Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Cheat mod for Big Brother: Ren'Py - Remake Story [v1.06 + FIXED ]

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
* If the game is open. Close the game.
* Download the mod.
* Uncompress it.
* Go to this path on your device: Internal storage/Android/data/com.pgn.bigbrother.rp.rs/files
* Copy and replace the contents of the zip file in the "game" folder.(If the folder does not exist, create it)
* Open the game again
On Android versions 10+ there may be problems accessing ~/Android/data
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, let's deal with it in order:
- You downloaded the game and cheat mode.
- Install the game.
- Run it, so she formed the necessary folders for her (I at this point, adjust the sound, display, etc. in the settings of the game).
- Exit the game. It is important to somehow completely nail it from memory.
Here, in fact, this is where the instruction that begins above.

Now about the file scripts.rpa: the Android simply does not have it, there all unpacked and put in the format for Android, that is, all files and folders have the prefix "x-". If someone is able to disassemble and build *.apk - can delete folder ~/x-scripts/ right there, lead mod to Android view, paste and build modified apk.
Moving on. How it all works (as I understand it) - when you load an application android runs a Python emulator, loads scripts from the main container (from the apk), then looking for external sources, at this point and appears our cheat mode and save. And here I have a question - why variables from the scripts in the folder ~/game and ~/game/scripts redefined without problems, and from the folder ~/tl give errors when reloading (remember the first versions of the mod?).

Last edited:

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Sorry for the delay in replying, but Minecraft has kidnapped and tied me up once again. Minecraft forced me to play for 14-15 hours a few days (on the server with mods).

I have a question - why variables from the scripts in the folder ~/game and ~/game/scripts redefined without problems, and from the folder ~/tl give errors when reloading (remember the first versions of the mod?).

After Godflesh said that the mod can be installed on android, I tried to make an APK file with the mod, but I failed. I renamed all the mod files, adding an "x-" prefix to them, but the emulator refused to work with them.

I wanted to avoid this, but I'm downloading the Anroid SDK... An ordinary and simple android emulator doesn't give me as many features and rights as I need.

Last edited:

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
bonjour je ne trouve pas le dossier "scripts" de l'archive RAR si quoi q peut me dire ou le trouver merci
Salut. Téléchargez cette .
Si vous voulez installer un mod PC, vous devez aller dans le dossier "jeu", supprimer le fichier "scripts.rpa" et y ajouter le dossier "scripts" de l'archive RAR.
En fait, ce guide démontre tout -

J'ai une question : est-il nécessaire de traduire le mod en français ? Je compte sur le fait que tout le monde connaisse l'anglais (sauf moi), donc je n'ai pas ajouté de traduction dans d'autres langues. Mais c'est possible. Faites-moi savoir si c'est vraiment nécessaire. Je connais un peu l'anglais, donc je peux contrôler un peu la traduction des messages et la traduction du mod, mais avec d'autres langues je ne pourrai pas le faire. J'utilise le traducteur Deepl et s'il traduit mal quelque chose dans le jeu, je risque d'embrouiller les gens.

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
Ты будешь долго смеяться, но игру тоже через Deepl переводят с руского на английский...

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Ты будешь долго смеяться, но игру тоже через Deepl переводят с русcкого на английский...
Я знаю - увидел об этом в самой игре ) Именно так я и узнал про Deepl ))

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Attempts to take a ready-made APK game and edit it to no avail.
I tried adding my own files to the APK file, but this leads to an error with the certificate signing, which means that I have to recompile the project and specify the correct signature (certificate).

I didn't work with android apps but as far as I understand the APK file is a compiled version of the game, so it makes no sense to change something in the APK file and I need to change in the source files, then recompile a new APK file.
It means I have to work with the full version of the game in Renpy, then compile the android version every time I want to check something in the mod or update the version of the mod... Naturally, I'm not going to do that.

I haven't found a place where android stores its files to delete/modify something not in the APK file, but in the game folder on the phone.

I give up. And I'll add in the mod description that the android installation only works on the Russian version.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
1. I tried deleting the folder with the original scripts from the APK file. This did not help. The game needs the scripts for it to install.
Changing APK file causes error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed collecting certificates for". This means that the game's signature certificates have been changed and the APK file has to be recompiled. This means that changing a native APK file is meaningless and you only have to make changes on the android. I tried deleting the META-INF folder (I remember it helped when installing some java mods before).

2.I tried adding the folder "TL" in the GAME folder (without the prefix "x-"). The game starts, but only gets to the splash screen. I also tried deleting some files from the "TL" folder.
3. I tried adding the "X-TL" folder to the GAME folder, hoping the game will pick up the translation - didn't work.

Please explain if you understand why:
- android game can work with added third-party scripts (when we create the "game" folder and add a mod there)
- the game can not translate the dialogues into another language
- why the game does not start when we add another folder "TL" in the folder "GAME" and can not work with these files (as the folder "scripts" in the folder "game")

I tried to solve this problem on different days and each time for 2-3 hours and I have not succeeded. If anyone understands how the game works with androidoi, write your versions, suggestions, ideas.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
UPDATE!
version 0.8
The change concerns the android version: the button to open the mod has been moved to the right. It is now next to the quick save button. In previous versions, the mod window partially covered the button to open the mod.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Tested on Android 7.0, 6.0 (So sloooowly f**king tablet (PMT3618_4GE_C)), 11... Work in Rus with no Eng dialogues...
Thanks for the feedback!
The Russian version won't have any problems with the other language.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Hey fasasfasf123 looks like is out :) It's not out here yet, but will be soon enough, figured I'd give you an early head's up.
Oh, thank you for the warning. I'll have to check on the functionality of the mod. Alas, I'm busy with various things right now, playing other games, streaming, curing health, so I physically can't keep track of it. If someone posts version 1.03 on this site and notifies me, I'll download the game and check out the mod. If it doesn't work, I'll have to mod

Reactions: Bezimienny_gracz

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Oh, thank you for the warning. I'll have to check on the functionality of the mod. Alas, I'm busy with various things right now, playing other games, streaming, curing health, so I physically can't keep track of it. If someone posts version 1.03 on this site and notifies me, I'll download the game and check out the mod. If it doesn't work, I'll have to mod
No worries, I'm sure folks can wait a bit if it's doesn't work whenever it does come out :)

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, I think you should have listed the games you make mods for in the first post. I really liked your mod for Bright Past...