redking211

Apr 27, 2018
And it's not just a delay? Is there any pattern? The original bug that I thought I had squished was happening when people returned FROM a location (like the guildhall or magic shope), TOO the main village choice menu (where you select which of the areas to visit). Is this happening to you? Or is it truly random?
i think it gets stuck on time checker or smng

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
when i ask for work it just goes for the black screen and nothing happens, game is still running when i check the task manager so idk
Hmmmm, okay, that's genuinely got me stumped. I just ran through my copy of the released build multiple times trying to make it do that. It's only happening at the Blacksmith? Not, say, the job at the Magic Shope?

i think it gets stuck on time checker or smng
There's almost always a hang-time when scenes change, with the time turning back up first. So that might be an important clue. Is the entire screen blank or is the time (and possibly the character menu button) popping back up? Also, are you playing using Windows, or using the Mac/Linux builds?

I alone see many similar elements in this game, with this one? https://f95zone.to/threads/damsel-dash-final-did-digital.44387/
Huh, I've never seen that game before. It looks interesting. I was actually more inspired by a combination of a few Skyrim Mods and a couple of games by:

GECK1989

Jul 22, 2018
Hmmmm, okay, that's genuinely got me stumped. I just ran through my copy of the released build multiple times trying to make it do that. It's only happening at the Blacksmith? Not, say, the job at the Magic Shope?

There's almost always a hang-time when scenes change, with the time turning back up first. So that might be an important clue. Is the entire screen blank or is the time (and possibly the character menu button) popping back up? Also, are you playing using Windows, or using the Mac/Linux builds?

Huh, I've never seen that game before. It looks interesting. I was actually more inspired by a combination of a few Skyrim Mods and a couple of games by:
Actually, I noticed identities, textures, bound, they seemed to be from 1 resource.

Jodi088

Oct 4, 2019
Ppl bitching about using Skyrim for their VN... I wonder what all those ppl are doing who use HoneySelect, TK17, Sims 4 and so on. Oh yeah, they also use a game to make their game.
Yes but you can literally make tk17 look very different many ways. HS always looks the same and it limited by coding of game and Sims is sad. Skyrim is just blatant. Regardless, they are piggybacking off of games to try and sell a VN as original content? If they actually made good money from it then they would be sued for copyright.

• Angry
Reactions: JustHereTofap123

Body_Hunter

Sep 30, 2018
Hi there,

some info regarding the save bug:

I am playing the windows version. And the game doesn't freeze directly. When i hit the "load" button, the game gets stuck in a certain backgound screen (the one where the shopkeeper gets stuck in bondage and you have to decide whether to serve her orally or have sex).
The text window is usable and you can make choices, but the background window stays the same.

I hope that helps to resolve this little problem, english isn't my native language...

greetings

B

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
A lot of the mods are ones I've personally had fun with! It's why I even thought of trying to use the game as an art/animation source! There's also a few more that I LOVED, but haven't used (yet). I personally HIGHLY recommend Laura's Bondage Shop, if you enjoy this kind of gameplay. The work on that mod is utterly amazing and I can't possibly enthuse enough about it :). I actually haven't used anything from that mod in Chastity Quest, yet, though. Also...don't run the mod list I included in the credits :p. It's unstable as hell. Fair warning!
Yeah, I used that mod last time I had Skyrim installed, a worthy altrnative to the discontinued Captured Dreams Shop.
As for stability, I have this bad habit of changing the mods I play with mid-playthrough, leading to messed up save files and Skyrim crashing more often than I woud like to admit :p. And it certainly does not help that the good mods are often script-heavy as well.

Sarek

Dec 6, 2019
Goggle translate

I play the Windows version (7). There is a problem when one of the images (random) remains unchanged during dialogs and transitions. Or appears at boot time. If you save the game at such a moment, a black screen will appear when it is loaded. Hope this helps with error detection.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Hi there,

some info regarding the save bug:

I am playing the windows version. And the game doesn't freeze directly. When i hit the "load" button, the game gets stuck in a certain backgound screen (the one where the shopkeeper gets stuck in bondage and you have to decide whether to serve her orally or have sex).
The text window is usable and you can make choices, but the background window stays the same.

I hope that helps to resolve this little problem, english isn't my native language...

greetings

B
Goggle translate

I play the Windows version (7). There is a problem when one of the images (random) remains unchanged during dialogs and transitions. Or appears at boot time. If you save the game at such a moment, a black screen will appear when it is loaded. Hope this helps with error detection.
ARRGGGGG. And no, that arg isn't for you two :). It's an ARRRGGG pointed at the company that makes the Visual Novel Maker engine. With more details, I can say for certain that this is actually the SAME bug that forced me to turn off the skip feature. Something is messed up in the actual engine code, leading to background images getting 'stuck' and overlaying onto whatever else. I, and several other developers, have informed, begged, harassed the dev team, trying to get them to fix it. So far, we've struggled to even get a reply from them, and there's no known way to clear it once it happens (it even persists across save states).

There is ONE last thing I can try, which I've avoided like the plague since it will be both insanely time-consuming AND may reduce image qualities even farther. But, with no response from the developers, and this being a bug that's game-ruining, I probably don't have a choice at this point. Unfortunately, I'm neck-deep in crunch time for my other currently-releasing game, which means it's going to be a few days before I can even start on the last-resort attempt at a fix. Which, as it happens, is converting the entire game from 1080p to 720p. 720p is the native resolution of the engine, and I've been experimenting in an attempt to replicate the bug in a native 720p project...and can't. This makes me think that it's an issue somehow caused by bumping up the resolution. Which is asinine. That shouldn't be a thing that makes any difference. But, as I said, it's literally the last resort I can think of to fix the issue without intervention from the VN maker developers.

I promise, I will get on that attempt as soon as possible, as well as continue to poke and prod the VN maker devs for answers :-(. Until then, the only thing I can tell you is this: That it seems to be a sloppy bit of programming somewhere in the engine. As near as I can tell, what's happening is that when you either use the Skip function (this is why I disable it for the game) or if you rapidly click through the game in place of skipping, at some point the engine skips over the clear function as it rapidly cycles calls. This is farther supported by the fact that this apparently happens with BG music between scenes from time to time as well. Not in my game, yet, since it has no sound, but reported by other devs. Pretty sure it's all the same error and that whoever wrote the engine code needs to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Actually, I noticed identities, textures, bound, they seemed to be from 1 resource.
...I'm not sure what you were trying to say, here?

Yeah, I used that mod last time I had Skyrim installed, a worthy altrnative to the discontinued Captured Dreams Shop.
As for stability, I have this bad habit of changing the mods I play with mid-playthrough, leading to messed up save files and Skyrim crashing more often than I woud like to admit :p. And it certainly does not help that the good mods are often script-heavy as well.
Sadly, I never had a chance to play the Captured Dreams Shop before the maker took it down...on the bright side, said user is actually back in the community and apparently building a new version! So...yay. I might get to play it some day. And...I'm very guilty of the the same thing when playing Skyrim, with the mod changing and crashing. I start with the best of intentions and make a nice stable build...then add to it when I see something cool.... This version is a bit more unstable than usual, though, because I keep adding bunches of mods to fill specific needs for images O.O.

Sigel7

Aug 30, 2018
I get stuck after the rape scene while adventuring (with belt on and low lust...no idea if that changes anything). I get the animation, the 2 text boxes afterwards stating he took my stuff, etc. Then the scene gets stuck, no more text box, no going back to town or anything.

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I get stuck after the rape scene while adventuring (with belt on and low lust...no idea if that changes anything). I get the animation, the 2 text boxes afterwards stating he took my stuff, etc. Then the scene gets stuck, no more text box, no going back to town or anything.
Whohoo, something that's actually my fault... Wait, it's probably bad that I'm happy about that. Oh well. Anyway, that was a simple fix. I didn't want to make everyone fully redownload it, so I made a patch that should correct the Windows version.

Extract those files into the game directory and let it overwrite existing files. It should fix the error. I'm afraid I'm less confident about being able to safely make a patch for the Mac version (I'll try, though). I'll probably hold off on uploading a whole new build just yet, given how godawful huge the files are to upload. I'm hoping to hear back from the devs about the other errors...

*Edit* Mac Patch! Same thing, though I'm less confident about it working. Just extract it and overwrite when it askes...

P.S. for the MAC users having problems running the game, there's a new note on the release post that may help you!

Last edited:

Sigel7

Aug 30, 2018
Whohoo, something that's actually my fault... Wait, it's probably bad that I'm happy about that. Oh well. Anyway, that was a simple fix. I didn't want to make everyone fully redownload it, so I made a patch that should correct the Windows version.
Thanks that fixed it!
I love your game and look forward to futur updates.

zorin0815

Mar 30, 2019
Great Game. Can't wait for updates.

I found a workaround for the "Game gets stuck with one picture" Bug. I located the jpg that is blocking the other content and simply renamed it.
In my case it was:

\resources\Graphics\Backgrounds\Chastity Quest Intro\ChQu Frontier 1 Night.jpg

and now the game works.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Great Game. Can't wait for updates.

I found a workaround for the "Game gets stuck with one picture" Bug. I located the jpg that is blocking the other content and simply renamed it.
In my case it was:

\resources\Graphics\Backgrounds\Chastity Quest Intro\ChQu Frontier 1 Night.jpg

and now the game works.
oooOOooOOoh. You're literally the first one to figure out even a partial workaround. Unfortunately, it's not always the same image, and can presumably happen with more than one image, but that's still something that will let people keep playing if it happens. Thanks so much! I'll add it as another update to the main release post!

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
The picture renaming workaround is not really helping.
I renamed the first picture and ist was immediatly replaced by another.
Closed the game. Renamed that one. Started the game and loaded my save. Stuck on the next picture.
I probably have to rename every picture :(

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes