4.60 star(s) 303 Votes

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Will admit I'm pretty curious about their next game - hoping they go bigtime with a bigger cast overall, etc like Summer's Gone / BaD. That is what tends to make the games feel more real, IMO.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I'm currently playing the last update cause I'm late af.

Has it already been confirmed we'll be playing as Jason (Lisa's cousin) in the next game?

• Wow
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I have never read this anticipation
I haven't read it anywhere as well, that's why I was asking.

Lisa and her cousin have a love-strained relation very similar to Jaye and the MC, and a quasi-incest one to top. Both are core elements of CS that I think they want to keep in the next game.

Playing the bar scene after they announced the new game with her as LI it seems quite obvious they're setting up their backstory.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I haven't read it anywhere as well, that's why I was asking.

Lisa and her cousin have a love-strained relation very similar to Jaye and the MC, and a quasi-incest one to top. Both are core elements of CS that I think they want to keep in the next game.

Playing the bar scene after they announced the new game with her as LI it seems quite obvious they're setting up their backstory.
His cousin would be incest, I don't think it's the right time on patreon.

I am also not convinced that Lisa and Tara will be so central.With so many LIs the story cannot be too centered on one relationship.

In cs it was fine because there were 2 LIs in the end

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I am also not convinced that Lisa and Tara will be so central.With so many LIs the story cannot be too centered on one relationship.

In cs it was fine because there were 2 LIs in the end
Neither Tara or Lisa will be as popular in the next game, especially with that amount of LI's. I haven't played the game but i can tell you which one im already going for (hint its Tara's Mom the super hot milf whos 3rd from the right). :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Neither Tara or Lisa will be as popular in the next game, especially with that amount of LI's. I haven't played the game but i can tell you which one im already going for. :ROFLMAO:
Popularity depends on the story. For me it will be hard for both of them to be popular with are now, and especially for Tara I have a hard time imagining a more interesting story than the current one

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
His cousin would be incest, I don't think it's the right time on patreon.
Relationship between cousins isn't incest, in fact you can legally marry your cousin pretty much anywhere.
There're a few game that have cousin relationship without the need of censoring it. Patreon seems to be cool with it.
The girls in the line-up are, I quote, " the lovely ladies who will breathe life into our world ".
Not all of them will be LI, actually I would be surprised if more than 5-6 of them will be.

Anyway that's just my guess, we shall see in the future~

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Relationship between cousins isn't incest, in fact you can legally marry your cousin pretty much anywhere.
There're a few game that have cousin relationship without the need of censoring it. Patreon seems to be cool with it.
they may not enforce the cousin stuff but according to their guidelines they still fall into the not permitted category

Not permitted

• Real or animated works (photo, video, written, audio) featuring sexual activity or role play interactions between family members who are blood relatives or part of the same immediate family (e.g. siblings, parents, adopted children, step-siblings, step-parents).

Reactions: felicemastronzo

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

The girls in the line-up are, I quote, " the lovely ladies who will breathe life into our world ".
Not all of them will be LI, actually I would be surprised if more than 5-6 of them will be.

Anyway that's just my guess, we shall see in the future~
I understand where you are coming from.

Part of the problem is Patreon itself:

Their most recent crusade
Their uneven application of their TOS, depending on which reviewer is involved
Their willingness to change the 'rules' and then apply them to the AVN community with very little warning.

What happened recently (ex.) - reviewing Discord server content and telling the creators supported by those servers what was and was not acceptable is a good example of changing the rules (or at least applying them much more rigorously than was done in the past).

I think new stories that depend on Patreon for a major % of their support $ need to be Very careful in how they guild their stories and represent their LI relationships.

I'm looking forward to Firebreak and am hoping for a compelling story within which the MC and the various LIs live but I think best college friends or childhood friends that lived next to each other is about the limit in familiarity between the MC and any LI to avoid the Patreon thunderbolt (at least right now).

Cheers!! :coffee:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I find that less than comforting. Granted, the prologue for Chasing Sunsets was pretty weak: too much setup and too little finesse. But it still had some sex scenes, and IMHO they made things worse, not better. More importantly, the later chapters have all but stalled as the game finds increasingly bizarre ways to get the MC some action (or at least a heaping dose of innuendo) rather than pay off all the time spent building up the LIs as characters.

The game's sweet spot was the middle chapters where the main romances were still in the slow burn phase but there were a lot of character dynamics (sexual and otherwise) to play with. That's what I wish they'd expand upon for their next game. IMHO, anyway.

Reactions: jufot

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I find that less than comforting. Granted, the prologue for Chasing Sunsets was pretty weak: too much setup and too little finesse. But it still had some sex scenes, and IMHO they made things worse, not better. More importantly, the later chapters have all but stalled as the game finds increasingly bizarre ways to get the MC some action (or at least a heaping dose of innuendo) rather than pay off all the time spent building up the LIs as characters.

The game's sweet spot was the middle chapters where the main romances were still in the slow burn phase but there were a lot of character dynamics (sexual and otherwise) to play with. That's what I wish they'd expand upon for their next game. IMHO, anyway.
I read that as the classic, everyone' new favorite meta, cam whores/onlyfans/sex workers as LI. I hope I am wrong because its overplayed as fuck in the last 2 years, might make me skip it entirely.

Seeing as I barely updated my Steam and have yet to play the last update after the whole Mallory throuple debacle and then saw that they used the long awaited Lisa scene(which might be the last one) to make a joke about George's dick...This game and dev team went from my favorites that I couldnt wait to play the second it released, ever since 0.1, to a game I will play eventualy...probably.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I read that as the classic, everyone' new favorite meta, cam whores/onlyfans/sex workers as LI. I hope I am wrong because its overplayed as fuck in the last 2 years, might make me skip it entirely.

Seeing as I barely updated my Steam and have yet to play the last update after the whole Mallory throuple debacle and then saw that they used the long awaited Lisa scene(which might be the last one) to make a joke about George's dick...This game and dev team went from my favorites that I couldnt wait to play the second it released, ever since 0.1, to a game I will play eventualy...probably.
The George's dick joke was pretty fucking funny though.

Since we're talking criticisms, my pet peeve with Chasing Sunsets is probably pretty minor for most people but I'm hoping that the hair is improved in the next game. Particularly in the case of wet hair. Chasing sunsets still seems to use that awful Daz wet hair asset that shows up in so many VNs and it looks horrendous and unrealistic. I've seen other ones like Origin Story, Red Lucy, Summer Heat, and Shut Up and Dance where the wet hair looks incredible and realistic. So I know it can be done.

There's also hair gravity too. There's a part in CS where Jaye's head is hanging over the side of the bed but her hair is still rigid and doesn't hang down like real hair. I know it's a nit pic but that shit sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I've noticed some Devs really doing some cool things with CG detail in general and it's making their games stand out. Realistic hair and flesh, how breasts and hiplines react with clothing tension, clothing gravity, etc... I hope that all gets considered in the new game.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 303 Votes