mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
I'm not involved with either Victoria or Ellen in this game as I am all about Katie (that's why she's my avatar) but I did watch the Ellen scene where he kisses her and I do think as we get closer to the end of this game those on the Ellen route are most likely going to see her crush really evolve into love. He's doing so much for Gloria I'm sure it's impressing her (and probably Katie as well).

He'll go to the ends of the Earth to protect and help who he has to. God knows what Gloria's route will entail or how that will go, but it would be odd wouldn't it? She's more like a sister really (especially to Ellen) and she looks up to Katie (I think.) It would just seem weird to have her as an LI at this point. Just my opinion of course.
I agree with you on Gloria,I'll play her path just to see it on another save,but my main is focused on chandra and ellen, so I wouldn't pursue Ellen's ''sister''.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Truth be told i find Gloria to be more trouble than she is worth it after her latest dumb idea. Only reason i am still trying to help her is because of Ellen and Henry's sacrifice.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Truth be told i find Gloria to be more trouble than she is worth it after her latest dumb idea. Only reason i am still trying to help her is because of Ellen and Henry's sacrifice.
Yeah it's to the point I have to agree that I'm a little worn out chasing Gloria all over creation, either rescuing her or helping her. She's getting herself into trouble and the player has to bail her out every chance they get. I mean I'd never do the kidnap/capture/total douchebag route in this game (or any game really) but it is a repetitive in the fact that you basically have to keep a leash on her to keep her from doing anything stupid.

But now, you're actually going along with her and most likely getting in more trouble with her in trying to get the three things she needs to live a perfectly normal life.

And I still don't think Henry is dead. That nanofluid, if it survived Gloria's wrath in Chapter 8 could be a very big thing, but I have a feeling Baynard might've saved him and "reprogrammed" him. Don't know. Pure speculation.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah it's to the point I have to agree that I'm a little worn out chasing Gloria all over creation, either rescuing her or helping her. She's getting herself into trouble and the player has to bail her out every chance they get. I mean I'd never do the kidnap/capture/total douchebag route in this game (or any game really) but it is a repetitive in the fact that you basically have to keep a leash on her to keep her from doing anything stupid.

But now, you're actually going along with her and most likely getting in more trouble with her in trying to get the three things she needs to live a perfectly normal life.

And I still don't think Henry is dead. That nanofluid, if it survived Gloria's wrath in Chapter 8 could be a very big thing, but I have a feeling Baynard might've saved him and "reprogrammed" him. Don't know. Pure speculation.
This. She keep repeating the pattern of getting into trouble that Henry and Jake had to bail her out if it. But now it is only Jake because Henry had to stay behind because of her last dumb idea of running back home. I really hope we can at least call her out on this irresponsible behaviour.

I hope not about Henry. I fell this would cheapen his sacrifice.
And about the healing nanofluid i get the feeling it may be used on Gloria since she is still suffering from whatever degenerative health issue she has that is triggered after she makes big displays of her powers.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
She is a teenager (or close to it, for Patreon reasons) that believes she is invincible (which she sort of is) and doesn't think before she acts. She is also pretty emotional and naive, again being a teenage girl.

So the way she behaves isn't surprising. She is a teenage girl with superpowers. I think it'd be weird is she wasn't reckless. She just needs to realize, that unlike herself, other people can't blow up the room with their minds or whatever she does.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
This. She keep repeating the pattern of getting into trouble that Henry and Jake had to bail her out if it. But now it is only Jake because Henry had to stay behind because of her last dumb idea of running back home. I really hope we can at least call her out on this irresponsible behaviour.

And about the healing nanofluid i get the feeling it may be used on Gloria since she is still suffering from whatever degenerative health issue she has that is triggered after she makes big displays of her powers.
That's true too about using the fluid on her. I'm sure Katie would be able to administer it, I guess via injection or whatever. That'll probably be one of the last steps this game takes it's just a matter of when to actually use it into storyline. Katie is obviously worried about her with that and I think the bigger the explosion she causes the quicker she's "dying." The bigger it is, the worse she feels. I mean, just moving that cabinet made me tired and a little bit weak.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I really hope we can at least call her out on this irresponsible behaviour.
Try to understand her character, and be a little sympathetic toward her. Poor girl watched her mom getting killed by some monsters (she was just a kid at the time), her dad threw her out, basically disowning her after calling her a monster, her bf's head was crushed bcz of her telekinetic powers, or whatever her milcher powers are, when they tried to have sex, multi billion-dollar corporations like Baynard and Vostok want to experiment on her, the best Ghost (the MC) was sent to capture her or betray her (if u on Victoria's spellbound path) after ALL the other ghosts failed to bring her in, a damn Red Moon also wants to capture her, AND she saw Henry, her only father figure and real friend, die to protect her... that's a damn long list.

Most ppl would've gone full "Hulk smash !! Hulk destroy !!" if they were in her place, but she tries to be positive about it and hope for the best, even if, let's be honest, it doesn't look good for her. I know she's reckless and a little stupid, but she's a teenager, she should be out partying, fucking like there's no tomorrow, posting selfies on THOTgram and making an OnlyFans account like all the cool women do:whistle:, instead she runs from creeps and freaks and corporate assholes that trynna make her a weapon of mass destruction. This gotta be bad for a young girl's morale, right ??

Katie is obviously worried about her with that and I think the bigger the explosion she causes the quicker she's "dying."
You make a good point. That green fluid can either be used to help/revive Henry or heal Gloria, why else would be stated that it's so important ?? Those telekinetic powers must have some major drawbacks, which in her case could be fatal, judging by how worried Katie was.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Much as I love Henry, I have to agree. His death was the only significant thing to happen in the last three chapters. If it gets reversed for a cheap twist it will gut any sense of drama from that confrontation: the only person killed in the massive firefight was Tex... by accident. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, it seems ludicrously improbable Henry could survive. We've been explicitly told that the limiter was necessary to keep his body from tearing itself apart. Henry removed the limiter, succumbed to said tearing, then remained in the street for hours while the EMP blanked every bit of medical technology in the vicinity (if there was even anyone left to realize Henry was there). If he can survive that I'm pretty sure the guy's indestructible.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I must be in the minority that wants Henry to live. I figured he would after the introduction of the nanofluid and the game never showing his body. Could be wrong, of course, but I'll hold out hope Baynard has him and we'll hopefully be able to rescue him.

Reactions: handsoem

kuntzz

Mar 29, 2021
I so much enjoyed myself playing this game with a good storyline and in-depth characters :love: this game really stands out for me

Reactions: xXwankerXx

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I must be in the minority that wants Henry to live. I figured he would after the introduction of the nanofluid and the game never showing his body. Could be wrong, of course, but I'll hold out hope Baynard has him and we'll hopefully be able to rescue him.
We may want it because we liked the character, but as ename has said storywise it would be a very poor move, especially in a moment when I'm starting to feel the story is not really going anywhere (or, at least, hasn't advanced in a significative way in the last 2 chapters)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
We may want it because we liked the character, but as ename has said storywise it would be a very poor move, especially in a moment when I'm starting to feel the story is not really going anywhere (or, at least, hasn't advanced in a significative way in the last 2 chapters)
Let's look at it from a more interesting POV.

Henry was lying on the ground, dying. Baynard grabbed him while the MC was out, and no one got it on camera because they were all wiped out by the explosion. No one knows anything.
Baynard managed to revive him before his body completely died, then "repaired" him and reprogrammed him to serve their interests.

Towards the end of the game, Henry reappears as an enemy. Imagine the psychological impact it could have on Gloria.
Now the apparently useless stats that we accumulated with Henry before his dead, which seemed to change very little apart from some dialogues, come into play. If you scored enough Henry points and made certain key decisions along the game that now I can't predict, a little part of his brain may have escaped the reprogramming. He would remember he loves Gloria and that the MC is a friend, and Henry could act as an ally during a final confrontation or something, making the difference between a bad or a good ending.

This is just baseless a theory, but I wanted to put it forward to show that Henry's survival could easily be meaningful and not detract from the story.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

Henry was lying on the ground, dying. Baynard grabbed him while the MC was out, and no one got it on camera because they were all wiped out by the explosion. No one knows anything.
Baynard managed to revive him before his body completely died, then "repaired" him and reprogrammed him to serve their interests.

Towards the end of the game, Henry reappears as an enemy. Imagine the psychological impact it could have on Gloria.
Now the apparently useless stats that we accumulated with Henry before his dead, which seemed to change very little apart from some dialogues, come into play. If you scored enough Henry points and made certain key decisions along the game that now I can't predict, a little part of his brain may have escaped the reprogramming. He would remember he loves Gloria and that the MC is a friend, and Henry could act as an ally during a final confrontation or something, making the difference between a bad or a good ending.

This is just baseless a theory, but I wanted to put it forward to show that Henry's survival could easily be meaningful and not detract from the story.
I really like this idea and theory and I think with how Baynard is, it's certainly possible in some way

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I really can't see that as meaningful. On the contrary this feels like the kind of thing that happens on generic shounen mangas where no one dies (or stays dead) and the power of love/friendship solves all. This really would look out of place in a dystopic sci-fi story like City of Broken Dreamers.

Henry broke his already aging limiter before dying in Gloria's arms which made her lose her mind and destroy every piece of tech in a 1.6km radius with that EMP/shockwave. There was no one in condition to bring him to medical attention there, even if they wanted.

This feels like Stella (from Depraved Awakening) all over again with people not wanting to believe she died.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020

Sounds good to me. Would definitely like to see him make it.

Reactions: Aristos

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I wouldn't count on Sonja, that ship already sailed.
And she's about to return to port!

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure she'll be a romantic interest. Her and MC's relationship issues were based on Caracas, and this story is in part about overcoming that, and I'm pretty sure they both love one another still.

Reactions: MarinBladewing

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
And she's about to return to port!

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure she'll be a romantic interest. Her and MC's relationship issues were based on Caracas, and this story is in part about overcoming that, and I'm pretty sure they both love one another still.
Well, to me, that ship sank faster than the Titanic and it's now decorating the sea-floor, might as well be at the bottom of Mariana Trench as far as I'm concerned. I certainly have no necessity or urge or anything to have my MC leave Katie for Sonja, or anyone for that matter.

It does make me curious how many players here will go back to her. She does know, in the story, that the MC and the Doc are "tight" so she certainly has an idea and she herself said she basically doesn't give a shit.

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes