4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
For what possible reason!? Is he supposed to be the pilot in this scenario?
Could be the pilot, or another passager if there is any, uses the same smell. I mean, it's pretty clear what hatchet is supposed to be in RL, and it's a smell worn by many men - not only assholes.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
The mc is the one that doesn't even meet her at the coffee when she asks to speak, people are judging without having all the details, hell we don't even have all the details about what happened with that fuckface except for a few messages that we read in her phone.
And just to be clear I'm not defending that fuckface but words can easily be taken out of context.

Don't see it that way but yeah we all think differently, I prefer to have all the facts before condemning someone (Jaye in this case).
I am not fully against Jaye. She just hurts a lot and tries to give some of the hurt back to the person who makes her feel this way.
BUT overall it seems until now, everything done by the MC to Jaye was done out of love, and everything Jaye does to the MC is out of revenge. Some of the textings via phonechat gives me hope she still comes around and grows out of her petty revenge modus.
That being said, the NORMAL reaction, after the Mallory scence at the end of the lawyer scene would be "Hey sis, I wait in front of the building if you still want to grab that coffee and catch up." That would be what I would have said anyway. I mean MC didn't do anything "wrong", the kiss came from Mallory.
But that's part of the drama in the first place since the beginning, both not being able to just come clean with their feelings and what happened there and then.

Something to learn here, for those who didn't know: Communication - so important in every kind of relationship. :)

Crippy

May 28, 2018
I had the same thought as dopey80 Maybe Christian is the helo pilot. I know it is a far stretch, but not impossible.

I am not a Mallory fan yet...mainly because I haven't fully figured out her intentions. She went to the lodge because her job sent her there. Remember, she was on vacation until she got diverted. Her objective was to get information about the biotech company by getting close to the MC. So, for that reason, I am not buying her good girl or love interest act. Not yet anyhow.

The role and the actions portrayed by George don't seem that bad to me. He is no worse than the lawyer in the game, Where the Heart Is. So, I am giving him some slack for the time being. However, he better cowboy-up real quick.

Erica...when it comes to her...I am all in...pun intended.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
This game is something I really didn't know I needed. Seriously, this is the third game besides BADIK that made me want to pay for it, and it isn't anywhere near completion or even halfway there. This has some serious potential. I just wish I got to it further down the line after it was more ahead in its story. Excellent use of cliffhangers btw.

Now, my intuition is telling me that Jaye brought along Christian after becoming jealous with MC taking to Mallory. What do you guys think? Anyone has a Jaye-exclusive walkthrough? If so, can you guys let me know if she does the same thing at the end of your walkthrough? That cliffhanger got me lol

Reactions: Bobbyt43 and VOYEUR

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
What do you guys think?
if it is who we think it is then this is one of stupidest move in the history of adult visual novels
Anyone has a Jaye-exclusive walkthrough?
I did a Jaye-exclusive playthrough, i.e. didn't kissed Mal or selected any positive options for her
can you guys let me know if she does the same thing at the end of your walkthrough?
and yup the ending is still the same, cause Mal still kisses you in front of Jaye, that scene is inevitable

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I mean, she asked Jaye if she minded if she asked him out what... 9 years ago? (I think they were around 14 in the diary bit?)
It's a bit of a stretch to assume she's been holding a torch for him that long.
:FacePalm:
Jaye had a thing for the MC what 9 years ago?..... it's a bit of stretch that she still holds a flame for him.
The MC had a thing for the Jay what 7 years ago?..... it's a bit of stretch that he still holds a flame for her.

Duh, that how most of these novels work... girl has a thing for the MC, he dissapears for x years and returns. The girl has secretly been holding the flame for x years.

come on there is no way he is reacting to the smell, the heli would prevent him to smell anything.
Did you even play the game???
He reacts to the smell.
Clenthes fist.
George: Is that
MC: Yes George, hatchet body spray.
No one else has stepped out. Maybe it's just a mind fuck from the dev's and Tara's sprayed herself with it to piss him off. that would be better than it being rapeymcfuckface.

Reactions: Cokebaths

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
if it is who we think it is then this is one of stupidest move in the history of adult visual novels

I did a Jaye-exclusive playthrough, i.e. didn't kissed Mal or selected any positive options for her

and yup the ending is still the same, cause Mal still kisses you in front of Jaye, that scene is inevitable
Wow. Well Jaye seems to have serious communicating issues, on top of being a little petty. Her bringing a guy that tried to rape her, to invoke some kind of reaction in MC is so painfully dumb it's hilarious. In my opinion, all that would probably do, is to make the player dislike her more, and push them away from her. I for one got pretty turned off by her attitude and everything pretty early on. Guess that's why I'm all for Mal over her lol.

It's also pretty hard to imagine any woman in their right mind doing something like that. But this is, while well written, still just a game. Can't wait for the update. Love your game list btw. I'll be using it until the next update for this game lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinvarus and JanisL

Kevinlolz

Jul 25, 2020
I really enjoyed this chapter. I was waiting for it since I played the prologue. The wait was long, but worth it !
Characters are interresting, renders are awesome, plot is breathtaking. I just can't wait for the next updates. Even if we have to wait as long as this episode, it definitely worth it !

Reactions: QBaSS and VOYEUR

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I am no native englisch speaker and have a question about a couple of sentences that are bugging me.

just an example:

"He'd spend his days playing with Jaye an I"

The "I" disturbs me somehow, should there not be a "me" ? There are a couple sentences more like this. Is this a simple spelling mistake or the right english past tenses?
You're correct. Grammatically speaking, it should be "...with Jaye and me" since the phrase is the object of the preposition "with", but this is a grammatical error that an awful lot of native speakers make, possibly in an effort to sound better "educated".

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I can sympathize with most of Jaye's actions in the prologue apart from letting Rapey McFuckface attend the graduation party even if I don't agree with them. However her actions as an adult so far have shown that she hasn't learned from her past mistakes. Doesn't make her a bad character but as far as being a LI well to be honest I'd have told her to get fucked the minute she decided to get jealous over the kiss from Mallory.
One good reason why he didn't tell her "to get fucked" in that moment was because he was in the midst of an epiphany: Jaye is jealous which means she feels the same way about me as I do about her! *cue ACME™ ANVIL OF TRUTH*

Pretty sure that was supposed to be the takeaway from that scene.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Ok I thought there might be something I wasn't seeing, I had to change my monitor's brightness/contrast to even see that about her eyes.
That part also confused me too but for a different reason lol. I almost thought she was working with a Two-Face from Batman situation with the way she was acting lmao. When she showed her eyes finally it didn't get the reaction from me that I think the dev was going for. It was more like a "...Okay and...?" moment for me.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
can you please elaborate on this a bit?
How is bringing Mr Rapey Bastard as your +1(If this actually happens) a good or even a justifiable move

PS: I'm not anti-Jaye, in fact I was pro Jaye before this update(now I'm pro Mallory:love:)
I'll reply to yours out of the many that quoted my post since I think replying to yours would cover a lot of ground. Apologies in advance if this becomes a long read.

Basically what I meant is that the relationship between MC and Jaye is based on many misunderstandings which then lead to conflicts because they weren't communicating with each properly (this is both ways and not just MC or Jaye not communicating to the other). So for Jaye to act negatively toward MC is because from Jaye's point of view, MC didn't seem to care about her or what she wants.

Let's have a recap of all the things that MC did if looked from Jaye's point of view:
1. MC suddenly avoided her (because MC didn't want her to teased by her friends) and from Jaye's pov, her brother/bestfriend just suddenly shut her out for absolutely no reason.
2. MC read her diary (invasion of privacy, and the present-MC acknowledged that there were things in that diary that she really really really wanted to be kept private)
3. When she fought with Christian after MC went home from the championships, and MC saw him getting out of the room, MC had accusing look and he didn't want to hear any explanation from her. Think about it this way, you just fought with your boyfriend because you didn't want to have sex with him, then you went out of the room, saw the guy you actually love looking at you with anger/hatred and didn't want to listen to you. This is a time when you needed the support, but you were once again abandoned.
4. MC then decided to announce it to the whole family, friends, and guests of the party that you (Jaye) were almost raped. Think about it, rape is a really hard issue where there are TONS of rape victim that couldn't go to the police because how hard it is to talk about it. Then for someone else (let alone the person you love) to announce it to a group of people just like that? While yes it was a rape attempt and not a successful one, it was still extremely embarrassing.
5. Then MC disappeared the next day. Completely shutting down the communication between them again.
6. Fast forward to parents' deaths, MC wasn't there to support her. This is not necessarily MC's fault, but it was again a miscommunication due to the phone number being blocked (from years ago that Jaye might or might not have done?). Once George confirmed that MC was indeed there, Jaye's reaction was to ask MC why he didn't try to contact her. She wanted to reconnect, but MC decided that it wasn't the right time and didn't make the contact.
7. The scene outside George's office. MC decided to leave on Uber while Jaye had to stop him to talk. Again, she wanted to talk.
8. Even after Tara had shown Jaye that MC's number was blocked (which Jaye said that she would never do so - no idea right or wrong in reality), MC had disappeared on his Uber. Notice the pattern here? MC's action is always just to run away instead of communicating to solve the conflict.
9. Fast forward to Aspen story, Jaye constantly texted MC to reconnect. She apologized about the blocked number and all that.
10. Fast forward to the flight back from Aspen, Jaye asked MC to get coffee together before meeting George. MC declined.
11. Outside of George's office, Mallory kissed MC in front of Jaye. From Jaye's pov "No time for coffee with me, but time to have kiss with this girl". This time MC was the one trying to explain for once, but Jaye was no longer just jealous, she just felt defeated because after all that (including the "read between the lines" text to MC), there was another girl that had MC instead.
12. This then turn into anger in George's office because apparently Mallory is not just a stranger but actually involved in this whole thing. With the kiss that they shared so openly in front of her, Jaye was basically on warpath to start hurting MC in return. That's why she started saying things like "fuckboy fund" or "Captain Starfucker"
13. (If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.

Jaye's action is driven by all of the above, not by a single particular action of MC.

The key thing here is that miscommunication is how things go wrong between the two people that actually love each other. Both Jaye and MC had their fair share of mistakes, but a healthy communication between the two could've solved tons of misunderstandings that would end up with them hurting each other instead. So far, Chasing Sunset is a tragic love story.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I can't find the post again but someone was saying Jaye was being incredibly selfish because she was thinking how much she needed the MC at the funeral. W.T.F!??? Seriously her parents have just been killed, her brother has abandoned her, she's got no family around when she's greaving and needs someone to lean on but is being selfish because she needs someone to lean on. All I can say is for your sake I hope you never find yourself in that situation. There is fuck all selfish about that. Truth is in that moment they both needed each other, even if douche-mc doesn't realise it yet. Ignoring her on the day of the funeral is going to come back to haunt him if he has any amount of emotional IQ and empathy. Which so far he's showing a surprising lack of.

im hoping when we find out what has happened in the 5 years the MC been away we wont have to watch any scenes of Jaye getting it on with anyone, like we already did with Jaye and Tara
Same. I know dev's can do as they like, but that would be the walk away from the game point for me.
I don't give a shit if it's in the past or whatever, that would be that 3 letter tag in my book and game over for me personally.

Am I the only person who feels like Jaye just brings her own problems on herself? Like if she could communicate at all,99 percent of her drama wouldn't exist.
Everyone seems to forget that Jaye has reached out several times and douche-mc just blows her off.
Jaye wanted to tell him 5 years ago - he ran away before she could.
In the first year, Jaye pleads with him to come back
After the lawyers when Jaye tries to talk to him and it comes out about the number being blocked, douche walks away.
Jaye phones him in aspen wants to talk, he's more interested in skii season.
Jaye offers to fly out to talk, he'll call her back and never does.
On the flight back, Jaye ask to meet again, he declines.
So everyone saying it's Jayes fault.... it's not, she reaches out, he blows her off, she reacts poorly.
Right now I'm leaning to 75% douche-mc's fault, 25% Jaye.
Though if she brings rapey-mcfuckface or anyone else I have to watch her bang including Tara, they can all sod off and live in misery.

djkunn out of reacts so (y)for most of your posts.

Last edited:

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Actually, there is one plausible solution that does not lead to an end as you described. Midnight Ghost posted about it a page or two back.

MC rushes Christian who escapes back to the chopper.
MC turns over to Jaye, grabs her, pulls her up over his shoulder, walks back, sits down, pulls Jaye over his knees, pulls her pants down, and starts spanking her ass hard.

The expected monologue/dialogue happens:

MC
smack This hurts me more than it hurts you smack because I love you smack more than anything smack, I left smack because I couldn't smack cope with my feelings for you smack but you are not doing this smack, not to our parents, smack not to me, not to us!
Do you understand? smack

Jaye
sobbing, heavy panting, orgasmic screams, more heavy panting... Yes...

Jaye walks away (sobbing) with her hands holding her naked burning red buttocks and her head down...
(Not visible to anyone, a happy smirk on her face gives away her true feelings...)

Asspull cliffhanger solved to everyone's satisfaction!
Jaye then goes full on sub :love:
The MC starts a harem with her, Mallory and Tara. :love:

I could support that.

(y)

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
One good reason why he didn't tell her "to get fucked" in that moment was because he was in the midst of an epiphany: Jaye is jealous which means she feels the same way about me as I do about her! *cue ACME™ ANVIL OF TRUTH*

Pretty sure that was supposed to be the takeaway from that scene.
He's acutally the biggest retard in the history of MC's.

He read her dairy 9 years ago, he knew exactly how she felt about him. He knew he felt the same a few years later.

Right now I can say he is probably my most hated MC in any game I've played. I get things were done or weren't done for story purposes, otherwise it would have been game over after the graduation party with Jaye and MC in love and happy together. I get that. It still pisses me off that he always runs away instead of faces things and just simps out and lets Mallory come along without question, doesn't say or stand up for himself or question George when there are so many things that need questioning.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
I'll reply to yours out of the many that quoted my post since I think replying to yours would cover a lot of ground. Apologies in advance if this becomes a long read.

Basically what I meant is that the relationship between MC and Jaye is based on many misunderstandings which then lead to conflicts because they weren't communicating with each properly (this is both ways and not just MC or Jaye not communicating to the other). So for Jaye to act negatively toward MC is because from Jaye's point of view, MC didn't seem to care about her or what she wants.

Let's have a recap of all the things that MC did if looked from Jaye's point of view:
1. MC suddenly avoided her (because MC didn't want her to teased by her friends) and from Jaye's pov, her brother/bestfriend just suddenly shut her out for absolutely no reason.
2. MC read her diary (invasion of privacy, and the present-MC acknowledged that there were things in that diary that she really really really wanted to be kept private)
3. When she fought with Christian after MC went home from the championships, and MC saw him getting out of the room, MC had accusing look and he didn't want to hear any explanation from her. Think about it this way, you just fought with your boyfriend because you didn't want to have sex with him, then you went out of the room, saw the guy you actually love looking at you with anger/hatred and didn't want to listen to you. This is a time when you needed the support, but you were once again abandoned.
4. MC then decided to announce it to the whole family, friends, and guests of the party that you (Jaye) were almost raped. Think about it, rape is a really hard issue where there are TONS of rape victim that couldn't go to the police because how hard it is to talk about it. Then for someone else (let alone the person you love) to announce it to a group of people just like that? While yes it was a rape attempt and not a successful one, it was still extremely embarrassing.
5. Then MC disappeared the next day. Completely shutting down the communication between them again.
6. Fast forward to parents' deaths, MC wasn't there to support her. This is not necessarily MC's fault, but it was again a miscommunication due to the phone number being blocked (from years ago that Jaye might or might not have done?). Once George confirmed that MC was indeed there, Jaye's reaction was to ask MC why he didn't try to contact her. She wanted to reconnect, but MC decided that it wasn't the right time and didn't make the contact.
7. The scene outside George's office. MC decided to leave on Uber while Jaye had to stop him to talk. Again, she wanted to talk.
8. Even after Tara had shown Jaye that MC's number was blocked (which Jaye said that she would never do so - no idea right or wrong in reality), MC had disappeared on his Uber. Notice the pattern here? MC's action is always just to run away instead of communicating to solve the conflict.
9. Fast forward to Aspen story, Jaye constantly texted MC to reconnect. She apologized about the blocked number and all that.
10. Fast forward to the flight back from Aspen, Jaye asked MC to get coffee together before meeting George. MC declined.
11. Outside of George's office, Mallory kissed MC in front of Jaye. From Jaye's pov "No time for coffee with me, but time to have kiss with this girl". This time MC was the one trying to explain for once, but Jaye was no longer just jealous, she just felt defeated because after all that (including the "read between the lines" text to MC), there was another girl that had MC instead.
12. This then turn into anger in George's office because apparently Mallory is not just a stranger but actually involved in this whole thing. With the kiss that they shared so openly in front of her, Jaye was basically on warpath to start hurting MC in return. That's why she started saying things like "fuckboy fund" or "Captain Starfucker"
13. (If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.

Jaye's action is driven by all of the above, not by a single particular action of MC.

The key thing here is that miscommunication is how things go wrong between the two people that actually love each other. Both Jaye and MC had their fair share of mistakes, but a healthy communication between the two could've solved tons of misunderstandings that would end up with them hurting each other instead. So far, Chasing Sunset is a tragic love story.
Bringing the guy who tried to sexually assault you and was the cause of the rift between your family as a whole and you and your brother in particular is not justifiable in any circumstance no matter how much you're hurting. Everything else I can see from her point of view even if I disagree with her reasoning but that last move should kill any interest MC has in her completely.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
He's acutally the biggest retard in the history of MC's.

He read her dairy 9 years ago, he knew exactly how she felt about him. He knew he felt the same a few years later.

Right now I can say he is probably my most hated MC in any game I've played. I get things were done or weren't done for story purposes, otherwise it would have been game over after the graduation party with Jaye and MC in love and happy together. I get that. It still pisses me off that he always runs away instead of faces things and just simps out and lets Mallory come along without question, doesn't say or stand up for himself or question George when there are so many things that need questioning.
I do admit I don't like that the MC would rather run than solve his problems with Jaye but you have to take into account she's not making it easy for him even though she herself admitted that she knows she's the reason he ran away in the first place. She's constantly sending him mixed signals and still can't be honest with her own feelings. I get people running away when they're afraid of conflict or drama but constantly berating the person you supposedly love is rarely going to make that person want to get closer to you.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020

I agree with each and every point you wrote, if these dumbasses just sat down and had a good talk all of this mess would be gone and its fucking "happy ever after" :FacePalm:
But thinking about it, its really not that easy when you're having feelings for someone who is forbidden:unsure:

And yes MC did a lot of stupid shit, but every time he did something stupid he wanted best for Jaye

None of them should be blamed for anything up to the Yacht point, its just a case of failure of communication

but 13th
(If Christian is the +1) it makes sense because Christian would be the one that hurt MC the most. It's not like Jaye is planning to marry him. Just to get him there to piss off MC in retaliation of the things that MC had done to piss her off. That's how it's justifiable.
This one is really not justifiable in any situation.
Even if she didn't had any feelings for MC, bringing Rapey Bastard shows that there are some issues with Jaye

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes