ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
CAUTION: Lots of high-level spoilers for Chapter 9 below; read at your own peril!

Yes, exactly correct. Having the true throuple route go through a committed monogamous relationship makes no sense. It would have been better if it didn't exist at all, and for the open relationship to simply fail when the girls realize they want to command MC's full devotion. At least that would have been intuitive for their characters if the devs wanted to go for realism.

But what makes no sense to me is that Mallory is clearly ok with sharing MC with Amanda. If Jaye is supposedly getting as close to her as her lifelong friend, why couldn't that precedent extend to their open relationship? Similarly, Jaye is ok sharing with (and being with) Tara, so it seems mutual.
Well, in Mal's case it sort of makes sense if you assume that Mal really did have feelings for Amanda almost as strong as for the MC; just because Jaye is becoming a close friend that doesn't mean Mallory is sexually attracted to her.

Of course going with that explanation would open up a huge can of worms about Amanda and offers no explanation for why Mal would be on board with a Jaye throuple as long as she's clearly second fiddle, so... yeah.

Oh, while you're here...
Update:

Devs pushed new beta to testers.
Testers found no bugs.
One tester was looking for edge cases and noticed that Tara was not in the episode. No one else had noticed.
Devs begrudgingly scramble to put some Tara content into the chapter. <--- we are here
New beta build will be released in August.
I find it unreasonably amusing that we can now definitively state that this was NOT the reason for the long dev cycle. :ROFLMAO: I don't even like Tara and I still found her absence disturbing!

Yeah and in addition to this it feels like a bullshit decision as you never actually get the option to commit prior to this. It would've 100% made sense to have that scene where she rejects you in the morning if she asked you the day before "Would you like to keep this relationship going like this or will you commit?". And if your answer isn't anything along the lines of "No I want to commit to you" or "I think we need to talk about this with all 3 of us, as we're conveniently going to see her right now."

Now you're robbed of a choice as a player. So it feels quadruple-ly bad.
It's funny, I've been banging my head against a similar but more niche issue for ages now. The only way to commit to Mallory is to have sex with her in Chapter 5; if you send her away (say... because you don't want to give $#@%$ Amanda a peep show), game over. No matter how committed the player might be to Mallory, the MC flat out refuses to address the issue at all unless he's in a post-coital cuddle. For extra irony, I can't even avoid the pre-dump sexcapade because, again, the only way to break up with Mallory is ALSO in the wake of the Chapter 5 sex scene. Unsurprisingly, Mallory wound up dumping the MC on my main run in because of the 'open' relationship we sort of backed into. The whole thing turned out to be a cautionary tale about bad communication killing relationships. That's a little too realistic for my taste. :confused:

To see this whole mess echoed in the main routes, though, is just depressing. The sexless Mallory run is an extreme edge case. The throuple is THE mainline, the whole game is practically one long tease for it. I don't object to making the throuple hard to get, but if you go that route the logic behind the requirements really should hold up in hindsight and IMHO these arguments are extremely flimsy. As many have already pointed out, why is it impossible to achieve the same end result by being loyal to Mallory when she's the one who seemed much more open to sharing at every turn? At the very least you'd think it would be Jaye who calls off the open path, but no. Just as importantly, why would an MC who already turned down Mallory for Jaye WANT to open up for a throuple at this late date? It feels like the MC needs to be disingenuous to pull his mini-harem off: admit your interest in both girls and it crashes and burns, but lie about it then gaslight Jaye into thinking it's her idea and you're golden. I don't care for that at all. Then again I was never interested in the throuple so maybe I'm just not the right person to ask.

As far as the update as a whole, it was remarkably underwhelming. The only way this "wraps up the main story" is that it closes out the framing sequence with Walt from the beginning of the game; it sure doesn't do anything to bring closure to the events the MC recounted within that frame. I guess you could say the chapter sort of sketches out how the MC's romances will end up and where the Prizer lawsuit is going, but those sketches are VERY thin. Aside from the throuple kerfuffle and the truly surreal 'Jaye is kicked out of Harvard' subplot, I think we could have sketched these same outcomes ourselves at the end of the last chapter. I mean, cheating bad, puppy good, solo paths possible, villains probably going to lose (thanks entirely to Christian!) - it's all boilerplate stuff. What details did we actually learn in this update? Nothing. Even the new idea of Mallory having to go into hiding for her own safety is quite literally over before it begins. The sex scenes were fine, but they didn't exactly break new ground and nothing else actually happened in the finale of the story. Definitely not what I would have expected.

Maybe the devs were never as invested in the story as it seemed early on, or maybe they just want to wrap this up and move on to their next game, but this was not a good place to plant the flag and call it a day. The story needs more than some ending slides to close things out properly. Involving the MC in the resolution would be a good start.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
After sitting and reading the comments since the release, I finally got the opportunity to play Chapter9 this evening, and to be honest, I'm pretty thrilled. This wasn't the shit-show some of those comments might've had me expecting. I enjoyed it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Read the comments, cut it in a half, one half into the Litterbox, other into the mixer, put some (lot) of salt, mix it ;
say what the hell, and download and play ;) most of the comments are just to put games down specially if they are good AVN with a wide fan base.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
CAUTION: Lots of high-level spoilers for Chapter 9 below; read at your own peril!

Well, in Mal's case it sort of makes sense if you assume that Mal really did have feelings for Amanda almost as strong as for the MC; just because Jaye is becoming a close friend that doesn't mean Mallory is sexually attracted to her.

Of course going with that explanation would open up a huge can of worms about Amanda and offers no explanation for why Mal would be on board with a Jaye throuple as long as she's clearly second fiddle, so... yeah.

Oh, while you're here...

I find it unreasonably amusing that we can now definitively state that this was NOT the reason for the long dev cycle. :ROFLMAO: I don't even like Tara and I still found her absence disturbing!

It's funny, I've been banging my head against a similar but more niche issue for ages now. The only way to commit to Mallory is to have sex with her in Chapter 5; if you send her away (say... because you don't want to give $#@%$ Amanda a peep show), game over. No matter how committed the player might be to Mallory, the MC flat out refuses to address the issue at all unless he's in a post-coital cuddle. For extra irony, I can't even avoid the pre-dump sexcapade because, again, the only way to break up with Mallory is ALSO in the wake of the Chapter 5 sex scene. Unsurprisingly, Mallory wound up dumping the MC on my main run in because of the 'open' relationship we sort of backed into. The whole thing turned out to be a cautionary tale about bad communication killing relationships. That's a little too realistic for my taste. :confused:

To see this whole mess echoed in the main routes, though, is just depressing. The sexless Mallory run is an extreme edge case. The throuple is THE mainline, the whole game is practically one long tease for it. I don't object to making the throuple hard to get, but if you go that route the logic behind the requirements really should hold up in hindsight and IMHO these arguments are extremely flimsy. As many have already pointed out, why is it impossible to achieve the same end result by being loyal to Mallory when she's the one who seemed much more open to sharing at every turn? At the very least you'd think it would be Jaye who calls off the open path, but no. Just as importantly, why would an MC who already turned down Mallory for Jaye WANT to open up for a throuple at this late date? It feels like the MC needs to be disingenuous to pull his mini-harem off: admit your interest in both girls and it crashes and burns, but lie about it then gaslight Jaye into thinking it's her idea and you're golden. I don't care for that at all. Then again I was never interested in the throuple so maybe I'm just not the right person to ask.

As far as the update as a whole, it was remarkably underwhelming. The only way this "wraps up the main story" is that it closes out the framing sequence with Walt from the beginning of the game; it sure doesn't do anything to bring closure to the events the MC recounted within that frame. I guess you could say the chapter sort of sketches out how the MC's romances will end up and where the Prizer lawsuit is going, but those sketches are VERY thin. Aside from the throuple kerfuffle and the truly surreal 'Jaye is kicked out of Harvard' subplot, I think we could have sketched these same outcomes ourselves at the end of the last chapter. I mean, cheating bad, puppy good, solo paths possible, villains probably going to lose (thanks entirely to Christian!) - it's all boilerplate stuff. What details did we actually learn in this update? Nothing. Even the new idea of Mallory having to go into hiding for her own safety is quite literally over before it begins. The sex scenes were fine, but they didn't exactly break new ground and nothing else actually happened in the finale of the story. Definitely not what I would have expected.

Maybe the devs were never as invested in the story as it seemed early on, or maybe they just want to wrap this up and move on to their next game, but this was not a good place to plant the flag and call it a day. The story needs more than some ending slides to close things out properly. Involving the MC in the resolution would be a good start.
I abandoned playing a long time ago because of much of what you point out here. Either make a harem game or a fun along the way with a single LI ending or a strictly one woman romance but trying to incorporate all these ideas into one story seems disingenuous. I understand Dev's want to reach a diverse audience but, other than the artwork this just tanked for me. The story line was mostly unrelatable, the characters were annoying and flawed in an unnatural way, and the artwork and models are the only enjoyable part of this one.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Reactions: planetfun

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020

Has been released ;)

View attachment 3943288

The most recent update is v1.0 which completes the main story.

Please read below, while this does finish it's main story, there are 3 more updates, read below.

Full Patreon Release Post

Pro-tip, if you leak this game, don't use the dev links, they will just remove them and you will fuck over their Patreon's, use your own links. The game is also only a single dollar on both Patreon and SubscribeStar, food for thought.

Thanks, I think I'd prefer to wait to have the epilogue before doing a definitive run, and enjoying future playthroughs as well.

Happy to see this one wrap up, I still remember the early chapters released, and have been monitoring the progress, playing every couple of chapters from the start each time.

Reactions: f100racer

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Well Mal hints impregnation in her solo path.
I hope is planned in her epilogue/ending next, full alabama ride.
Mal? Hell, Amanda outright requests it. Which is honestly the only reason I consider that path(Mal) worth exploring. It makes me feel like a truly degenerate person, though, considering a few weeks before she seemed pretty effectively retarded.

Sure, we have a cure, but I read Flowers for Algernon when I was younger, so it just feels wrong.

Also mildly amusing to see more of Artemis' face in CS before I saw it in her own titled game.

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
Nope. I found it too. It was a little bit weird....:LOL:
For me it was weird for more than 1 reason.
The first because she seemed to be obsessed with MC, then she pops up like this...#1 weird
Her character never had some real purpose in the story, then when we are just waiting for the epilogue she appears like that #2 weird.
And i dont know how the epilogue is going to be, but if we stop to think MILF and her daughter didnt had a real purpose in the story either, MC had some story with them in the past, the game took a little while with them at the beginning...then they vanish just like Fiona, just appearing in some brief text messages conversations...i thought MC would travel to meet with them at some point before the end of the game.
Depending on the size of the epilogue the endings with them if theres any can be a bit empty, because will be something like "oh yeah, theres so much time we dont see each other right?... lets make a future togheter and be happy forever....Yay"...,and i think theres a chance of the endings being more focused on Jaye, Mallory, Amanda and Lisa, and if we are lucky enough we can see a worth ending with Bianca and Tanaka.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
So we finally got stonewalled in the throuple route? Even though they seemed pretty open to it during that bar scenes lol.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Could someone please confirm if there is a route where MC can take over the company alone and throw jaye out of the company?
If I remember right there is a selfish/evil path which eventually leads to you refusing to save your sister in a certain situation but that route leads to an early bad end.
And you do NOT get the company.

4.60 star(s) 322 Votes