cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

LemonTree 83

Dec 18, 2023
Just finished my first complete playthrough, without a walkthrough, and got the (how to call it) "good Victoria" ending...

Now i'm wondering:
how much difference storywise etc is there, if i would go a different route?
Is the difference impactful? Or is it just different in a few scenes and barely noticable?

Just to explain...
i tried to stay away from Victoria, but showed interest in her human side, told Ellen about interest in her... typical good guy.
But if i choose to accept her offers from the beginning, would MC change his behavior in general?
Would it be worth the time to play through the second path?

Otherwise i would try to go for Ellen... think the connection between her and MC is the best fitting IMO.
Katie is like too nice and too good, too much romance plot for me.

As for ending this journey in general...
I prefer to keep my opinion for now to myself, my thoughts are all over the place.

Reactions: WhatDatDogDoing

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
City of Broken Dreamers [v1.15.0 Ch. 15] [PhillyGames]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

City of Broken Dreamers [v1.15.0 Ch. 15 UPDATE ONLY] [PhillyGames]

COMPRESSED:

- MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD

Thank you so much for this. No way was I going to grab 15GB.

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
I haven't played the complete version yet, but according to the replies there's no Chandra ending. Damn, she really is just a glorified side girl.

The above quotes were observations of mine in the early versions of the VN.
That's surprising. If I remember correctly at some point, I think during first steam release, dev or someone else working with him, said she's the "face of the game".

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
So the ending of the game left a lot to be desired?
Just from reading the last couple pages the overall consent is kinda meh.

Will give the game a try once I have time. I am sure there is a lot to read.
Yeah, i'm reading a lot of criticism stating the time he took and delivered just 4 endings with 4 individual LIs and 2 other endings was underwhelming and feels rushed. I haven't tried it myself yet so i'm going to make up my mind about it after i play it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: envyNox and xapican

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Eh, I don't think Chandra ever came across in-game as anything more than a side girl: She served her purpose by linking the MC up with other characters and offering some early lewd stuff, before it would be narratively appropriate for some of the more major romantic interests.

Of course I can understand some players wanting more of her, but at least she's still a part of the MC's life on the "solo" end. I think Sonja fans have far more reason to be disappointed.

Shanlon's first scene was her best, after that the content seemed to run a bit out of steam and mostly repeated itself. Maybe the dev found the degradation/BDSM stuff tricky to write, if their own kinks don't veer in that particular direction.

I like that the dev kept the evil Victoria/Gloria ending in as a possibility, even if I have no interest in playing it myself: It's good to have games where choices matter.

Despite a few missteps, this is still a very good game within its genre: The visuals and world-building are strong, the writing is fairly competent, and it's been reliably developed to completion. That's enough to put it near the top tier.

I still don't get the fascination with a certain college-based game not to be named here, but that's not a discussion for this thread.

lexlexx

Mar 10, 2018
Eh, I don't think Chandra ever came across in-game as anything more than a side girl: She served her purpose by linking the MC up with other characters and offering some early lewd stuff, before it would be narratively appropriate for some of the more major romantic interests.
she and abby had love and lust stats, so that to me implies that, they where not side hoes. very disingenuous of Philly to do that if its not the case, also i hear that Katie doesn't even have an ending dispite being a main LI (I could be wrong on this one tho)

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah, i'm reading a lot of criticism stating the time he took and delivered just 4 endings with 4 individual LIs and 2 other endings was underwhelming and feels rushed. I haven't tried it myself yet so i'm going to make up my mind about it after i play it.
I mean, I don't exactly know the timetables here, but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Granted, there is no deep story involved there, but comparatively, CoBD players got shafted.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
she and abby had love and lust stats, so that to me implies that, they where not side hoes. very disingenuous of Philly to do that if its not the case, also i hear that Katie doesn't even have an ending dispite being a main LI (I could be wrong on this one tho)
Katie does have an ending.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Granted, there is no deep story involved there, but comparatively, CoBD players got shafted.
You know, I talked about how great Philly is and how he knows how to do endings, but from what I've read so far, I'm a bit disappointed. Not to mention upset that there's no good ending for Sonja. But...
it-is-what-it-is-rick-ross-vyk5k34iuqbt0dx4.gif

Reactions: Maviarab

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023

Yeah, i kinda feel the same way. No sonja ending? Man comeon what were you thinking? I feel he just got late and wanted to release sooner rather than later, so just rushed it? I dunno man, I'm sad

• Sad
Reactions: Filipis

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I join the list of disappointed people. If you consider that the developer needed a year "for that", that's more than poor. Basically, he ruined a game that was really good for 14 episodes with EP 15.

Well, that's not quite true. Actually, EP 15 was basically OK up to that point.

But what followed was a series of sex orgies that kept repeating. A look at the image and video folder confirms my feeling. Statisticians among you can certainly give a percentage, but it is guaranteed to be over 50 percent.

As a result, the ending with the respective LI had to suffer. I had three routes; Kathi, Gloria and Victoria, and what I found was that if you leave out the naughties, it was always the same ending. For me it was just UNIMAGINATIVE.

Grim October

Oct 11, 2019
header_586x192.jpg
And whose fault is that? Putting Chandra on the Steam banner AND on the list of contacts in-game comes with certain expectations. And these expectations will not be met because the dev chose not to develop her beyond plot device/side girl.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
cool, good to know, did say i could be wrong. Also nice to know you ignore my bit about Chandra and Abby having lust and love points which implies that they where not side hoes.
Didn't purposefully ignore it, just didn't have anything meaningful to add. I appreciate your point and as I already said, I understand why some players are frustrated; I have no dog in that particular fight.

4.70 star(s) 409 Votes