3.20 star(s) 17 Votes

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
That's so wrong... Why help a dev when he's almost done with the game? that's not really helping. That's pay as little as possible to get the most possible. How does anyone know when a game will be near the end anyways? you really only know, when you've gotten there. games can get extended or cut short, there is never a real answer.
Practicality.
Assume I want a AAA quality video game, I can look between £40~£60 so lets average to £50.
Now, lets assume your patreon asks for say, £5 per month.

After 10 months, which is less than a year, I have now paid the same amount of money that I would've paid for a game like Elden Ring.

I doubt you'd finish the game in that time. Heck, I question how much content your game could possibly have just by virtue of being a VN.

So, the longer I support you, the less wise this decision is for me financially.
That's the perspective of someone looking to "Buy the game." We're willing to pay for it, we're even willing to pay for it before its done, but we want a guaruntee that we will get a finished product if we're going to do it.

The other perspective is "Supporting" you to create these games, in which case, either I really need to love your work or I need to have faith that you as a developer are going to provide that which I want to support. By abandoning the game, you've made me not have that faith, and so I'm less likely to support you.

You must speculate to accumulate. As someone else said, presume your first game wont do well for you financially, but it'll bring attention to you and your second game is where the money comes in.

My advice is to make your first game simple. Do perhaps a 1 on 1 game with a linear story, to demonstrate your art and story writing abilities, and that will help set you up for developing a bigger project over a longer period afterwards.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Practicality.
Assume I want a AAA quality video game, I can look between £40~£60 so lets average to £50.
Now, lets assume your patreon asks for say, £5 per month.

After 10 months, which is less than a year, I have now paid the same amount of money that I would've paid for a game like Elden Ring.

I doubt you'd finish the game in that time. Heck, I question how much content your game could possibly have just by virtue of being a VN.

So, the longer I support you, the less wise this decision is for me financially.
That's the perspective of someone looking to "Buy the game." We're willing to pay for it, we're even willing to pay for it before its done, but we want a guaruntee that we will get a finished product if we're going to do it.

The other perspective is "Supporting" you to create these games, in which case, either I really need to love your work or I need to have faith that you as a developer are going to provide that which I want to support. By abandoning the game, you've made me not have that faith, and so I'm less likely to support you.

You must speculate to accumulate. As someone else said, presume your first game wont do well for you financially, but it'll bring attention to you and your second game is where the money comes in.
I think the issue is consumer confidence.
Back in 2017 you might start making money after a year but right now the market is so saturated and so many projects never make it to even a year. It's not surprising to see the h-game supporters more and more hesitant to spend their money on a newly created game from an unknown dev.

Personally I've got two rules a dev needs to do for me to support them these days.
1: The project needs to be a least a year old. I've been burned way to many times on a dev giving up a project.
2: The dev needs to be able to put out 30min of content for every month of development. So if an update takes three months to make, all the content in it needs to last an hour and a half.

I think the reality is, if you're a new dev wanting to get into h-games, be prepared to make peanuts for a long time.
This is true for pretty much any new business start up in the world.

Not a lot of people have the raw capital to float them for 1 to 2 years, and working a full time job AND making a game on the side is a lot to ask for your average person.

Last edited:

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
ok now im curious.... what dev brings 30 min of content in 1 month?
NLT does about an hour a month. Irph used to manage it but that ship sailed last year.
AFV is hit or miss but comes pretty close most of the time. Power Vacuum, Timestamps. Rick and Morty before he hurt his hand.
Keep in mind we're talking total amount of content here. If a scene has 3 outcomes, I'm counting all three not just one. And if you're skipping through text and not reading then that's on you.

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
I think the issue is consumer confidence.
Back in 2017 you might start making money after a year but right now the market is so saturated and so many projects never make it to even a year. It's not surprising to see the h-game supporters more and more hesitant to spend their money on a newly created game from an unknown dev.

Personally I've got two rules a dev needs to do for me to support them these days.
1: The project needs to be a least a year old. I've been burned way to many times on a dev giving up a project.
2: The dev needs to be able to put out 30min of content for every month of development. So if an update takes three months to make, all the content in it needs to last an hour and a half.

I think the reality is, if you're a new dev wanting to get into h-games, be prepared to make peanuts for a long time.
This is true for pretty much any new business start up in the world.

Not a lot of people have the raw capital to float them for 1 to 2 years, and working a full time job AND making a game on the side is a lot to ask for your average person.
Honestly that's why I suggest all devs should start small.

Like, do a short romance thing that has say, an hour of playtime. It's a barebones demonstration of what you offer as a developer, from both an Art and Story perspective.

I genuinely believe that too many developers overdo it with their first game, going full on Harem from the get go, where they either dont make enough or burn out quickly because of expectations.

Reactions: ElCafillero

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
I am new to the game but the description of knock up all the girls sounds appealing. Too bad it's been abandoned I hope what content there is is good.

Reactions: Nessiah

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Any other games that are like this were a shemale character wants too fuck and knock up girls and familes
You should ask that question over on the Recommendations forum, specifically set up for these types of inquiries. As per forum rules now (viz., Rule #2.4), these questions are not supposed to appear in a game's thread. If you search the Recommendations forum and don't find the question asked there (or don't find an answer if this has been asked), you can create a new thread. I would link to the OP of this game for reference for anyone who isn't as familiar with this game.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
You should ask that question over on the Recommendations forum, specifically set up for these types of inquiries. As per forum rules now (viz., Rule #2.4), these questions are not supposed to appear in a game's thread. If you search the Recommendations forum and don't find the question asked there (or don't find an answer if this has been asked), you can create a new thread. I would link to the OP of this game for reference for anyone who isn't as familiar with this game.
Are they scared naming other similar games will make people not want to play the game in the thread they're in? I don't see any other reason for that rule. A bit dumb, in my honest opinion.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Are they scared naming other similar games will make people not want to play the game in the thread they're in? I don't see any other reason for that rule. A bit dumb, in my honest opinion.
Shrug-Wednesday.gif

For active games, I could see the concern. Many developers own their own threads, so if that's the case I could see the complaint being that it siphons folks away from their game and over to someone else's. That said, signatures are allowed to highlight games, so any time you comment on a game thread you're advertising for someone else unless you happen to be on the thread of a game in your signature. So I think the reasoning isn't the most solid.

Still, I can see both sides of the argument. I was just passing along the information; post other game suggestions at your own risk. And FYI, I have multiple times seen the rule enforced, so it's not just some obscure thing that always gets ignored.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
View attachment 3505445

For active games, I could see the concern. Many developers own their own threads, so if that's the case I could see the complaint being that it siphons folks away from their game and over to someone else's. That said, signatures are allowed to highlight games, so any time you comment on a game thread you're advertising for someone else unless you happen to be on the thread of a game in your signature. So I think the reasoning isn't the most solid.

Still, I can see both sides of the argument. I was just passing along the information; post other game suggestions at your own risk. And FYI, I have multiple times seen the rule enforced, so it's not just some obscure thing that always gets ignored.
I guess in small cases where someone only has $5 a month to spare and they may or may not decide to stop subbing to one dev just to start subbing for another dev, but that isn't too realistic in my mind. And on a pirate site, where the majority are just lurking and downloading for free, and not subbing to any devs, all they're gonna do is play both games mentioned...the one in the thread they're reading, and the one the thread was created for. lol

I can kinda see why they may create the rule..I guess, just as an "in case of certain scenarios that are possible" type thing, but I still don't see it as likely. Anywho...good to know info has been shared, and thanks for that.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I guess in small cases where someone only has $5 a month to spare and they may or may not decide to stop subbing to one dev just to start subbing for another dev, but that isn't too realistic in my mind. And on a pirate site, where the majority are just lurking and downloading for free, and not subbing to any devs, all they're gonna do is play both games mentioned...the one in the thread they're reading, and the one the thread was created for. lol

I can kinda see why they may create the rule..I guess, just as an "in case of certain scenarios that are possible" type thing, but I still don't see it as likely. Anywho...good to know info has been shared, and thanks for that.
While the majority might do that, there are still plenty of subscribers that come to devs from their game threads here. I work with some who comment on how pleased they are with new subscribers that came only after dropping an update on F95. Also, keep in mind that F95 ends up feeding other pirate sites, expanding the overall reach to potential subscribers. And some folks on this site are on other pirate sites as well, so if they're excited about a game here, they could hype it up elsewhere. It might sound like not a big deal to have people go to other threads, but for the potential subscribers who could get redirected, it can be a very big deal for a game dev. I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand so quickly just because most only pirate games and never support.

3.20 star(s) 17 Votes