4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Reactions: wildride69
Apr 1, 2023
IIRC they said in Discord that Lisa will have content in this new update. I believe it was said right after the last chapter released though so who knows if it's still true don't blame me if she doesn't.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
IIRC they said in Discord that Lisa will have content in this new update. I believe it was said right after the last chapter released though so who knows if it's still true don't blame me if she doesn't.
Did the devs define "content"? Technically a second of screen time is "content".

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Did the devs define "content"? Technically a second of screen time is "content".
Lisa content has thusfar been gated to paths without Jaye/Mallory.

I am still hoping devs reverse course, add Lisa and Tara back as LI in this game, and start fresh in the new game. The benefit of tying them in is so small, and the thought of a new MC conquering them when this MC couldn't is hard to countenance.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not a fan of Lisa, but that is a lovely render.

That hardly precludes her from having a scene in this game. It may wind up causing them headaches down the line, but this dev team doesn't seem shy away from giving future LIs a past history.
It is not impossible but remains improbable. A temptation that you already know will lead to nothing is not a real temptation

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
I doubt that Lisa and Tara having past presence in this game will cause real problems for the next title. I mean, its one games MC and the sexy stuff is backstory character building or for some special circumstance fun.
Im more concerned about the amount of girls shown in the next game. How to balance that amount of content. Unless its more of a starting line of potential love interests and side prospects combined.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I doubt that Lisa and Tara having past presence in this game will cause real problems for the next title. I mean, its one games MC and the sexy stuff is backstory character building or for some special circumstance fun.
Im more concerned about the amount of girls shown in the next game. How to balance that amount of content. Unless its more of a starting line of potential love interests and side prospects combined.
in this game it was a "problem" that Jaye might not be a virgin (and because of that create one of the most cringe moments in the entire story)... it certainly would not have been an advantage if in a previous game she had been interested in someone else.

but then really that's not even the issue: once it is established that they are going to be protagonists in a new story, everything they accumulate in this one would only be an obstacle to the freedom to tell this new story, and they already have very few constraints on them.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
in this game it was a "problem" that Jaye might not be a virgin (and because of that create one of the most pringe moments in the entire story)... it certainly would not have been an advantage if in a previous game she had been interested in someone else.

but then really that's not even the issue: once it is established that they are going to be protagonists in a new story, everything they accumulate in this one would only be an obstacle to the freedom to tell this new story, and they already have very few constraints on them.
I thought they said that the other game was more if an alternative reality setting, so nothing that happens in CS would matter at all.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I thought they said that the other game was more if an alternative reality setting, so nothing that happens in CS would matter at all.
I had not read this news

so in the new game there will be two characters with the same model as Tara and Lisa, who may be called Tara and Lisa, but are definitely not Tara and Lisa.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It is not impossible but remains improbable. A temptation that you already know will lead to nothing is not a real temptation
Sure, but there's no reason to pigeonhole Lisa into being a mere temptation. It's entirely possible to see her as side-girl the MC can have some fun with when he's not on either LI's path; the fact she can also serve as a temptation to MC who *are* on a path is a bonus. Now it's true that any action with Lisa will ultimately be a one-night stand, but so what? That's the lot of a side-girl. No sense acting surprised about it now.

in this game it was a "problem" that Jaye might not be a virgin (and because of that create one of the most pringe moments in the entire story)... it certainly would not have been an advantage if in a previous game she had been interested in someone else.

True, people complained about Jaye's lack of virginity, but so far the devs have stuck to their guns about it. IMHO, that's they should; I find the obsession with LIs being virgins borderline creepy. Other people are free to disagree, of course, but that may ultimately mean the game isn't for them. You can't please everyone all the time, and trying to do so is a slippery slope to mediocrity.

Assuming the devs hold the same philosophy in their next game, I don't think Lisa's time as a side-girl in this game will necessarily limit their freedom. Why would she need to get into details on this particular one-night stand? Even in Chasing Sunsets, Lisa already implies she's learned to "cultivate opportunities" where she can. The implications of that seem clear to me yet we never go into details, and it doesn't seem to damaged her popularity. The same blueprint should work in the next game... as long as the devs are comfortable with Lisa having a nebulous history once she's promoted to LI. Hopefully they will be, but we'll see how it goes.

Personally, I think Tara is a much bigger issue because the events of this game are FAR more central to her story. But even that can be worked around as long as the devs are willing to cut bait by the end of CS and establish unambiguously that Tara is over her earlier infatuation with the MC. Of course, there's no guarantee they'll catch lightning in a bottle with Tara again, but that's the risk they need to take to pull this off.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Sure, but there's no reason to pigeonhole Lisa into being a mere temptation. It's entirely possible to see her as side-girl the MC can have some fun with when he's not on either LI's path; the fact she can also serve as a temptation to MC who *are* on a path is a bonus. Now it's true that any action with Lisa will ultimately be a one-night stand, but so what? That's the lot of a side-girl. No sense acting surprised about it now.

True, people complained about Jaye's lack of virginity, but so far the devs have stuck to their guns about it. IMHO, that's they should; I find the obsession with LIs being virgins borderline creepy. Other people are free to disagree, of course, but that may ultimately mean the game isn't for them. You can't please everyone all the time, and trying to do so is a slippery slope to mediocrity.

Assuming the devs hold the same philosophy in their next game, I don't think Lisa's time as a side-girl in this game will necessarily limit their freedom. Why would she need to get into details on this particular one-night stand? Even in Chasing Sunsets, Lisa already implies she's learned to "cultivate opportunities" where she can. The implications of that seem clear to me yet we never go into details, and it doesn't seem to damaged her popularity. The same blueprint should work in the next game... as long as the devs are comfortable with Lisa having a nebulous history once she's promoted to LI. Hopefully they will be, but we'll see how it goes.

Personally, I think Tara is a much bigger issue because the events of this game are FAR more central to her story. But even that can be worked around as long as the devs are willing to cut bait by the end of CS and establish unambiguously that Tara is over her earlier infatuation with the MC. Of course, there's no guarantee they'll catch lightning in a bottle with Tara again, but that's the risk they need to take to pull this off.
Lisa certainly represents a minor problem, although this fact that she is one who takes advantage of opportunities is definitely not a good presentation for an LI...

about Tara, they have in fact already eliminated her from the story by making her from a central character in the first part to a virtual presence in the story between Jaye and MC

me what I don't understand is what's in it for them. this recycling of characters involves only risk and virtually no gain (since their prior history is to be forgotten or erased).

Reactions: DA22

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020

That was when people thought it was McDouche right? If people have a problem with an MC in another story they have played as have an issue with that MC they they are mentally disturbed. More than usual I mean.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes