SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
How close? I'm about to explode!
According to Philly's latest Status Update, he's about one week away from proofing and testing. I forgot how long it typically takes to go from testing to release but let's say it takes another week, then we're two weeks away from the most recent status update till release (speculation on my end). Feel free to throw a dollar to his in order to get access to his weekly status updates.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Philly stated it in his discord. I don't have screen-shots or anything like that so feel free to take that info with a grain of salt or just outright ignore it.
Ummmm.....no. Outside of book 1 roughly being a halfway point and swag guessing 14 chapters, no true definitive number is set. The chapters just have decent stopping points and size could still vary a bit. If I were a gambling man, I'd guess book 2 would be shorter....but who the hell knows.

Beta testing typically takes a week....proofreading is a big chunk of it that can hold up a release pending # of passes needed (not trying to throw ya under the bus Iggy haha). Thankfully COBD is a more basic renpy game that doesn't require mass bug hunting. Making sure paths work...saves....gallery...scoring...etc. its pretty straight forward.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Ummmm.....no. Outside of book 1 roughly being a halfway point and swag guessing 14 chapters, no true definitive number is set. The chapters just have decent stopping points and size could still vary a bit. If I were a gambling man, I'd guess book 2 would be shorter....but who the hell knows.

Beta testing typically takes a week....proofreading is a big chunk of it that can hold up a release pending # of passes needed (not trying to throw ya under the bus Iggy haha). Thankfully COBD is a more basic renpy game that doesn't require mass bug hunting. Making sure paths work...saves....gallery...scoring...etc. its pretty straight forward.
Philly himself has stated that 14 was the goal, . If you choose not to believe it due to my lack of proof (which is just me being like "trust me bro") then I don't blame you. But I'm just throwing out what was stated to be the estimated goal.

As for the length of beta testing, that's what I figured. I imagine it's give or take a few days. but thanks.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Philly himself has stated that 14 was the goal, . If you choose not to believe it due to my lack of proof (which is just me being like "trust me bro") then I don't blame you. But I'm just throwing out what was stated to be the estimated goal.

As for the length of beta testing, that's what I figured. I imagine it's give or take a few days. but thanks.
Well....what the fuck would I know huh? Haha....you're gonna have to trust me. And since I beta test...that's fairly credible too. :D

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes