed and shamed by rape or attempted rape right? But he out's her in front of all her family and a few friends. She's obviously angry and embarrassed and lashes out.
You expect a hurt, angry and publicly humilated (even though she did nothing wrong, thats how most woman react to rape or attempted rape, as far as I know) teenage to really mean what they say?

Plus in the first year after leaving... she repeateded pleaded for him to come home. He just ignored her. Go back and read him telling it to the bar keep. The parents eventually accepted it, Jaye turned to pleading. Yeah total bitch right, pleading for you brother to come home. while it doesn't say explicitly she apologised, I can't see how anyone can plead without apologizing as well.

Jaye 6 - 0 Mc (times reached out so or Jaye asking him to return) What a cunt right?
But why is she getting from almost raped to invite him to a graduation party? That is stupid in my opinion.
It is something fishy with George guy, didn't he make MC to lay low at the funeral.
If is that rapey guy on helicopter, my MC is boarding a helicopter and he is on his way to Palermo. :ROFLMAO:

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I still don't understand the hatred for Jaye before this update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
She definitely doesn't deserver this much hate
agree to disagree
They could've toned down some of her attitude. Giving MC petty nicknames makes her look kind of like vindictive child. Or that scene with Mallory. Would've made writing more consistent.
But she's not as bad as some make it. Maybe I've been spoiled by those Revenga bitches.

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Yeah and you might have seen that based on her reaction he did know he might have overstepped a boundary and that based upon that reaction when he reacted out of his anger that the asshole tried to rape his sister and was there, his own feelings for her and that past he decided to get out of her life and the life of his parents he loved. To make that as painless as possible also for himself he acted quickly on that decision that was made while he was angry and hurt himself as well, whoever was in the right at that moment.

Trying to leave his sister that he loved with her life intact and loved ones around her and without him that she did not want into her life anymore as far as he could see. In a way he sacrificed himself again for her, basically he just gave up on being able to have a loving relation with her at that moment and did not want to have to look at her and share her life while being forced to the sideline but tried by moving away to rebuild a life for himself without her in which he failed since he never did move on.

What was he supposed to have done after she told him that and tried to hit them with their past together, crawl away as a hurt puppy waiting for her to finally stroke him lovingly instead of hitting him and beg that she would ever want to talk to him again ad get hurt over and over? How was he to know she decided to postpone talking to him till next day since she had to rub out one, he had no reason to expect that with their past. Best he could expect based on their past was the cold shoulder treatment for years.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes