PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Which is harder making a VN or hitting dates oh well another week or 2 won't kill anyone
Given the increased quality of Chasing Sunsets over time, I'm glad that they caught the problems and are so close to fixing them, versus taking a big step back in terms of quality.

Committing to respond to questions/comments on Patreon/SS as well as providing another dev update in 1 week is also nice.

I'm looking forward to this next update!

There are a number of other devs I support who are also delivering in August so this will be an AVN feast month for me!

Add in (for those who enjoy college football more than the NFL like I do) college football starting up at the end of the month and life is Good!!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Jul 4, 2024
Chasing Sunsets Ch9 - Close but no banana!

An hour ago

Judgy Mallory is Judgy. Why, you ask?

Soooo...Here we are on August 1, or one day after the targeted release from our last update.

I wanted to post a quick note to share where we're at.

As you can probably guess, a few issues have conspired to cost us time.
The first is that we felt one scene delivered less impact than preceding scene, where we should have seen some escalation. As such, we expanded it.
The second is that we've been fighting some issues in our shared DAZ library with morph persistence. In short, Kent typically poses scenes, and I render them. The problem was that when I rendered them, we began seeing inaccuracies in posing that didn't make sense, requiring extensive rework.
The third is that when we viewed all of the artwork in context, we found a few scenes where cameras had mysteriously shifted and the art needed to be re-rendered.
As of now, we believe those problems have been solved.
So, where does that leave us?
  • Art: 98% (Some rework and one animation pending)
  • Script: 100%
  • Sound/Music: 65%
  • Unlockables: 33%
While that looks scary, it's really just a week or so of catch-up if all goes well. We'll keep plugging away and let you know if we hit any more complications. Please know Kent and I are burning the midnight oil to put a ribbon on this thing and get it shipped!
We'll post an update one week from today for the sake of transparency.
I'm sorry we missed our target, but happy I set it for July 31, since it really motivated us to churn out a ton of work trying to achieve it.
If you have any questions, I'll return to this post at least once a day until the next update to answer them the best I can.
As always, thanks for bearing with us, and we look forward to reporting good news soon.
This is also the post where I remind folks that if they don't want their Patron/Discord name to be included in the closing credits, to send me a DM here or in Discord to be excluded.
So august 10th? lets hope so cuz its about time

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Mallory's insecurities and discomfort with physical touch has nothing to do with her heterochromia (different colour eyes) itself but the fact that her father made her feel like a freak and worthless.
Personally I love both Mallory and Jaye and I hope that they can all have a happy ending. Noone deserves it more than Mallory IMO.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Mallory's insecurities and discomfort with physical touch has nothing to do with her heterochromia (different colour eyes) itself but the fact that her father made her feel like a freak and worthless.
Personally I love both Mallory and Jaye and I hope that they can all have a happy ending. Noone deserves it more than Mallory IMO.
Agree. Mallory needs someone to make her feel like she has worth after her extremely crappy childhood. She deserves a happy ending and I'm going to be doing my best to give it to her. :)

Reactions: Justaphase

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
The insecurities came from the fake father, but the physical touch issue came from the foster care system. She tells Alex that when they had their heart to heart in the beginning. Peanut later on told him the same thing when they had the threesome.

heath68

Jul 9, 2020
Has anyone seen a list of the songs used? I have tried using Shazam and Soundhound but end up with a lot of false names. Would love to get a Spotify list going of some of the songs from this. Thanks!

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Has anyone seen a list of the songs used? I have tried using Shazam and Soundhound but end up with a lot of false names. Would love to get a Spotify list going of some of the songs from this. Thanks!
If you use Unren, you might be able to get them from the VN itself - the files might have the full name on them. If a list exists, I'm sure someone here has it, though.

Reactions: heath68

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Chasing Sunsets Ch9 - Beta Imminent - Dev Log 080824
zzzzdevlog080824.jpg

Fuck these slackers!
As promised, I will update every week until we have a release ready.
Since last week, we have completed all static art, and have all art successfully folded into the script. We identified a continuity error that required a small scene augment, and we've re-rendered the entire crossover scene because of an error with another developer's asset settings (causing her to look non-canon.)
Here's what's left to do:
  • Re-dialoguing one scene that didn't quite hit the note we were looking for (about 100 lines)
  • One animation remains pending
  • End-of-Chapter Summary update
  • Music finalization
  • Achievement and image unlock finalization and testing
  • Beta and feedback-based fixes/refinements

The bulk of this can be completed tomorrow and Friday night. We expect to be in beta this weekend, with a great chance of release the following week.
We'll post it here immediately if anything happens to change that.
Once again, thank you for your patience, and we'll be happy to ship this instalment as soon as it's ready.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Chasing Sunsets Ch9 - Beta Imminent - Dev Log 080824
View attachment 3912354

Fuck these slackers!
As promised, I will update every week until we have a release ready.
Since last week, we have completed all static art, and have all art successfully folded into the script. We identified a continuity error that required a small scene augment, and we've re-rendered the entire crossover scene because of an error with another developer's asset settings (causing her to look non-canon.)
Here's what's left to do:
  • Re-dialoguing one scene that didn't quite hit the note we were looking for (about 100 lines)
  • One animation remains pending
  • End-of-Chapter Summary update
  • Music finalization
  • Achievement and image unlock finalization and testing
  • Beta and feedback-based fixes/refinements

The bulk of this can be completed tomorrow and Friday night. We expect to be in beta this weekend, with a great chance of release the following week.
We'll post it here immediately if anything happens to change that.
Once again, thank you for your patience, and we'll be happy to ship this instalment as soon as it's ready.

excited-dance-ace-ventura.gif

4.60 star(s) 323 Votes