PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chasing Sunsets Dev Log 100124:

Chasing Sunsets - Chapter 10 Development in Full Swing!

Dev Log 100124 Why Not Both.jpg
Why Not Both?

While we've been quiet since Ch9 launch, we haven't been idle!

Development of Chapter 10, titled "Chasing Sunsets" has been going pretty much since the day we pushed the bugfix, and one of our two side projects is closing in on delivery:
Specifically, I'm talking about the updated release of the Prologue through Chapter 9 with many bugs, inconsistencies, broken forks, and other improvements aimed at making the gameplay experience consistent from beginning to end.

This will be release v1.02...The QoL update and front-to-back bugfix.

While the art updates for the Prologue-Chapter 1 won't be included in this version, this should shore up each of the corner cases that have been identified which yield unexpected results or aren't accounted for in later gameplay. While there may still be choice combinations that haven't been flagged as bugs yet, we're pretty confident we have a handle on most of the places the script goes a bit wonky...Or a lot wonky.

As for the final chapter, art is cruising along nicely, and each ending will receive its due. It begins with Jaye and Alex bidding farewell to their childhood home a few days before the bar scene with Walter at the end of Chapter 9, as they plan for the next stage of their lives, together or otherwise.

The next section will wrap up what happens in court (influenced by previous choices) and then proceeds into a look at the MC's immediate future, followed by a look a bit further down the road.

Further, endings will be "grouped" by type. For example, the Solo Jaye and Solo Mallory path are grouped together as the "Pure LI" endings. The idea is that MC will have an opportunity to reminisce on "what might have been" had he made other choices within his ending group. This isn't going to be a full-fledged experience of alternate endings, but more of an abstract glimpse of what the alternative might have looked like.

So, what can you expect in Ch10?

The points bar is gone, baby, gone. You'll still have choices, but they will simply have impact within your chosen ending, so more cause and effect.

This chapter will have significantly more lewd content in it than preceding chapters, even if they're (generally) shorter. After all, everyone wants to see what's behind their chosen door, right?

On top of that, there are a lot of loose ends to tie up, so we have our work cut out for us.
As of today, we have three scenes complete with nearly 200 images rendered.
One thing that's really helping move us along is that for the time being, Kent is developing full time, and if anything I'm sweating a bit to stay ahead of him.

Chapter 10 will release as v1.1 and the final update with the remastered early game art will release shortly after as v1.11, after which we will turn our attention to Firebreak.

As our story draws to its full conclusion, Kentyrr and I would like to take a moment to thank those of you who have been with us from the beginning from the bottoms of our hearts, and for those who have joined us more recently, we are honored and gratified we met your expectations well enough to earn your patronage!

In other news, we were recently reviewed on the SML Podcast. Hear what Mika thought of Chasing Sunsets right

Best,

Stoya and Kentyr

Cheers!! :coffee:

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
Hey there, two questions:

1) is there a incest patch for this game?
2) is this one of those games where the authors put 10 different pieces of candy and force you to choose an ending with only one or two just to fuck with you?

• Haha
Reactions: Pervy Hermit

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Hey there, two questions:

1) is there a incest patch for this game?
2) is this one of those games where the authors put 10 different pieces of candy and force you to choose an ending with only one or two just to fuck with you?
1) Incest patch would pretty much fuck the entire story with the two main LIs, so not that I know of. There's already pseudo-incest and making it true incest wouldn't make sense for reasons central to the main story.
2) There's essentially 2 main LIs and several side LIs. Epilogue isn't out so we don't know exactly how every relationship path ends, but it seems that at most you'll end up with 2 LIs. But it makes sense in the context of the story, and you're free to mess around until you commit to a relationship.

Reactions: Walter Victor

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
1) Incest patch would pretty much fuck the entire story with the two main LIs, so not that I know of.
2) There's essentially 2 main LIs and several side LIs. Epilogue isn't out so we don't know exactly how every relationship path ends, but it seems that at most you'll end up with 2 LIs. But it makes sense in the context of the story, and you're free to mess around until you commit to a relationship.
Ah, I mostly asked because whenever I see step-brother I assume it's just censorship, so it really is step siblings.

Oh, so we do get the option to have the two main ones? Hm. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Ah, I mostly asked because whenever I see step-brother I assume it's just censorship, so it really is step siblings.

Oh, so we do get the option to have the two main ones? Hm. Maybe I'll give it a try.
There's limitation on who you can end up in a poly relationship with, but yes, it's possible, but difficult, to end up in a poly relationship with the two main LIs. But also 1 main LI and a side LI. And it's unknown but possible something like that could happen with some of the side LIs in the Epilogue if you're with neither main LI, though I wouldn't count on a deep romantic relationship with most of the side LIs.

And yeah, being step-siblings is integral to the story for one of the main LIs.

Last edited:

MrLewdTimes

Oct 7, 2018
There's limitation on who you can end up in a poly relationship with, but yes, it's possible, but difficult, to end up in a poly relationship with the two main LIs. But also 1 main LI and a side LI. And it's unknown but possible something like that could happen with some of the side LIs in the Epilogue if you're with neither main LI, though I wouldn't count on a deep romantic relationship with most of the side LIs.

And yeah, being step-siblings is integral to the story for one of the main LIs.
There's an ending where you can be with the two main LIs, who I'm assuming is the red head and the black hair chic

How many LIs?

Last edited:

MrLewdTimes

Oct 7, 2018
Chasing Sunsets Dev Log 100124:

Chasing Sunsets - Chapter 10 Development in Full Swing!

View attachment 4088495
Why Not Both?

While we've been quiet since Ch9 launch, we haven't been idle!

Development of Chapter 10, titled "Chasing Sunsets" has been going pretty much since the day we pushed the bugfix, and one of our two side projects is closing in on delivery:
Specifically, I'm talking about the updated release of the Prologue through Chapter 9 with many bugs, inconsistencies, broken forks, and other improvements aimed at making the gameplay experience consistent from beginning to end.

This will be release v1.02...The QoL update and front-to-back bugfix.

While the art updates for the Prologue-Chapter 1 won't be included in this version, this should shore up each of the corner cases that have been identified which yield unexpected results or aren't accounted for in later gameplay. While there may still be choice combinations that haven't been flagged as bugs yet, we're pretty confident we have a handle on most of the places the script goes a bit wonky...Or a lot wonky.

As for the final chapter, art is cruising along nicely, and each ending will receive its due. It begins with Jaye and Alex bidding farewell to their childhood home a few days before the bar scene with Walter at the end of Chapter 9, as they plan for the next stage of their lives, together or otherwise.

The next section will wrap up what happens in court (influenced by previous choices) and then proceeds into a look at the MC's immediate future, followed by a look a bit further down the road.

Further, endings will be "grouped" by type. For example, the Solo Jaye and Solo Mallory path are grouped together as the "Pure LI" endings. The idea is that MC will have an opportunity to reminisce on "what might have been" had he made other choices within his ending group. This isn't going to be a full-fledged experience of alternate endings, but more of an abstract glimpse of what the alternative might have looked like.

So, what can you expect in Ch10?

The points bar is gone, baby, gone. You'll still have choices, but they will simply have impact within your chosen ending, so more cause and effect.

This chapter will have significantly more lewd content in it than preceding chapters, even if they're (generally) shorter. After all, everyone wants to see what's behind their chosen door, right?

On top of that, there are a lot of loose ends to tie up, so we have our work cut out for us.
As of today, we have three scenes complete with nearly 200 images rendered.
One thing that's really helping move us along is that for the time being, Kent is developing full time, and if anything I'm sweating a bit to stay ahead of him.

Chapter 10 will release as v1.1 and the final update with the remastered early game art will release shortly after as v1.11, after which we will turn our attention to Firebreak.

As our story draws to its full conclusion, Kentyrr and I would like to take a moment to thank those of you who have been with us from the beginning from the bottoms of our hearts, and for those who have joined us more recently, we are honored and gratified we met your expectations well enough to earn your patronage!

In other news, we were recently reviewed on the SML Podcast. Hear what Mika thought of Chasing Sunsets right

Best,

Stoya and Kentyr

Cheers!! :coffee:
Assuming this is the last update, I will check this out if so.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
There's an ending where you can be with the two main LIs, who I'm assuming is the red head and the black hair chic

How many LIs?
Yes, that's the 2 LI's and they are the only 2 LI's (there's quite a few side girls as well).
What Milton said, but to add to that there's one ending where you end up with the black hair main LI and one of the side LIs.

So essentially the main ending branches seem to be alone (but possibly some side girl action, currently unknown), monogamy with one of the two main LIs, poly vee with the two main LIs (low probability this becomes a triad instead), or poly with the black hair main LI and a side LI.

Last edited:

MrLewdTimes

Oct 7, 2018
What Milton said, but to add to that there's one ending where you end up with the black hair main LI and one of the side LIs.

So essentially the main ending branches seem to be alone (but possibly some side girl action, currently unknown), monogamy with one of the two main LIs, poly vee with the two main LIs (low probability this becomes a triad instead), or poly with the black hair main LI and a side LI.
I would ideally like the black hair chic ending with red hair chick, but its low probability? As in hard to obtain?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023
I would ideally like the black hair chic ending with red hair chick, but its low probability? As in hard to obtain?
More like you get that option out of the blue doing a complete different path lmao dang trying to be spoiler free but some choices are really misleading on what you (player) really want, if you want to know more you have to go to spoiler zone and search about it on the thread (very discussed theme since chapter 9 released lol) or check the pdf walkthrough, also spoiler zone hehehe.

Reactions: ename144

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
I'd say it's hard, but not impossible, to intentionally get on a blind playthrough.

If you want tips while trying to be as spoiler free as possible, I posted some earlier. It still contains some spoilers though, so be warned.
The TLDR is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 348 Votes