Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The more people throw shit on Victoria, the more I like her character and the more fascinating I find her :BootyTime:

If people stopped for a second to think about the things the MC may have done in his past (and I'm not only talking about Caracas and shit, I'm referring to his life as a ghost) they would not treat Victoria as an irredeemable monster.

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
Holy fucking shit, @Nevrius, that's some good ass theories you got there, bruh. You hack into Philly's PC and read the script or what ?? Most of your theories seem like possible outcomes.(y)
Nope, I simply have far too much time on my hand and fill it with movies, TV series, games etc. :ROFLMAO: I've become pretty good at predicting stuff like that.
Joking aside, I'd honestly be surprised if my post is fully accurate. Especially in regards to our favorite cyborg. Like I said, the Red Moon is one hell of a wild card, especially now that Henry is dead/gone. So maybe he'll go against Baynard (since they're the ones who created the augments in the first place), or he simply vanishes, or he keeps working for them, which would lead to the stuff I predicted last time around for him... Man, that guy is hard to predict!

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
So I haven't played this game for a good while because I've been checking out other ones and naturally I'm doing my Katie run and I'm up to this part....

…where a familiar face shows herself...

screenshot0395.png

Now I know this is CoBD's thread, and since she IS in this game, I'm going to mention her. I don't know how many of ya'll here have played Depraved Awakening, but every time I see Carli I get chills and butterflies in my stomach, like meeting a lost love for the first time in years.

Only a few VN girls have done that to me (Katie, Carli, & Caroline) and it's weird, I know. But I think it shows also that a good character, writing, and in Carli's case, a beautiful character model can go a long way to connecting to a player. Yes, CoBD is in many ways eons away from what DA was, and that's understandable, but Jesus H. Christ.

I wonder what the conversation would be like between Katie & Carli.....:unsure:

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
So I haven't played this game for a good while because I've been checking out other ones and naturally I'm doing my Katie run and I'm up to this part....

…where a familiar face shows herself...

View attachment 1237182

Now I know this is CoBD's thread, and since she IS in this game, I'm going to mention her. I don't know how many of ya'll here have played Depraved Awakening, but every time I see Carli I get chills and butterflies in my stomach, like meeting a lost love for the first time in years.

Only a few VN girls have done that to me (Katie, Carli, & Caroline) and it's weird, I know. But I think it shows also that a good character, writing, and in Carli's case, a beautiful character model can go a long way to connecting to a player. Yes, CoBD is in many ways eons away from what DA was, and that's understandable, but Jesus H. Christ.

hmmmmmmmm

Also, on the discussion earlier....what's to say "Henry points" don't end up having an impact on Gloria...just sayin.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Whats to say a Henry score in a renpy game doesn't impact events with Gloria later....even after his "death"?
That could prove to be interesting. Luckily I got every +1 from the guy that was available, tried to knock him out instead of killing him, things like that, so yeah I can see that being an interesting formula

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Hmm, wonder what Katie's voice would sound like. Maybe something gravelly, like Abby on NCIS or maybe like Mila Kunis or something? Possibly something deeper? Scarlett Johannson? Yes, I'm a bit bored and just had a nice Japanese meal, so I'm thinking about piddly shit :LOL:

I always wondered if this was like an NLT game or something what her voice would be like. Aw well

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Let me be a mean bitch for a while :HideThePain: :

Katie: What?! How can an intelligent woman with your attitude be a prostitute? You are even worse than that TV-escapade Shanlon Russell
Carli: You are jealous, you a four-eyed miserable mousy just can't attract men like I do and doomed to serve your medical devices for the rest of your life.

Don't stone me, I just watched too many female conflicts in real life.

Trivial fact on Katie vs Victoria:
Jake Murphey voluntarily licked Victoria's kitty twice, but Katie's kitty was licked just once and only after she sat on his face.
Considering that among all the women Katie cares for Jake the most and her beauty is natural compared to Victoria's, can it really be Jake's first confirmed misconduct :unsure:.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Hmm, wonder what Katie's voice would sound like. Maybe something gravelly, like Abby on NCIS or maybe like Mila Kunis or something? Possibly something deeper? Scarlett Johannson? Yes, I'm a bit bored and just had a nice Japanese meal, so I'm thinking about piddly shit :LOL:

I always wondered if this was like an NLT game or something what her voice would be like. Aw well
Katie is a normal and cool woman, so, I imagine her voice with tonality educated and calm. In my opinion, her voice would be something like Alli Hillis's voice. Here is the example:

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't see it as hypocrisy. The Red Moon was fine, not happy or comfortable, but fine hiding away with some children that he was protecting. He had no interest in being a mercenary until Meredith showed up and told him an augment was still around AND, probably, also made some promises of money and supplies for the kids. Though the government gave the orders the augments were the ones who carried them out and it is much easier to carry out a vendetta against individuals instead of an entire government.

Victoria didn't start to doubt her life or the company until Jake showed up and started to make her doubt. So she was a happy little fuck-toy/cracker jack prize/negotiator until Jake treats her like she isn't a piece of meat. Which means that Victoria never questioned Baynard or her role within it until Jake resisted her augments. Was she super awesome power twins "happy" about her situation? No but just like the Red Moon she was fine with the status quo. The difference is that the Red Moon wasn't bothering anyone, wasn't working for a twisted corporation that wants to dissect Gloria and use her to create new augments. Victoria was working for such a company, she sold her soul to it in order to ensure that her parents were taken care of in some manner. How many other terrible things has Victoria done, participated in, or caused to happen while working for the company?

The Red Moon defended his country, lost, and has been hidden away trying to help refugees/survivors. The damage he did was confined to one war and then to one man. It is possible that Victoria has done much more damage to quite a few people and still might because she is actively working for Meredith. Turning down one assignment doesn't suddenly make her an ally or a rebel. Just means that Meredith is going to "punish" her and bring her back in line.
I take your point, but it seems a little unfair to compare the behavior of the Red Moon after Japan has been annihilated to the behavior of Victoria when Baynard is still very much intact (and in control of her day-to-day life). The Red Moon has the luxury of answering to no one, even if he paid a very high price for it.

I also disagree that Victoria didn't doubt her life of the company until the MC got involved. I get the strong sense that she disliked both; just look at the pass code she uses when she squirrels away some of her money.
Victoria_important_thing_1.jpg Victoria_important_thing_2.jpg
Victoria didn't take action against Baynard, but that's not the same thing as genuine devotion to her corporate masters. Victoria plays the game because that's what she's good at and defying a megacorp is - realistically - pointless. Was the MC any different when he was Victoria's age? Probably not. It took Caracas to wake him up, and now he's trying to do the same for Victoria.
MC_Victoria_get_out.jpg

I'm not saying you need to be sympathetic to Victoria (especially when we don't know much about why she was augmented in the first place). I just think there's more room for nuance than you suggest.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I take your point, but it seems a little unfair to compare the behavior of the Red Moon after Japan has been annihilated to the behavior of Victoria when Baynard is still very much intact (and in control of her day-to-day life). The Red Moon has the luxury of answering to no one, even if he paid a very high price for it.

I also disagree that Victoria didn't doubt her life of the company until the MC got involved. I get the strong sense that she disliked both; just look at the pass code she uses when she squirrels away some of her money.
View attachment 1238073 View attachment 1238074
Victoria didn't take action against Baynard, but that's not the same thing as genuine devotion to her corporate masters. Victoria plays the game because that's what she's good at and defying a megacorp is - realistically - pointless. Was the MC any different when he was Victoria's age? Probably not. It took Caracas to wake him up, and now he's trying to do the same for Victoria.
View attachment 1238075

I'm not saying you need to be sympathetic to Victoria (especially when we don't know much about why she was augmented in the first place). I just think there's more room for nuance than you suggest.
Eh, people pay lip service to being a "rebel" a lot in life but then never actually rebel; instead they squirrel away their money, grow old, and retire without ever really doing anything remotely rebellious. She may do little things like her cute passphrase or helping out Jake a wee bit but she knows how it will all end and she's not going to let herself go down in flames with him. Not if she is as smart as she is supposed to be.

At the end of it all Victoria is going to still work for Baynard or perhaps one of the other corporations because that is what she knows and is good at - playing the game. That is what she was made to do. She will never be a selfless person like Kate, using her medical degree to help the poor, or Ellen, sacrificing her career by advocating for the rights of the poor "milchers". Sure Victoria is attractive, but she is designed to be, there is nothing about her beauty that is natural.

We don't know how disillusioned Jake was before Caracas, we just know that Caracas was the point where he couldn't keep pretending.

I'm not saying that Victoria is a terrible character, I just think that so many people look at how attractive she is and stop thinking with their larger heads. End of the day I'd want Jake to end up with someone who has been by his side from the beginning.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Eh, people pay lip service to being a "rebel" a lot in life but then never actually rebel; instead they squirrel away their money, grow old, and retire without ever really doing anything remotely rebellious. She may do little things like her cute passphrase or helping out Jake a wee bit but she knows how it will all end and she's not going to let herself go down in flames with him. Not if she is as smart as she is supposed to be.

At the end of it all Victoria is going to still work for Baynard or perhaps one of the other corporations because that is what she knows and is good at - playing the game. That is what she was made to do. She will never be a selfless person like Kate, using her medical degree to help the poor, or Ellen, sacrificing her career by advocating for the rights of the poor "milchers". Sure Victoria is attractive, but she is designed to be, there is nothing about her beauty that is natural.

We don't know how disillusioned Jake was before Caracas, we just know that Caracas was the point where he couldn't keep pretending.

I'm not saying that Victoria is a terrible character, I just think that so many people look at how attractive she is and stop thinking with their larger heads. End of the day I'd want Jake to end up with someone who has been by his side from the beginning.
On the contrary, I think people are too quick to dismiss anyone who tries to live their life in a miserable situation as some sort of collaborator. Sure, you can say Victoria is unwilling to lose her comfy lifestyle by defying Meredith, but it's just as likely she'd fear for her life: she knows enough she might be seen as a loose end should she go rogue. What exactly would she have to do to "justify" her connection with Baynard to you?

After all, Katie and Ellen have worked for Baynard themselves - Ellen only stopped when the MC broke the Gloria contract. I agree that what we know about Katie suggests she was more willing to bend the rules when she was working with Baynard than Victoria had been. But a) Katie is a high bar to use as a standard, and b) Victoria has (potentially) begun to defy the rules herself lately, despite having a lot more to lose than Katie ever did (AFAICT). I don't think it's unfair to want to see more of how Victoria got to be Meredith's righthand woman before I decide whether she can truly be a good person.

As for Victoria's attractiveness, I'd say she has a very pretty face but an... overbuilt body. Katie, Chandra and Sonja easily have her beat in the looks department, IMHO.

I find Victoria interesting precisely because it's difficult to be sure exactly where you stand with her.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Guys what do you think, would an adoption of animated kissing and hugging scenes help enrich the game cinematic and erotic value, help make the game better?

To implement this Philly needs to reveal Jake's face, not for the sake of his face revelation of course, but only with a purpose to enable animated kissing and hugging. In addition, it gives more freedom in choosing a camera angle for renders. For instance, close eye contact renders would be possible.

See an example of a close eye contact render below, this is the BaDIK Episode 6 Isabella scene:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Guys what do you think, would an adoption of animated kissing and hugging scenes help enrich the game cinematic and erotic value, help make the game better?

To implement this Philly needs to reveal Jake's face, not for the sake of his face revelation of course, but only with a purpose to enable animated kissing and hugging. In addition, it gives more freedom in choosing a camera angle for renders. For instance, close eye contact renders would be possible.

See an example of a close eye contact render below, this is the BaDIK Episode 6 Isabella scene:
I personally take screenshots of Katie scenes, normally when she's in first person. I mean I do have scenes (like when Katie gets puked on, and they kiss in the shower or locker room or whatever it was) where you see his partial face. So I'm selfish and would rather have things stay as they are. I did the same with DA, and most of the games I play.

It would, to me, sort of ruin, what *I* personally do. Don't really want some dude's face in my Katie screenshot. I have 10, 495 screenies of girls and scenes from my games (the ones in the sig list, MINUS NLT's games). The ONLY one that really has the most "male face" presence is Intertwined, because a lot of Lexi's scenes are angled in a way you see the MC's face.

Most of my other games I try to avoid it, but I'm probably going to be in the minority here because of what I do. I have those mentioned screenies for my VN Girls Screensaver. Try to include as few "male face" inclusion scenes as possible. Some games, like Avalon, I can't avoid it.

So, that's my opinion.

I'd rather have the 1st person immersion we have now or the partial face reveal thing during kissing/hugging. But like I said, I want it for selfish reasons. Showing his face would break that 1st person immersion I like so much. Especially with this game.

Last edited:

Vicana

Apr 3, 2021
I hope you guys enjoy this. Two months of work, and every penny I earned from DA, if you guys don't like it, I'll go get drunk or something.
I only started this recently; If the sex scenes weren't there it's still a good game. I have found the story itself captivating enough. It helps that I enjoy dystopian / cyberpunk genres.

Thank you.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020

Ya, I am personally a big fan of kissing as part of sex scenes - the screenshot like you posted above is good and conveys the emotion of the scene and interaction between the characters. Being A DIK has some good examples of this - even in the most recent episode of it where MC is with Lily they have some kissing happening which is really good.

4KIN0RII

Nov 1, 2020
I was looking at it here and it looks like an animation doesn't play in the game, it's renamed like this: " x-ch9driveseq2 ", someone managed to get it to play in the game, because I couldn't

• Thinking Face
Reactions: beef-devourer
4.70 star(s) 417 Votes