4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
I see people say they don't understand the hate but I haven't seen a single person name 1 likeable quality she had.
I don't hate her I just feel apathy towards her. Her mistakes are made because she can't keep her feelings under control whereas MC's biggest faults are either refusing to engage with her at all or running away from the issue because he's worried about making things worse for her. Out of the the two it's hard to side with her because she either can't or won't approach the situation with MC like a mature human being. I'd feel constantly on edge with someone that goes from hot to cold as quickly as she does so I can see why the MC is keeping his distance.

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
They could've toned down some of her attitude. Giving MC petty nicknames makes her look kind of like vindictive child. Or that scene with Mallory. Would've made writing more consistent.
But she's not as bad as some make it. Maybe I've been spoiled by those Revenga bitches.
(y)
I don't hate her I just feel apathy towards her. Her mistakes are made because she can't keep her feelings under control whereas MC's biggest faults are either refusing to engage with her at all or running away from the issue because he's worried about making things worse for her. Out of the the two it's hard to side with her because she either can't or won't approach the situation with MC like a human being. I'd feel constantly on edge with someone that goes from hot to cold as quickly as she does so I can see why the MC is keeping his distance.
(y)

fuck reaction limit:HideThePain:

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I'd say you're projecting your bias against Jaye and expecting the worst possible outcome. If the conversation at any of those points was going to be so bad, how is any future one suddenly going to be any better.

Obviously in your mind there is no possible solution so we may as well just can the whole story and move onto something else. Or make the whole thing about the destruction of any future possible relationship, turning them into mortal enemies and watching the company their parents build go down in the flames.

How about the conversation starts with an apology from both of them. MC for running away, Jaye for acting like a bitch and pushing him away. I've repeatedly said Jaye is not blameless, but she's the only one trying to repair the relationship. Everyone one on team anti-jay is going on about her outbursts and ignoring her attempts at healing while thinking the MC smells like roses because he's trying to whats best for her. Bull fucking shit, he's only trying to do what's easiest for him. If he really wanted what was best for her, he'd at least respond to attempts at reconciliation instead of pushing her away every time.

There is nothing that can convince me he's the good guy in this.

For what it's worth I hated Jaye at the end of the prologue, but seeing how he's treated her in the 5 years and months since the funeral I've totally reversed my opinion and loath the mc. But hey I like a good redemption story. If the devs allow it, they will both be redeemed on my play through.
No, none of my projections. For me, at this moment, Jaye is gorgeous redhead which standing with a torch in her hand next to the last bridge. She pretends to want to heal their relationship, but every time she just sets fire to another bridge. I'm going to answer you quite specifically to the question I asked:

Funeral: Jaye begins to resent him for not calling her (when she blocked him), a scene, a scandal instead of a peaceful funeral.
Aspen: Linda/Erica is leaning on MC on some occasion. Jaye explodes with jealousy and begins to blame him about his ran away from her then and now.
Mallory's kiss was no accident. Mallory would like to kiss MC anyway, even if she had to go to the coffee shop to see him. But maybe it wouldn't come to her, because Jaye always finds a reason to argue with MC.

Let's see how much more she's got in store, because if I read the pattern right, our heroes are expecting

long voyage from Tuvalu to the USA. I'm sure we'll see flashbacks, and there might be a stop on the way, like Hawaii. During the cruise, we will be have company of already introdueced the passengers on board, plus the characters that the developers will introduce to us during the next update. Then only Princess Romy if she joins us during cruise.

MC will have plenty of time to hear all his sins, and eventually they will get to other topics and the healing of their relationship. Almost rapist will assist them during it truly. Can you see it now, a month-long cruise with the girls/girls you love on the same boat with almost rapist?

In the middle of the Pacific, in international waters where human laws do not apply, this would be a place suitable for discovering the forbidden fruit among siblings. But there's going to be this guy ...

It was written, that Tara is not LI. It makes sense if he's not on the boat.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think you'll be happy. From what I've read there will certainly be a route where you can be cold to Jaye and not reconcile with her.

Of course I hope you try the other routes too thought and change your mind.
I'm all for arcs that change my mind. If the writing is good enough to get me invested enough to dislike a character I don't doubt it can do the opposite.

My issue with Jaye is she's was an angry and jealous person before he left and she's still an angry and jealous person 5 years later. There hasn't been any sign of growth.

I don't think the MC is a saint by any means either, for one he's banging a married woman and will likely steal her away in at least one of my playthroughs.

I do maintain that leaving was the right thing to do and I would have done the same in that situation.

They were never going to get along. They hadn't ever managed to fix things in all the time they lived together and they both would have gone their separate ways a couple of months later anyway. They were both moving to different towns.

They both have their own lives to live and just don't mix well together.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
She did. She may not have done it verbally, but I'm sure Tara picked up on other signals that showed her that she was not ok with it. Besides being friends with benefits, Tara is also her best friend. I'm pretty sure that she can read her well.
Fuck I can't get away. I swear I need to turn off this pc and run.
You can't blame Jaye for that. They both had feelings for the MC, Tara chose not to act on them because she valued her friendship with Jaye more. What was Jaye supposed to do? End her friendship with her best and only friend so Tara could hook up with the MC. That's a stretch to blame Jaye for that.

She told Tara it was ok.
Tara knew she like the MC so chose not to.
Tara knew she liked the MC and Tara liked the mc so Tara got sexy time with Jaye.
Tara is a bitch :p :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually semi joking. I must admit this is one of my biggest be peeves, bi-sexual woman who both love the MC, know the other loves (likes) the mc and get it on with each other instead of the MC, but that is going OT. It's cheap and tacky and lazy.

In full sincerity that wrote Tara out of my story for the MC as far as possible where I have control.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
No, none of my projections. For me, at this moment, Jaye is gorgeous redhead which standing with a torch in her hand next to the last bridge. She pretends to want to heal their relationship, but every time she just sets fire to another bridge. I'm going to answer you quite specifically to the question I asked:

Funeral: Jaye begins to resent him for not calling her (when she blocked him), a scene, a scandal instead of a peaceful funeral.
Aspen: Linda/Erica is leaning on MC on some occasion. Jaye explodes with jealousy and begins to blame him about his ran away from her then and now.
Mallory's kiss was no accident. Mallory would like to kiss MC anyway, even if she had to go to the coffee shop to see him. But maybe it wouldn't come to her, because Jaye always finds a reason to argue with MC.

Let's see how much more she's got in store, because if I read the pattern right, our heroes are expecting

long voyage from Tuvalu to the USA. I'm sure we'll see flashbacks, and there might be a stop on the way, like Hawaii. During the cruise, we will be have company of already introdueced the passengers on board, plus the characters that the developers will introduce to us during the next update. Then only Princess Romy if she joins us during cruise.

MC will have plenty of time to hear all his sins, and eventually they will get to other topics and the healing of their relationship. Almost rapist will assist them during it truly. Can you see it now, a month-long cruise with the girls/girls you love on the same boat with almost rapist?

In the middle of the Pacific, in international waters where human laws do not apply, this would be a place suitable for discovering the forbidden fruit among siblings. But there's going to be this guy ...

It was written, that Tara is not LI. It makes sense if he's not on the boat.
Carrying an attempted rapist with her on international waters where laws don't apply. What could go wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Yeah and you might have seen that based on her reaction he did know he might have overstepped a boundary and that based upon that reaction when he reacted out of his anger that the asshole tried to rape his sister and was there, his own feelings for her and that past he decided to get out of her life and the life of his parents he loved. To make that as painless as possible also for himself he acted quickly on that decision that was made while he was angry and hurt himself as well, whoever was in the right at that moment.

Trying to leave his sister that he loved with her life intact and loved ones around her and without him that she did not want into her life anymore as far as he could see. In a way he sacrificed himself again for her, basically he just gave up on being able to have a loving relation with her at that moment and did not want to have to look at her and share her life while being forced to the sideline but tried by moving away to rebuild a life for himself without her in which he failed since he never did move on.

What was he supposed to have done after she told him that and tried to hit them with their past together, crawl away as a hurt puppy waiting for her to finally stroke him lovingly instead of hitting him and beg that she would ever want to talk to him again ad get hurt over and over? How was he to know she decided to postpone talking to him till next day since she had to rub out one, he had no reason to expect that with their past. Best he could expect based on their past was the cold shoulder treatment for years.
Hey man, just wanted to say is good to see you here. My "Intertwined" man.

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
I'm all for arcs that change my mind. If the writing is good enough to get me invested enough to dislike a character I don't doubt it can do the opposite.

My issue with Jaye is she's was an angry and jealous person before he left and she's still an angry and jealous person 5 years later. There hasn't been any sign of growth.

I don't think the MC is a saint by any means either, for one he's banging a married woman and will likely steal her away in at least one of my playthroughs.

I do maintain that leaving was the right thing to do and I would have done the same in that situation.

They were never going to get along. They hadn't ever managed to fix things in all the time they lived together and they both would have gone their separate ways a couple of months later anyway. They were both moving to different towns.

They both have their own lives to live and just don't mix well together.
I feel the same way so far. Even if you choose the love and trust options with her during conversations after the funeral she still ends up treating the MC like shit. Other than the scenes between them when they first met they just don't seem to mix well. MC has better chemistry with Linda, Erica and a supposed stranger in Mallory than he has with a girl he grew up with.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Carrying an attempted rapist with her on international waters where laws don't apply. What could go wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A proven attempted rapist, yeah what is he doing in her life anyway after that? It is not like if she kept him away all those years she could suddenly have him turn up at a moments notice. Now it is Jaye's life, but what does that say about her and her priorities during those years? Now ok I am male so maybe I do not get some things, but if someone had tried to rape me and proven she disrespected my boundaries I would not have her in my life or would have even taken her to a party later on even to hurt someone I would want to hurt.

If he was not a part of her life last 5 years and she specifically hunted him down to bring along for this situation, well that would also be telling. A no win situation for making my MC liking her more or have any feeling they might be able to patch things up instead of her just causing more drama and pain for my MC and unless he is a masochist why would he want that?

Edit: Love alone is not enough to want to be with someone even if you may know she loves you, when it is only pain and drama that you get back from that person. There is a reason why the saying is do not stick your dick in crazy and by now MC has no reasons anymore to think she has changed or that she is even willing to patch things up after all hose years, whether he has been wrong as well in past and present and made bad decisions. MC has every reason though to think that when it comes to him she is crazy material. :)

Last edited:

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
A proven attempted rapist, yeah what is he doing in her life anyway after that? It is not like if she kept him away all those years she could suddenly have him turn up at a moments notice. Now it is Jaye's life, but what does that say about her and her priorities during those years? Now ok I am male so maybe I do not get some things, but if someone had tried to rape me and proven she disrespected my boundaries I would not have her in my life or would have even taken her to a party later on even to hurt someone I would want to hurt.

If he was not a part of her life last 5 years and she specifically hunted him down to bring along for this situation, well that would also be telling.
She doesn't look good either way. If she kept in contact with him then she ignored what his actions did to her family and she'd be a cunt for doing so. If she got in contact with him just to fuck with MC then she's a nutcase. Regardless MC would have every right to tell her to stay out of his life.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Well people do tend to change. Imo there's a greater chance for Chris to came out good then for Jaye in her curent state.
It's possible. Maybe Jaye was leading him on and got cold feet because of the MC which was implied to some degree in the texts between them before the party. Perhaps he was getting mixed signals from Jaye too. Wouldn't be the only person in this game to have to deal with her emotional issues.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

Not sure I understand fully but I'll try;

Funeral: There was no scene. Jaye was upset, hurting and needed her brother. Its natural and logical to want him there. Remeber she's wanted him back since almost right after he left. Fair enough she's resenting him for not calling, I honestly don't believe she blocked his number, when it was revealed later she seemed genuinely surprised. Maybe she did after pleading for him to come home and considering it was 5ish years is not totally unreasonable she did. Maybe even she had a night out drinking and blocked it then and doesn't remember. All speculation as this stage but not completely unreasonable if you think about it calmly and logically.

Aspen: I don't recall jealousy there (I may have glanced over it) I do recall her being upset. She also asked him to come back early and talk, he didn't want to, she offered to go there, he didn't want that either. He could have just said he needs more time. I find him to be very passive in his actions with her, which is part of what pisses me off. If he'd simply say he needs time to sort out his feelings and come to grips with stuff, I'd be happy. But he never does he just deflects and ignores.

To go back to what I think you where asking...about the conversation. I know how I see it would not be how the devs would write it. I 100% don't think everything will be fixed with one conversation, but it will be a start.

Honestly I'd expect to go something along the lines of Jaye saying she was sorry she drove him away and she missed him.Hopefully he'd apologize before for vanishing and staying gone, that he did what he thought was best. She'd probably then anger him and get accusatory about being an ass for staying away, he'd get defensive. Things would get heated and they'd part. But at least conversation would have started.

Ideally I'd prefer an even better one where they both apologize for the shit they've done and how big of an idiot they have both been and come out with a somewhat restored relationship.

I'm no saying it would have been roses after the conversation but at least there would have been something to think about for both parties and a start at rebuilding.

Edit: one of the things I just remember is some of Jayes actions are calculated on her part, either consciously or subconsciously so people don't see through her and her true feeling for the MC. She said as much either in her diary or in one of the scenes with her as a young Jaye. It doesn't excuse the behavior but does explain some of it.

As for your last bit, I don't think chapeter 2 will be too distracting with other stuff from what I've read of dev post, Jaye will be a big part of it and so will the long needed conversation between them.

Last edited:

Dany7519

Oct 27, 2020
But why is she getting from almost raped to invite him to a graduation party? That is stupid in my opinion.
It is something fishy with George guy, didn't he make MC to lay low at the funeral.
If is that rapey guy on helicopter, my MC is boarding a helicopter and he is on his way to Palermo. :ROFLMAO:
I think there is a third person who is sabotaging the relationship between the two. Why is MC number blocked on Jaye's cell phone, she says it wasn't and if she did, she would unblock it if she wanted to reach him unaccompanied. maybe this George guy

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I think there is a third person who is sabotaging the relationship between the two. Why is MC number blocked on Jaye's cell phone, she says it wasn't and if she did, she would unblock it if she wanted to reach him unaccompanied. maybe this George guy
I asked myself the same q. If we agree that it wasn't her blocking MC who could have other motive to block him? One of her friends, maybe Tara. If i'm not mistaken she admited that she would ask MC out. Maybe Chris but i doubt it since those two didn't had any problem before. George, idk. I doubt it was him, but again who knows. I think some future episodes would reveal who blocked MC on Jaye phone and why. Of course if we presume that it wasn't Jaye who blocked him.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Reading through (still haven't played).. I'm just going to assume this Chris (the rapist) got ahold of Jaye's phone during one of the times she got with him (since she still has him around I assume they are fucking anyway..), MC would be a problem for him imo, would be logical to block the brothers number..

Just my point of view on this..

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Reading through (still haven't played).. I'm just going to assume this Chris (the rapist) got ahold of Jaye's phone during one of the times she got with him (since she still has him around I assume they are fucking anyway..), MC would be a problem for him imo, would be logical to block the brothers number..

Just my point of view on this..
Would make sense if she decided it would be a good idea to have a relation with a proven would be rapist, unless there is someone else after Jaye that is happy enough to keep her brother away or has a stake in having them on a bad footing for another reason. Future updates will tell, but it could have easily been Jaye herself.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Would make sense if she decided it would be a good idea to have a relation with a proven would be rapist, unless there is someone else after Jaye that is happy enough to keep her brother away or has a stake in having them on a bad footing for another reason. Future updates will tell, but it could have easily been Jaye herself.
In my part i think it's dum and childish if she barught that rapist on the ship. If she did that than she's the same kid she was unable move forward and constantly being hostile towards MC even if he didn't do anything to provoke her. If that's the case than i would gladly pick and option (if there was one) to just five her everything in the will and i mean everything. The sad thing is even if MC did this i doubt that it would teach her anything. Cause in her curent state she isn't showing any sign of willing to change and make amends.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Jesus, I don't hate it but this might be the new record holder for longest prologue.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes