Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Oh, I stopped reading right after the preceding sentence, my bad.

So why stop the comics?
Because personally I prefer shorter times between updates. 5 months is frustrating, and it feels like the story hasn't progressed that much in the last 2 updates (=the past year). We don't need an additional week or however long it takes to make some comic.
But then again it's up to a majority of patrons to determine if they're OK with that.

whyyousnow

Apr 16, 2020
Does anyone know anything for Chandra? Feel like she got sidelined a few updates ago. I understand she doesn't seem to be a lot of peoples favorite but is she going to make a come back? Just wondering if anything has officially been said for her?

Reactions: Razrback16

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Does anyone know anything for Chandra? Feel like she got sidelined a few updates ago. I understand she doesn't seem to be a lot of peoples favorite but is she going to make a come back? Just wondering if anything has officially been said for her?
Agreed, hoping for a lot more Chandra content - she is easily my #1.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Agreed, hoping for a lot more Chandra content - she is easily my #1.
It seems right now, Chandra is just a side character. I always turned her advances down and just helped her with Abby, so I don't know what will happen with her in the long-run. She deserves more screen-time, just have to get her in the right part of the story that's all. Lord knows what would happen whenever Chandra and Ellen ever did meet.

I don't know how her past relationship with the MC would affect any of the LI routes the MC is on (like mine with Katie) but I don't think she's going to fade out completely. There's still five more chapters left in this game. I'm sure she'll be around a bit more.

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Being Meredith's daughter, her relevance to the plot is front and center. I think if you stayed on her path, it's possible she is an option to help bring her down and then ride off with into the sunset. Victoria could play a similar role on the love path.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Being Meredith's daughter, her relevance to the plot is front and center. I think if you stayed on her path, it's possible she is an option to help bring her down and then ride off with into the sunset. Victoria could play a similar role on the love path.
Ya, she was a bit sidelined in the last episode, just that brief call that was available - I believe she had a scene that was going to be in this last episode but it got cut / moved into the next episode. Hoping she comes more to the forefront. She's definitely a LI, with full stats and the like as with the other core LIs, so I'm hopeful there will be an ending option. Abby has commentary about how Chandra really likes the MC.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It seems right now, Chandra is just a side character. I always turned her advances down and just helped her with Abby, so I don't know what will happen with her in the long-run. She deserves more screen-time, just have to get her in the right part of the story that's all. Lord knows what would happen whenever Chandra and Ellen ever did meet.

I don't know how her past relationship with the MC would affect any of the LI routes the MC is on (like mine with Katie) but I don't think she's going to fade out completely. There's still five more chapters left in this game. I'm sure she'll be around a bit more.
Actually, Chandra is so popular that she was upgraded from a side character to a full blown LI with score tracking in the Info panel back around Chapter 3.

As far as sidelining her in the latest chapter, that's just how the story rolls. Not every main character has a starring role in every chapter.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Actually, Chandra is so popular that she was upgraded from a side character to a full blown LI with score tracking in the Info panel back around Chapter 3.

As far as sidelining her in the latest chapter, that's just how the story rolls. Not every main character has a starring role in every chapter.
Exactly.

I remember a little ways back people saying they were surprised when they found out her score was being tracked. As of right now, Sonja's isn't, but hers doesn't need to be because of her past. Abby's isn't kept either, which I expect will happen soon enough.

The chapters can only be so big and so long for certain people. We had a lot of Ellen, Vic and Katie in the first 6 or 7 before it shifted almost entirely to Gloria. Katie had a few scenes in episode 8 (including a great passionate scene with the MC, short or not, it was still good, and I know that feeling they shared. I've had it with both my ex-wives at one point) but was hardly in Chapter 9.

Chandy is around, just not around as much but with five chapters down the pike yet to come, like I said earlier, she'll be back. And like it was mentioned, being Meredith's daughter puts her front and center in a way by proxy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Exactly.

I remember a little ways back people saying they were surprised when they found out her score was being tracked. As of right now, Sonja's isn't, but hers doesn't need to be because of her past. Abby's isn't kept either, which I expect will happen soon enough.

The chapters can only be so big and so long for certain people. We had a lot of Ellen, Vic and Katie in the first 6 or 7 before it shifted almost entirely to Gloria. Katie had a few scenes in episode 8 (including a great passionate scene with the MC, short or not, it was still good, and I know that feeling they shared. I've had it with both my ex-wives at one point) but was hardly in Chapter 9.

Chandy is around, just not around as much but with five chapters down the pike yet to come, like I said earlier, she'll be back. And like it was mentioned, being Meredith's daughter puts her front and center in a way by proxy.
When using the mod it show both numbers for Abby as well, don't know if that is something added by the mod though or if she just hasn't been added to the official screen but her numbers do seem to be tracked.

Reactions: Aristos

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
When using the mod it show both numbers for Abby as well, don't know if that is something added by the mod though or if she just hasn't been added to the official screen but her numbers do seem to be tracked.
I know it was added to the walkthrough mod, but I'm talking officially really. Once I see it actually IN the game, then I guess I'm more convinced.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I know it was added to the walkthrough mod, but I'm talking officially really. Once I see it actually IN the game, then I guess I'm more convinced.
I agree, i just wonder if it was added by the modder or if he just decided to show them as well. seems like a lot of work to add a character just for the fun of it.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Exactly.

[...]
The game is secretly tracking the scores of almost every female character who has got involved in any way with the MC.
That includes Sonja, Abby or Sasha.

The game has tracked Chandra's score since day 1. The thing is that for months she wasn't an official LI as her score wasn't displayed in the "contacts" menu together with those of Ellen, Katie, Victoria and Gloria. So lots of fans were sad that they couldn't even dream of an ending with her.

But, as you can see here,
https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-09-ch-9-phillygames.25739/post-3984831
coinciding with the the Steam release last year Philly changed much of the game's menus and dynamics and officially acknowledged Chandra as a LI at the same level as the others. If you get on her good side by helping her to save Abby, she will be shown in the contacts tab. If you don't, Chandra will not appear there.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
The game is secretly tracking the scores of almost every female character who has got involved in any way with the MC.

The game has tracked Chandra's score since day 1. The thing is that for months she wasn't an official LI as her score wasn't displayed in the "contacts" menu together with those of Ellen, Katie, Victoria and Gloria. So lots of fans were sad that they couldn't even dream of an ending with her.

https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-09-ch-9-phillygames.25739/post-3984831
coinciding with the the Steam release last year Philly changed much of the game's menus and dynamics and officially acknowledged Chandra as a LI at the same level as the others. If you get on her good side by helping her to save Abby, she will be shown in the contacts tab. If you don't, Chandra will not appear there.
Thank you, that cleared that up :)

Reactions: Aristos

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

I can't actually imagine how all the LI stuff will play out in a game like this. Normal games (BaD, AL, Intertwined, etc) all have current day settings where you can picture marriage, kids, etc.

What the hell would it be like here and how will it be shown? Epilogues and time-jumps? Maybe DURING the final chapter or so with the girl you've picked or committed to. (In my case, Katie) I mean, will he have to do scenes and renders for whatever girl you decided you wanted to be with (I would think all of them are going to survive until the end but who knows. Stella died in DA though not officially an LI)

Does Katie go back to her clinic with the MC by her side? Marriage? Kids? Does him and Ellen go off somewhere? I'm so curious as to how the actual love interest thing is going to pan out. At the end of DA there was a few scenes with my LI Carli that I liked.

I do hope the payoff with the LIs at the end isn't some cheesy Epilogue with each girl. Yes, this is what I think about with games like this and characters I really care about.

And fuck me sideways I didn't expect to post something this long for this response. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
No doubt, a game in this setting just has so much chaos going on, it'll be interesting to see what the end-game scenarios are like for each character.

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes