cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018

1/2 little status update

Happy Newds Year!

Slow going, i am going to put it out at the end of the month if it kills me.

I am shifting this episode to be less christmasy lol and rewriting stuff, next time i need to just do what i do and not focus in on meeting a deadline, caused me to panic about not being enough content or not being good enough to be ready for December and with the delays and daz/computer issues just compounded in dread and not fun. So im turning it into a bit of a joke in the ep lots of referential comments about them celebrating in january.

This is a passion project for me and i am still very passionate lol an episode a month is the dream seems at the moment 1 every month, 2 is maaaybe doable, but an episode every 3-4 is more likely.

I want to thank anyone who follows me and the project and massive thanks to my patreons, with out you wouldn't have the drive to make it through the shit times.

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Hey all, i have been struggling in many many many many crippling aspects (everything's super duper cool cool totally fine super cool really O.O) recently as you might know and previous plans not working on a technical aspect or falling through so i had a little vote on patreon with all voting to delay to add more content/ attempt to fix/redo a side path, it is coming soon still. sorry for the delays.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
A little more info in between that moustache that seems to be hogging all the atention from our gracious dev ... -> JUST SHAVE IT AND HANG IT ALREADY ... IT WILL DO FINE ON IT'S OWN 4 A WHILE!

Jan 31 at 7:28am 1/30 update brought us some bits of hints on what dev is up against :

Dev said people voted delay

so i reworked my schedule to make it work smoother.
tomorrow going to get to work trying to fix a character

Happy FUN WITH CHARACTERS DEV!

gaMe oN!

• Love
Reactions: WrenchPhillips

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Episode 3 out now! Just gotta get main page updated. If you cant wait links are on the patreon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you would like to support me and the game just hit that little Patreon symbol there on the left <<<< and check it out! Any little bit helps and would really appreciate it. <3 <3

Any bugs feel free to let me know and if there is anything game breaking ill put up a fixed version ASAP, all minor things will be fixed for the next episode.

and here's a silly render I did while the files were uploading, look at those photo editing skills WOW lmao

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Cheeky Episode1-3.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
There is no pure lesbian route?

Why didn't add it? This is Ren'Py so it's should not to be complicated to add lesbian path.

I'm telling it because i like lesbian, i like horror and mystical elements and this game have all what i like but mixing it with unavoidable cock scenes. :)

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Anything involving Juliet (MC) after the start if there's a sex option, there is/will be a lesbian option.

There is no pure lesbian route?

Why didn't add it? This is Ren'Py so it's should not to be complicated to add lesbian path.

I'm telling it because i like lesbian, i like horror and mystical elements and this game have all what i like but mixing it with unavoidable cock scenes. :)
It was originally planned to add an option for people, but it was at the end of my list of things I wanted to do for this episode , it already took me way longer to make this ep than I planned so had to be put off. I want to do something more substantial for those people who are into that type of content than just skipping or blacking out the dick scenes (as some will be integral to the story). Im currently thinking up some ways to do it, in a way that I am satisfied with.

To the people who want lesbian content I hear you.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I just tried it and all and all I liked it. Good renders, interesting story so far. I have two main critics.
1) Not enough choices, I know this is basically a visual novel but I would like more choices, especially for the sex scenes. Which brings me to the second critic
2) Sex scenes to short

A example of what I mean is this
The threesome scene with Sam and ...I forget the guys name now, not Trench the other one. It would have been nice if each girl gave him a BJ, and then each girl got fucked, maybe allow the choice of vaginal or anal sex or one after the other, and then you had the choice of him cuming on Juliets face, in her mouth or sharing. Or even after he cums just on her face offer to share with Sam with a passionate kiss or something

Another example is the bj with Trench, again would have been nice to have the option to choose sex with him and or choose if he came on her face or in her mouth.

Anyways just my feedback, all and all a good game, just sex scenes I felt where to short and a bit lacking and not enough choices in the game sex or otherwise.

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
I just tried it and all and all I liked it. Good renders, interesting story so far. I have two main critics.
1) Not enough choices, I know this is basically a visual novel but I would like more choices, especially for the sex scenes. Which brings me to the second critic
2) Sex scenes to short

A example of what I mean is this
The threesome scene with Sam and ...I forget the guys name now, not Trench the other one. It would have been nice if each girl gave him a BJ, and then each girl got fucked, maybe allow the choice of vaginal or anal sex or one after the other, and then you had the choice of him cuming on Juliets face, in her mouth or sharing. Or even after he cums just on her face offer to share with Sam with a passionate kiss or something

Another example is the bj with Trench, again would have been nice to have the option to choose sex with him and or choose if he came on her face or in her mouth.

Anyways just my feedback, all and all a good game, just sex scenes I felt where to short and a bit lacking and not enough choices in the game sex or otherwise.
Gotcha, noted.

Thank you for checking it out and the feedback.

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
I had a heck of a lot of fun with the current game, and am interested to see where it's going to go in the future. The backstory is intriguing, and the fact that the Dev has stated that it can be played penis-free is a huge plus for me ;) I've signed up to their Patreon, I think this one is worth keeping an eye on.

Plus I need round 2 with Krampus, cause fuck that guy. I demand a rematch.

Please keep up the good work, WrenchPhillips !
Thank you so much! I'll post within a couple days to update whats going on with a penis free patch and what it will be. (I've already started working on it.)

Reactions: Alley_Cat

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Checked the game out on Episode 3, and here are my thoughts:

The characters look nice and original, good job in making them.

My main criticism of it would be it feels more like a "Fantasy game, with adult elements" than it does an "Adult game, with fantasy elements." The "Fantasy Game" takes the role of "Planet" in celestial terms, but instead of making the "Adult Game" a star, it is but a simple moon orbiting the Fantasy game when it would be so much better if it were a bright beaming star.

And to clarify by "Adult Game" I don't simply mean "More sex" or "More sex options". I'm talking about the characters that are more or less "normal people" Such as Sam & Juliet not having enough screen time or plot relevance relative to strange monster creatures. Jaws was a good movie, as was Jurassic park because the Sharks / dinosuars didn't have so much screen time. They built the story around the characters then when they showed up it was great climactic scenes. If Jaws followed the shark around for 1/2 the movie instead of just the tiny bits it was in there then it wouldn't have been nearly as good.

The people don't feel like "Real people" enough. The best example I can find of this would be early on when Julet is thrown out of her home: Here is the entirety of this scene pretty much although not verbatum:

Juliets dad: "Hey Juliet, would you stop playing on the phone and do your homework?" (Juliet and her dad are sitting at the dinner table as she looks at her phone)
Juliet:"..."
Juliets dad: "..."
Juliet: "..."
Juliets dad: "LISTEN TO ME GET OFF YOUR PHONE"
Juliet "What?"
Juliet's dad:"That's it I had enough. All you do is goof off, and your grades are failing. I have warned you enough times."
Juliet:"huh?"
Juliet's dad: "Get out, and go live with your boy toy." (Juliets dad points at the door)
Julet "Fine I'll go"
Juliets dad:"NEVER COME BACK!"
Juliet: "Bye dad"
Juliet then walks away sniffling

Scenes such as the above feel too quick and unrealistic without much emotional range or proper buildup or proper character motivation. It's established here that Juliet = a student. For if she is not a student then why does she have homework? Hmm... This happens fairly early in episode one, and going all the way up past the completion of episode 3 I never once see the girl in any sort of classroom environment.

What is the purpose of such a scene? Such scenes serve the plot to have a reason for Juliet not to be living at home with her dad. Fair enough. However, it leaves little room for character growth. Here is a better way this scene could have been written in my opinion, I'm just gonna write something off the top of my head to show you what I mean real quick:

Once again Juliet and her dad are sitting at the kitchen table as she dicks around on her phone:
Juliet's dad: "Why was there $2,000 charged to my credit card this month?"
Juliet: "Shoes"
Juliet's dad: "Shoes!? You spent $2,000 on shoes!?"
Juliet: "Ya so?"
Juliet's dad: "I let you have that credit card for emergency purposes ONLY shoes are NOT an emergency!"
Juliet: "I needed shoes."
Juliet's dad: "I am not made of money. I am not your slave."
Juliet: "Don't I deserve nice things?"
Juliet's dad: "If you want nice things then you are going to have to work for them. I am cutting you off."
Juliet: "Wait what? You can't do that, you are my dad!"
Juliet's dad: "This is the only way that you will learn the value of a dollar. I am not your sugar daddy. I am your father."
Juliet: "God dad you are so selfish..."
Juliet's dad: "Selfish for wanting you to make your own way in this world really? You sound just like your mother."
Juliet: "Mom left you because you are so selfish..."
Juliet's dad: "Your mother left because she wanted a rich man, I'm sorry but I work for a living!"
Juliet's dad: "That $2,000 dollars you spent on shoes is going to take me months to pay off."
Juliet: "I'll pay you back dad... I promise"
Juliet's dad: "Right... When pigs fly huh?"
Juliet: "I'm leaving!"
Juliet's dad: "Sure you are..."
Juliet:"You don't believe me?"
Then she leaves after this fight.

Something sort of like this, but not exactly this, but better written (as this was just off the top of my head real quick) would have made much more sense to have put in here in terms of character development. It makes sense if Juliet takes that job offer later she is trying to earn some money for a change. Makes sense why she is with that little dick dude maybe he got money? It gives Juliet a character flaw as a "gold digger" possibly, or gives her the opportunity to become a "Whore" or try to earn money legitimately.

The story itself feels more geared towards more of a "Plot Driven" story than a "Character Driven" story which could be fine, but with this particular story I think it would make more sense to revolve around Juliet than the overarching plot.

As an example of what I mean here there is a part where the story says something like "Some time passes with small chit chat." Kinda like skipping over character interactions, and dialogue here... No! Don't do that... no no no... That's bad! At points like this you have to have characters talking to one another and having more interactions and building up of who they are, and how they interact with one another.

As for sexual scenes, I think they are both jumped into too quickly and are too short.

More choices would also be a great addition. I think it's a little light on those, and certain scenes would have done better to have more options in them. Particularly that truth or dare scene. Truth or dare portions of a game are great parts to either gain valuable information from a character asking an intimate truth, or to get some great and sexy dare for the sexy fun times.

Keep working at it, you will find your groove.

• Love
Reactions: WrenchPhillips

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Checked the game out on Episode 3, and here are my thoughts:

The characters look nice and original, good job in making them.

My main criticism of it would be it feels more like a "Fantasy game, with adult elements" than it does an "Adult game, with fantasy elements." The "Fantasy Game" takes the role of "Planet" in celestial terms, but instead of making the "Adult Game" a star, it is but a simple moon orbiting the Fantasy game when it would be so much better if it were a bright beaming star.

And to clarify by "Adult Game" I don't simply mean "More sex" or "More sex options". I'm talking about the characters that are more or less "normal people" Such as Sam & Juliet not having enough screen time or plot relevance relative to strange monster creatures. Jaws was a good movie, as was Jurassic park because the Sharks / dinosuars didn't have so much screen time. They built the story around the characters then when they showed up it was great climactic scenes. If Jaws followed the shark around for 1/2 the movie instead of just the tiny bits it was in there then it wouldn't have been nearly as good.

The people don't feel like "Real people" enough. The best example I can find of this would be early on when Julet is thrown out of her home: Here is the entirety of this scene pretty much although not verbatum:

Juliets dad: "Hey Juliet, would you stop playing on the phone and do your homework?" (Juliet and her dad are sitting at the dinner table as she looks at her phone)
Juliet:"..."
Juliets dad: "..."
Juliet: "..."
Juliets dad: "LISTEN TO ME GET OFF YOUR PHONE"
Juliet "What?"
Juliet's dad:"That's it I had enough. All you do is goof off, and your grades are failing. I have warned you enough times."
Juliet:"huh?"
Juliet's dad: "Get out, and go live with your boy toy." (Juliets dad points at the door)
Julet "Fine I'll go"
Juliets dad:"NEVER COME BACK!"
Juliet: "Bye dad"
Juliet then walks away sniffling

Scenes such as the above feel too quick and unrealistic without much emotional range or proper buildup or proper character motivation. It's established here that Juliet = a student. For if she is not a student then why does she have homework? Hmm... This happens fairly early in episode one, and going all the way up past the completion of episode 3 I never once see the girl in any sort of classroom environment.

What is the purpose of such a scene? Such scenes serve the plot to have a reason for Juliet not to be living at home with her dad. Fair enough. However, it leaves little room for character growth. Here is a better way this scene could have been written in my opinion, I'm just gonna write something off the top of my head to show you what I mean real quick:

Once again Juliet and her dad are sitting at the kitchen table as she dicks around on her phone:
Juliet's dad: "Why was there $2,000 charged to my credit card this month?"
Juliet: "Shoes"
Juliet's dad: "Shoes!? You spent $2,000 on shoes!?"
Juliet: "Ya so?"
Juliet's dad: "I let you have that credit card for emergency purposes ONLY shoes are NOT an emergency!"
Juliet: "I needed shoes."
Juliet's dad: "I am not made of money. I am not your slave."
Juliet: "Don't I deserve nice things?"
Juliet's dad: "If you want nice things then you are going to have to work for them. I am cutting you off."
Juliet: "Wait what? You can't do that, you are my dad!"
Juliet's dad: "This is the only way that you will learn the value of a dollar. I am not your sugar daddy. I am your father."
Juliet: "God dad you are so selfish..."
Juliet's dad: "Selfish for wanting you to make your own way in this world really? You sound just like your mother."
Juliet: "Mom left you because you are so selfish..."
Juliet's dad: "Your mother left because she wanted a rich man, I'm sorry but I work for a living!"
Juliet's dad: "That $2,000 dollars you spent on shoes is going to take me months to pay off."
Juliet: "I'll pay you back dad... I promise"
Juliet's dad: "Right... When pigs fly huh?"
Juliet: "I'm leaving!"
Juliet's dad: "Sure you are..."
Juliet:"You don't believe me?"
Then she leaves after this fight.

Something sort of like this, but not exactly this, but better written (as this was just off the top of my head real quick) would have made much more sense to have put in here in terms of character development. It makes sense if Juliet takes that job offer later she is trying to earn some money for a change. Makes sense why she is with that little dick dude maybe he got money? It gives Juliet a character flaw as a "gold digger" possibly, or gives her the opportunity to become a "Whore" or try to earn money legitimately.

The story itself feels more geared towards more of a "Plot Driven" story than a "Character Driven" story which could be fine, but with this particular story I think it would make more sense to revolve around Juliet than the overarching plot.

As an example of what I mean here there is a part where the story says something like "Some time passes with small chit chat." Kinda like skipping over character interactions, and dialogue here... No! Don't do that... no no no... That's bad! At points like this you have to have characters talking to one another and having more interactions and building up of who they are, and how they interact with one another.

As for sexual scenes, I think they are both jumped into too quickly and are too short.

More choices would also be a great addition. I think it's a little light on those, and certain scenes would have done better to have more options in them. Particularly that truth or dare scene. Truth or dare portions of a game are great parts to either gain valuable information from a character asking an intimate truth, or to get some great and sexy dare for the sexy fun times.

Keep working at it, you will find your groove.
Wow. Thanks for taking the time to go over all this, and the time and effort put into it.

I agree and I should probably redo some of the scenes at least from the first episode at least, I basically got half way done with episode 1 about a year ago and rewrote the whole thing, that's why they play truth or dare out of order and its a bit odd and also why when episode 1-2 released there was that error where the wrong people were talking during the zombie part as they switched names and characters completely and that was overlooked.

In the last episode I was having massive technical difficulties in the house hence another time jump there they were originally supposed to get drunk hang out and play spin the bottle there in my outline.

For the scene with the dad was one of the first ones I did ever and admittedly I had no idea what I was doing (I cut out about half the renders from that scene) his hair was clipping into his big head and at the time had no idea how to fix it lol. I originally planned for a school to be a big part of the story, but I don't have the props/scenes required for it (And i think now it might be a bit much anyways, I already have lots of plots going on already). School requires lots of characters, props, locations, and such, that I thought at the time I could get. I realized eventually that I was overly ambitious and put it on the back burner.

backstory as to why juliet and john were dating and the future or non future of that, will be explored at the very beginning of the next ep ;)

Also I understand these examples weren't everything wrong and just examples, I just wanted to give some background/insight into most of it. And acknowledge the constructive criticism of your well thought out post.

Reactions: yihman1

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Dont really know what to say to this. Other than i am looking into the flickering images, it doesn't happen on my end at all. I am a renpy noob so ill see if i can find someone to help me about it.

EDIT think i figured it out and fixed it, should hopefully be good next update

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikedazz1

WrenchPhillips

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
Sorry for the long ass time in between this release. Took forever for this next update. its bigger than before last count was 600+ renders, but a slower episode. I'm moving to a monthly release schedule after this month, hopefully to keep interest in the project up. I'm also working on a side project that will be the release for this month, i'm trying to do something completely different from a design sense with that so hopefully you give that a shot when it comes out.

Reactions: Mikedazz1
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes