Aug 26, 2017
Hey there, I've been trying to run this game on mac and haven't had any luck. I've played all the other Chloe 18 games without a hitch just doing the 'ol "xattr -rc" thing. Fake Family, however, boots to the splash image and immediately crashes. I can't seem to get it to run. I've searched the thread and it doesn't seem this is an issue that was previously resolved...

Any ideas on what might be the culprit here?

SCP 001

Aug 21, 2017
Hey there, I've been trying to run this game on mac and haven't had any luck. I've played all the other Chloe 18 games without a hitch just doing the 'ol "xattr -rc" thing. Fake Family, however, boots to the splash image and immediately crashes. I can't seem to get it to run. I've searched the thread and it doesn't seem this is an issue that was previously resolved...

Any ideas on what might be the culprit here?
tried the steps laid out on the devs website yet?

Reactions: GDS

Yan121

Sep 29, 2017
If you use search engine on any GDS game thread about "i can't run it on mac" you will find that half posts are about it. :ROFLMAO:

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
If you use search engine on any GDS game thread about "i can't run it on mac" you will find that half posts are about it. :ROFLMAO:
MAC hates non-paying DEVs(adults devs cant pay them even if I want to)

For now The game is working 100% on any mac as long you do the fixes to allow it

If the game ever come to a stop on mac I will sell one render machine to buy a newer mac to port

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
why is this shit trending?
I heard its because GDS is handsome and bella is Ok-ish,
that must be reason.

Gds paid me for an advertising campaign so i sit and praise game from 100 different accounts whole day long
But why do you ask?
True that! it's not like I waste all my money on whiskey and hookers, or anything
1600270846894.png

mdk2100

Feb 4, 2019
So....can we at least have a dream screen were she is prego. It`s not for me. My conscience wants it.
1600295835322.png

legend_shon

Mar 17, 2018
lol, Only 42 pages of comments for such game. expected 1,500. and its also 0.1 -_- for all content
. if i could make games (even shitty) i would be so happy =)

Aug 26, 2017
tried the steps laid out on the devs website yet?
Yeah. That's what I mean when I say, "the 'ol 'xattr -rc' thing." The fixes on the website work well to get every other Chloe 18 game running on my computer. Fake Family, however, crashes on bootup once it loads past the splash image.

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
lol, Only 42 pages of comments for such game. expected 1,500. and its also 0.1 -_- for all content
. if i could make games (even shitty) i would be so happy =)
I'm planning to add bug and stuff to make people angry, that may boost replys

Yeah. That's what I mean when I say, "the 'ol 'xattr -rc' thing." The fixes on the website work well to get every other Chloe 18 game running on my computer. Fake Family, however, crashes on bootup once it loads past the splash image.
if it crashes before showing Bella's intro or the warning intro, it mean something in your PC is blocking the or some file is missing

Can't give more info since my MAC is old AF and cant run latest mac OS
but it's a bug never reported by any mac user before

Last edited:

SCP 001

Aug 21, 2017
will we get a progress update this week, like we got ?

4.00 star(s) 81 Votes