4.60 star(s) 308 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
People will argue that they cheat on the MC of Chasing Sunsets...guaranteed.
I once had this conversation on a another VN with a fellow member.
I may have agreed on that if it was Jaye or even Mallory but neither of them have any relation with MC of Chasing Sunset. At best they are side girls, most likely they are just friends of MC. :confused::unsure: I am confused now.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I may have agreed on that if it was Jaye or even Mallory but neither of them have any relation with MC of Chasing Sunset. At best they are side girls, most likely they are just friends of MC. :confused::unsure: I am confused now.
I know. ;)
But they are part of the cast and story, therefore they are bound to the MC of CS and his dick. Some people swing that way, i guess.

Reactions: Nurikabe

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
I understand that people like to have a variety of playthroughs.

On my first playthrough of CS - I built full trust and love with Jaye early on - and she was a virgin who waited for the MC for their first time.

I also played later with a different focus for the MC/Jaye, breaking trust with Jaye - I was not shocked At all when she was not a virgin when she and the MC had their first time.

I like a story where there is consequence for the actions of the MC.

I don't understand those who complained that Jaye was not a virgin the first time she and the MC had sex when their choices did not create the bond of trust that Jaye needed to remain faithful to a hope (one she still held).

If this is what some people required of Jaye - her virginity for the MC - create a new playthrough - isn't that what replayability is all about?

Does the story still streamline (no ability to expand the primary LI roster beyond Jaye/Mallory) so we end up with less 'choice' than some of us want - sure.

I'll take that over a 1 year = 1 release dev cycle though.

Cheers!! :coffee:
Oh wow.

I didnt know my headcanon was canon if you played a certain way. In my main playthrough i played high trust with Jaye. Internally it made more sense to me based on the childhood and parental loving family dynamic that genuine respect would be a factor and much of the trust is in regards to the business so it just grew high there, while love was lagging behind. (nurtured a hope to bag Tara somewhere along the line)

I took it for granted that Jaye had dated like any normal person in the years of zero contact and growing into a new person. And now i learned that if trust is low she actually did what my headcanon says she should have done. Thank you!

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
All this incel yapping overlooks the obvious narrative risk. If the reader is meant to believe that new MC succeeds where old MC fails for Tara/Lisa, then the onus is on the devs to make it convincing. If new MC is subjectively less attractive than old MC or otherwise less appealing, cognitive dissonance from having played this game may overshadow immersion in the new narrative. I know I wouldn't be able to take the new game seriously if I thought the relationships with established characters were not believably motivated given their historical contexts.

This is why I hold it is safer to separate the main casts between games.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
People, MrJet shared some previews of his upcoming new game a few days ago. He included a pic of one of the girls.
Do you believe I'm right to think she may have been based on the same model as Tara? :unsure:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not seeing it. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see the resemblance.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not seeing it. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see the resemblance.
For me, exactly the same nose, same eyes (shape and colour), same eyebrows... even a similar body shape althought I guess that would be easy to change in most models.
The chin and jaw don't look exactly the same though at least in that pic. Again, it may be something that can be tweaked to the dev's liking.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
All this incel yapping overlooks the obvious narrative risk. If the reader is meant to believe that new MC succeeds where old MC fails for Tara/Lisa, then the onus is on the devs to make it convincing. If new MC is subjectively less attractive than old MC or otherwise less appealing, cognitive dissonance from having played this game may overshadow immersion in the new narrative. I know I wouldn't be able to take the new game seriously if I thought the relationships with established characters were not believably motivated given their historical contexts.

This is why I hold it is safer to separate the main casts between games.
Yeah, still not buying it. The game has not come out yet. We don't even know the plot. We have no idea who the MC is. We don't know how Lisa or Tara fit into that world. We don't know what happens or what has happened in the past to Tara or Lisa in THIS world.

It is completely up to you whether you want to take the new game seriously and what you base that on. But making a rash judgment decision based on what you think might happen in a game that hasn't even been made yet is... well, it is up to you.

Cognitive dissonance comes from holding two ideas that clash with one another due to a discrepancy in the outer or inner world of the person. Basically, if you believe something to be true, but then find something that shows that belief clashes with the new information, you experience cognitive dissonance. So, how the new game will be viewed by each individual is entirely up to that individual. You can choose to hold on to the old information and refuse to believe the new information. But that is on you, not the author.

There are so many examples of characters being used multiple times to tell different stories in both literature and pop culture (movies, etc.). There will always be a low percentage of people who cannot let go of what they believe about a character from a different source. Yes, that can be a risk an author takes. But it is a worthy risk and a gamble that typically pays off.

Love to see the adolescent facepalm gang is alive and well in this thread.
People, MrJet shared some previews of his upcoming new game a few days ago. He included a pic of one of the girls.
Do you believe I'm right to think she may have been based on the same model as Tara? :unsure:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree with both you and Aristos here. She very much looks like the same base model. I have been looking for that model! Kentrr typically makes minor changes to existing models. Occasionally, he makes major changes and you get a very different look that makes it hard to deconstruct and determine who the base model is. Most devs make very few changes to models (increase the bust and ass/thighs).

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes