BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
4 months of no updates... is there at least any news or better yet an ETA on a release? I'm getting the impression this is yet another Milfy City scenario where the dev(s) is making too much money per month and is now just milking it. This is why I usually only donate / buy the games after it's completed. I made an exception for one dev, but that's just because his game is so insanely long and yet is still releasing massive monthly updates and has no intentions of making an ending for it any time soon.
Derp post of the year.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Derp post of the year.
Gotta love the "this dev doesn't update often enough and this other dev over here puts out HUGE updates every month so that means every dev should be able to do that"... :rolleyes:

Every COBD update is polished, well written, and worth the wait. Never had a complaint with this game or with Philly's quality or frequency as the updates are always impressive.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Dev paused patreon for a month after last release to take a 1 month break at the end of the year.....release isn't far off give or take....never does hard ETAs until beta...at best....does regular dev updates at least every 2 weeks...if not weekly....picking the wrong dev to do this garbage and tired "derp derp milfy city derp derp milking" whining.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
4 months of no updates... is there at least any news or better yet an ETA on a release?

EDIT: nvm, I found the dev update #81 post. I still think he's milking it though. Either hire more help or expect complaints on slow releases, plain and simple.
Nice edit...but still wrong....dev schedule and pace has been fairly consistent....pretty much 4 long or 5 updates per year...14ish chapter game....been that way since the 0.1. Keep digging though..

Ill edit my own too.....typically has had just a hair faster pace than Badik and Pink...content ends up being a wash though as far as size probably.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
4 months of no updates... is there at least any news or better yet an ETA on a release?

EDIT: nvm, I found the dev update #81 post. I still think he's milking it though. Either hire more help or expect complaints on slow releases, plain and simple.
He has been delivering updates on his schedule without major issues since the start, your complaint makes no sense here. You should try icstor's thread or the likes if you wish to talk about milking.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
If it takes way too long to release an update all the while receiving more than enough money to hire some help... ya, it makes sense to complain a little. It's bad business to take too long to release content for an audience. If and when a dev can afford help, they should do it as it only serves to promote their game(s) more and increase income even more. Besides, I have a right to my opinion just like you do.

If it takes 5+ months to release each chapter and there's apparently 5 more chapters left to release after this one... then that's more than 2 years before this game is completed (on top of the 2 years it's already been so far)... that is of course if the dev stays consistent. Now if they hired more help... that time would be substantially decreased.
If a dev does this full time.....and ignore the full patreon bill because they get a cut.....and there are expenses for assets....hardware....music rights...et al....who exactly do you plan on hiring? He uses help for writing advice and proofing already.....beta monkeys (including yours truly)....bug hunt......how many employees do you wanna sneak in? Haha. The majority of these games do NOT have that type of income....and even Philly would be borderline.

Reactions: MrFriendly

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
No way, so much noise in all renders :unsure:, but why :LOL:
The images has noises because probably it was render in low resolution or maybe because the graphic card of the developer mustn't have Iray Nvidia or the new technologies of shadows and shaders.

roam;)

Jul 29, 2020
I was gone for a while can anyone let me if there's a Android version for 1.08.1?? (plss say yes)

4.70 star(s) 410 Votes