4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I haven't played since 0.7 and will updating to 0.9 next week.
For anyone that knows, what is the difference between the SanchoMod and the Joker-WT?
Thanks.
There's a decent chance you won't be able to use your 0.7 saves. Devs updated their RenPy version for Ch8, and my saves (Sancho modded) would open, but I couldn't get back to the menu to save them. Sancho "fixed" two of my saves that will presumably play, but I never got back to it. Might DL 0.9 and try to pick up with my old saves and see if they work now (doubt it), but I have way more than the two routes Sancho helped me with, so I foresee taking a couple weeks at some point to replay all of my routes and maybe add some others to pick up the three "achievements" I missed through Ch 7.

That said, you should try - some worked, some didn't. Sancho did as much as he could to make it all work; don't know what Joker might have done.

Reactions: gam2000

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Objectively, this game is bad. It is what it is my brother.
Wait wasn't it dumb ? I mean that confuses me what now?
gam2000 Joker Mod gives you WT for Thresome route and you can adjust your Trust / Love Score.
your saves are not compatible with the unmoded game though.
Loved this Update, and Loved Peanuts Intermezzo, Great Job !

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
There's a decent chance you won't be able to use your 0.7 saves. Devs updated their RenPy version for Ch8, and my saves (Sancho modded) would open, but I couldn't get back to the menu to save them. Sancho "fixed" two of my saves that will presumably play, but I never got back to it. Might DL 0.9 and try to pick up with my old saves and see if they work now (doubt it), but I have way more than the two routes Sancho helped me with, so I foresee taking a couple weeks at some point to replay all of my routes and maybe add some others to pick up the three "achievements" I missed through Ch 7.

That said, you should try - some worked, some didn't. Sancho did as much as he could to make it all work; don't know what Joker might have done.
I'm not sure why that happened, as I haven't had any issues, and Sancho has a save fixer that will let you load saves if you use his mod (same goes for any game he does).

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just my guesses but maybe try:

-> fire gary the fucker
-> uncover the fucking crime ring who guided/helped the mc parents killers
-> and therefore have faith in amanda and let her handle ferguson

Lets be honest, at this point Amanda seems like a cheat-code anyway, she wont fail
No No and No

Uxeki44

Oct 15, 2023
overrated game, the only hot girl is the red hair, the others are meh honestly , the story is dumb , the renders are good
I can say whatever i want if im not attacking someone, and you already called me dumb, think about it.

X2 , the story is so bad and boring . The red hair girl is not sexy ...

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I can say whatever i want if im not attacking someone, and you already called me dumb, think about it.

Thank you for illustrating everybody's point on how dumb you are. Your opinion that the story is dumb is literally purely subjective, because all opinions are subjective. There is nothing objective about it. It takes a dumb one to mistake one for the other.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I'm not sure why that happened, as I haven't had any issues, and Sancho has a save fixer that will let you load saves if you use his mod (same goes for any game he does).
He and I went through it back after the 0.8 release. When I loaded a saved game and then tried to save it, the system was looking for files that didn't exist in the programming and wouldn't bring up the save menu (either via right click or via quick menu button). Sancho was able to do some magic on a couple of saves so that they could be played and saved, but none of my other plays would allow me to save off (as of release 8a) from a previous save - it was new game or nothing. And I'd always played this using Sancho (started with release 6 just before release 7, then played release 7 within a few days of finishing my release 6 playthroughs). We tried it without a mod using the Sancho "save fixer", but that didn't work either. I don't know that it was ever determined (or at least explained) what went wrong in those saves - something just did, and it couldn't be fixed with some kind of alteration in the Mod code (at least at the time) - it had to be about 40 minutes of surgery per save to fix some references within the file. If I recall correctly, I have more than a dozen active routes (and a couple of inactive because I deliberately did things to "achieve" an early end to get the "achievements" for that), so fixing all of my saves to be able to continue on just isn't feasible.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Joker Mod gives you WT for Thresome route and you can adjust your Trust / Love Score
To be fair, they both do the minimal things bud. Just sayin'. It doesn't matter to me personally as all I'm doing is sharing a few of my personal toys, so by all means use whatever it is that makes your experience the best. That's the whole point of why multiple mods should be listed in ALL VN OP's.... choice. The power of choice should be available to all site users, and not have them limited to just one listed thinking there's nothing else out there for them to try.

That's the real bottom line. Besides, Joker and I are friends. Have been from the very start I was here when he was the only once who ever asked if he could use some of my code back in the day (the very first Sancho named save code many many moons ago). Every other modder on the site just simply stole it for themselves. I'm not a fan of pirates stealing from other pirates that are sailing on the same ship. I am a fan of plundering as a group and sharing those spoilers freely. There's a difference imho. Community. But I digress... and it's a story for another day.

Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
He and I went through it back after the 0.8 release.
It's all about the jump from RenPy v7 to v8.... it just shouldn't ever be done mid VN imo. It always breaks things, and always will. No worries though, just posting this for clarification on what the issue's basis was.

Honestly if one only has very old save then it is best they start a new playthrough (or more). The reason? Many things have changed variable and conditional-wise in the code over the course of the last few updates. I've been apart of many of them directly with the dev team when bugs/issues were found. Even with this current update it's best to replay Chapter 7 as there are conditional coding fixes in that chapter that weren't in the last update.

Just an FYI for folks to know.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
It's all about the jump from RenPy v7 to v8.... it just shouldn't ever be done mid VN imo. It always breaks things, and always will. No worries though, just posting this for clarification on what the issue's basis was.

Honestly if one only has very old save then it is best they start a new playthrough (or more). The reason? Many things have changed variable and conditional-wise in the code over the course of the last few updates. I've been apart of many of them directly with the dev team when bugs/issues were found. Even with this current update it's best to replay Chapter 7 as there are conditional coding fixes in that chapter that weren't in the last update.

So we should replay Chapter 7 once we get our hands onto the new update,Well alright then...

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So we should replay Chapter 7 once we get our hands onto the new update,Well alright then...
Yes...for those who don't cheat (since then it likely won't matter much anyway). A couple of the conditional changes alter the Relp awarded so purists will certainly want to replay Chapter 7.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023

I appreciate the work of both of you, but I'm playing this game with your mod... I'll wait patiently until you finish the update, and if necessary I'll start a new game.... I have time, I'm not in a hurry...

Reactions: motseer

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Yeah - I'm guessing the best explanation for us non-techies (as least as far as VNs go) is that file references/names get changed, mechanisms get altered moving from one version of RenPy to another, and the persistent/saves have the old data baked in and no way to find what those old things changed to, if they're even part of the newly updated release in some form. I'm guessing you do some kind of translation matrix for certain things, but that can't really be done for everything that might get changed - at least not in any efficient manner that it makes sense to spend the time doing. Thus, shit breaks and can't really be fixed on a wholesale basis. Many were fortunate and had saves that would work; I wasn't.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Yes...for those who don't cheat (since then it likely won't matter much anyway). A couple of the conditional changes alter the Relp awarded so purists will certainly want to replay Chapter 7.
Not gonna lie I'm actually thinking of replaying the whole of the game once I get my hands on the update just to kinda refresh my memory and go into chapter 8 straight from chapter 7 well I would have been doing this last thing anyway but it kinda feels nice to run trough the whole game all at once even tho there are still 2 chapters after this to go.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not gonna lie I'm actually thinking of replaying the whole of the game once I get my hands on the update just to kinda refresh my memory and go into chapter 8 straight from chapter 7 well I would have been doing this last thing anyway but it kinda feels nice to run trough the whole game all at once even tho there are still 2 chapters after this to go.
Ain't gonna lie, I'd have to agree that this is one of a handful of VN's I like to replay periodically. You can always tell by how long it takes me to update the mod. It's either due to a ton of bugs or I'm being very meticulous in menu choreography, special customized features, etc since I'm a fanboy of the dev's product. LoF was one that got that attention as well, and a few others.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
To be fair, they both do the minimal things bud. Just sayin'. It doesn't matter to me personally as all I'm doing is sharing a few of my personal toys, so by all means use whatever it is that makes your experience the best. That's the whole point of why multiple mods should be listed in ALL VN OP's.... choice. The power of choice should be available to all site users, and not have them limited to just one listed thinking there's nothing else out there for them to try.

That's the real bottom line. Besides, Joker and I are friends. Have been from the very start I was here when he was the only once who ever asked if he could use some of my code back in the day (the very first Sancho named save code many many moons ago). Every other modder on the site just simply stole it for themselves. I'm not a fan of pirates stealing from other pirates that are sailing on the same ship. I am a fan of plundering as a group and sharing those spoilers freely. There's a difference imho. Community. But I digress... and it's a story for another day.

Regards.
I was telling this guy what Jokers mod does the ups and downs not judging or else

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes