Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
I wonder why Travis comes off as the only somewhat sane person. He is even more weirded out by how slutty people are than Chloe was. Her main gripe was "this person is just trying to fuck me!" while Travis is "this person is making no sense. Everyone in this town has ass backwards logic."

I'm also looking forward to how Travis convinces Taylor he isn't gay. It'll change a lot of the interactions/dialog with her. How will he get it through her thick skull? I hate how much I think about this game, you wonderful bastard!

Reactions: Nitetrain77

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
Those two are the best looking/better worked maps I found with remply:

no bad, but still way simples than the map of my first game ever
I have to ask, what is it about the maps/screens in your games that is more complex than the ones you showed from Mythic Manor / Hero's Harem Guild?

fake_family_map.jpg back_to_class_map.jpg

I see a static background and a bunch of hotspots to click on, some of which are animated. Which feels to me about the same as what's in most sandboxy RenPy games (though most authors don't bother to implement animations).

I can definitely see it being tough to implement the car driving from Fake Family in RenPy, or the freely positioned text characteristic to your games. But it's not impossible.

in the end of day Remply still a NOVEL maker. and adding scripts to do things it's so much work that most dev wont even do it, or will do it craplly

One of The reason why my updates are always huge is my game engine, I can code in the beauty while drunk with easy
There's nothing wrong with preferring to work in your favorite language or framework, whatever makes you feel productive. But I find it odd in these threads when you get grumpy about people who like RenPy and act like it's hard to do certain things that are well within its core competency.

There's certainly things that are easier to do in other engines compared to RenPy, like if you want to do fancy shaders or a bunch of different parallax layers or 3d or whatever.

The tradeoff is that RenPy games have a common interface and built-in functionality that is comforting to people who play many games, such as:
* Save anywhere
* Configurable text speed
* Rollback
* Hold ctrl to skip

Implementing these features in other engines is tough so most authors don't do it, which can be a drag for people who have come to expect them.

Plus, for authors, it's possible to break open the source of any RenPy game you download so if you can't figure out how to do a particular type of scene or minigame you can just borrow from someone who figured it out.

Not to say you should change anything you're doing, just that there's a reason RenPy is popular even for games that aren't strictly "novels".

neyofox

Apr 30, 2019
I downloaded the Mac version from both Mega and NOPY, and both extracted fine. However, when opening the game, it says the file is damaged and wouldn't let me open it. Does anyone else run into the same issue?

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I have to ask, what is it about the maps/screens in your games that is more complex than the ones you showed from Mythic Manor / Hero's Harem Guild?

View attachment 1042132 View attachment 1042133

I see a static background and a bunch of hotspots to click on, some of which are animated. Which feels to me about the same as what's in most sandboxy RenPy games (though most authors don't bother to implement animations).

I can definitely see it being tough to implement the car driving from Fake Family in RenPy, or the freely positioned text characteristic to your games. But it's not impossible.
Back when I wasnt banned on the F95 discord(I was banned 3 times for been too handsome) this always happened:
Remply DEV: There is nothing especial in your game that you cant do in remply
GDS: so why Every Remply game looks the same and none does what I do
Remply DEV: Remply CAN do the same
GDS: Gives a small list of things that CANNOT be done easly on Remply
Remply DEV: Takes 5 hours to replicate those things on remply, And proudly shows that remply can do anything

- But he just prove it's impossible to make a game like that because:

- what takes me seconds to do, it takes in remply minutes FOR EVERY LINE OF TEXT,<< it really adds up
-you may not notice playing Chloe games but every line of text, every option, ever move icon, etc are on a different X,Y and it takes me a clickof mouse to do it, And remply it'd takes 1m at best(for line), longer if you want to change it or put in a "better" Place

-Particles , reply aint a game engine(novel engine) so cant really do particles or Sprites. I removed most particles because my mac it too old and cant play them to debug but you can kind of notice when you click your mouse.

-The secret menu, or the Turn base Pixel game hidden inside the Fake family, or the 2d side scrolling with D&D battles

-the sex control that remember old Flash games

dont take me wrong, just because you could make skyrim in HTML, it doesnt mean it's a good idea or even worth the trouble
YOU CAN make a "GAME" and not a "NOVEL" in remply but the same apply

There's certainly things that are easier to do in other engines compared to RenPy, like if you want to do fancy shaders or a bunch of different parallax layers or 3d or whatever.

The tradeoff is that RenPy games have a common interface and built-in functionality that is comforting to people who play many games, such as:
* Save anywhere
* Configurable text speed
* Rollback
* Hold ctrl to skip
common interface mean that the game have no personality, You played ONE game all looks a like,

* Save anywhere , NOT possible unless I take over 1 week to do it every update just because one thing > open the game save file it have over 1k variables, + 30k text X,Y variables + sex animation and images are dynamic loaded from the DATA folder
only the version for the beta test have a save everyone option(it works only on widows and is so-so).
to avoid the need I made the game so you dont need to save scum.

* Configurable text speed > why anyone want that? everyone use instant text, so I just removed text speed back on Chloe18

* Rollback > that's a good point, but again only NOVELS have those, because it's a pain to put it anywhere else(drunk me cant do that)

* Hold ctrl to skip > I just made the skip go to the right mouse button, so you can always play with one hand.. this is a adult game after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I downloaded the Mac version from both Mega and NOPY, and both extracted fine. However, when opening the game, it says the file is damaged and wouldn't let me open it. Does anyone else run into the same issue?

wmatthau

Sep 30, 2018
Why we don't have a linux version when we have mac version?
That's a GameMaker limitation. (Edit: GDS uses a custom engine based on GameMaker.) Fortunately I can report the game works great via Wine. I only game on Linux and I've never had any trouble with any of GDS' games.

Last edited:

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Why we don't have a linux version when we have mac version?
That's a GameMaker limitation. (Edit: GDS uses a custom engine based on GameMaker.) Fortunately I can report the game works great via Wine. I only game on Linux and I've never had any trouble with any of GDS' games.
game maker studio DOES works on umbunt and should work better than MAC, but it askes for a second PC running on Unbunt to compile and sandboxing it doesnt work.
There are so little people with Linux That it be a waste of time and money right now to make a working unbunt version,

and a lot of people on linus can run.EXE

Reactions: wotano

CeeJay2265

Feb 14, 2021
So this game is pretty great. Lots of hot and fun ideas here.

I'm sorry if I'm about to ask a question that's been answered a million times, but how do those cheat code things work and what exactly do they do? I tried clicking on them and typing them in and they don't seem to affect anything.

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
So this game is pretty great. Lots of hot and fun ideas here.

I'm sorry if I'm about to ask a question that's been answered a million times, but how do those cheat code things work and what exactly do they do? I tried clicking on them and typing them in and they don't seem to affect anything.
type "GDS" on your keyboard when nothing is happening on the screen

Reactions: CeeJay2265

lilol

Nov 10, 2017
When i try the GDS Cheat and get all my stats around 100 and then continue playing all of them are like they where befor
(sorry if eng is bad)

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
When i try the GDS Cheat and get all my stats around 100 and then continue playing all of them are like they where befor
(sorry if eng is bad)
I think some may reset To the CAPS,
some stuff has a MAX cap to avoid grinding

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
All Halloween songS, but the sex one are from a cover band named "BROKEN PEACH"
all their song are free on youtube.
they are kind of hot too, Bella Has a crush on them

dude have you mom Drop you a lot while you where a Baby?
View attachment 1039878

View attachment 1039879

YEap the average Jap girl is 145cm, she looked like a hobbit next to Chloe(162cm)
and straight to FBI closer to Travis(180cm)
But now I'm making her Taller when having sex(169cm)
Thanks for telling us about Broken Peach. I checked them out on YouTube and really enjoyed their songs. From Spain, I think.

ushikun

Jul 22, 2017
All Halloween songS, but the sex one are from a cover band named "BROKEN PEACH"
all their song are free on youtube.
they are kind of hot too, Bella Has a crush on them

dude have you mom Drop you a lot while you where a Baby?
View attachment 1039878

View attachment 1039879

YEap the average Jap girl is 145cm, she looked like a hobbit next to Chloe(162cm)
and straight to FBI closer to Travis(180cm)
But now I'm making her Taller when having sex(169cm)
The average Japanese height for females is about 158~159cm now according to a survey done in 2018 by the Japanese Government.

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
I can't seem to access a menu when in the game, no settings or save/load while in game or am I missing something?

4.00 star(s) 81 Votes