4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

This is just a quick update to say that the Chapter 8 beta is coming together nicely, and we're hoping to have it out to testers next week.

Kent and I will review the script from front to back this weekend before clearing the beta for our diligent beta crew.

From this milestone forward, it is usually between one and three weeks to release, and we're going to do our best to get it out in that timeframe.

This is the most hectic time of the dev cycle, as we're bringing all of the bits and pieces that have been worked on individually and stitched together into a cohesive whole, and testing those paths and unlocks against various paths, while trying to ensure we haven't made any errors with point totals.

My focus between now and launch will be debugging and dialogue refinement. All animations are completed, and any art that's left is purely incidental or supplemental because we felt and image didn't feel right for a delivered line.

So, where do we sit as of this moment?

About 1900 original Kentyrr still images
  • 8 new animations (another 1900 images)
  • 7 new characters
  • 2 Post-credits scenes
  • 2 scenes with a popular blonde
  • A crossover with a franchise you might not expect
  • Corrections and fixes to previous chapters
As we work through the beta process and get closer to a go date, we'll make one more post to finalize are target release before the links are actually published.

We're grateful for your patience and your support as we close out Chapter 8 and begin planning the penultimate chapter of our first visual novel.
No mention of Lisa scenes.:cry:

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
wait, I might have mixed them up, 2 scenes must be with Tara and the next bullet point unrelated.
The popular blonde is definitely Tara, who is in the preview of the update. But the blonde in the hug with Amanda could be the announced guest star, I'm not sure it could be Maya.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The popular blonde is definitely Tara, who is in the preview of the update. But the blonde in the hug with Amanda could be the announced guest star, I'm not sure it could be Maya.
She has the hairstyle, so CS x Cyberpunk 2077 crossover confirmed!

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Any other guesses what other popular blondes could be?
It could be Bella from Summer's Gone.

Ocean actually helped with the lighting of the game, in fact he already appears in the end credits of the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Highly improbable but it wouldn't be " a franchise you might not expect " otherwise.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
It could be Bella from Summer's Gone.

Ocean actually helped with the lighting of the game, in fact he already appears in the end credits of the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Highly improbable but it wouldn't be " a franchise you might not expect " otherwise.
Good eye and now that I remember Kentyrr is a big Bella fan. I don't hate it, but don't see how it would fit :unsure:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Good eye and now that I remember Kentyrr is a big Bella fan. I don't hate it, but don't see how it would fit :unsure:
Yeah, Ocean doesn't strike me as somebody who's interested in joining an expanded universe.

But CS is quite big on Steam and he'll soon release his own game there. Free publicity to a public he couldn't reach otherwise and getting a feet through the door might have convinced him though.

Rethinking it though I'm changing my prediction to Sasha. She would fit in more as another of Jaye's mega-rich friend, is more visually recognizable and is also the game's poster girl.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
You really didn't read it. It was from 2 days ago. :cautious:

This is just a quick update to say that the Chapter 8 beta is coming together nicely, and we're hoping to have it out to testers next week.

Kent and I will review the script from front to back this weekend before clearing the beta for our diligent beta crew.

From this milestone forward, it is usually between one and three weeks to release, and we're going to do our best to get it out in that timeframe.

This is the most hectic time of the dev cycle, as we're bringing all of the bits and pieces that have been worked on individually and stitched together into a cohesive whole, and testing those paths and unlocks against various paths, while trying to ensure we haven't made any errors with point totals.

My focus between now and launch will be debugging and dialogue refinement. All animations are completed, and any art that's left is purely incidental or supplemental because we felt and image didn't feel right for a delivered line.

• 7 new characters
  • 2 Post-credits scenes
As we work through the beta process and get closer to a go date, we'll make one more post to finalize are target release before the links are actually published.

We're grateful for your patience and your support as we close out Chapter 8 and begin planning the penultimate chapter of our first visual novel.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You really didn't read it. It was from 2 days ago. :cautious:

• 7 new characters
  • 2 Post-credits scenes

No, I've seen it, I am just being salty about the milky.b way of life, the 'sending beta' and then 1 month later the game still not being out. Which is what 'post production means to me, the game is almost ready to ship, 1-2 weeks, not 6+...

And the end of the month running joke is just a reminder that this is the 2nd update back to back that seems to follow the same formula, where the target date and the actual release are so long between. Not even DPC has this long of a beta period :HideThePain:
If you don't remember just search our posts in this thread.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
No, I've seen it, I am just being salty about the milky.b way of life, the 'sending beta' and then 1 month later the game still not being out. Which is what 'post production means to me, the game is almost ready to ship, 1-2 weeks, not 6+...

And the end of the month running joke is just a reminder that this is the 2nd update back to back that seems to follow the same formula, where the target date and the actual release are so long between. Not even DPC has this long of a beta period :HideThePain:
Yeah but they get the job done.

I really don't rememberthe reason it got delayed so much in the May release update when it was supposed to drop in April. But have patience fren, everything we need will soon be here (hopefully plenty of Lisa and Tara scenes as well).

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Well, that's YOUR definition of post-production.

The more common definition of post-production in a VN is to "put together all the visual and audio elements together", all of which would need to occur BEFORE beta.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes