4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
lets Mallory come along without question,
Mallory was told to come along by George. She's part of it all. Besides that what reason does the MC have for not taking her along?

She's done nothing to him. She wasn't a complete bitch to him like his sister was.

Reactions: Fortuna ღ

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I'll reply to yours out of the many that quoted my post since I think replying to yours would cover a lot of ground. Apologies in advance if this becomes a long read.

Basically what I meant is that the relationship between MC and Jaye is based on many misunderstandings which then lead to conflicts because they weren't communicating with each properly (this is both ways and not just MC or Jaye not communicating to the other). So for Jaye to act negatively toward MC is because from Jaye's point of view, MC didn't seem to care about her or what she wants.

Let's have a recap of all the things that MC did if looked from Jaye's point of view:
1. MC suddenly avoided her (because MC didn't want her to teased by her friends) and from Jaye's pov, her brother/bestfriend just suddenly shut her out for absolutely no reason.
2. MC read her diary (invasion of privacy, and the present-MC acknowledged that there were things in that diary that she really really really wanted to be kept private)
3. When she fought with Christian after MC went home from the championships, and MC saw him getting out of the room, MC had accusing look and he didn't want to hear any explanation from her. Think about it this way, you just fought with your boyfriend because you didn't want to have sex with him, then you went out of the room, saw the guy you actually love looking at you with anger/hatred and didn't want to listen to you. This is a time when you needed the support, but you were once again abandoned.
4. MC then decided to announce it to the whole family, friends, and guests of the party that you (Jaye) were almost raped. Think about it, rape is a really hard issue where there are TONS of rape victim that couldn't go to the police because how hard it is to talk about it. Then for someone else (let alone the person you love) to announce it to a group of people just like that? While yes it was a rape attempt and not a successful one, it was still extremely embarrassing.
5. Then MC disappeared the next day. Completely shutting down the communication between them again.
6. Fast forward to parents' deaths, MC wasn't there to support her. This is not necessarily MC's fault, but it was again a miscommunication due to the phone number being blocked (from years ago that Jaye might or might not have done?). Once George confirmed that MC was indeed there, Jaye's reaction was to ask MC why he didn't try to contact her. She wanted to reconnect, but MC decided that it wasn't the right time and didn't make the contact.
7. The scene outside George's office. MC decided to leave on Uber while Jaye had to stop him to talk. Again, she wanted to talk.
8. Even after Tara had shown Jaye that MC's number was blocked (which Jaye said that she would never do so - no idea right or wrong in reality), MC had disappeared on his Uber. Notice the pattern here? MC's action is always just to run away instead of communicating to solve the conflict.
9. Fast forward to Aspen story, Jaye constantly texted MC to reconnect. She apologized about the blocked number and all that.
10. Fast forward to the flight back from Aspen, Jaye asked MC to get coffee together before meeting George. MC declined.
11. Outside of George's office, Mallory kissed MC in front of Jaye. From Jaye's pov "No time for coffee with me, but time to have kiss with this girl". This time MC was the one trying to explain for once, but Jaye was no longer just jealous, she just felt defeated because after all that (including the "read between the lines" text to MC), there was another girl that had MC instead.
12. This then turn into anger in George's office because apparently Mallory is not just a stranger but actually involved in this whole thing. With the kiss that they shared so openly in front of her, Jaye was basically on warpath to start hurting MC in return. That's why she started saying things like "fuckboy fund" or "Captain Starfucker"
13. (If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.

Jaye's action is driven by all of the above, not by a single particular action of MC.

The key thing here is that miscommunication is how things go wrong between the two people that actually love each other. Both Jaye and MC had their fair share of mistakes, but a healthy communication between the two could've solved tons of misunderstandings that would end up with them hurting each other instead. So far, Chasing Sunset is a tragic love story.
Christian attempted to rape her. Furthermore, she decided that messing around with him was more important than attending MC's biggest game. I'm sure it will be explained in the following update, but I fail to see how bringing along the guy that tried to force himself on you, would be any good at all. And for what? To invoke some kind of reaction from MC? How stupid would she be if that were the actual case? I don't think the MC is any saint, but her reacting like that just makes their whole situation magnitudes worse than it was before. I agree with every thing you've said except that particular statement about this action being justifiable. After all, MC did everything out of love and consideration for her, whilst she did everything out of anger, pettiness, and revenge.

Just to clarify, I completely agree with everything you've said except for that last point. If she did in fact bring along Christian as her plus 1, then I hope we have the option of ignoring her as a LI completely in the future. Hey my English is getting better lol

Edit: Just to clarify, she also got jealous when Tara pitched her the idea of asking out MC, leading her to discourage her from it. She would later sleep with Tara AND acquire a boyfriend in the same breath. MC said that she basically smelled like him whenever she came home from school, so I'm pretty sure that her relationship with him wasn't exactly innocent leading up to that fateful night. She only goes on to further back up this hypocrisy when she meets him making out with Mal. Which, while it happened 5 years later, isn't nearly as bad as what she's apparently been doing with Tara. If you were in love with someone, and they assumedly slept with another person, right next door to you, I'm sure you wouldn't be all supportive and all-ears to hear what they were up to. He'd just heard sexual movements, and believed her to have slept with him. In that moment, he believed her to have blown off his most important game of the season, to get freaky with her boyfriend. Honestly, what else would you have him think? No girl would bring a guy to her house, while her parents and siblings are gone, just to talk or study. She knew what she was getting into, and most likely backed out later on, realizing that it was not what she wanted. Keep in mind that she had him with her in her house, alone, while she knew her brother had an important game and that her parents would have been there. What explanation could she have given to make that situation better? MC also did not know that she was almost raped until a few days or weeks after that incident, when he checked her phone. Even from her perspective, it doesn't change the fact that she's been a total puta for most of this game(so far).

Last edited:

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Mallory was told to come along by George. She's part of it all. Besides that what reason does the MC have for not taking her along?

She's done nothing to him. She wasn't a complete bitch to him like his sister was.
It's why I side with Mallory as a LI so far. She has far more reasons for acting the way Jaye does yet despite her issues and her real reasons for finding the MC she has done nothing but treat him like kindly. Jaye so far just seems to be on a path to self destruction as far as her relationship with the MC is concerned.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was really good, though I guess it's just the start.

Tara is the hottest, but I don't think that half buzzcut thingy suits her, she looked better during the sisters imagination thing when she didn't have it, that seems more like a rebellious teen or sci-fi kinda cut... but then maybe Mallory is my favourite, I do dig broken, will have to see some more of Tara's personality before deciding... or there's always the joys of incest, that adds a little spice to things (though I've become fairly desentitised to it).

Not sure how I feel about the end there, no matter how much the sister was hurting I don't think she'd do that.

Also I thought it was a funny little crossover to put our favourite air-stewardess in there, name and all, haha.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
The developer has built extensive foundations for a future story here. However, it looks more like an antic tragedy than a romantic story so far. Jaye are ready to cross the Rubicon, and then there's no space for love and trust between the Caesar and the Senate.

Families will be torn up,
Love will be trampled,
The Republic will burn in the flames of civil war

And the Empire will rise from that ashes.

Naxos and Skylaroo, I repeatedly read you write about Jaye tried to communicate with MC. What do you think a conversation would look like at the funeral, in the Aspen, or in the coffee shop? After years of constant conflict that has crossed the line, repeatedly scolds berating whenever words get space and time. No wonder MC ran away from nagging wife sister.

Jaye currently carries some attributes of domestic abuser, jealousy leading to physical violence, trying to hurt someone with whom I have not only a family connection. Intent is a key factor here.
Overall, she comes out as a person unable to have a healthy relationship. So, no bound are strong enough to prevent her from hurting her family and loved ones even after a possible happy ending.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Christian attempted to rape her. Furthermore, she decided that messing around with him was more important than attending MC's biggest game. I'm sure it will be explained in the following update, but I fail to see how bringing along the guy that tried to force himself on you, would be any good at all. And for what? To invoke some kind of reaction from MC? How stupid would she be if that were the actual case? I don't think the MC is any saint, but her reacting like that just makes their whole situation magnitudes worse than it was before. I agree with every thing you've said except that particular statement about this action being justifiable. After all, MC did everything out of love and consideration for her, whilst she did everything out of anger, pettiness, and revenge.

Just to clarify, I completely agree with everything you've said except for that last point. If she did in fact bring along Christian as her plus 1, then I hope we have the option of ignoring her as a LI completely in the future. Hey my English is getting better lol
What sort of reacting is she expecting? For MC to show her that he loves her and beat the guy up (or throw him overboard)?
What if he does nothing. Will she try to make MC jealous? How far is she willing to go, and what will she do when Christian tries for more?
Her bringing a +1 doesn't make sense anyway.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's why I side with Mallory as a LI so far. She has far more reasons for acting the way Jaye does yet despite her issues and her real reasons for finding the MC she has done nothing but treat him like kindly. Jaye so far just seems to be on a path to self destruction as far as her relationship with the MC is concerned.
So far the only LI's I see me bothering with are Mallory and Linda.

Not sure about Tara yet, depends how much she's tied in with Jaye. I want to have as little interaction with Jaye as possible, I doubt the story will let me ignore her completely so i'll settle for minimal contact.

It's not just as a LI, I haven't liked her at any point in the story. She hasn't gone from "well she was nice at the start then tragedy happened and that made her a bitch", no, she was a bitch from the get go and put her foot on the peddle to hurtle straight to cuntsville and set up home there.

Her bringing a +1 doesn't make sense anyway.
It makes perfect sense.

She's petty and wants to get her own back and she won't just sit around solo while she thinks MC is having it off with Mallory.

It was obvious she'd bring someone to try and one up.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I'll reply to yours out of the many that quoted my post since I think replying to yours would cover a lot of ground. Apologies in advance if this becomes a long read.

Basically what I meant is that the relationship between MC and Jaye is based on many misunderstandings which then lead to conflicts because they weren't communicating with each properly (this is both ways and not just MC or Jaye not communicating to the other). So for Jaye to act negatively toward MC is because from Jaye's point of view, MC didn't seem to care about her or what she wants.

Let's have a recap of all the things that MC did if looked from Jaye's point of view:
1. MC suddenly avoided her (because MC didn't want her to teased by her friends) and from Jaye's pov, her brother/bestfriend just suddenly shut her out for absolutely no reason.
2. MC read her diary (invasion of privacy, and the present-MC acknowledged that there were things in that diary that she really really really wanted to be kept private)
3. When she fought with Christian after MC went home from the championships, and MC saw him getting out of the room, MC had accusing look and he didn't want to hear any explanation from her. Think about it this way, you just fought with your boyfriend because you didn't want to have sex with him, then you went out of the room, saw the guy you actually love looking at you with anger/hatred and didn't want to listen to you. This is a time when you needed the support, but you were once again abandoned.
4. MC then decided to announce it to the whole family, friends, and guests of the party that you (Jaye) were almost raped. Think about it, rape is a really hard issue where there are TONS of rape victim that couldn't go to the police because how hard it is to talk about it. Then for someone else (let alone the person you love) to announce it to a group of people just like that? While yes it was a rape attempt and not a successful one, it was still extremely embarrassing.
5. Then MC disappeared the next day. Completely shutting down the communication between them again.
6. Fast forward to parents' deaths, MC wasn't there to support her. This is not necessarily MC's fault, but it was again a miscommunication due to the phone number being blocked (from years ago that Jaye might or might not have done?). Once George confirmed that MC was indeed there, Jaye's reaction was to ask MC why he didn't try to contact her. She wanted to reconnect, but MC decided that it wasn't the right time and didn't make the contact.
7. The scene outside George's office. MC decided to leave on Uber while Jaye had to stop him to talk. Again, she wanted to talk.
8. Even after Tara had shown Jaye that MC's number was blocked (which Jaye said that she would never do so - no idea right or wrong in reality), MC had disappeared on his Uber. Notice the pattern here? MC's action is always just to run away instead of communicating to solve the conflict.
9. Fast forward to Aspen story, Jaye constantly texted MC to reconnect. She apologized about the blocked number and all that.
10. Fast forward to the flight back from Aspen, Jaye asked MC to get coffee together before meeting George. MC declined.
11. Outside of George's office, Mallory kissed MC in front of Jaye. From Jaye's pov "No time for coffee with me, but time to have kiss with this girl". This time MC was the one trying to explain for once, but Jaye was no longer just jealous, she just felt defeated because after all that (including the "read between the lines" text to MC), there was another girl that had MC instead.
12. This then turn into anger in George's office because apparently Mallory is not just a stranger but actually involved in this whole thing. With the kiss that they shared so openly in front of her, Jaye was basically on warpath to start hurting MC in return. That's why she started saying things like "fuckboy fund" or "Captain Starfucker"
13. (If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.

Jaye's action is driven by all of the above, not by a single particular action of MC.

The key thing here is that miscommunication is how things go wrong between the two people that actually love each other. Both Jaye and MC had their fair share of mistakes, but a healthy communication between the two could've solved tons of misunderstandings that would end up with them hurting each other instead. So far, Chasing Sunset is a tragic love story.
Y'know I could agree with most of the things that you mentioned if we look things from Jaye point of view. However it was her cut MC from her life, not a way around. MC didn't cut her but decided to give her more space so she can have some friends. She turned that into hate, again her choice, and that hate turned into miscommunication. Now I agree that MC invaded her privacy by reading her diary or acting like knight in shining armor in front of everyone and telling in front every guest that Jaye almost got raped. That was simply to much, especially rape part and MC stepped his boundaries and pretty much embarrassed her. Even though his intentions were noble. Then the part when MC left. To me its unbelievable that parents didn't look for MC, yet alone Jaye didn't try to contact him and explain herself. It was she who chose to block his contact and only called him when their parents died. And what did she expect at funeral? Hug, compassion, understanding? Why should MC care for her or even try to sort things out when it wasn't he who chose to cut her out but vice versa? I agree on the part that MC should hear Jaye after finding that Jaye blocked his contact but also I could understand him. He felt rejected, cut out, so he decided to leave. If you judge him this was the only thing you could blame him for. Then the kiss with Mallory. Again why is she angry towards MC? They didn't hear or see each other for almost 5 years and it's not like they were romantically involved and MC cheated her. And last part is ship scene. Now if she braught person whom I think she did, again it's her acting childish and let's screw "Fuckboy" or whatever she called him. Let's make him mad. Jaye is constantly picking fights, giving bad names for MC and she's not giving any reason for MC to reach her. And after all of that MC should be there for her. Yeah no thanks. Again things might sort out between the two. I don't think she's bad character (person), I think her choices were bad.

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
I haven't liked her at any point in the story. She hasn't gone from "well she was nice at the start then tragedy happened and that made her a bitch", no, she was a bitch from the get go and put her foot on the peddle to hurtle straight to cuntsville and set up home there.
I totally understand if you or anyone else hates/dislikes her after this update.
But why you hate her from the start, I don't get it:unsure:
She really hasn't done something that bad to receive this much hate(not counting bringing Rapey bastard as +1)

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
So far the only LI's I see me bothering with are Mallory and Linda.

Not sure about Tara yet, depends how much she's tied in with Jaye. I want to have as little interaction with Jaye as possible, I doubt the story will let me ignore her completely so i'll settle for minimal contact.

It's not just as a LI, I haven't liked her at any point in the story. She hasn't gone from "well she was nice at the start then tragedy happened and that made her a bitch", no, she was a bitch from the get go and put her foot on the peddle to hurtle straight to cuntsville and set up home there.
I'm sitting on the fence with Jaye as a LI and am going to need to see her showing some of her softer side before I make a decision. I get why she did a lot of things she did but as far as this little war of feelings between them go she is the one constantly trying to fire killshots at any hope of them having at least a friendly relationship. When the MC talked about apathy being the true opposite of love I feel like that's very much what Jaye is going to make the MC feel towards her unless she grows up.

Reactions: JanisL

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I'm enjoying the game even if I feel Jaye to be a massive disappointment as a person. She knowing shit isn't easy between them n jumping to conclusions isn't making it easier either.

2nd problem I have No one will care about I'm hoping this doesn't take 5 to 6 month to continue.

Reactions: Steinchen

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Wait people are saying the MC abandoned Jaye? Way, I remember it...
screenshot0006.png
screenshot0013.png
MC did exactly as she asked.

"Wait that was just a temper tantrum, she didn't really mean it!"

Indeed, but then she should be the one to call him and apologize in the intervening 5 years, no? Not vice versa.

Now some may be ok with enduring her 10+5 years of alternate silent treatment, temper tantrums, outbursts and insults (Captain Starfucker :rolleyes: ) and feel that the MC should always come and listen to her whenever she feels like it...and that's perfectly fine.

Others think it's way past time to move on (this is not hate) and avoid her drama as much as possible. Personally, I find Mallory way better company.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Tara also has a thing for the Mc and would probably be more than happy with everyday threesomes.
From your lips to God's (the Devs'?) ears! :love:

Maybe the helicopter pilot is also a fan of Hatchet body spray?
For me, this is the most likely explanation. I feel a li'l bit trolled by the writer after he posted about learning from his mistake with the cliffhanger in the Prologue. :cautious:

He's getting angry because of the smell. He hasn't seen the guy yet.
Yes!

And... there is a bit of inconsistency in the writing regarding "number blocking".
If Jaye was trying to get MC to come back and was sending him messages for months after he left - there is no credible reason to block his number - you are expecting him to reply.
Also, I may be wrong since I've never had to do this, but wouldn't blocking a number block text messages from that number as well as voice calls? :unsure:

I am not a Mallory fan yet...mainly because I haven't fully figured out her intentions.
She's cute, but she's also a bit devious. Her deviousness may not be a totally bad thing, but she is definitely keeping something fairly big a secret from MC. I'm cautious until we know what that is.

He read her dairy 9 years ago, he knew exactly how she felt about him. He knew he felt the same a few years later.
Wasn't the stuff explicitly about how she feels about MC in the part that we could choose to leave unread?

I'm not on the Jaye hate train pending confirmation she wasn't stupid enough to bring her would-be rapist to her parents' will reading. I'm pretty sure she didn't do that though so... I'm actually hoping that they clear the air post-haste and if they do, she's probably my first choice for LI. If I'm wrong about her, gosh, I dunno... Erica was cute as a button! Linda's a dangerous Cougar. (Although, Ray's a bro. Already done him dirty once when we were young and dumb. No need to compound that mistake.) I like Mallory, but I need more information about her motivations. I'm sure we've got other options still to be introduced.

Downloaded this one on a whim and "wasted" all night on it! Hoping they can get the next update out faster than this one was.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I totally understand if you or anyone else hates/dislikes her after this update.
But why you hate her from the start, I don't get it:unsure:
She really hasn't done something that bad to receive this much hate(not counting bringing Rapey bastard as +1)
He gave her space to make friends, she turned that into anger against him, would rather spend time with Christian than support her brothers game and then gets angry when she unloads on him and he leaves to give her more space.

All she's shown me is she is an angry and jealous person I haven't seen 1 single redeeming quality.

I said earlier, it started as indifference but by the end of the update I couldn't stand her. I wouldn't want anyone like that in my life and i'm not going to let my little pixel guy suffer either.

As a character it may be possible she gets redeemed, stranger things have happened. I'm not bothered either way she isn't a character i'm concerned about getting to know.

As a love interest it's never going to happen. I've met 3 in Mallory, Linda and Erica that are leaps and bounds ahead of her.

She may, one day, progress to someone I could get the MC to say hello to in passing without crossing the street but that's it.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
View attachment 1027608
View attachment 1027609

Indeed, but then she should be the one to call him and apologize in the intervening 5 years, no? Not vice versa.

Now some may be ok with enduring her 10+5 years of alternate silent treatment, temper tantrums, outbursts and insults (Captain Starfucker :rolleyes: ) and feel that the MC should always come and listen to her whenever she feels like it...and that's perfectly fine.

Others think it's way past time to move on (this is not hate) and avoid her drama as much as possible. Personally, I find Mallory way better company.
I'm sure most of us here agree with you. Mallory just seems like a much better LI right now. I'm... not sure if there's much that can be done to redeem Jaye after this update. Moreso after this future update, because not only did she probably invite Christian, she most likely plans to use him to hurt MC due to Mal kissing him. I just hope this isn't one of those stories where you end up with a specific character no matter your choice. I hope we can avoid her or cut her out completely.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
View attachment 1027608
View attachment 1027609

Well she did try to text him but he ignored her which is understandable all things considered. She should have gone to find him herself that night but instead she was too busy getting turned on by MC defending her and blocking her punch in the shower then deciding to hop on the bed and rub one out to a memory of her and Tara to do so.

Reactions: The the Guy

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I'm sure most of us here agree with you. Mallory just seems like a much better LI right now. I'm... not sure if there's much that can be done to redeem Jaye after this update. Moreso after this future update, because not only did she probably invite Christian, she most likely plans to use him to hurt MC due to Mal kissing him. I just hope this isn't one of those stories where you end up with a specific character no matter your choice. I hope we can avoid her or cut her out completely.
Mallory is excellent character. Very genuine and nice. There are couple of girls that i would consider LI and Mall is defintinely one of them. I do have hopes that Jaye and MC will sort things out and i totally agree on last sentence, i do hope that there'll be more than one ending. As for Jaye, i don't consider her bad character, its her choices that are bad. She always chose negative aproach towards MC instead of reaching him. The only one time she did reach him was when their parents died. In other words she probably wouldn't call him if they were alive.

Reactions: JanisL

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I do admit I don't like that the MC would rather run than solve his problems with Jaye but you have to take into account she's not making it easy for him even though she herself admitted that she knows she's the reason he ran away in the first place. She's constantly sending him mixed signals and still can't be honest with her own feelings.
You keep forgetting she wanted to talk to him and tell him everything and was going to do so the day after the graduation party but he ran away.
Every time she's tried to have a conversation with him after that, he's run away or avoided it in one form or another.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes