4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
Jaye went to almost every game MC was playing, did he return the favor by spending some time with her? nope...
Except he did though, he mentions it at the bar when he says that she went to all his games the bartender asks if he went to all of her events and he said he did but tried to keep a low profile. it's then that the bartender points out that she chose her activities that didn't conflict with his. Also it's never stated that she interacted with him at those games, just that she went too them. The only time Jaye says she even considered it was when he took a hit and was laid out for a minute.

I said it before but if it's Christian which based on George's reaction with the "Is that...?" comment it is, not to mention the kind of smirk Jaye gives the MC before the reveal then she's a moron. While from her perspective you could kind of see it in terms of "Well MC hitting him was the last time he showed he cared about me." and wants to get that reaction again, even if her and Christian had patched things up it still doesn't change the fact that he once tried to rape her, which at the very least makes her a moron. Especially when, as has been mentioned many times before she could have easily just talked to him instead of bringing him along which would do nothing but cause even more problems instead of trying to solve them.

Jul 5, 2019
I think there is a third person who is sabotaging the relationship between the two. Why is MC number blocked on Jaye's cell phone, she says it wasn't and if she did, she would unblock it if she wanted to reach him unaccompanied. maybe this George guy
Just a random amusing thought. Based off what has been said by George (That one person can decide for both) about the company, what if there is some WIAB type will shit going on requiring both of them to agree to work together at the company to inherit it together or neither. And if they don't, then someone else is going to benefit. Someone that would then benefit from driving the wedge even further between them. Blocking MCs number on her phone. Sending someone to befriend MC and keep him traveling, and from getting into a situation that would cause him to go home. Someone that could delay his return for the funeral to further stoke the fires of rage in Jaye.

And if they don't get the company, someone must. Maybe a longtime friend and lawyer?

This tin foil theory sort of falls apart when taking into account that the will was only updated a year ago I think George said. Unless he's been playing the long con. Encouraged this update, and also possibly had a hand in the parents death. DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I think there is a third person who is sabotaging the relationship between the two. Why is MC number blocked on Jaye's cell phone, she says it wasn't and if she did, she would unblock it if she wanted to reach him unaccompanied. maybe this George guy
That's also what i started to think. It seams that she was unaware that his contact was blocked so the q is who could've a motiv to block him?

1. There's Tori. She admited once, if i'm not mistaken, that she would go out with MC. And she even poked Jaye with that idea to see how she would react. Based on her reaction she might have seen oportunity to block him. In other words if "If can't have him, so can't you". That scenario could play but i didn't notice that behaviour from Tori.

2. Is Jaye herself. She did have motiv and every reason if we look things from her point of view. There's at least 80% of the chance that that happend, but again who knows. She might be completely inocent here.

3. Christian. Now i doubt that it is him. He and MC didn't had any problem before the party and after the party those two didn't saw each other. There's a posibility that if Chris continioued to hang out with Jaye that he get her phone and did that but again i doubt it.

4. Someone mentioned George but i don't see the motive for him.

5. "X" person. Now he or she probably have some resentment towards MC and Jaye. Those two or one of them had done something to this X person. So we have revenge motive. Also it could be jealosy. Jealosy because of the wealth those two would inherit. Or something happend to that person that he or she felt nothing but anger towards that family. He or she may act all nice now but eventually it will show its true collors or be discovered.

Now this is only a theory so i can be wrong.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
It's not just as a LI, I haven't liked her at any point in the story. She hasn't gone from "well she was nice at the start then tragedy happened and that made her a bitch", no, she was a bitch from the get go and put her foot on the peddle to hurtle straight to cuntsville and set up home there.
I'm stealing that whole dawn paragraph, lots of potential LIs or side chick i can use that on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Naxos and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
you know? Rapist MacRape is the most logical +1 that Jaye could bring since the only time MC cared about her is whenever he's around...
MC went through her diary, yet he never had the talk with Jaye about those feelings. the absence of love is not hate but indifference...
Jaye went to almost every game MC was playing, did he return the favor by spending some time with her? nope...
Comes the graduation party and all of a sudden the MC cares about Jaye? Rapist MacRape wouldn't be even there if , but MC hadn't decided to ignore Jaye. That night she decided to apologise and make things right, but MC decided on his own to bail out.
years pass, Jaye thinks MC is ignoring her, unaware that his number got blocked. Comes the funeral and she is all alone to deal with all the people lashing out condolences.. MC would be a real lifesaver in there, or at least a supportig pillar...
the blocked number is resolved, and they chat, MC doesn't get the subtle invite for coffe and instead of catching up with Jaye goes to aspen and reverts to the ignoring ways of the past. when they are finally reunited Jaye sees MC kissing what looks like a random skank that dares comment how it would be wierd if MC kissed his sister. From Jaye's perspective MC didn't have time for her but had time to pick up women. Of course she would be pissed enough to bring Rapist MacRape. Just so MC would react
The problem is that the game needs some reason why MC left and why they stayed apart and both did not look especially great in what happened. Now thing is that on reuniting them devs decided we need even more drama to keep them apart and give other LI's a chance to get involved. Trouble is only that we as players would need some movement between Jaye and MC that makes a future relation between them somewhat realistic, so we want them to get together at a certain moment. We get the opposite though.

With how Jaye is portrayed in this update, even if I can get where her feelings, anger jealousy and whatever come from and might even agree up to a certain point she has some reasons to feel as she does, she also comes of at best as an immature moron that is unable and unwilling to step over her shadow and will keep more or less abusing MC emotionally whether she is aware of it she does it or even wants to whatever MC does. So only smart choice MC has is to keep her out of his life, whether he loves her and she loves him back or not.

Why would anyone under those conditions want MC get closer to Jaye? It feels like another case where devs dialed up the horrid factor of a main girl up too much for story purposes like in Leap of Faith with a certain secret agent and it will be pretty hard to correct that in rest of game without going back and give her at least some more redeeming features with regards to MC such as the fact she wanted to talk to him just before he left. (Yeah I agree it would have been better if he had said goodbye first to his mom, dad and Jaye, instead of having slinked of into the night but in that case we might have never had the drama and such we have now.)

TomPhan

Jan 1, 2019
I'll reply to yours out of the many that quoted my post since I think replying to yours would cover a lot of ground. Apologies in advance if this becomes a long read.

Basically what I meant is that the relationship between MC and Jaye is based on many misunderstandings which then lead to conflicts because they weren't communicating with each properly (this is both ways and not just MC or Jaye not communicating to the other). So for Jaye to act negatively toward MC is because from Jaye's point of view, MC didn't seem to care about her or what she wants.

Let's have a recap of all the things that MC did if looked from Jaye's point of view:
1. MC suddenly avoided her (because MC didn't want her to teased by her friends) and from Jaye's pov, her brother/bestfriend just suddenly shut her out for absolutely no reason.
2. MC read her diary (invasion of privacy, and the present-MC acknowledged that there were things in that diary that she really really really wanted to be kept private)
3. When she fought with Christian after MC went home from the championships, and MC saw him getting out of the room, MC had accusing look and he didn't want to hear any explanation from her. Think about it this way, you just fought with your boyfriend because you didn't want to have sex with him, then you went out of the room, saw the guy you actually love looking at you with anger/hatred and didn't want to listen to you. This is a time when you needed the support, but you were once again abandoned.
4. MC then decided to announce it to the whole family, friends, and guests of the party that you (Jaye) were almost raped. Think about it, rape is a really hard issue where there are TONS of rape victim that couldn't go to the police because how hard it is to talk about it. Then for someone else (let alone the person you love) to announce it to a group of people just like that? While yes it was a rape attempt and not a successful one, it was still extremely embarrassing.
5. Then MC disappeared the next day. Completely shutting down the communication between them again.
6. Fast forward to parents' deaths, MC wasn't there to support her. This is not necessarily MC's fault, but it was again a miscommunication due to the phone number being blocked (from years ago that Jaye might or might not have done?). Once George confirmed that MC was indeed there, Jaye's reaction was to ask MC why he didn't try to contact her. She wanted to reconnect, but MC decided that it wasn't the right time and didn't make the contact.
7. The scene outside George's office. MC decided to leave on Uber while Jaye had to stop him to talk. Again, she wanted to talk.
8. Even after Tara had shown Jaye that MC's number was blocked (which Jaye said that she would never do so - no idea right or wrong in reality), MC had disappeared on his Uber. Notice the pattern here? MC's action is always just to run away instead of communicating to solve the conflict.
9. Fast forward to Aspen story, Jaye constantly texted MC to reconnect. She apologized about the blocked number and all that.
10. Fast forward to the flight back from Aspen, Jaye asked MC to get coffee together before meeting George. MC declined.
11. Outside of George's office, Mallory kissed MC in front of Jaye. From Jaye's pov "No time for coffee with me, but time to have kiss with this girl". This time MC was the one trying to explain for once, but Jaye was no longer just jealous, she just felt defeated because after all that (including the "read between the lines" text to MC), there was another girl that had MC instead.
12. This then turn into anger in George's office because apparently Mallory is not just a stranger but actually involved in this whole thing. With the kiss that they shared so openly in front of her, Jaye was basically on warpath to start hurting MC in return. That's why she started saying things like "fuckboy fund" or "Captain Starfucker"
13. (If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.

Jaye's action is driven by all of the above, not by a single particular action of MC.

The key thing here is that miscommunication is how things go wrong between the two people that actually love each other. Both Jaye and MC had their fair share of mistakes, but a healthy communication between the two could've solved tons of misunderstandings that would end up with them hurting each other instead. So far, Chasing Sunset is a tragic love story.
My apologies in advance as well, but a long post deserves a long response...

Edit: Holy shit, this turned out even longer than I thought it would, so I'll put this whole thing behind a spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I kinda low key think Jaye is Schizophrenic

long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Last edited:

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Given how much of a bitch jaye is it wouldn't surprise me if she planned to fuck rapeface on the day of the mc biggest game just to get back at him, ruining one of his biggest moment. She led him on and just happened to get cold feet or mc came home earlier than expected. The timing of that scene was suspicious as fuck.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
My apologies in advance as well, but a long post deserves a long response...

Edit: Holy shit, this turned out even longer than I thought it would, so I'll put this whole thing behind a spoiler.
Wall of text.. That will definitely make me want to avoid Jaye..

Kind of sad too, don't usually avoid sisters in games, guess this will be a new one when I get around too playing it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
I don't know about this man... I want to like Jaye since she's the main focus of this game but everything about her is just so unlikeable. I know that deep down she cares about Mc and loves him and all that shit but that just doesn't give her a free pass to act like a bitch 24/7.

If she clears up her act I'll reconcile with her but I'll never see her as Li. But this all goes out the window if she really brought that ex boyfriend with her because that goes way beyond of being irrational and jealous, that's just straight up twisted.

espy85

Sep 28, 2019
So guys, I think as you do about Jaye not behaving very well, in short, why react like that when the MC beat Christian, I understand feeling embarrassed, I also understand the anger at being defended, for not being considered in di defend herself, but all that hatred in that reaction was not normal, it was obvious that the MC reacted badly.
But even the MC has a thousand faults, before shooting at her, let's see how he behaved.
1 On the night of the attempted rape, the MC instead of listening to her immediately jumped to conclusions, "my sister is a whore, well so, I'm disappointed". Yet if he had observed her carefully she would have noticed the torn dress and the tears, if you catch your sister having sex I doubt she is crying, she will perhaps react angry, embarrassed, but not with those tears, it was enough to listen to her that evening to avoid the drama.
2 I understand why the MC left like that, he always felt a problem for his sister and she confirmed it during the fight, but when you tried to call her and you couldn't, because you didn't come home to clarify, then you could have gone back to Aspen, but I mean, in all that time, did you ever think about going home to her, to your parents?
3 After the reunion, he continues to act aloof, too much considering that he has always had a crush on her. I'm starting to wonder if he ever really loved her.
In short, before condemning Jaye to the role of queen bitch, let's try to see things also from his point of view. In her eyes, he has cut ties too easily to have any affection for her.

On the saboteur, I bet on the lawyer, there is a billionaire company at stake, if the two sons do not lead it, who will? I think he will do it, or alternatively he may have the power to decide. Maybe to sell everything to a rival company.
Obviously, it cannot be ruled out that whoever sabotaged that phone did it to do the two a favor, perhaps in a convoluted way. But for now I'm going to focus on the careerist lawyer.

Mallory, we know that she is involved in some way, her father's suicide could be related to the parent company of the MC, plus she hears the voice of her father. I bet everything on the fact that she will bring the whole story to a dark tone, complete with an attempted murder, perhaps Jaye's own.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.
Jul 5, 2019
Ok so here's my theory on who blocked MC on Jaye phone.

Yea, I've been trying to work out how she fits into my crazy theory I posted a bit ago. Just sent to seduce MC and further degrade his relationship with Jaye? Some others have mentioned possibly his half-sister, which is suitably ridiculous for my theory, doesn't really add to the idea I'm forming.

On a side note, when she freaked out after getting hit by a snowball, I was totally expecting a glass eye or something. Was a little disappointed with the contact/eye color thing.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Yea, I've been trying to work out how she fits into my crazy theory I posted a bit ago. Just sent to seduce MC and further degrade his relationship with Jaye? Some others have mentioned possibly his half-sister, which is suitably ridiculous for my theory, doesn't really add to the idea I'm forming.

On a side note, when she freaked out after getting hit by a snowball, I was totally expecting a glass eye or something. Was a little disappointed with the contact/eye color thing.
Mallory's friend was taking some medication... what if those caused a lethal side-effect and now Mallory seeks revenge against the manufacturers?

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017

That girl is realy interesting character cause we know little about her. She apears all nice and good but it could be just disguise. I think her real motives will reveal and how is she conected at all to all of this.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
"There must be something in the water.."

Jaye is obviously insane. Mallory is clearly so yandere she'd boil Hank and then put him in a burning house to get your attention. But MC is the major problem.

George: "The estate is worth billions. But when the new patent is a go, it'll be worth the entirety of South America."

MC: "I find it somewhat odd all these women are suddenly becoming so whorish around me."

Dude.

MC: "I'm late. I don't want to interrupt the service to be a comfort to my only living relative. That would be totally wrong."

Also MC: "Hmmm. Maybe I can fuck Ray's wife in the ass next to his <ahem> sleeping daughter. I really love these guys."

Seriously, man.

MC: "I have to get away to deal with my grief. I can't talk to Jaye. I can't talk to that bald dude who was overly concerned with my ass. I'll go to Aspen and be a ski bum for a season and tamp down my feelings and emotions about my parents' deaths."

MC, hours later: "An interview about me and my parents? Pfffft, I don't want to spend a whole day on that. Why don't you badger me for half a week? I love talking about it."

Every choice you're given boils down to:
  • This is a terrible idea that will ruin lives. LOL! YOLO!
  • This is the worst idea in history and will ruin my life. Parents car go BRRRRRRR!
For the sake of realism, the MC should be shown wearing a court mandated helmet at all times.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes