RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I am sorry to disagree with you, but, I think Philly has plans to place a "pardon" path for Sonja, since she have a hidden stats on the script and since some dialogs on the game are telling us this.
I would be careful with putting too much trust into stats. Stella also had tracking stats until that "surprise motherfucker" moment in Depraved Awakening.

But i don't remember any dialogue that implies a rekindle of the flame between Jake and Sonja. When this happens? :unsure:

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
As long as it's developed by Philly, I'll play any game he releases, don't matter what it's about. Dude loves his work, he knows what he's doing, never comes with cheap excuses like some other 'devs' and always amazes you with the quality of the updates, that's why he's one of, if not the best dev in the biz. IMO, any game dev by Philly should have a top-notch quality stamp on it so fans and potential new patrons know who the real hard-workers in this business are.
Yeah, CD Project Red also had a great reputation until recently. Then all those years of hard work to build their reliability went to crap in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, City of Broken Dreamers is an awesome VN that I also think is one of the best. There are other VNs on this site that are also great, but the same thing that happened to CD Project Red could happen to any game dev.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I repeat, my message was nothing but a hypothesis based on what I think could very well happen.

That being said, I couldn't disagree more with your message.

I really can't see that as meaningful. On the contrary this feels like the kind of thing that happens on generic shounen mangas where no one dies (or stays dead) and the power of love/friendship solves all. This really would look out of place in a dystopic sci-fi story like City of Broken Dreamers.
Firstly, I'm not a great anime fan, let alone shounen. I'm not familiar with that sort of plot in mangas or anywhere else, so I don't know if what I'm suggesting is cliché in other contexts.
Is magic used in those stories? If it is, it has nothing to do with what I mentioned.

In the way I described the situation, Henry's "resuscitation" would be meaningful because he would return as a completely different person, thus creating an emotional impact on the characters (especially Gloria).
As for the last sentence, I don't understand why you think that. To me it's quite the opposite: it makes a lot of sense in a dystopian, futuristic story, to have a semi-robotic guy revived by scientific means.

Henry broke his already aging limiter before dying in Gloria's arms which made her lose her mind and destroy every piece of tech in a 1.6km radius with that EMP/shockwave. There was no one in condition to bring him to medical attention there, even if they wanted.
That shockwave didn't prevent Sasha from grabbing Gloria while she was unconscious on the ground.
That shockwave didn't stop Sonja from grabbing the MC and dragging him somewhere safe.
That shockwave destroyed every electronic device in a 1.6 km radius, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of some support party from Baynard getting there just a minute later and collecting Henry's body to treat him, cremate him, stuff him or whatever they wanted to do.

This feels like Stella (from Depraved Awakening) all over again with people not wanting to believe she died.
Emmm... sorry but no. You may very well be right about Henry, and he could probably be dead for good, but that comparison doesn't hold water.

Stella was a normal human being in a realistic game who got shot in the head. Believing she would come back from the dead was absurd.

By contrast, Henry was/is an augment, half human half scientific experiment, whose story takes place in a sci-fi world.
He apparently dies after pulling off the electronic device that was allegedly keeping him alive, but do we know for a fact that such an organism can't be repaired in some way?
Moreover, what happened to his body? Stella got a funeral. Would Philly simply leave Henry's body to rot on a filthy street? I guess the characters will want to know whatever happened to their friend's body. I don't think Philly would be as clumsy as to simply neglect that fact.

Finally, I must insist on Henry's secret score.

I would be careful with putting too much trust into stats. Stella also had tracking stats until that "surprise motherfucker" moment in Depraved Awakening.

But i don't remember any dialogue that implies a rekindle of the flame between Jake and Sonja. When this happens? :unsure:
Stella did have a secret score of both love and lost. She sure did. And it did have an enormous impact on the game before her death, allowing you to have certain sex scenes with her, and even leading to MC's death if she didn't like you at the Awakenings club.
What impact do Henry's stats have on the game so far? As far as I've seen, some changes in the dialogue. If my memory serves me, I believe some other user said that there was a variation of some scene on the evil route. I can't tell.
Bearing this in mind, it's not stupid to think that those stats could (could) come into play at a later stage of the game. Why track them otherwise?

You're all allowed to believe this is never going to happen, of course. I believe it's possible but I don't even think it's the most likely scenario. But man, don't treat it as if it were some sort of ludicrous, insane invention. This is not BaDIK's thread, and I'm not saying Jill is MC's aunt.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I am sorry to disagree with you, but, I think Philly has plans to place a "pardon" path for Sonja, since she have a hidden stats on the script and since some dialogs on the game are telling us this.
And she's about to return to port!

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure she'll be a romantic interest. Her and MC's relationship issues were based on Caracas, and this story is in part about overcoming that, and I'm pretty sure they both love one another still.
I hope not, she's the perfect platonic/antagonistic "ex" wife. None of their interactions have been anything beyond that, I'd rather see Kleo as a love interest than Sonja.

I was actually wondering if Henry will be the only dead character or if at the end we shall see one more, perhaps a love interest. I hope that Philly doesn't kill a LI off because it becomes too much of a "formula". Besides I would hate to lose Kate, Ellen, Chandra, and Abby.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
I'm not involved with either Victoria or Ellen in this game as I am all about Katie (that's why she's my avatar) but I did watch the Ellen scene where he kisses her and I do think as we get closer to the end of this game those on the Ellen route are most likely going to see her crush really evolve into love. He's doing so much for Gloria I'm sure it's impressing her (and probably Katie as well).

He'll go to the ends of the Earth to protect and help who he has to. God knows what Gloria's route will entail or how that will go, but it would be odd wouldn't it? She's more like a sister really (especially to Ellen) and she looks up to Katie (I think.) It would just seem weird to have her as an LI at this point. Just my opinion of course.
My choices are between Katie and Victoria. Yeah Victoria is basically a "yes girl" to her bitch of a boss, but she at least got some respect from me when she stood up to the boss with the client in the pool. She gained some credibility with me when she did that. She could still turn out to be a traitorous bitch in the end, but until that happens and makes me automatically defer to Katie, I'll give her the benefit of doubt.

Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I was actually wondering if Henry will be the only dead character or if at the end we shall see one more, perhaps a love interest. I hope that Philly doesn't kill a LI off because it becomes too much of a "formula". Besides I would hate to lose Kate, Ellen, Chandra, and Abby.
You... you forgot Victoria :cry:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
My choices are between Katie and Victoria. Yeah Victoria is basically a "yes girl" to her bitch of a boss, but she at least got some respect from me when she stood up to the boss with the client in the pool. She gained some credibility with me when she did that. She could still turn out to be a traitorous bitch in the end, but until that happens and makes me automatically defer to Katie, I'll give her the benefit of doubt.
Vicky is a fucking fascinating character, and one of the hottest models I've seen in any game. Maybe the hottest.
She's the most interesting "person" in Philly's universe so far, neck and neck with Carli.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You... you forgot Victoria :cry:
Nope, never been a fan of her. She's as appealing to me as the sex bots at the brothel. Her proportions aren't as exaggerated but they are larger than I care for. In addition, even though I've played all of the routes, I just don't have any sympathy for her, that's reserved for the people who are fighting for their lives against her employer.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
I hope not, she's the perfect platonic/antagonistic "ex" wife. None of their interactions have been anything beyond that, I'd rather see Kleo as a love interest than Sonja.

If anyone else dies my guess would be Sonja because she's very gung ho and way too hung up on killing everything in sight. She'll probably end up rushing into a mission guns blazing and get herself killed.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If anyone else dies my guess would be Sonja because she's very gung ho and way too hung up on killing everything in sight. She'll probably end up rushing into a mission guns blazing and get herself killed.
Yeah, honestly Sonja, Gloria, and Victoria could all be possible deaths in my mind. Probably in bad endings. I doubt he'd go for the cheap shock so a repeat of Stella's death seems unlikely. Especially since Ellen felt like she was going to be a shocking death.

And just to add my two cents I really think Henry is dead, we've already had Henry "die" and come back. I hope that Philly doesn't keep going to that, there have already been 3 "died" and came back moments in this story (Henry, Ellen, Jake) and I feel like I am missing one.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Yeah, honestly Sonja, Gloria, and Victoria could all be possible deaths in my mind. Probably in bad endings.
That's a good theory, there's hints in the game that point to that kinda outcome. Personally, I think Victoria will be a certain 'sacrifice' on her spellbound path, don't know if someone will kill her or she'll die protecting somebody (Gloria ??) due to her feeling guilty about what she did. Victoria could've let the Red Moon kill the MC, but she stops him, even tho her score is under 3 (spellbound path), so she don't seem to like killing someone if there's no need for that. She also tells Ellen she didn't want to put her life in danger... again, even if her score is under 3 and the player is on her spellbound path, which shows that Victoria isn't the cold bitch we think she is.

Don't forget Chandra. Philly could settle for a I-sacrifice-my-lady-ass-to-save-your-hairy-ass Hollywood clichè to show just how much she cares about the MC. IMO, Chandra gives off Stella vibes the most, and that could also convince her stupid mother that every life is precious, no matter if we talk about humans, animals, or milchers. You should judge someone by his actions, not by how he looks coz most of those 'freaks' are more human than her, Alexis Connor, and probably 90%+ of the 'decent' ppl in this game.

Nope, never been a fan of her. Her proportions aren't as exaggerated but they are larger than I care for.
Whaat ?? An abnormally attractive redhead who knows what she's doing in bed and you don't like her ?? Who are you and what did u do to the real MrFriendly ??:LOL:

I doubt he'd go for the cheap shock so a repeat of Stella's death seems unlikely. Especially since Ellen felt like she was going to be a shocking death.
Idk, but we can't exclude the possibility.

I feel like I am missing one.
You probably think about the Red Moon, the boi Henry played ping-pong with the motherfucker. Speaking of the Red Moon, I wonder if he'll survive to go back to the children he takes care of... really hope he does, but we still need an antagonist, so maybe his name should be added to your 'death note'.;)

If you follow the right path, there a lot of dialogs between the MC and Sonja that suggest the MC will forgive her eventually.
Yeah, they're a lively duo who obviously still care about each other, even Gloria says that. I dunno if Philly intends to make a Sonya only ending given how many LI's we have, but it's possible to see her in a 3some with the MC and some other girl, tho I don't think Sonya will be cool with being the +1 option, but who knows, horny amazons need a good dicking too.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienEDM

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's a good theory, there's hints in the game that point to that kinda outcome. Personally, I think Victoria will be a certain 'sacrifice' on her spellbound path, don't know if someone will kill her or she'll die protecting somebody (Gloria ??) due to her feeling guilty about what she did. Victoria could've let the Red Moon kill the MC, but she stops him, even tho her score is under 3 (spellbound path), so she don't seem to like killing someone if there's no need for that. She also tells Ellen she didn't want to put her life in danger... again, even if her score is under 3 and the player is on her spellbound path, which shows that Victoria isn't the cold bitch we think she is.

Don't forget Chandra. Philly could settle for a I-sacrifice-my-lady-ass-to-save-your-hair-ass Hollywood clichè to show just how much she cares about the MC. IMO, Chandra gives off Stella vibes the most, and that could also convince her stupid mother that every life is precious, no matter if we talk about humans, animals, or milchers. You should judge someone by his actions, not by how he looks coz most of those 'freaks' are more human than her, Alexis Connor, and probably 90%+ of the 'decent' ppl in this game.
True, Chandra dying could be the one death that would cause Meredith to reevaluate what she's "done with her life". Though, I also feel that if Philly went that route we'd need another antagonist besides the company itself.

Whaat ?? An abnormally attractive redhead who knows what she's doing in bed and you don't like her ?? Who are you and what did u do to the real MrFriendly ??:LOL:
Honestly? I find her boring. She has no flaws, "perfect body" (though a bit too busty for me), "perfect manners", "perfect at sex", etc. I know that Jake and the events of the game can cause her to doubt her commitment to her company but it's not enough. If she doesn't die she will be the reason someone dies.

And I like my redheads with freckles. :)

Idk, but we can't exclude the possibility.
Agreed

You probably think about the Red Moon, the boi Henry played ping-pong with the motherfucker. Speaking of the Red Moon, I wonder if he'll survive to go back to the children he takes care of... really hope he does, but we still need an antagonist, so maybe his name should be added to your 'death note'.;)
Possible. And I see the Red Moon as more sympathetic than Victoria. The Red Moon needs the money or whatever to keep kids alive. Victoria was "happily" going along in her life as a companion/fuck toy until this situation and then she suddenly has doubt but keeps doing what she's supposed to do while doubting. I don't think her refusal to get in the hot tub and service a client is that amazing. She's still trying to find Gloria for the company.

Yeah, they're a lively duo who obviously still care about each other, even Gloria says that. I dunno if Philly intends to make a Sonya only ending given how many LI's we have, but it's possible to see her in a 3some with the MC and some other girl, tho I don't think Sonya will be cool with being the +1 option, but who knows.:D
Eh, I just don't think Sonya is attractive or interesting. She had her chance and decided the job was more important. Jake spends so much time trying to tell her it is just like the previous incident and she doesn't listen at all. I'd rather hate fuck Meredith than wrestle Sonya into submission.

Reactions: beef-devourer

Naruto3003s

Mar 5, 2021
I think Henry will die if he is not dead already. Victoria will switch sides and she will get into a very bad accident, the MC will be able to save her if he had taken the nano fluid from the lab. Gloria’s fate will depend on Gloria Score. If it is above a certain level she will be alive in the end if not then she dies (just like Ciri’s fate in Witcher 3).

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
Since we're apparently doing predictions now, I'm just gonna throw my hat into the ring:
Sonya will die in some stupidly heroic way, most likely saving MC or Gloria (or both).
Henry will probably stay dead. I honestly doubt he'll make a comeback, and I honestly hope that he doesn't, the game is perfectly fine keeping him dead. BUT if they do bring him back in some Winter-Soldier-twist, it could lead to the group teaming up with the Red Moon to defeat him.
Victoria will change sides. That much is a given. My guess is that she'll do something stupid to help MC & company, Meredith figures it out and sends someone after her (possibly the Red Moon), she nearly dies or dies (depending on your score with her) and, if she survives, joins up with our heroes and is somehow instrumental in saving the day.
Gloria will almost certainly survive. It might be dependant on her score, as Naruto3003s suggested, but I think that it really depends on whether or not you took the nanofluid. It would be kinda dumb to kill her off after going through all that trouble to keep her alive, and I seriously doubt that Philly took writing advise from GoT.
Shanlon will either get her story or won't get her story. That about it. Unless there's a scene where she's used as a fuckdoll for all kinds of people. (Aaand now I have a picture of Shanlon being gangfucked by Milchers. Great.) (Speaking of Milchers, that in-game explanation of the term makes zero sense at all! I'm german, and I've never heard anyone refer to people who milk the social system for something as Milchers or something like that in any way. Honestly, it looks like whoever came up this term simply looked up the german word for milk and went with it!)
Meredith? Yeah, there's no way she makes it out alive. If that means taking out Baynard as well is up for debate, I think that the company will only take one hell of a blow, but maybe, they go down entirely. But Meredith dies, I'm sure of it. (Maybe MC fucks her beforehand, maybe not. I'm happy either way xD)
Chandra... it probably depends on your score with her and if you were a dick to her or not. She either ends up dying in some way, possibly helping the good guys (again, depending on your behavior) or survives and keeps helping, maybe even being instrumental in taking down her mom, which would make for an interesting potential rift between her and the MC. Come to think of it, maybe she'll do something which'll lead the group to take out Meredith and, if you were a dick to her, she'll do something incredibly stupid, resulting in her death. Huh, unlikely, but not impossible.
Abby will most likely be okay, unless Baynard somehow connects her to the group and does something against HR guidelines. Like torture with lethal consequences. But that'd be out of character for them, right? xD
Ellen will either go back to being a singer or become a full-time fixer somewhere, and depending on your choices throughout the game, possibly ends up with Victoria (I feel like they're hinting at that, especially with that hospital conversation). I don't really see her dying in any scenario other than a hostage scenario gone wrong where you're forced to choose between Ellen and Katie.
Katie most likely goes back to being a normal doctor, probably back at her clinic. Like with Ellen, I don't see really see her dying outside of the aformentioned scenario. What I am curious about is how her backstory will be resolved, especially in regards to the second archived message from her dad, and I suspect that this is something that will come to play again.
The MC? It could go two ways for him: Either he dies while saving Gloria, or he survives, helps Gloria escape, and based on whatever romance you chose (both already implemented and teased, but not yet fully implemented), is either on the run with Gloria or stays in Los Angeles with his girl. It's a fifty-fifty scenario, honestly.
The only wild card here is the Red Moon. I think he'll be an antagonist for the entirety of the game, but I also think he has some connection to Victoria which could maybe lead to him protecting her and maybe helping our heroes? I really don't know. Then, there's the whole Henry-thing. Again, another way his loyalties could be swayed is if Philly pulls a Winter Soldier on him and brings back Henry as a Baynard-tool, which would lead to a teamup with the Red Moon, because I seriously doubt that he'd be okay with working alongside this guy.
Man, I can't remember being that invested in a game in a long time. Wonder what that says about games in general and me as a person xD

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I see the Red Moon as more sympathetic than Victoria.
I respect your opinion, but that's debatable. In MY opinion, that Red Moon is as big a hypocrite as some politicians are when they accuse others of the same shit they do, or in our case, Victoria. We don't know why she became an augment and Meredith's right-hand woman, but it seems she was forced or didn't have a choice but to become who she is now. The money she sends to her parents could be one of the reasons, we don't know yet. And I don't think she's gonna betray the MC if u on her love path, can't say the same about the spellbound path.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope Jake will have the option to ask him this "How do u look those poor kids in the eye when you know the money that keeps them alive and well comes from the same ppl who are responsible for their suffering ??". I think that could be the start of a good therapy session or just a 'polite' conversation between two veterans.

Holy fucking shit, Nevrius, that's some good ass theories you got there, bruh. You hack into Philly's PC and read the script or what ?? Most of your theories seem like possible outcomes.(y)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I respect your opinion, but that's debatable. In MY opinion, that Red Moon is as big a hypocrite as some politicians are when they accuse others of the same shit they do, or in our case, Victoria. We don't know why she became an augment and Meredith's right-hand woman, but it seems she was forced or didn't have a choice but to become who she is now. The money she sends to her parents could be one of the reasons, we don't know yet. And I don't think she's gonna betray the MC if u on her love path, can't say the same about the spellbound path.

I hope Jake will have the option to ask him this "How do u look those poor kids in the eye when you know the money that keeps them alive and well comes from the same ppl who are responsible for their suffering ??". I think that could be the start of a good therapy session or just a 'polite' conversation between two veterans.

Holy fucking shit, Nevrius, that's some good ass theories you got there, bruh. You hack into Philly's PC and read the script or what ?? Most of your theories seem like possible outcomes.(y)
I don't see it as hypocrisy. The Red Moon was fine, not happy or comfortable, but fine hiding away with some children that he was protecting. He had no interest in being a mercenary until Meredith showed up and told him an augment was still around AND, probably, also made some promises of money and supplies for the kids. Though the government gave the orders the augments were the ones who carried them out and it is much easier to carry out a vendetta against individuals instead of an entire government.

Victoria didn't start to doubt her life or the company until Jake showed up and started to make her doubt. So she was a happy little fuck-toy/cracker jack prize/negotiator until Jake treats her like she isn't a piece of meat. Which means that Victoria never questioned Baynard or her role within it until Jake resisted her augments. Was she super awesome power twins "happy" about her situation? No but just like the Red Moon she was fine with the status quo. The difference is that the Red Moon wasn't bothering anyone, wasn't working for a twisted corporation that wants to dissect Gloria and use her to create new augments. Victoria was working for such a company, she sold her soul to it in order to ensure that her parents were taken care of in some manner. How many other terrible things has Victoria done, participated in, or caused to happen while working for the company?

The Red Moon defended his country, lost, and has been hidden away trying to help refugees/survivors. The damage he did was confined to one war and then to one man. It is possible that Victoria has done much more damage to quite a few people and still might because she is actively working for Meredith. Turning down one assignment doesn't suddenly make her an ally or a rebel. Just means that Meredith is going to "punish" her and bring her back in line.

Reactions: beef-devourer

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
What kinda POS dares to hit a woman !!:mad: (me, I wanted to see what happens if u pick those options:ROFLMAO:)
How dare you think women are weak defenseless and not equal to men in physical abilities :HideThePain: . Joking aside, to me it is a matter of mistreating a hostile individual regardless of the sex.

If someone apparently works for your foe and wants to kidnap people you care for and protect, would you not hit this someone, even if it is a woman, if hitting highly probably helps you save your loved ones...at least for a few more days. Doesn't look like a gross misconduct to me.

Meredith can't afford to make a dumb slut her right-hand woman.:WeSmart:The only stupid thing Vic did was working for Meredith, but it seems she's forced to be her lapdog, so yeah, my MC's waifu is one amazing woman.
Victoria can't help being an obedient dog of Meredith who raised her up within that augment program. However, if on the Victoria path she tries to resist Meredith's power.

Nope, never been a fan of her. She's as appealing to me as the sex bots at the brothel. Her proportions aren't as exaggerated but they are larger than I care for. In addition, even though I've played all of the routes, I just don't have any sympathy for her, that's reserved for the people who are fighting for their lives against her employer.
For some reason most players forget or don't consider the crucial facts on Victoria's essence that correspond to your words on her as being a sort of sex bot. And I like to see many guys play this game with immersion like you assessing characters based on their personalities and deeds, not only on the appearance that is purely biased.

WARNING: Spoilers alert.
You can see the in-game evidence regarding Victoria's nature based on the Chapter 4 shower scene under a spoiler.

WARNING: Spoilers alert.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
For some reason most players forget or don't consider the crucial facts on Victoria's essence that correspond to your words on her as being a sort of sex bot. And I like to see many guys play this game with immersion like you assessing characters based on their personalities and deeds, not only on the appearance that is purely biased.
In my opinion: "The history is writen by the victorious". Even in the real world, everyone perform the role what is programmed for each one. Talking about the game, each girl has their own role and Victoria is the mostly intelligent girl character of everyone, but she lack of power, which is the role of Meredith(The villain?). I think Victoria is just acting her role as it is convenient for her own survival and she is not just any bot, she is a heroin on her way, just like Gloria, Ellen and Katie.

Victoria is the most smart person on COBD, and it is that the reason I am her fan.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
FACT 3:
Victoria is in fact a prostitute, an elite one, very intelligent and witty no doubt, but a prostitute. Moreover, calling her an elite prostitute is not quite correct, as she doesn't f*ck people for money, she is a special operations command (SOCOM) prostitute agent that is even a worse case. She will execute any order of her command.
Yes, she maybe a prostitute by command, but she is just playing her role to survival. After all, we known nothing about her past and what she have done to survive.

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes