moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I had a very busy week last week. Combine that with BaDIK dropping over the weekend and it took me a while to finish Chapter 9 and organize my thoughts on it. So before I catch up on all the posts I've skipped, here are my thoughts.

I'm sorry to say I didn't like this chapter very much. The animations remain gorgeous, of course, but the rest couldn't hold up its end of the bargain. To try to explain why, I'll break it down into sections. Fair warning: I tend to to be wordy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So there was have it. Again, sorry for being negative about a game I really love, but I was expecting a lot more from this installment. :(
I fully endorse this chapter review. All things considered, it was a very meh chapter and replaying the whole game from the start makes you feel like the story is being dragged out without any clear reason or goal, with general plot and chapters' events being weaker and weaker after each release. It's still a good game and visuals seems to have taken precedence but it's clearly downspiraling storywise, here's hoping it can improve in next installments

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi all, I have a minor issue: while I did get all the scenes during my gameplays, the last scene of the gallery (the one with the girl in the pit) is still greyed out, any idea why? It appears there with only one pink check mark, is it supposed to be longer and maybe I missed parts of it?
did you go to pit with ellen? also with wt-mod you can unlock it even if you went there with wrong girl.

I installed the update only version and dragged the files into the "game" folder yet it's not working. I also put in the updated version of scrappys mod and while the scenes for the new update are in the gallery I can't actually play it. It also says 1.08 in the bottom right hand corner so I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Anyone got any ideas?
i'd say updating didn't work and you need to dl full version.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
cxx I might have explained it poorly.

To cover all the possible scenes, I have three parallel gameplays. During the one with Ellen at the pit (which is also the one in which I enacted Victoria's plan instead of sleeping with Katie) I unlocked the scene with the dancer in pink just fine.

My only problem is that the scene isn't replayable in the gallery for some reason (greyed out icon, unclickable), so I was wondering if other people had the same problem, or if I unlocked it only partially (maybe I need to meet more conditions to have an extended scene or something?).

Edit: oh and I play the unmodded game, btw :)

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
I always get this kind of error while playing starting episode 8 at the end choice who goes to the pit. Any way to fix it? I happens whenever Abby is involved. Thanks to that I can't get the Abby-Scene either.

Last edited:

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I had a very busy week last week. Combine that with BaDIK dropping over the weekend and it took me a while to finish Chapter 9 and organize my thoughts on it. So before I catch up on all the posts I've skipped, here are my thoughts.

I'm sorry to say I didn't like this chapter very much. The animations remain gorgeous, of course, but the rest couldn't hold up its end of the bargain. To try to explain why, I'll break it down into sections. Fair warning: I tend to to be wordy!

Reactions: ename144

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I always get this kind of error while playing starting episode 8 at the end choice who goes to the pit. Any way to fix it? I happens whenever Abby is involved. Thanks to that I can't get the Abby-Scene either.
Are you playing the full version 1.09 or did you just downloaded the update 1.09 and merged it into the old version? There are many bug fixed on the current full version 1.09.

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
This update include 4 or 5 sex scenes ? What is the last scene in the gallery with the big : " ? " ?

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Are you playing the full version 1.09 or did you just downloaded the update 1.09 and merged it into the old version? There are many bug fixed on the current full version 1.09.
I always play with full version. I also tried downloading all files again and started the game new, everything works until Episode 7 where you meet Abby and Chandra in the Cafe. And it is not the mod either tried with and without. Too bad, no Episode 9 for now :( But thanks to the mod I can at least watch the scenes ;D

Last edited:

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I always play with full version. I also tried downloading all files again and started the game new, everything works until Episode 7 where you meet Abby and Chandra in the Cafe. And it is not the mod either tried with and without. Too bad, no Episode 9 for now :( But thanks to the mod I can at least watch the scenes ;D
Please, post the traceback.txt or the error.txt of your problem here, so that we can see what is going on and try to help you.

JohnPaxson

Feb 23, 2018
I downloaded the full compressed version and got this error:
when I click on ignore it says in the next scene: Exception: Sayer 'j' is not defined.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapter8/ch8miltown.rpy", line 141, in script
p "You threw it all into your work, Sonja. That was all that fucking mattered..."
Exception: Sayer 'p' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
p "You threw it all into your work, Sonja. That was all that fucking mattered..."
File "C:\Users\akrem\Downloads\Spiele\BrokenDreamers-1.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 664, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "C:\Users\akrem\Downloads\Spiele\BrokenDreamers-1.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 564, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The City of Broken Dreamers 1.09
Tue Apr 27 23:17:01 2021

JohnPaxson

Feb 23, 2018
i even got an error just by clicking on gallery:

While loading <'Image' u'images/0007_15.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/0007_15.jpg'.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I downloaded the full compressed version and got this error:
when I click on ignore it says in the next scene: Exception: Sayer 'j' is not defined.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\akrem\Downloads\Spiele\BrokenDreamers-1.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 664, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "C:\Users\akrem\Downloads\Spiele\BrokenDreamers-1.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 564, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The City of Broken Dreamers 1.09
Tue Apr 27 23:17:01 2021
That error is a strange one. The traceback is saying that "p(player)" and "J(Sonja)" is not defined, but both "p" and "j" are there in front the strings.
i even got an error just by clicking on gallery:

While loading <'Image' u'images/0007_15.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/0007_15.jpg'.
The error is saying that the 'images/0007_15.jpg' is missing. You should check inside "BrokenDreamers\game\images", that is where this image is supposed to be.

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.70 star(s) 418 Votes