Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_chlroom_moveBATHout:

Variable obj_chloe_room.room_exit(100517, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_chlroom_moveBATHout_Create_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_chlroom_moveBATHout_Create_0 (line -1)
gml_Script_Create (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_chloe_room_Step_0

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I liked the original and LOVED Chloe herself!
One thing I dislike about this engine, in terms of of how the CG is stored, which I like to collect some images from all the games I play, is that several images come together as a single file, so there has to be some cutting to do to save some of them individually

Deneuve

Aug 6, 2017
ooooooh this is a remake of the first game.
I thought this was an addition to Chloe Back 2 School, sorta an update to that.
Also weird that the game is using the Fake Family icon.
1664830743358.png

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
Is this worth it? Are we actually getting a different game here or just an updated look from the original one?

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
So, at this point, I have no explanation as to why this could not simply be added to fake family, instead of being another game altogether.

It seems to be within the same location and timeframe, all the characters are there aside from Travis.
The game does suffer from the usual issues from the previous games though:

Energy management is now done through eating, since sleeping only restores 1 energy for *reasons* while eating a banana restores 3 I believe.
Most of the progression is like a massive fog, you simply have no fucking clue what to do (or if it's just not in yet?)

I'm assuming the missing achivements I got, are the current content, but I've got no fucking clue what needs to be done to progress, as usual in GDS' games unfortunately.

The requirements are not always clear (like the drinking interactions in the night club in Fake family, it was literally impossible to guess when to add/remove the underwear), or when a quest is grey with "???????????" on it... there's simply not a fucking hint as to what's needed to progress, and that is annoying as hell.

As usual, the stats requirements seems completely arbitrary, and way too high, forcing the player to redo the same stuff over and over and over, with absolutely no added value.

On the plus side now:

- the webcam girl minigame became a lot simpler, since you no longer need to click on hearts/messages/etc, and while the video game pip added is not straight forward, once you figure out what it does, it gets a lot more interesting. The down side however, is because of all the mini interactions you need to do, like previously when clicks were needed, you simply can not pay attention to what Chloe's actually doing. To me, this beats the purpose of having her do lewd stuff, if you're too busy doing the mini games to actually watch her. It still an improvement over the previous two versions though.

- The game is a lot smoother and faster than the previous ones, although the space key can triggers multiple interactions/skip quickly, instead of just moving one sentence at a time.

So, this game is neither a reboot or a remake of the original game, as most of the story is retold very briefly in the intro. It's literally in the same time frame as Fake family, so clearly after the previous games (Fake family pending confirmation,as Travis is seemingly hiding from the law, it could well be right at the start of Fake family when he's in hiding right before joining the family, or in it, or after it, depending on what actually happens to fake family.)

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
So, at this point, I have no explanation as to why this could not simply be added to fake family, instead of being another game altogether.

It seems to be within the same location and timeframe, all the characters are there aside from Travis.
The game does suffer from the usual issues from the previous games though:
Fake family was mostly about a 26 year old loser who pretended to be a teenager. I liked it okay, but not as much as I liked the Chloe games, I am rather glad it is separated myself <<< NOTE the personal opinion. >>>>I also understand your thinking

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Fake family was mostly about a 26 year old loser who pretended to be a teenager. I liked it okay, but not as much as I liked the Chloe games, I am rather glad it is separated myself <<< NOTE the personal opinion. >>>>I also understand your thinking
I think Travis could have worked a lot better if it was let's say a former juvi teen, that ended up in jail right after his 18th birthday, and escaped (with the look to boot.) Like 19 Years old or something.

What GDS did wrong with Fake family, in my opinion, is making it a Chloe game, and promising Chloe content and dual protags. If it was announced as a fully Travis game, with only Chloe cameos/getting fucked here and there, with a man youngish enough to be in there, with a story that made sense, it would have gone down a lot better with most people in my opinion.

I completely understand Chloe's fans on the point that Travis is too prominent in the game. While I personally prefer playing a white male straight protag myself, I obviously enjoyed playing Travis a lot more than playing Chloe.

I'm not sure GDS can finish Fake family properly at this point, because for now, the fans might be satiated with this game, when and if he goes back to fake family, they'll get pissed off again. It's only delaying the inevitable, while potentially loosing some of the male protag supporters in the process.

Fake family is so far done already, that reworking either characters out, would more than likely take as long, if not longer, than simply making a new game from scratch.

I truly believe that making a new game without finishing the previous one, to be a mistake, but it's already done, so I guess he won't have much choice but to finish this one now.

Reactions: babysnaps

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
It's already been asked 2 times and no answer, so I think we already know the answer, but I'll ask again: is it possible to play with a pure lesbian path or is it obligated to have relationships with guys?

Reactions: battali0n
Jul 23, 2018
Honestly, I wanna play this again as it's the game that got me started on these types of games on here. But honestly as a remake I kinda wish that her design would have been upgraded slightly at least. :/

3.10 star(s) 10 Votes