Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not the biggest Chandra fan but man, that was cold-blooded!
Ava just gave the jitters to all Chandra worshippers, and we know for a fact they're one of the biggest groups around here.
I'm hoping no character with a point system, public or hidden, will die this time (Henry has a point system though...). Just as much as I hope DPC will not burn anyone alive just to make the player choose a LI. That became stale the second after it happened.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I don't think Philly will kill off a character just for the shock value or to put a meaningless twist in the story. Unless of course he's M Night Shyamalan. Also Chandra as of yet hasn't become an integral part of the story. Till now she's just a girl you fuck sometimes, and although it would make you sad if she died, it won't have nearly the same impact on the story as any of three main girls (till now) dying. Ellen I doubt will die because she already suffered a near death experience. The biggest shock inducing thing that could happen would be either Katie or Victoria dying.

But still if someone does indeed die in the next chapter, it probably will be Sonja or Henry. Henry dying would probably make Jean Grey 2.0 go apeshit. So either the story could be headed that way where mc's gotta put her down.

Or if Sonja dies, who MC does indeed care for a lot, now MC has some actual stakes in the war rather than just guilt and willingness to do charity.

My bet is on the latter. But I hope I am wrong because let's be honest we all want to fuck Sonja.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
My bet is on the latter. But I hope I am wrong because let's be honest we all want to fuck Sonja.
Well, not really. I mean, usually, I am for "fuck every girl" approach, but her footballer legs are big turn off for me. I don't want to start some fights, as character she was well written, but when it comes to visual aesthetics she is less appealing. Also, I know many won't like this, but Elen is also among less attractive girls (at least from my perspective). Sure, her body is nice, and curvy in right places, but her tatoos, haircut and guard are simply pushing wrong buttons for me. Of course, there are many guys who like this two, and it's fine.
From my perspective, death of Sonja is painless... But I understand for others it would cause discomfort. But we will see what 1.1 will bring to us.

Reactions: chicho1958

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Threaten her daughter, that won't work because nether Chandra nor Meredith would back down to threats then BAM headhsot bitches, only not Dragon cos this is many years after DA and she'd be dead unless Philly brings her back as a cyborg ninja.
What if Redmoon IS the reincarnated Dragon?

Tester27

May 28, 2018
Okay.. I'm having trouble getting the newest Victoria scenes. I'm following the walkthrough exactly but only getting the option to "confront her" no matter how many times I try again. I had sex with Victoria in Ch.4 (tried both sneak and knock routes) and neither of them seem to trigger the requirements.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Okay.. I'm having trouble getting the newest Victoria scenes. I'm following the walkthrough exactly but only getting the option to "confront her" no matter how many times I try again. I had sex with Victoria in Ch.4 (tried both sneak and knock routes) and neither of them seem to trigger the requirements.
Well, let's say walkthrough is confusing a bit. Now, in order to get either of those two scenes, Victoria should be able to enter into your apartment. In order to enter, she needs loophole in your security system... In short, don't disable the bug.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't think Philly will kill off a character just for the shock value or to put a meaningless twist in the story. Unless of course he's M Night Shyamalan. Also Chandra as of yet hasn't become an integral part of the story. Till now she's just a girl you fuck sometimes, and although it would make you sad if she died, it won't have nearly the same impact on the story as any of three main girls (till now) dying. Ellen I doubt will die because she already suffered a near death experience. The biggest shock inducing thing that could happen would be either Katie or Victoria dying.

But still if someone does indeed die in the next chapter, it probably will be Sonja or Henry. Henry dying would probably make Jean Grey 2.0 go apeshit. So either the story could be headed that way where mc's gotta put her down.

Or if Sonja dies, who MC does indeed care for a lot, now MC has some actual stakes in the war rather than just guilt and willingness to do charity.

Yeah, my money is on Katie dying. She seems like the type to sacrifice herself to save Gloria or the MC (or even a random). It would have quite a bit of impact on the MC and the player. But honestly I expect more than one death by the end of the game (Henry).

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
Has pure evil materialized in this thread?
Yes. People trying to kill off Chandra. Pure evil. Only one place for those types of people.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On what basis? Tbh it's a terrible theory apart from her being Merideth's daughter would be the only reason for some harm to come to her but apart from that, she's nowhere near any of the on-going action, right now out of all the cast I'd say she is the safest.
The voice of reason as usual. Discussions of character death in a work in progress often stem from the question of what would render the biggest shock to a fanbase, regardless of how much sense it makes narratively. Picking out a death simply because it will shock the most people is typically a pathway to bad writing, which I hope we avoid here.

gave the jitters to all Chandra worshippers
My disagreement to the theory definitely has nothing to do with Chandra worship. What's that? My signatures you say? Oh right. Just, uh, disregard those. Nothing to see here. Completely unbiased and non jittery arguments...

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not the biggest Chandra fan but man, that was cold-blooded!
Ava just gave the jitters to all Chandra worshippers, and we know for a fact they're one of the biggest groups around here.
I'm hoping no character with a point system, public or hidden, will die this time (Henry has a point system though...). Just as much as I hope DPC will not burn anyone alive just to make the player choose a LI. That became stale the second after it happened.
I just realized this message would not come across exactly as I wanted.

As I wrote some time ago, I believe there will be deaths. I think some important character will die at some point, and it doesn't necessarily have to be Henry; or not only.
However, unlike DA where you could do nothing to prevent... what happened, I do think that CoBD will be more choice-oriented. In other words, different leading characters could die on different paths depending on your choices and preferences.

Now, the hypothesis of Chandra being sacrificed for the sake of a greater good could make sense on a very specific path. The first possibility that comes to mind is that path on which you refuse to help her with tragic consequences, and she goes on to experiment with drugs. That could make sense there, her death would have some meaning, a cause and move the story forward.

What I actually hope is the game will not force us to witness the death of any female character with a point system if we are invested in such character and make the right choices to protect her. Every path should have its own different repercussions.

Last edited:

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Well, not really. I mean, usually, I am for "fuck every girl" approach, but her footballer legs are big turn off for me. I don't want to start some fights, as character she was well written, but when it comes to visual aesthetics she is less appealing. Also, I know many won't like this, but Elen is also among less attractive girls (at least from my perspective). Sure, her body is nice, and curvy in right places, but her tatoos, haircut and guard are simply pushing wrong buttons for me. Of course, there are many guys who like this two, and it's fine.
From my perspective, death of Sonja is painless... But I understand for others it would cause discomfort. But we will see what 1.1 will bring to us.
I'm with you why romance anyone when you can bang them all

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think Philly will kill off a character just for the shock value or to put a meaningless twist in the story. Unless of course he's M Night Shyamalan. Also Chandra as of yet hasn't become an integral part of the story. Till now she's just a girl you fuck sometimes,
She is in the same place as Stella was in Depraved Awakening.

She wasn't integral to the story nor was she a love interest. She was a woman who is close to someone who was tied to the main plot who had occasional sex with the MC.

She appeared enough to develop a fan base but was never given main girl status.

Then, one calm evening sat relaxing in a chair ....... BAM, headshot, bitches. The Dragon introduced Stella's brains to the wall.

Actually I think it was a neck shot, she didn't die instantly. We got a sweet moment where she meets her husband in the afterlife. I legit cried, no sarcasm there, it was a really good moment.

Yeah, my money is on Katie dying.
Katie is my number one girl and I started this with the intention of saying he shouldn't kill off one of the main 3, those being Ellen, Vic and Katie.

Then I thought about it.

I actually like the idea of main girls being in the firing line.

Not sure it would be a popular decision but fuck it, imagine the impact Katie dying would have on the MC. She's the one girl he's been soft on even if not pursuing romantically he's tried to protect her and they either get close as friends or start a relationship then she gets killed.

It would be COBD's version of releasing the fucking Kraken. MC would go full rage mode.

You get the shock of one of the main girls dying, not only one of the main girls but the legit sweetest girl in the game. On top of that you get the full murderous rampage of one of the top Ghosts.

It would either be the single worst thing to happen or absolutely fucking glorious.

I'm with you why romance anyone when you can bang them all
Mainly because with games like this the individual girls have endings while the man whores that fucked everyone end up with no one.

As long as you aren't expecting a good end with all the girls carry on banging around.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Katie is my number one girl and I started this with the intention of saying he shouldn't kill off one of the main 3, those being Ellen, Vic and Katie.

Then I thought about it.

Not sure it would be a popular decision but fuck it, imagine the impact Katie dying would have on the MC. She's the one girl he's been soft on even if not pursuing romantically he's tried to protect her and they either get close as friends or start a relationship then she gets killed.

It would be COBD's version of releasing the fucking Kraken. MC would go full rage mode.

You get the shock of one of the main girls dying, not only one of the main girls but the legit sweetest girl in the game. On top of that you get the full murderous rampage of one of the top Ghosts.

It would either be the single worst thing to happen or absolutely fucking glorious.
Yeah, I really think Katie is amazing. Such a well written character. And if/when she dies the bloodrage it will inspire in Jake/the players will be rather epic. But maybe Ellen dies now because we all believe she is "safe" after her previous near death experience. I don't think Victoria will die because she is a divisive character and it won't have the same impact.

Regardless my money is still on Katie, though I'd really rather she survived (of all the characters).

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
She is in the same place as Stella was in Depraved Awakening.

She wasn't integral to the story nor was she a love interest. She was a woman who is close to someone who was tied to the main plot who had occasional sex with the MC.

She appeared enough to develop a fan base but was never given main girl status.

Then, one calm evening sat relaxing in a chair ....... BAM, headshot, bitches. The Dragon introduced Stella's brains to the wall.

Actually I think it was a neck shot, she didn't die instantly. We got a sweet moment where she meets her husband in the afterlife. I legit cried, no sarcasm there, it was a really good moment.

Then I thought about it.

Mainly because with games like this the individual girls have endings while the man whores that fucked everyone end up with no one.

As long as you aren't expecting a good end with all the girls carry on banging around.
Actually I'm waiting for the girl to unleash her powers,time for some payback,not much to keep game going but really splatter someone to a wall to make game interesting more than it is.And haven't banged victoria or that robot one and none in those vr.Also want to see some answers regarding the Doc

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think Victoria will die because she is a divisive character and it won't have the same impact.
That I do agree with. I have Vic on my MC's shit list on both my Katie and Ellen run.

I haven't done a Vic run, will probably do that when it's complete. If she were to die it wouldn't bother me at all.

It's hard to think who would impact the players enough to make it worthwhile and all I can think of are Chandra and Katie. Ellen is hit or miss, I love her personally but I know some don't like the punk look.

Gloria is the opposite of Meredith. One is bad one is good, both opposed to each other but we're all expecting them to die at some point. Those are the obvious ones along with Henry and probably Sonja.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The voice of reason as usual. Discussions of character death in a work in progress often stem from the question of what would render the biggest shock to a fanbase, regardless of how much sense it makes narratively. Picking out a death simply because it will shock the most people is typically a pathway to bad writing, which I hope we avoid here.
Well if you are going to pluck ideas out of thin air you risk the chance of that backfiring on you. It's funny most of us are probably thinking Henry is most likely to be the one that bites that bullet for all we know he could be safe it's unlikely but you never know how Philly will play it out.
What I actually hope is the game will not force us to witness the death of any female character
Same here I hate games that kill of any female I was very conflicted with the Dragon in DA but as bad as she was and what she did I still couldn't kill her.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Different folks, different strokes - to me her legs are far sexier than any other girl's in this game (or most other games when we come to that), especially in those high heeled strap boots she was wearing when she accompanied MC to the Stairway to heaven. :love: Truth be told, I find them one of her main attributes but to be fair, I always did like fit sporty women, as long as they don't go all the way into the overly-muscled territory. If I'd have to change anything about her, I'd probably prefer her with slightly smaller breasts, but I'm rather certain not many share that opinion. :LOL:

As for Ellen, I like her figure and tattoos but, same as you, I am rather put off mainly by her attitude and also her hair to a (much) smaller extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinBladewing

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Threaten her daughter, that won't work because nether Chandra nor Meredith would back down to threats then BAM headhsot bitches, only not Dragon cos this is many years after DA and she'd be dead unless Philly brings her back as a cyborg ninja.
The Dragon has already been in COBD (she is seen as you walk into a bar/diner, can't remember exactly when) :)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Dev Update #55
Again a busy week, though I did have a ton of personal stuff I also had to take care of. Don't worry, just the usual things you have to do in life.
Still, managed to get a good amount done. Sitting at 332 renders, along with 28 animations with 9 more on on deck waiting to be rendered out. Another thing I have been doing is making a full blown walkthrough. Doing it has let me see some balance issues I never saw before. It is going to take a bit to complete because I want it to be really nice looking, so I have been doing it all in InDesign which I have never used before, so that has been interesting.
I will most likely be adding that on steam and set it up so that to the $5 tier and up have access. Hopefully I can have that done by end of month.
We also have the custom poll going. Once that is done I will do those up so expect them either Monday or Tuesday.
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

4.70 star(s) 418 Votes