Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I've just noticed that when I click on the last scene in the Scene Gallery (the one with Katie when the MC comes back after the big fight) what I get is not the sex scene but the alternative non-sexual scene that you see if you're not on Katie's route. Indeed, when the conversation with her ends the replay moves on to the next conversations with Ellen, etc., as if we were playing the actual game and not a replay scene.

Has this been reported to Philly before? Do you people get the same bug?
I can confirm the same thing happens for me (v1.0.8, no mods) when I try to replay ch8stairdoc.

The code for this scene checks if "ch6katiesex" in extraevents: to determine if you can access the lewd branch.

Unfortunately the extraevents list becomes empty as soon as you start the replay, so this check never succeeds.

The ch8stairdoc code should probably be testing if persistent.ch6katiesex:, which is available while in the replay.

No idea if it's been reported to Philly though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I've just noticed that when I click on the last scene in the Scene Gallery (the one with Katie when the MC comes back after the big fight) what I get is not the sex scene but the alternative non-sexual scene that you see if you're not on Katie's route. Indeed, when the conversation with her ends the replay moves on to the next conversations with Ellen, etc., as if we were playing the actual game and not a replay scene.

Has this been reported to Philly before? Do you people get the same bug?
Yeah the walkthrough mod fixes the problem. It happened to me a while back, right now that's the only solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aristos

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I guess you are referring Milfy City
No...DIK. Was told probably another 3 years at least. I'll be close to 50. Not waiting that long for a game to finish. Don't care about Milfy City finishing I'm happy with what it is and getting my Caroline fix when I need it, one of which was just today.

I have better story & emotional games to play than DIK anyway. It took me three new games to replace that one, and I'm so glad I did.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
To me, this is the best game on this entire site. The plot (especially for me being so devoted to Katie,) the music, the art, story-telling, everything. You can really see how the relationship with Katie and the MC blossom over time, especially in Chapter 3 after the Henry fight, and when they finally get together in Chapter 5. That scene in Chapter 8 after the huge battle, so much passion behind it and she actually says she loves him.

I can't wait to see when he finally tells her the same. I don't think through the whole game we've seen Katie cry yet, like really cry, and he's shown her his real vulnerable, scared side to her. I think it's just a matter of time when he says it and then she'll most likely be in tears. That alone will pull my heartstrings for a few days.

Just an overall phenomenal game.

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
To me, this is the best game on this entire site.
It is (y)

I would like to sound out the people in this thread about something that crossed my mind the other day.
There are 5 main LI in this game: Victoria, Ellen, Katie, Chandra and Gloria.
Except for Gloria, who hasn't had any sexual scene yet, each of the others has a characteristic song that plays during her intimate scenes with our MC.
Let me refresh your memory just in case:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, which one is your favourite?

My favourite one is Ellen's. I find myself humming it in my head every now and then.
I don't care for Katie's song that much. It helped set the mood in that very first scene with her, with the raindrops animation and stuff, but after that it seems a bit off as a song for all her sex scenes.

In any case, my favourite song from CoBD's soundtrack is still this one.
It's not my style AT ALL but I've listened to it dozens upon dozens of times.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
It is (y)

I would like to sound out the people in this thread about something that crossed my mind the other day.
Except for Gloria, who hasn't had any sexual scene yet, each of the others has a characteristic song that plays during her intimate scenes with our MC.

My favourite one is Ellen's. I find myself humming it in my head every now and then.
I don't care for Katie's song that much. It helped set the mood in that very first scene with her, with the raindrops animation and stuff, but after that it seems a bit off as a song for all her sex scenes.

Doves is certainly my favorite. Even downloaded the video, converted it to an MP3 and put it on my iPod along with a lot of other VN songs, a lot of which are by Kai Engel. To me Doves is a very emotional song, and it just always makes me think of Katie, but disregarding that, whenever I do hear it I get pretty emotional.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
It is (y)

That's my favourite too. Regarding sex scenes, not a big fan of any of them but I guess I would pick Chandra's

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Regardless of which is my preferred girl of the game... I am Alien, so, my favorite music of the game is for sure Lintu - Visitors. The second one is Lazernoid - Back in time.
Also, there is some musics non in the game, but that also would fit perfect in the game.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
It is (y)

Love Chandra's theme song the most by far - it just fits her perfectly - revs up the scenes even more and just matches her personality with excitement and energy, Philly does an excellent job at music selection for pretty much the whole game, but particularly the romance scenes. Shanlon's is really good, too. The music in those scenes really adds something.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
It is (y)

Victoria's and Ellen's are the most on target for the genre and are my favs.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
It is (y)

Music is a powerful repository and a source of emotion. Each of the songs takes me to a time and place with girl/woman it is theme of.

Since Chandra is my number one, " Sacrilegious" wins with me. I wouldn't normally be very interested in "Doves," but by taking me to Katie's, it's following as second.

Otherwise, I downloaded "Burning Star" and I listen to it regularly while running. The song has the perfect rhythm for pace training, running uphill, or when I start to be tired.

Jan 12, 2019
It is (y)

I like Doves but I fucks heavy with Violent Delights

• Haha

hellsgateee

Jan 3, 2019
It is (y)

I must also admit that music choice for this game is absolutely lit. A nice track is not always enough in visual novels. It should be harmonious with the scene it accompanies. Burning Star was an amazing way to set the mood for what is about to happen and gave me goosebumps while playing the game.

Other than that, I also find character specific songs a brilliant concept. Ramin Djawadi did it perfectly in Game of Thrones (I know it is not comparable with COBD due to multiple reasons). Although Game of Thrones turned out to be an absolute disappointment with its ending, I still listen to some tracks again and again there. Of course, I don't expect that level of quality here but I think Philly did an amazing job with the character specific music in COBD. Chandra's music captures her character so well for example and her scene is my favourite in terms of music-scene harmony although Ellen would be the character I would want to be together with in real life. Ellen's song is quite good as well but somehow it is not as harmonious with Ellen's character as Chandra's music is with hers. Still, it is a great song and I have been listening to these 3 over and over again since I played the game for the first time.

4.70 star(s) 411 Votes