Body_Hunter

Sep 30, 2018
Hi there!

I played it and i have to say i really like this game! A bit of kink, well written, why do you always complain?

No 4/8K, crappy textures... if you don't like it, just don't play it.

I decided to support the creator and can't wait for more updates!

Only one thing...the savegames don't work properly in my version, the game kind of freezes in a certain picture.

Keep up the nice work

Greetings
B

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
Nice idea for a game! And that you have at least 2 paths planned for progression, each catering to a different kink group.

As for those hating on the use of Skyrim, ignore them. What I instead suggest is using the Devious Devices elbowbinder instead of armbinder. It looks much better to those of us who like the bondage.

SirNibbles

Jun 9, 2017
*Sees screenshots, Hey I definitely know some of these animations :D

Don't let a "certain" other animator know this or he will rant like hell again because of "intellectual property". Always wondered what people find interesting in a game like this while you can just get all of the sex mods from Sexlab free of charge (well, almost all are free)

redking211

Apr 27, 2018
The problems I'm having is a black screen in some instances and i cannot do anything only quit and reload.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
I wonder how long this will be around. Zenimax takes a very dim view of people using their games to make money without getting their cut.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
*sees name* mm lets see what it is

*sees pics* wtf, Skyrim???
Yes, Skryim. It's not quite as insane as it seems, on account of asset issues. Believe it or not, there actually aren't many BDSM and (specifically) chastity-compatible assets available for DAZ3D or Poser figures. There are SOME, which I've used in a previous game of mine (Eros Academy), but I learned from trying to add it into that game that, unless I'm filthy rich (and I'm very much poor), that trying to do a BDSM or Chastity related game on the assets available would have been impossible. I suspect, in fact, that it's the reason you don't see very many games focused on these sorts of kinks. As my hand-drawn art ability was much derided by everyone when I tried it for The Sexy Cosplay Cafe, I combed through all the possible places I could get LOTS of suitable assets. The result...Skyrim. The mod community there has produced a LOT of assets, so it's possible to use the engine...despite the fact that it's actually kind of a pain in the ass to do so. Trust me, I'd actually RATHER be using Daz for this...it's just not feasible :). The choice was logical, despite how 'lazy' it might seem. And, frankly, it's actually more work that using Daz or Honeyselect -_-.

GOD! using SKYRIM to make a game doesn't scream creative or inspired to me.

EDIT: If you're gonna use SKYRIM to create a game... at least use a decent ENB and Hi-res textures, just saying. :unsure:
See the previous comment above using Skyrim being inspired or not. As for the ENB/Hi-res Textures...I am using them. Every single texture is at least 2k, and I'm using an ENB preset (don't recall which at this exact moment). Much to my chagrin, however, I discovered with the initial beta release about a month ago, that the ENGINE I'm using (Visual Novel Maker) couldn't actually handle the high-quality PNGs I was using. The result is that the game itself is using 1080p...jpgs. Ugh. The quality drop was pretty noticeable to me, but not bad enough to force me to scrap the project entirely and start with another engine (which would have wiped out three months' worth of work).

the audio does not work on mine system (windows 10 latest version). is there a way to solve that?
There is currently no audio. There's even a notice in the release post about that... Because I did a bunch of video editing, speeding things up or slowing them down, splicing multiple animations together, or cutting sections in order to make the video length reasonable, I was unable to use the original source material's sound files for sex scenes. And BG music simply isn't something I prioritized. One of the goals for my patreon revolves around me purchasing several adult-oriented sound libraries so I can fix this properly! Sorry if the lack of sound disappoints :-(.

Oh my a game based on a screenshots of a It's paid game with mods that require giving credit to their creators. This would be ok if this was free for all, but running a Patreon is plain wrong. It's like selling joyrides in your neighbors car.
NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. THIS IS NOT A PAID GAME. Like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY OTHER GAMES, this is a 100% free production. Patrons WILL get access to buggy beta builds...but they are just that, buggy beta builds that my patrons are helping me polish for public release. ALL of my games are ALWAYS ultimately 100% free. Something which I have years worth of proof of in the other three games on my Patreon.

Even more than that, I am in fact including a COMPLETE modlist used in the game, included in the CREDITS section of the game itself. I will also be highlighting specific mods that I used heavily. Please, do not randomly paint me as an asshole with no evidence of such whatsoever. Meanie >_<.

VN on Skyrim engine. I like this idea! Good luck. (but some enb would be nice)
Thank you :). I am, in fact, using an ENB preset. Apparently, given multiple comments, it's not a very good one? I'm honestly thinking the quality issues are related to me being forced to strip the resolution down and use jpgs. See above comments about that.

Ppl bitching about using Skyrim for their VN... I wonder what all those ppl are doing who use HoneySelect, TK17, Sims 4 and so on. Oh yeah, they also use a game to make their game.
Thank you nice person, for defending the idea. You are now one of my personal heroes!

Hi there!

I played it and i have to say i really like this game! A bit of kink, well written, why do you always complain?

No 4/8K, crappy textures... if you don't like it, just don't play it.

I decided to support the creator and can't wait for more updates!

Only one thing...the savegames don't work properly in my version, the game kind of freezes in a certain picture.

Keep up the nice work

Greetings
B
Ohhh, another nice person! Thanks! That bug sounds alarming, though. Two things:

1) Are you using MAC or Windows version? I've had a few reports of an issue that might be related on the MAC build. Specifically, that somehow some files are getting set to Read Only. If you're using the Mac Build, please set the permissions for the entire folder for the game is in to Read/Write. No one has gotten back to me yet if that works...but it might help.

2)Is the game freezing related to you trying to save? Or was that a second bug?

Hey, I know some of those mods! This makes me want to reinstall my heavily modded copy Skyrim, but spending half a day to install and setup everything properly again...
A lot of the mods are ones I've personally had fun with! It's why I even thought of trying to use the game as an art/animation source! There's also a few more that I LOVED, but haven't used (yet). I personally HIGHLY recommend Laura's Bondage Shop, if you enjoy this kind of gameplay. The work on that mod is utterly amazing and I can't possibly enthuse enough about it :). I actually haven't used anything from that mod in Chastity Quest, yet, though. Also...don't run the mod list I included in the credits :p. It's unstable as hell. Fair warning!

Nice idea for a game! And that you have at least 2 paths planned for progression, each catering to a different kink group.

As for those hating on the use of Skyrim, ignore them. What I instead suggest is using the Devious Devices elbowbinder instead of armbinder. It looks much better to those of us who like the bondage.
Yet another nice person! Thank you! And yeah, I discovered problems with armbindings, it's an issue I'm going to have to resolve. I'll look into the elbowbinder, thanks!

can you smell that ..... it smells like theres a cease and desist letter around somewhere.
Shouldn't be. This is a 100% free, non-commercial game. And I'm not modifying a single mod asset in any way. From a legal standpoint, this actually falls under the same 'fair use' rules that something like, say, an anime music video would...or video streamer rules, for that matter. Which isn't to say I won't comply with any cease-and-desists, if possible. I never ever want anyone to feel I'm misused their hard work. I am not a scum developer out to scalp people, but a hobbyist who DEEPLY appreciates people helping me out by supporting the godawful number of hours I put in.

I do my very best to credit everything used and to highlight/advertise for other projects and artists. Build 2 of the game, in fact, is actually going to include a more in-depth Credits menu, where the specific mods used for each area of Hope's rest are highlighted and linked to, so other people can find and enjoy the work of the developer's in question. It simply wasn't ready for Build 1, due to some technical issues I had with getting the custom title menu to work. I technically still haven't managed to bludgeon the engine into doing what I want it to...so I can't promise the new version will be in Build 2, but it's supposed to be. The current, limited, credits menu is a placeholder, which still provides a complete list of all mods used.

As for Zenimax/Bethesda, they COULD force me to stop, since even if it's not actually illegal, they could bury me in lawyers. Regarding the Bethesda titles, specifically, though, they've usually been pretty hands-off, since they rely so heavily on the mod community to make their games popular. I don't think they'll bother me over it, but if they do, they do, and I'll have to shut it down until I can find another way to get art assets suitable for it. That, unfortunately, is life.

*Sees screenshots, Hey I definitely know some of these animations :D

Don't let a "certain" other animator know this or he will rant like hell again because of "intellectual property". Always wondered what people find interesting in a game like this while you can just get all of the sex mods from Sexlab free of charge (well, almost all are free)
A lot of it's a context thing :). It's putting it in a new setting, with new story. Honestly, I considered actually making this as a Skyrim mod...but I've never had anything but horrible, horrible nightmares, trying to use the Creation Kit.

Escape to exit? Is that really a thing or did I find a bug? Bad idea, since Esc is default for so many games.
It is a thing...but it's the engine's fauly, not mine. This game uses Visual Novel Maker (by the RPG maker people, but different software). The escape to exit thing is programmed in on the engine level and I haven't figured out how to change it yet. Trust me, I've cursed at it a couple of times during testing...so if I do figure out where it is, I'll change it the moment I do -_-.

The problems I'm having is a black screen in some instances and i cannot do anything only quit and reload.
...Oh, shit. *sigh*

So, that was a MAJOR bug back with the first beta build, that I THOUGHT I had finally 100% killed completely. Can you give me more information on what you were doing/where it is happening?

Last edited:

redking211

Apr 27, 2018
well i get a few bugs, one of which lets say i save close the game and load, in transition screen between areas ill be getting the last picture i was at for the rest of the game, black screen is generally happens randomly when i try to do jobs for the blacksmith

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
well i get a few bugs, one of which lets say i save close the game and load, in transition screen between areas ill be getting the last picture i was at for the rest of the game, black screen is generally happens randomly when i try to do jobs for the blacksmith
Ugh. The first one sounds like a carryover of the same bug that forced me to disable the skipping feature. There's currently an issue in the game engine itself (that's been reported by several developers, not just me) that seems to be a background 'stuck.' This is the first time I've hear of it happening from a save/load issue. I'll add it to the various bug reports, as well as poke at it to see if there's anything I can do.\

The blacksmith one, though, that's probably my fault. It sounds like one of the Blacksmith Jobs doesn't have a proper scene change to send it back to the shop. I'll comb over that and see if I can find where it happens at. If I find something, I'll see if I can patch it without making you redownload the whole thing.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Okay, nope. I'm officially baffled. I went through every possible result of the Blacksmith Job, twice, and couldn't make it crash. Can you tell me which of the sets it was on? Low, Mid, or High?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I get the black screen going from several different areas.
And it's not just a delay? Is there any pattern? The original bug that I thought I had squished was happening when people returned FROM a location (like the guildhall or magic shope), TOO the main village choice menu (where you select which of the areas to visit). Is this happening to you? Or is it truly random?

redking211

Apr 27, 2018
Okay, nope. I'm officially baffled. I went through every possible result of the Blacksmith Job, twice, and couldn't make it crash. Can you tell me which of the sets it was on? Low, Mid, or High?
when i ask for work it just goes for the black screen and nothing happens, game is still running when i check the task manager so idk

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes